**April Bunnies 2015**

We are giving my office to this baby for his nursery. I'm not exactly pleased about it, as we now have to cram our office space into the corner of the family room (it's actually the playroom since its main function is holding toys). I finally had my own space and now I'm giving it up to a person who couldn't care less whether he has a room to himself. :p But the reason we bought a 3-bedroom house was in case we ever had another baby. We aready have the crib (DD's) and have to put it somewhere (it's currently in pieces around our house, classy!) and it wouldn't be fair to make DD share her room with an infant when she's already going to have a big adjustment in front of her. She's independent and will need her own space. I'll get my own back once we finally move. Anyway, she needs her sleep so she can go to school all day & do homework and be a helpful big sister in the evenings.

As for the first six months, I want to room-share and am trying to find something small enough to fit in our little room--can't fit a mini pack n' play, let alone a crib. If I can breastfeed and can make the bed safe, I'll likely bedshare again, just until 6 or 9 months probably. If I can't breastfeed I won't bedshare during the first 6 months, I'd be too paranoid. I loved bedsharing with DD once she started nursing. I still let her sleep in there with me when DH is out of town. :)

Counting- We technically have an arrangement. My husband named our son. Completely. But that's because he had always wanted a son to carry on his name. So, his son would be the third. The arrangement was that I would have complete choice over a girl's name.
But now that we're about to have a girl, it's not as simple as I thought it would be. It isn't like I went through my whole life with a name I wanted to give my daughter. So, there are quite a few names I like. But I really want my husband to like the name also. He told me yesterday that I could pick whatever name I wanted, but I want him to like it too. He has told me he doesn't like Paige or Grace. The middle names he is fond of are Beth (which I'm not wild about), Amber (I like it but it is my sister's middle name), Emily, and Elaine (but not as much as the others). If I had it my way, I'd pick Holly Paige, but I know that he isn't even neutral about Paige. He doesn't like it. At this point, I will probably coast as long as possible until we find one we both like or if I decide I don't care if he likes it or not. It's hard, though, because this is his child too.

Sorry I've been mia - work had been so busy.

4 hours till my scan! Getting so nervous!

Good luck greygirl! I hope all is good with baby. I know you're staying team yellow (like I was!) so I hope baby doesn't make it obvious!

Good luck greygirl!

Baby names are really starting to stress me out. We can't think of any boys names we both like :-(

Hey girls! How is everyone doing? So fun to see all the discussion on names and nursery :)

Rebecca, Northern, Amelie - nice names :)

Good luck GreyGirl on the scan appointment :)

We weren't planning on nursery earlier as we are in a rented out place currently and our own house is still getting ready. But last weekend, we finally got a confirmation that our own place will be ready to start the interior work soon, probably by Jan beginning. So, have to start with the nursery ideas. I'm finding it difficult to come up with something gender neutral as we can't find the gender here :( Any idea that I have does lean towards a girl always :p Any ideas for that?

SanJan have a look on pinterest, there are great ideas there. I have been looking for ideas on what I can do for the kids room seeing as they have to share.

19 weeks today!!! My scan is two weeks today!!!! Can't wait to see him again. He's kicking loads now but very low down.

My daughter has been really ill since sat and now she's covered in a itchy raised rash I'm hoping it's just viral but she gets viral rashes all the time and it's never been like this. She's going to see the doc this afternoon.

I hope the rash isn't anything more than viral Kirsy :hugs:

Have you changed you mind on names?

SanJan I second the idea of looking on Pinterest. Just search for "gender neutral nursery" and a ton of things will come up. One idea I like is just to get the basics done in neutral colors you like, then add decorations in another color (e.g. pink) once baby is born and you know the gender. Have fun!

GreyGirl I hope you have an awesome scan!

Kirsty I hope names aren't stressing you too much. We had a boy name from the get-go with DD, but it turns out we can't use that one and have nothing solid yet for this boy either. I'm reading The Baby Name Wizard and it's helping me at least get a sense of the styles I like.

I have a ton of anxiety the last week or so. We went to bed late last night but I still woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't fall back asleep because my brain went into anxious mode. Last pregnancy I was an emotional mess; this time the anxiety is the worst. I have a prescription for Xanax for occasional anxiety attacks, I wish I could take it! :p

I'm just not 100% on the name and I want to really like it. Just can't think of anything. I know we have loads of time but we have always had a name for our baby from early on and it's starting to bug the both of us now x

I know how you feel Kirsty, we had set names early on with DS and have a set in stone girls name but it's taken me a while to think of a boys name and we haven't settled on a middle name for a girl yet and it's annoying!

Went to bed at 9:30. Up at 10:30. Fell asleep by midnight. Up at 5:30am. I have 4 classes, 1 presentation, 1 paper to write (that's due tomorrow), 1 quiz to take, 1 board meeting to attend (for a shadowing a county official), and I have myself volunteering at the foodbank today. I felt so good the last few days - despite today being busy I was excited to have tons to do.....

.... and then I start throwing up!:nope:

Hopefully it was a one time thing and the rest of the day will go by smoothly and my food will stay down. I haven't even eaten anything yet! I threw up stomach acid and then water! :shrug:

Kirsty- I'm sorry you are having such a rough time with names. I hope a good one comes to you soon.

GreyGirl- Good luck on your scan today! I hope it all goes well.

Tara- I am so sorry to hear about your anxiety. Was there anything you were able to do that could help it?

Christina- That definitely sounds like a rough night last night! It's the worst when you throw up and there isn't anything on your stomach. I hope your day ends up going well today.

I was up last night too. But it was because I'm trying to potty train my son at night now. He has been wanting to wear underpants to bed for months. And I didn't want to let him until I was out of diapers. Well, most mornings, he would wake up dry as long as he didn't have anything to drink after 6 PM and he got up to pee 1 time in the night (usually around 10 PM). Well, now that he is in underpants, it isn't going well at all. He has wet the bed every night for the past 3 nights. On Monday night, he peed at 8 PM, 9 PM and then again at 10:30 PM. And he still ended up wetting his bed at 2 AM. Last night, we really tried to prevent any bed wetting. He stopped having anything to drink after 5:30. He peed at 8 PM, 9 PM, and then I went into his room at midnight, woke him up, and took him to the potty. I figured this would do it. Unfortunately, he was up crying at 5:30 AM because he had peed the bed.

I just don't know what the best decision to make is. My husband thinks he needs to go back into diapers for awhile longer. But he doesn't want to be in diapers at all. My MIL said he just needs to get used to it. I thought I'd give him a week to see if he improved at all. I just don't really know what the best decision would be. I don't even mind getting up with him to take him to the potty. It just seems to be that suddenly he is peeing on himself in his sleep.

Greygirl I hope your scan went well!!

Kirsty a perfect name will come to you, but I totally understand the stress.

I'm currently sitting in the waiting room for my regular OB appt and it's driving me crazy because it smells like smoke so bad from all the people in here. Seems everyone in here must smoke and it's making me nauseated. To top it off they already had to bring it up that I haven't made my "prepayment" of $400 that was due the 10th that I really don't have the money for. I can't do $400/mo. They are having me talk to the billing lady after my appt. So I'm sure my bp is up now. And this little kid is behind me playing a video game and it's so loud. And I'm hungry! Lol whine much??

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. Sorry I couldn't reply sooner, I had to go back to work after the scan. Everything went well, baby kept their feet up covering their modesty thankfully.
Picture was rubbish because they were in a bad position the whole time. Not all the measurements got taken today, so we're back on the 12th for another scan to get the last measurements. Excited to get to see them again!
How are you all today? I'll try and get in properly asap to catch up with you all :)

Rebecca, for the bed wetting, when DD was training I bought these sticky pads that go over the mattress. For some reason she made zero progress until I got those pads. She peed maybe 3 days and then stopped. They were with the diapers in Walmart.

Glad everything was good greygirl baby is clearly saving it's best poses for when it comes out :)

Dini haha you made me laugh sorry everything was crappy, hope the ob let you see the baby as a surprise!

I found out this morning I had an exam in biology today - then I was supposed to be studying for my math test but a nap was needed :haha: oh well.
Long night at school I'll be staying till 10... Tuesdays are looooooong.

3 days until scan! Can't wait.

Long long day. Didn't make it to my evening events. I felt horrible but I was throwing up today =[. At least I made it through my presentation without throwing up in front of everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->