**April Bunnies 2015**

Happy 18 weeks Christina!

Rebecca: I hope you feel better soon. Your son is so cute I'm glad he got to feel his sister kick!

Hi everyone, sorry I have been MIA for a while. I've been feeling quite depressed and anxious, but finally starting to feel a little better I hope.

I've read through all of the posts but I think I have to log on using my computer to be able to reply to your posts (I'm on my phone now).

As for me, baby boy is kicking a lot, belly is growing at what feels like a rapid rate, weight is quite stable, energy levels low and back/hips are hurting... I'm feeling quite insecure about my growing belly. I've always been quite fit and active, so seeing how big my belly is now just makes me a little worried about how big it's going to be in april!

My feet are swelling already!! I woke up like it. I feel like this is going to be a long winter.

Do you need to get swelling checked out by your doctor Northern?

I see my midwives very regularly because of my GD and they are obsessed with any type of swelling. I've never had any so I don't know the reasons why.

Generally they aren't too concerned with feet swelling. Just hand and face because they are signs of pre eclampsia. I think it's just an annoyingly early symptom. I never had swelling until I got pre eclampsia with DD

I had some weird facial swelling - tingley feelings and looking bloated, in my first (undiagnosed until 36 weeks) GD pregnancy now I think about it.

Tove- I am sorry to hear you've been feeling anxious and depressed. I hope you are doing okay now.
I am having major body image issues this time around. I had none first time. But I am having all sorts of problems with that too. I keep feeling like I don't need to gain a lot of weight during pregnancy. And I have gained no weight since my 16 week appointment, but that's because I've been counting my calories (never exceeding 2,000) and exercising regularly now. The one time I didn't gain weight, my doctor made me feel bad about it. But I was already about 15 lbs overweight when I got pregnant and trying to lose more, but I got pregnant by surprise. I really do not want to get an earful on Tuesday at my appointment (but I am seeing a new doctor).
Since I was exercising regularly before pregnancy, I am getting frustrated that things that were so simple for me before pregnancy are such a challenge now. I feel handicapped. I know it's normal and okay and exercise helps me to continue feeling great, but it's hard to shake those feelings.
Anyway, all that to say, I know the feeling of feeling in shape and then having to let go some. But by your pictures you really do look great! Are you still exercising?

hey april mummy's :)

I'm due on April 4th! We had our scan on Friday and found out we are on team :blue: another boy for us :happydance:

Yay so exciting!

This pregnancy seems to be flying past for me and can't belive I'm 21 wks already!!! Xx

Ooh. I can't stop eating today! As soon as I finish eating I want more. I hope dinner will be ready soon. Lol

I am feeling heavy today. My lower abdomen that is. Goodness. I Bend over and have to take a deep breath before standing straight again. Blah.

The only exercise I'm doing is chasing my daughters about!

It hurts to walk at the moment because my pelvis is all wobbley. I hope that stops soon.

I only gained 10lbs with DD2, due to hardcore GD diet. I felt AWFUL, I had so little energy at the end. My milk didn't come in very well post birth either. I had to gain weight for bfing to work. My body wanted to have more extra meat on me than that.

In all fairness though my midwife who deals with GD ladies on strict diets said static weight gain until 3rd tri is fine. Even on my diet in 3rd tri I started gaining.

Tove- I am sorry to hear you've been feeling anxious and depressed. I hope you are doing okay now.
I am having major body image issues this time around. I had none first time. But I am having all sorts of problems with that too. I keep feeling like I don't need to gain a lot of weight during pregnancy. And I have gained no weight since my 16 week appointment, but that's because I've been counting my calories (never exceeding 2,000) and exercising regularly now. The one time I didn't gain weight, my doctor made me feel bad about it. But I was already about 15 lbs overweight when I got pregnant and trying to lose more, but I got pregnant by surprise. I really do not want to get an earful on Tuesday at my appointment (but I am seeing a new doctor).
Since I was exercising regularly before pregnancy, I am getting frustrated that things that were so simple for me before pregnancy are such a challenge now. I feel handicapped. I know it's normal and okay and exercise helps me to continue feeling great, but it's hard to shake those feelings.
Anyway, all that to say, I know the feeling of feeling in shape and then having to let go some. But by your pictures you really do look great! Are you still exercising?

Rebecca I'm dealing with the same thing. I'm only up 2lbs so far but I'm devastated over it. I think it comes with having worked so hard to lose weight before pregnancy.

If you have ketones in your urine it will show your body isn't happy and your doctor will want to see weight gain.

So far, they have not taken a urine sample since my first appointment at 7 weeks. And all of my labs came back perfect from that one.
I don't know how it will go. Will see how a different doctor reacts to it. I don't need to gain a ton of weight or I will be very much overweight by the time this baby comes.

So, I had said my bump looked different today (smaller and higher). But I took a picture just to see. And I wore the exact same top as I did at 20 weeks to see the difference. And wow! Baby has moved up and in I guess! I'm not worried about her growth because her kicks are getting stronger every day (and easier to feel from the outside).

I couldn't believe the difference! (Ignore my stupid facial expression and the mirror..I just took a quick picture).

Attachments

• 20141119_155037.jpg
    20141119_155037.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20141123_174038.jpg
    20141123_174038.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 12
Hi cupcakepie! Congrats on the boy!

Tove sorry you haven't been having a good time! I hope it gets better for you.

Rebecca your bump has definitely changed!

Sorry for the ladies having body issues! I love my bump and am so proud of it! But I'm stressing about afterwards. I've never had the greatest body image and after having dd it plummeted! So I'm also stressing about weight gain. I'm determined not to gain more weight this time than last time, even though I weighed more when I fell pregnant this time. I had lost last appointment and they did find ketones in my urine. But I hadn't had lunch. Next appointment is gestational diabetes test so I wouldn't have eaten then either.
My current issue is clothes! I feel like I'm so frumpy. Especially for work. All my pants are either jeans or cargo pants. And my nice coats only just button up so won't be able to use them for much longer.
I guess it all comes down to how do I show my husband he's still attracted to me when I'm dressing like a granny and expanding at a rapid rate...

Beanonorder, that is tough! I was feeling terrible and went and got my hair done and a couple new fancier sweaters this weekend. It helped perk me up a little tiny bit!

Hi girls. Took me a while to catch up!

I just wanted to say hi and hopefully be able to reply to everyone tomorrow. I have to get up so early tomorrow because I have to be there 30 min early because I'm the charge nurse tomorrow(first time) and I can't sleep due to nerves and knowing I have to get up. Being in charge isn't hard but our unit is big and we are so short staffed. I'm prepared for a long day on my feet tomorrow!

Rebecca, your bump is way different! I am still not really showing thanks to my size but noticed my bump is further up and harder to feel he last few days and I'm guessing baby moved up and in for me as well you just can't see it!

Hey cupcakepie, welcome! Congrats on the boy :flower:

Sorry you're feeling down Tove. Hopefully pregnancy will be nice to your body and leave it unscathed so to speak!

As for body image, I have no idea what to expect after birth. I'm trying to go off what my family is like but I still don't really know. My oldest sister gained a ton of weight with her first and got A LOT of stretch marks mostly by her belly button, but after that she didn't get any (she has 4 kids). My other sister has 1 kid and has never really gotten her stomach back to flat... and my mom is like that too. I'm scared that I'll have a perpetual 4 month bump.
So far I haven't gained any weight even though my bump seems to get bigger by the day now :) But I do love my bump like it is and like beanonorder said, I'm pretty proud of it :blush:

beanonorder can you get a belly button band so your pants look better on you? If I try to button my regular jeans they cut right into the bump and gives me huge love handles but the band helps with that.

Rebecca that's crazy to see the difference! Your bump is so cute.

Bean - re. Ketones. Had you lost weight in the week or so pre your last appointment? Ketones come from your body breaking down fat reserves - not reallly from skipping one meal. I have all of my GD appointments early in the morning and I won't have eaten since 6pm the night before. I've never had ketones from that.

With all the stress you have been under it is probably you have lost a little bit of stored weight.

Ketones won't hurt the baby - you have to be in a very prolonged state of ketosis for there to be issue. It isn't good for you though! 1+ ketones isn't that worrying either, so don't be too concerned.

I had 4+ ketones on admission to hospital with DD1 and I felt horrendous. I don't think people could function like that easily and not know there was something quite serious going on.

Oh and I'd lost half a stone in 3 weeks when I had 4+ ketones, and was 39 weeks pregnant.

Thanks for the congrats ladies :)

Has anyone got there names picked out yet? We are so stuck in boys name!!

My weight gain hasn't been too much so far.. I'm 5lb up from my pre pregnancy weight but still plenty of time to gain lol! With my LO I gained 3 stone! Although i was lucky as afterwards it just seem to fall off, I think it was mainly baby/water weight!

Sorry to the ladies struggling with there body image! I think pregnancy is a massive change to your body but i think all women look beautiful pregnant I just love baby bumps! I agree with the lady who said about getting bump band or some nice maternity jeans! I invested in some at the weekend and there so comfy and look good around the bump! Also I went to get my boobs measured as I swear there growing in size by the week haha :haha: I've gone up 3 sizes already from a 34C to 34E not used to them!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->