**April Bunnies 2015**

Oh Dini, I don't know how you deal with that. There was a kid at my work today that started throwing up. I ran in the other direction, literally. As fast as my legs could carry me, I was getting away from those germs.

Well it's official. Someone in the universe truly hates me. I got the results and they're positive. In fact the IgG A count is even higher this time than it was with dd.
Every time I think about it I start crying. I know in the end he will be fine but I just have no idea where I'm going to give birth. I just don't have the money to pay for the NICU...
They sent me for a scan and he looked all good to me but they seemed to spend ages on it and now they've told me something but I didn't fully follow. I'm not sure if something is wrong or they can't get a shot they need.

Oh beanonorder I'm so sorry. You are right, he will be fine. How long do you think he will have to be in the NICU? Do you have to pay up front in China?

I have no words of wisdom for you but we are here for you. Huggs!

Sorry Bean :hugs:

So does it mean baby will definitely have high jaundice levels when he arrives?

I have never heard of the test before with living in the UK. Both me and my husband are O+ blood type and both my girls went pretty yellow but it cleared with in a normal amount of time 1-2 weeks.

I guess it was mild as no intervention was suggested. I just got told it was likely a genetic predisposition to it.

Hi ladies

I've been quiet here past few days or so.

Hi Jess! Welcome to group :) good luck with scan today!

Sorry to hear your results were positive bean :( I really hope things work out. Will oh be able to help with costs if a nicu stay is needed? :hugs:

I am doing well and feeling wee kicks on outside now as well as seeing it! Got next appointment on Friday and I need to remember to get my mat b1 form to organise maternity leave as always forget to ask!

Hope those of you unwell or struggling with pregnancy pains get well xxxx

Hi welcome to the thread! Just put any thoughts down here and rants and we will answer them 😉

Bean am sorry you have had bad news - how does it work over there? I feel so lucky having the NHS money doesn't even come into it here. Could OH help financially if there is going to be something that needs paying for? Also it sounds like you need a proper diagnosis in English from the doctors so you can properly understand what is happening. Huge hugs to you xxx

Scottish - I forgot about my Mat B 1 last time luckily working for the NHS has its perks so got one through the internal mail nice and quick 😉. Have been on the ball this time and gave it to work bang on 20 weeks.

We are a house full of bugs atm both OH and I have got a cold and DS is just about getting over his cough. Took him to the docs and it wasn't a chest infection but a croupy cough. Am relieved as there is a strong family history of asthma and eczema.

On a better note I got the icandy Pear to Apple I wanted on eBay last night for £166! Need to go and pick it up which OH will do tomorrow hopefully. Just need to get a carrycot and a car seat now. Haven't bought anything for the baby yet - typical that it was the biggest buy first! Next buy is the hungry caterpillar outfit for going home in 😊. Will not listen to my mother this time though as she told me just to buy 0-3 months as they grow out of newborn sizes so quickly! Needless to say poor DS was swamped by all his clothes when he was born and we had to buy an outfit from the hospital to take him home in!!☺️

Sorry I can't remember who asked what questions but I'll try answer! I'm not sure if I have to pay upfront. Its usually that way but maybe at the expat place I can negotiate a payment plan. Dh will help as much as possible but he earns a lot less than I do so it won't be a lot. There is no guarantee the ABO will affect the baby and of it does there is no telling how severe the jaundice and/or anemia will be. Dd was basically at the extreme end and that only occurs in about 1% of babies. She was in the NICU for three days. I'm gearing myself up for the worst case scenario so I'm prepared. Western countries don't test for this condition before birth.
Otherwise baby is healthy and weighs about 613g and is still measuring a week ahead.

Dini I hope you feel better soon! Being sick now just sucks.

Stripey glad you got the pram you wanted on a good deal!

I find out what I am having today! I hope baby cooperates today! He/she has been so active since hitting 20 weeks on Sunday I am finally able to feel kicks really well now. It's 6am and my appointment isn't until 2pm haha. I so need to go back to bed. The excitement and what not isn't helping getting back to bed that is for sure.

Hope you ladies have a great day today :)

Good luck on your scan

Bean- I am sorry the news you got wasn't great.

Dini- feel better!!

I wish I could go back to sleep. I'm feeling somewhat better but not 100%. I have my internship and then I have to go up to campus and study for all my finals that are tomorrow. My left side is killing me and not bc of baby! My do went to jump up on the couch and misjudged. Apparently my shirt wasn't laying right bc I have a scratch from around my stomach to my back from where she landed and fell back. All welted. Ouch!

So we have a student at my work doing an internship. They all know I'm keeping it a secret what I'm having. I was at the craft fair and bought bibs from some random girl on Saturday. She saw me apparently and went over and asked the girl what bibs I just bought. Then came up to me yesterday afternoon and goes "I know what you're having"

You all should have been there to witness it because I'm pretty sure I'm the first human being to actually breathe fire. It would have been one thing if I bought it and she saw me. She saw me at the table across a crowded arena and went behind me and asked.

Omg northern how rude of her!!!!! I would of been soooo angry!!!!

Beanonorder- I am sorry to hear that the results came out positive. It's interesting to hear that they do not test for this condition in the U.S. My blood type is A+ and my husband's is O+. I am not sure if it matters, but anyway, my son was severely jaundiced shortly after birth. He had to have an IV and be under the bilirubin light for 3 days! He wasn't in the NICU, but it was pretty intense. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope things end up turning out just fine with your little boy.

Stripeycat- I agree 100% about newborn sizes. My son was in newborn for around 2-3 months. I was told not to bother. I was also told the same about newborn size diapers. I wonder if it is just for a baby born at well over 8 lbs or something. Because my son was 7 lbs 6 oz, 20 inches, and was swimming in anything over newborn size. Even newborn was a little big on him at first! This time, I have plenty of newborn stuff. ;)

beautymyth- I hope your scan goes great today! I can't wait to hear what you're having.

Christina- That scratch sounds painful. I hope it heals up quickly.

Northern- How infuriating! That is so rude. It was none of her business. Who do people think they are?

We just found out last night that there are going to be 25 people at my in-laws' house for Christmas. My husband and I are both stressed out by it. This is insane. They usually have a good number of people, but 25 is way over the amount that they normally do. And they don't even have the space for it. We celebrate Christmas with them on Christmas Eve. It's one big dinner and then we do presents. I didn't say much as far as my opinion goes to my husband last night because he was clearly irked by it and would rather ignore it until this week is over with. But I want to leave their house Christmas Eve after opening presents and head to my parents' house that night to have Christmas morning with them. He tried to discuss having our own small Christmas on the 23rd with just his family and then they can have their big thing the next day. His parents' house is a huge problem for us. I hate staying there. It is dirty and smells bad. They are smokers. They do smoke outside most of the time we are there, but his dad smokes inside at night thinking that it doesn't get to us because we are in bed, but I can smell it. We might have to sleep with our window open. I'm pretty stressed overall by the thought of it. But I can't talk to my husband about it because it stresses him out twice as much. He hates the smoke, the filth, and the smell as well but they would be offended if we didn't stay with them. So, that would cause a rift right at Christmas. We don't want that. I just hate staying there, and I keep looking for ways to reduce our time there. But I also know that they would notice if we spent more time at my parents' house. It's frustrating to me that my husband hates staying there too, but he sucks it up and then gets annoyed at me for not enjoying it there! I keep praying for a solution because I know it's going to be tense due to all of this and then the giant crowd coming over at Christmas Eve...and I think he gets extra annoyed if I let him know it bothers me because he himself is annoyed and doesn't know what to do. In a way, I get how he feels because I couldn't just tell my parents that we're just not staying with them. That would be hard. However, their house isn't a health hazard either. Okay, I think I just needed to rant and get that all out! Sorry if this is super long.

Here are some bump pictures from today. I took one from the front because I always feel like I just look fat and not pregnant from the front. But after this picture, I think I am looking pregnant from the front. I am about to go workout so I just took a picture because my workout clothes show my bump better than regular ones do.

Attachments

• 2014-12-10 10.13.30.jpg
    2014-12-10 10.13.30.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 2014-12-10 10.16.01.jpg
    2014-12-10 10.16.01.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 9
Northern wow I can't believe what that student done! How cheeky of her and none of her business! I would have been furious!

Rebecca och that sounds a tricky situation but hopefully it will all work out in the end!
Gorgeous bump there :D

Bean :hugs:

Dini hope you feel better :flower:

Rebecca and stripey re newborn clothes, it all depends! I'm pretty confident I won't be needing a lot of them since babies in my family tend to be pretty big (yay for my vagina....) but you really never know! I'm gonna have a little of each at the hospital just in case, but I think majority of the stuff we will get will be 3-6 months.

northern that sounds like a conniving little intern you have! Did you say anything to her?

Rebecca re Christmas/in laws I feel ya... after staying with my in laws when we were house hunting I had to throw away our pillows, couldn't get the smell out :/ Thankfully the house is not dirty it's just that they smoke in the master bedroom, all around the outside, and then in the garage, so the smell is just stuck in the house. I can't really talk about it to DH either, and I get it, it's their families and they know how they are, but it doesn't mean they wanna keep hammering on how much it sucks.
Any way that you can just spend the day there (24th) and then go sleep at your parents' house so you can wake up ready for Christmas morning with them? That sounds fair to me :)

I never bought any newborn clothes either for my son and he was swamped in 0-3 so this time I have purchased a couple of newborn onsies and will get more!

Here's my 22+2 week bump! It was cleaning house day so please forgive my manky top its my house top :haha:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 8
image.jpg
Bumpage is growing! Don't know why is wont show it properly apologies for the sideways view!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->