**April Bunnies 2015**

Welcome, Jess! Good luck on Wednesday. I hope it goes great!

Hi Jess glad to have you!!

Rebecca I haven't bought anything yet and his room is still in process. Got the floor down but so much left to do. I haven't wanted to do any shopping yet because I wanted to wait for this scan and still worry about the what ifs but I think I may start getting ready soon. DH and I talked about browsing babys r us soon and starting a registry and Tara buying her stroller got me looking at those. Man they are pricey!!

I feel like after the holidays I may get into it more but I'm like you, he needs a place to sleep, clothes and food and diapers.

Awesome pic tara! Am I correct in thinking get it was you who was doing the writing thing during November? How did it go? I have a friend who does it every year. She's a fantastic writer!

Rebecca I completely agree about things happening so much sooner! I had to get up to pee 4 times last night! I have actually spent the last couple of days really stressing about this baby coming early! I just need him to cook until the 28th March. Anytime after that is fine.

Oh and tara I also heard chicco is a great brand. I almost got one of their travel systems.
I need to sit down and make a list of what I have and what I still need. I'm also still impatiently waiting for an answer about whether I'll be paid for maternity leave. Now that I have a full time nanny there is no ways I can afford not to be earning and I don't want to lose her. I will be so unhappy if I have to go back to work after a month.

I'm pretty much prepped for baby. I think having 6 years between them gave me plenty of time to think about all the stuff I wanted. Plus, I'm trying to get it all before mat leave.

Apparently I missed a whole page of posts!
Welcome Jess, hope you get your boy!
Dini very cute picture of your little guy! I'm hoping I'll get a scan tomorrow and get a nice pic.

I want to do shopping for baby but am trying to control myself til January... I also must go through the clothes I have to see what is boy friendly! And then sell all the girls stuff!

When is the best time for a 3d scan. My OB office does 3d/4d scans for $100. Includes the video and tons of pictures. They said to book it between 24-29 weeks. My thought is to do it sooner - at 24 weeks bc that means I won't have to wait too much longer. =] but would 28/29 weeks make it to where I could see more or will baby seem squished?

I was told 26-28 weeks was optimum. We've tried the 3d twice and he hides among the placenta so we are trying again next week I think. That's cool your doctors office does them.

Tara: congrats on your first major purchase! may you have many more to come ;) you look amazing by the way, your bump is gorgeous!

northern: really hope your gp can suggest something for you.

dini: congrats on your anomaly scan, the pic of your LO is so cute!

maggz: I wish I could say something useful to put your mind at ease about the birth. the pushing part, my mom says, happens naturally. like your body already knows how to do it. it wasn't the case for me but I understand what happened now.

I understand being overwhelmed about buying stuff. I was also. I started researching later than most people do and as a result set things up really late. it wasn't an issue though as I was induced at 40+6. I'm actually planning to start researching/shopping at 30+ weeks. or well, I'm researching a little now because I'm less overwhelmed than last time.

Rebecca: I'm actually excited to prepare for baby this time but I won't do anything till later. there are a few things id love to buy already but we'll see lol. with dd it was overwhelmed and didn't get anything till really late.

beautymyth: welcome!

sharnw: I'm the same as you! I want to get started at 30+ weeks.

bean: I definitely want to get reorganized also before getting to shopping and giving myself ample time to do so.

my best friend is getting married on the weekend of my due date!! I told her there's probably a really good chance I won't make it even if baby is overdue. I'll throw her a bridal shower to be remembered!

Thanks everybody for your compliments! You have me feeling great today!

Bean yep that was me writing in November! I made the 50k words and I'm trying to keep writing so I can finish the draft. My degree is in creative writing so it feels good to be writing again. :) I will keep my fingers crossed for your mat leave to be paid!

Northern I feel the opposite, having 6 years in between I feel like I have no idea what I need anymore! Car seat, stroller, crib mattress. Beyond that, I'm glad I have friends with babies who I can ask! :p

I'm having Braxton hicks contractions tonight, it's super weird! I never had them with DD until after my version at 37 weeks. It's just such an odd feeling!

I haven't bought a thing. I've got so much going on between now and April I really ought to get started but I just don't have the urge to buy things yet.

Re 4D scans - I'd say 27 weeks +. At 24 weeks they are still skinny. I had mine at 29 weeks and I got fab pictures, the baby can open eyes, poke tongue out and looks like a nice chubby baby :flower:

I guess I'll schedule it for the end of January/ beg of Feb then =]

My parents are coming at the end of February. That is when we are going to start doing stiff nursery/ buying things wise. My dad is going to help my dh paint and my mom and I will go shopping. Haha.

Thanks ladies! I appreciate the warm welcomes. I feel out of place though as you all know each other already lol. And I would hate to really jump in on conversations.

Thanks ladies! I appreciate the warm welcomes. I feel out of place though as you all know each other already lol. And I would hate to really jump in on conversations.

Oh please feel free to jump right in!! We have gotten to know each other but would also love to get to know you!

Afm, I think I'm getting sick. I started feeling bad last night, just felt weak and had body aches and today it's even worse and I have a low grade temp and I'm exhausted. I really don't want to have to miss work, I am scheduled the next two days but I don't want to use my pay as I'm trying to save it for maternity leave. I thInk I'll take a nap and hope I feel better tomorrow.

Dini, I hope you feel better! Being sick during pregnancy is the worst.

Jess, I second what Dini said--Jump right in! Looks like you have a daughter close in age to Northern's and mine. Is she excited about the baby?

Jess- Do not be afraid to just jump right in! We just talk to each other regardless of who joined this thread when.

Perplexed and Beanonorder- It's good to know I'm not the only one feeling ahead. I guess it's just a 2nd pregnancy thing. I'm already kind of adjusting to it, I think. It's just such a surprise to have things happen sooner...maybe this is all a sign of a faster, easier labor! ;) One can only hope!

Dini- I hope you start feeling better soon and that your nap helps! I understand wanting to save your pay. Maybe it will pass with some extra rest and fluids.

Tara- I agree that braxton hicks contractions are weird. I really don't like them at all. So far, I haven't noticed any. What annoyed me about them last time was that they were actually painful, but weren't real contractions.

There's not much going on here today. I'm not tired anymore. I think I've caught up on my sleep. I'm still having to go to the bathroom a lot. And Holly's kicks are definitely visible from the outside. I can't wait to see family for the holidays so they can see and feel her kicks as well!

I'm on my way to my doctors appointment. I'm nervous about getting the blood test results. I'm feeling so fragile at the moment that I think I might fall apart in the doctors office if they are positive.
Also not looking forward to the diabetes test. I'm already starving!

I fell asleep putting dd to bed last night and I was woken up by someone banging on my door. I looked at the time and it was 10pm! How rude! I didn't answer it.

Jess, welcome! I'm in NL! Not toooo far away!

Beanonorder, I would be scared if someone knocked on my door that late at night!

Had my assessment with the public health nurse that will be dealing with the baby after she's born. They're sending my file off to OBS in two weeks!! Eeeee!

Beanonorder I hope your appt goes well! I'm sure all is fine but I absolutely understand why you feel fragile though.

I personally hate when people knock on my door. Someone knocked on mine today while I was watching tv. I barely heard it because I feel sick. I guess I just like to have a heads up before someone stops over. I didn't answer it because by the time I realized what it was they were gone.

I don't really feel much better after my nap, I'm trying to drink lots of water and hope to feel better tomorrow so I don't have to miss work but if I still feel bad I will stay home because my job is stressful and mine and babies well being are more important than how much leave I end up with. Also if I have a fever I won't go because I'll get sent home anyway, I work in intensive care, I can't risk spreading my germs to the patients or other staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->