**April Bunnies 2015**

20 weeks down today- 20 to go(or less if I have him early like Joey!)

I'm loving how busy and active baby boy is, but I was feeling sad because from Wednesday night until today baby was turned head down, and I have an anterior placenta this time. If he is in breech or transverse position I feel so many kicks, you can feel them hard on the outside too, it is amazing. Head down like he has been I feel the occasional punch and nudge, but much less movement and only on the inside. Last night I could feel him dancing around a lot, and I woke up this morning to nice hard kicks again as he has flipped back feet down. I hope in a couple of weeks he will be able to kick harder and I will be able to feel more movement through the placenta. But thankful for being able to feel him more today.

I like the name Holly :). What names are everyone else thinking of? We were torn for a boy between Finley and Reed, but I have decided on Reed and I feel super happy with the choice. His full name will be Reed Nathaniel Joshua T.

A bit off topic but I have purchased my oldest his Christmas present and I am so bad because I want to give it now. It's a baby grand piano. He loves it, in the store(2 days in a row) he sits down on the piano bench and fingers the keys and plays with super intensity for a busy 16 month old. It's amazing and really neat to see!

Hope you ladies are doing well today!

Eidson- That is so exciting that you could feel the baby! That must be so great for you. :)

Maggz- I think you hit the nail on the head with the comment about men not wanting to seek any help for issues. It's like the same problem as a man stopping to ask for directions. He'd rather be lost for an hour than to just stop and ask someone.

Christina- Happy 17 weeks! Good that you have a lot to do in the upcoming months.

Northern- I feel the same as you do, January and February just seem to take forever to pass for me. We don't have a whole lot going on in those months either. The first week of January might go by fast since we will be with family then. But after that, I don't know how fast it will go.
My MIL and mom both want to give me a baby shower. My husband probably won't have the time off to take a trip with me. I have told him that I don't mind driving myself, but he doesn't feel comfortable with me doing that. So, hopefully, there will be a little bit of time he can get off to make a trip with me.

Counting- Congrats on week 20 today! I am not too far behind you (will be there Wednesday), and I realized that not only is 20 weeks halfway through the pregnancy, but it is also the halfway point of the 2nd trimester. Fun times! I like the name Reed a lot! I definitely love having a name. It just makes you feel closer to the baby, I think.

Holly started kicking me like crazy yesterday! Maybe she's excited that we finally named her! Haha! But she kicked me so hard last night that I jolted up in my seat. I have tried to put my hand there to feel her, but she's beginning to quit moving when I try to feel her. Or last night, I put my hand where she was moving, she stopped, I left my hand there, and then I started feeling kicks higher up. Can't wait until she is big enough that we will feel her regardless.

I am happy I have things to do or I would go crazy. Especially with not working!!

The movements are a bit more distinct. There is no way what I am feeling is gas. Just sitting here on the computer I had 3 random (strongish) pulse feelings in a row and then it stopped.

I wish I could feel baby a bit more. Since she is bigger and right behind the placenta I don't feel her loads.

She is definitely head down. I get bigger kicks at the top above the placenta and then scrabbling hands down low. On the doppler I hear her moving all the time.

I guess as she is my 3rd I want to feel her all the time. My stomach muscles are knackered enough!

I love Reed! Gorgeous name.

I feel much more bonded to baby now that she has a name.

Dini that really sounds like depression/anxiety. I hope all those whose husbands need it get help of some kind. If not medical help, any resources to get them feeling better. You deserve a partner who is as invested in life as you are.

I would rather have snow than cold--I love the snow when it's 20 degrees or more, it's this 0 degree weather that's driving me up the wall!

I love the names you are all choosing! Holly and Reed are beautiful names! :) We went to a ninja-themed 4th bday party where they did ninja name tags; I did one that said boy--"Zu-mo-fu"--and stuck it on my belly. So we will probably call him Zumofu until we decide on a real name in spring! :p We haven't agreed on anything yet.

I have my bday in January and family bdays + Valentine's Day (not that we really do anything) in February, so I am worried about the rest of this pregnancy going too quickly!

Stayed up late at a friend's party last night and I am wrecked today. Nap time might need to be a family affair.... :p

Love the names popping up in here! Given I have an Ivy a lot of people ask if we will have a 'Holly' :rofl:

I still really want Penelope. Our DD2 is called Elodie (Eh-lo-dee) which I realise sounds similar. Do you think it is too weird? We will call the baby Penny almost for sure. In the birth announcement for example we'd say Penny (Penelope) April F... Arrived on X and X time etc.

I am also trying to remember they won't spent their lives having to list the name of their sisters...

Speaking of DD1 and DD2 here is a picture of them from today before my Niece's birthday. My ticker photos are old now.

https://i60.tinypic.com/95v8ft.jpg

In less great news my diabetes has gone from Ok to really not great. I am barely keeping control of numbers and I am almost totally not eating carbs :cry: I think I'll be on metaformin by xmas at this rate.

I am trying as hard as I can. They say the 3rd diabetic pregnancy is the worst...

Cute photo of your girls Amelie. I think Penelope goes lovely with your other girls names.

Love all the name ideas here :D

Amelie your girls are super sweet! Look so cute together. I don't think it weird at all having similar sounding names.

Sorry about your diabetes :( my friend had her 6th baby who was on my August thread last year and she had gd and it got worse each pregnancy. baby's all been fine though ! But she always struggled with blood sugar numbers and had to use insulin. Xxx

I love the name Reed as well!

Amelie your girls are gorgeous! And I think Penelope goes very well with their names. So sorry your GD is being this way I have a feeling I'll be with you in a month or so.

Well DH did get the nursery floors down and it looks sooo good. It was a challenge and we argued a few times because he gets frustrated when it doesn't go well but it could have been worse and it looks beautiful. We spent more than we wanted on the flooring but I think it was worth it. It's going to be the nicest room in the house lol.

So psyched for our ultrasound Wednesday. My midwife appt is Tuesday so I'll probably make my anomaly scan appt then. Just can't wait to see this baby again!!

Dini you've started your nursery? We ordered our furniture this weekend cause it's custom order so won't be shipped till Jan or Feb. Closet is done, and might start painting next month. Feel a little crazy for getting at it so early but don't want to be down to the wire and have loads to do, and what if babe comes early?? Lol

I'm not even doing a nursery haha. It's amazing how different first and second pregnancies are. We aren't even buying a crib until we need one. They recommend that baby sleeps in your room for 6 months so we just have a play yard. We'll figure something out. I went from having perfectly matching baby stuff to reusing everything and not caring about a nursery.

Dini you've started your nursery? We ordered our furniture this weekend cause it's custom order so won't be shipped till Jan or Feb. Closet is done, and might start painting next month. Feel a little crazy for getting at it so early but don't want to be down to the wire and have loads to do, and what if babe comes early?? Lol

Well technically we started it years ago by rebuilding a wall that was cracking and paining it but when we started doing fertility treatments we stopped because we were so emotionally drained from the failure we turned it into the "dogs room" lol. We decided we would at least put new floors down now (the hardwood was in rough shape) and do the trim and get the room to look finished. Haven't started shopping for the furniture yet but I did look online at some cribs. What did you get? I think when we find out the gender it will start to come together.

We have so much to do before baby comes, not limited to the nursery we figured we'd start now. Have to do a little at a time because we dont have limitless funds.

I don't think you are starting early at all!

Northern, I am not certain we will buy a crib right away either. DH's aunt is giving is a cradle and that will stay in our room. We have two extra bedrooms and both are in dire need of remodeling so figured better to do it now because we sure won't have money later lol.

I also doubt we will have anything matching as the room had built in cabinets and dressers so no need to buy others.

Hope this works, I'm on my phone. Here is a pic of the new floor.

https://s24.postimg.org/mkzxri75x/image.jpg
https://postimage.org/

This pregnancy preparations are so different than with my first. I had a nursery set up in a nook in our room(kind of like an attached sitting room in our master bedroom)crib set up, walls painted, bassinet ready by the bed, and buying all kinds of boy clothes... This time I know we won't use a crib or a bassinet, and no sense in painting anything as baby will be in our room. We have all kinds of boy clothes too as my first is a boy and so close in age. Trying to find other ways to connect to the preparations for his birth. I am going to start knitting him a special blanket soon, some things like that.

Hi everyone

I would love to join!

Pregnant with our first child. Due April 29! We had it confirmed on Friday that we are having a little girl.

Would also love to join the Facebook group. Do you need my email address for that?

Dini the floor looks great! And those built in closets are amazing! I wish I had space like that! My apartment has so little closet space.
Northern I'm not doing a nursery either. Baby will be in my room until at least 6 months and then, if he is mostly sleeping through the night, he will go in to share with dd. I do feel a bit guilty. Dd had such a big room and I put so much effort into decorating it. I think I'll have to come up with some ideas to brighten it up.
I'll be reusing my club just need a new mattress. I need to get a cradle/bassinet or something for my room. I'm also trying to decide whether to put a changing table in my room. Dh was against it but now he's not there... There is no room for one in the kids room so I'll have to keep using the chest of drawers. Not the end of the world.
The play mat and bouncer chair I ordered have arrived. Both are stunning! I'm so pleased. I really wanted a swing chair but decided they were too pricey.

Amelie- That's funny that people think you will have a Holly because you have an Ivy. When I told my parents this baby's name, my dad jokingly suggested that I give the baby his name (Garland) as a middle name. And I said if that were the case, I might as well just be all Christmassy and name her Holly Ivy. ;)
Your girls are just adorable! I love Penelope for a name. Does your husband like it?

Dini- You and I have a scan on the same day! It's my 20 week scan this Wednesday. I hope yours goes great! Scans are so much fun!

Northern and Beanonorder- We are doing the exact same thing. This baby will not have a nursery or a crib for awhile. She will just be in our room in the pack and play. She will probably have to share with her brother for awhile as well because we can't give our only spare bedroom to her. I just plan on giving her her own "section" of the room they share.

I'm feeling kicks A LOT now. I hope it's not too much longer before we can feel her from the outside.

Okay so is it weird or I guess unusual to not have the baby in your room from the beginning? I told my husband this is what I wanted to do and he said "there is no way the kid is sleeping in my bedroom that's why we have a nursery". I dripped the subject bc it would have turned into a gigantic fight and I am not in the mood to deal with it right now. But I'm curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->