**April Bunnies 2015**

Sorry Northern! Hope everything sorts itself out soon! How was the concert?

I took dd to a soft play area and she managed to keep going for two hours! She basically passed out in the stroller mid scream. I'm exhausted now! I'm hoping she's going to sleep long enough for me to have a nap too!

Thanks girls! So many boys on here! :)

Christina is your bp normally high? Sorry you didn't get a listen, when is your next scan?

oy northern that sucks I'm sorry but eh, we'll do anything to see the baby, right ;) Hope you feel better.

Nope it has been normal. =[ my next scan is in like 4 1/2 days. Wednesday the 26th. So not too far now!

Good luck on your scan Christina.

Congrats on your :blue: bump maggz.

Northern I'm so sorry and hope you feel better soon.

I'm having a weird day. Just couldn't remember what day it was while out and about. A family member invited me to a movie soon so I think that'll be fun.

Well it's another boy for the group! I'm rapt. That's 3 boys and 3 girls for me :-D. Time to stop after this one methinks! We got a new puppy last week too, so between that, a baby, a toddler and another baby on the way life is crazy busy (and so filled with poo)!!

Lying in bed on my own tonight... may I share? Aside from my kids I have no family, and I don't want to moan to my friends. I just want people's perspective...
My OH and I have just had a fight (not unusual for us when I'm pregnant lol).
His family have never accepted me. OH and I have two kids together, plus this one on the way. They've never met our 8mo despite not living far away.
This year OH wants to go to the big family Christmas, with all of his extended family, plus his older kids (teens and twenties, and they have had nothing to do with him since we had our first child together).
His ex-wife is also invited. I've said I'm not going to spend Christmas with his ex-wife, it's time for his family to move on and accept they're divorced.
Otherwise if she's going I'm happy to stay home and enjoy Christmas with our babies. Well, he's very unhappy about my decision. In his head we should all get along and play happy families.
Anyway, tonight he said he's still going to the Christmas party without us.
Ugh. I could probably explain the situation better but it'd get too long.
I feel they all want their cake and to eat it too. They'll all be rapt if he turns up without me. I feel if he goes without me then he's dooming us (me) to years of expectation that we are all going to be part of this big happy family and celebrate everything together.
I feel they're not going to move on while she's still being invited to everything (and OH and I haven't attended any family get togethers for the 3 years we've been together because she's also been invited).
What do people think? Am I being unreasonable? Should I be going about this a different way?

Congrats on your boy ssjad.

Why does his ex-wife get invited? Are his older kids living with their mom and they all get invited together?

I felt something weird today. It felt like i was struck by lighting from the inside of my abdomen at the same level of my belly button but more to the side. If it was the baby then it was very violent and painful, it made me cry out! I don't remember dd every kicking me like this!!

Well almost passing out was fun before. I was sitting, then went to stand. I was fine. Stood for about 20 minutes and all of a sudden things got blurry, my head felt heavy and my ears started ringing. I sat back down for a while and was fine but goodness I thought I was going down.

Hopefully it was only a one time thing. I will mention it to my dr on Wednesday just incase bc of my blood pressure.

Ssjad congrats on your boy :flower:

This is a difficult situation. For one, if you are very uncomfortable with his ex wife I hink your oh should stand up for you. However, she was a part of your ob's family life for years (decades?) and it's hard enough to divorce someone, but have to divorce their family too. I never understood why my grandma still talked to my uncles ex but she said you don't divorce families. That being said, my divorced parents families are pretty much all mixed up. My dad is my uncle's ( on my moms side) best friend and my mom sees my dads mom more than my dad does. These people have been in each others lives for so long it would be more awkward for them to stop talking than the other way around.
Do you not get along within his ex? Would you even have to be around her if you go? I'm sure there are more in depth reasons you're not going, and it doesn't sound like his family is very interested in your ob's life now? It's hard to put together without knowing the whole story but you do what's best for your family. I would try to talk about it more with your oh, if you can. Obviously your kids want their dad home for Christmas, right? Can he go to the family thing for a little bit and then be home?
Sorry my response was so all over the place I just wrote as new things pops into my head lol.

Northern- I hope you get some rest and get to feeling better soon. That sounds rough!

ssjad- Congrats on your boy! :blue: Looks like the boys are pulling ahead still. :) I wish I had advice to give you on what to do, but I don't. I have a similar situation when it comes to my in-laws and smoking. No ex involved in our situation, but they want us to stay with them for Christmas, will be offended if we don't, but they want to smoke in their house. It's just frustrating. My husband doesn't want to be in the middle of drama, but I don't really want to stay there. For now, I'm just staying outwardly calm about it while I try to think of a solution. I feel if I get worked up, that will only get my husband worked up as well. So, I stay calm. Maybe you and your husband can just take time to calmly sit down and talk about things. I don't think it's out of line for you to not want to be around his ex, but it might be tricky if she has kids that are their grandkids or something and they don't want to exclude her for those reasons because they don't want to invite their grandchildren without their mother? Anyway, all I can think is that if you two can talk it out together, you might be able to compromise on a solution.

Perplexed- I hope you are feeling okay. It sounds like you've had it a little bit rough lately. I don't know what that feeling is for you, but I know that this baby has kicked me hard enough this time that it hurt. She is low down and she is breech. So I am very sensitive to her kicks and can feel them very strong sometimes.

Beanonorder- Your description of your daughter falling asleep midscream sounds kind of funny. She must have been exhausted.

AFM- I am surprisingly calm about this whole thing they found on the ultrasound. I did start to get kind of worried about it like the day afterwards. I just started to imagine the possibilities of what if in the mindset to prepare. But I thought, out of all of the things I have worried about in my life, it has never been worth it. And suddenly I just don't think anything is wrong. It's definitely a peace I haven't normally experienced about other things. I hope to keep it because I'd rather enjoy the rest of my pregnancy rather than wonder and worry "what if."

Hi ladies!

Sorry I have not been online in what seems like forever! My computer finally decided to move on to the electronic afterlife a month or so ago (feel kind of lost without it). Luckily I have managed to retrieve all pics & videos of DS! Now that would have been a nightmare if I'd lost them!!! Laptop is top of my Christmas list! Tee Hee! Can't get used to this site using my phone, have had to retype twice already hopefully third times
a charm!

Had 20wk scan on 18th and proved my intuition was right again! 2 out of 2! Woo Hoo! Baby #2 is a... Girl!!!!

Now OH and I have to try to agree on a girls name and hopefully it will be one that goes well with DS's name!

I have a scan on Monday to check on my gall bladder as was in A&E recently with severe abdominal pain that they think is gall bladder related. Other than that the only thing I'm struggling with is my sciatica. Hope you are all well and your pregnancy is not causing you to suffer too much.

Hopefully this will post successfully!!!

Big hugs to you all!
J x

Jinbean is good to hear from you and congrats on your girl! Nice to see some girls popping up! Sorry about your gallbladder issues. I watched my mom go through that and it's not fun.

Ssjad congrats on a boy. I'm really sorry about the family drama. I keep thinking about what I would do in the same situation and I'm honestly not sure. I wouldn't want to be around an ex or somewhere I wasn't wanted. But at the same time I wouldn't want dh to go without me either.

Rebecca it was really funny. I'd briefly gone into a clothing store to see if they had maternity clothes and she was shouting no no and then kind of screaming. Suddenly she was quiet and I looked and she was out!

So I figured out sometime last year that I spend like close on to 700 dollars a year just on yogurt, and immediately decided to make my own. Currently have blueberry vanilla yogurt cooling, but I think I'm going to make some form of chocolate milk with chocolate chip yogurt because I can't get away from it! Then I got to thinking that if pumping works, I could make yogurt out of it for a first food. My brain is totally in baby mode now.

Northern is it difficult to make your own? Dd loves yogurt and so so many people moan at me for giving it to her because of the sugar content. But she hates plain yogurt.

Jinbean glad everything is good with you :flower:

northern what's the process like? I think I'd like to make my own I really am not a fan of anything in stores here... so sugary! I would love to be able to know every single thing in it :)

Yay I can now feel jellybean kicking on the outside :-D

Congrats on everyone who's found out what they're having.

Ssjad I think that sounds like a really tough situation but I think for the sake of the children involved at some point you will need to accept the ex wife is around. If you don't go because she's there it means your OH having to choose between his kids and if the ex wife isn't invited it means asking their children to choose between their parents. Can you go and get away with with a civil hello to her and spend the evening talking to other family members? I don't think you neccessarily have to be one big happy family but for the sake of an easy life it may be worth considering meeting them halfway.

It's so easy to make your own. I bought a yogurt maker and you literally just boil milk, add whatever ingredients you want and pour it into jars overnight and let them rest on the machine.

Jinbean- Congratulations on your girl! :pink: I hope you get a computer like you want.

I am very tired today for some reason. I could probably sleep all day. I also think that baby Holly has repositioned herself because I don't look as pregnant today as I did yesterday. In other news, my son felt his baby sister kick. And he said, "She kicks a lot!" That was fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->