**April Bunnies 2015**

I actually enjoy high fiber cereals but didn't know if they were okay. Makes breakfast easier for me. been having turkey slices, eggs and cheese. I think if I were having toast or cereal it would be better. Been feeling so weak, I dunno if it's actual physical weakness or withdrawal symptoms.

thanks for the info :hugs: I'll try to keep at it till I do the gtt. it can't hurt anyway right?

It is a very healthy diet so it won't do harm.

Try snacking on nuts, cheese etc if you don't feel well. I say withdrawal of sugars from your system takes about 2 weeks.

Cereals, even the healthiest, send my blood sugars skyrocketing!
Amelie it sounds like you're doing really well with your diet. My first gd pregnancy changed my diet for the better forever. However, having to use insulin during my next pregnancies has made life so much easier. I eat a normal diet, don't worry about the carbs and just titrate my insulin to each meal.

This is what they have me on carb wise:

Breakfast - 45-60g
AM snack - 15g
lunch- 60g
PM snack- 15g
dinner- 60g
Bedtime- 30g

HIS KIDNEYS ARE HEALTHY!!!!!!!!! Baby Reed looks amazing, measuring almost a week ahead, making him the 67th percentile. He weighs 2lbs 11oz already. Everything was perfect. We got to see him face on yawning and stretching twice- it was possibly one of the sweetest things I have seen. I want to meet him so badly- Hurry up April! Hard to get a good picture as he is quite squished in there now.

Awww great!!!! We couldn't get a pic at all because she has her hands tangled over her face.

I'm so glad it turned out well for you.

Awww sweet pic counting! Great news about babys health! :)

Ugh I just got my first bad reading after eating a rice cake, even though it was under my carb amount. Just ate what I had scheduled out for supper and now I'm scared to test! I've been starving all day.

Drs appt in the morning and it's the appt that decides whether I get taken off work or not! I would love nothing more than to walk into tomorrow and tell my boss I'm done!!

I can eat a bit of bran flakes but I do mean a tiny portion.

I do quite well with oats so have a kids cereal they have here in the UK called 'reddybrek'. I eat teeny portions of cereal though.

My GD is much worse this time - I am dubious about if I'll get to the end med free but I'm trying. I think as I've done it twice before I really want to try and do it again.

I will admit some days I eat hardly any carbs, but I'm not losing weight and don't have ketones so I'll battle on for now.

ssjad- Good to see you! I'm glad Christmas ended up working out for you.

Northern- Good luck at your appointment tomorrow; I hope it goes well for you.

Counting- Great profile picture of your little boy! What a relief it is to come away with a good scan. :)

AFM- I am just very tired today. I've been busy cleaning, though. It's not so much nesting as just having stuff that needs to get done. I will probably crash into my bed tonight! I think another reason I'm so tired is that my crazy pregnancy dreams have gone to a whole new level. It's like I'm restless from them. Does that make sense? I'm ready to get a break from pregnancy dreams. I have been dreaming about the craziest stuff like going on vacation with my mom and having two of her with me, but not being able to find either one of her and frantically searching the whole dream. I think it's exhausting my brain even more.

Amelie- I found it interesting that you said that GD doesn't seem to impact many women until week 27 or so. I think that might be why my doctor's office waits until week 28 to test for it.

I had the weirdest dream last night. Though I just remember it was weird and no details!

I also feel like I am nearing 90 instead of being 28 almost 29. I was on my feet a lot today and my goodness my hips hurt and my back was on fire. Hips still hurt. Since I've relaxed my back isn't so bad. I'm afraid of what I am going to feel like as this pregnancy continues lol

I also realized getting in my car today that I barely felt baby move. I was so tired I kind of went eh baby probably slept all day because I was up and moving. Sat down at home. Had some water and bam! Massive kicks.ha.

ssjad- Good to see you! I'm glad Christmas ended up working out for you.

Northern- Good luck at your appointment tomorrow; I hope it goes well for you.

Counting- Great profile picture of your little boy! What a relief it is to come away with a good scan. :)

AFM- I am just very tired today. I've been busy cleaning, though. It's not so much nesting as just having stuff that needs to get done. I will probably crash into my bed tonight! I think another reason I'm so tired is that my crazy pregnancy dreams have gone to a whole new level. It's like I'm restless from them. Does that make sense? I'm ready to get a break from pregnancy dreams. I have been dreaming about the craziest stuff like going on vacation with my mom and having two of her with me, but not being able to find either one of her and frantically searching the whole dream. I think it's exhausting my brain even more.

Amelie- I found it interesting that you said that GD doesn't seem to impact many women until week 27 or so. I think that might be why my doctor's office waits until week 28 to test for it.

I think it differs with doctors. Last time I got it at 28 weeks. This time at 24 with a different doctor.

Amelie: you are doing so well managing your gd. Hopefully you can get to the end without medication.

Counting: so happy to hear your good news!! That's a great pic of baby :hugs:

Rebecca: that's a crazy dream but I think I've had several like that. They really hurt the head don't they!

Christina: I'm with you on nearing 90 rather than late 20s. Especially when I need to pee which seems to be every 30 mins.

Northern: how do you count the grams? This always confuses me...

See how many carbs are in each serving of whatever you're looking at and subtract the fibre. What you're left with is what you count.

Hey ladies! I've been having some crazy dreams and nightmares every night, it's crazy!

How are you ladies doing with weight gain? I've been trying not to gain too much this time but I'm already up 16lb! :o

Xxx

Hey ladies :D

Glad you all had a great holiday season!

Sorry to hear some of you suffering from aches and pains :( we getting Into 3rd tri now so things get tough. I have had a great 2nd trimester and feeing much better than last pregnancy! Hopefully this continues!

As for weight gain. I have not weighed myself for a loooong time since 1st trimester! However last night I dreamt I stood on the scales and they sank with my weight :haha: and I put on a few stone on weight! I am to scared now to step on scales lol
Plus I have been eating so much rubbish as got lots of chocos and biscuits and sweets etc... For Xmas and been munching them like no tomorrow!

Well done on changing your diet northern sounds like your doing great and you to Amelie !

I have no idea how much I have gained. With this pregnancy and my last, once weight gain started I stopped looking at the scale when they weighed me. If the doctor has an issue, they will talk to me about it. But I have no interest in stressing myself. I also know my weight came off easily last time with breastfeeding and I was HUGE when I had my oldest.

I don't think I gained much more. I jumped on the scale at the nurses office at the HS that I was at yesterday and it I believe I was at 201lbs. But it was one of those manual - move the pieces until you get it right- scales so who knows. If I did it right and it is correct that means I am still down. I started at 215lbs. Lost 22lbs and then gained 8lbs back so far. It's not like I'm not eating. I eat like crazy! Though I could probably do without all the junk food that I crave and eat tons of...

I will find out at my next appt. on the 23rd.

Harri- I have gained about 15 lbs so far. I didn't want to gain more than 20 total, but I do think some of my weight gain is muscle mass from doing my strength training. I haven't actually gained much in size other than my belly and I just fit into a pair of maternity pants the other day that I couldn't fit into at the beginning of November! :) So that's exciting. However, when I look at pictures of myself, I feel like I look very fat and like my butt looks enormous. I don't like it, but it's probably just those image issues nagging at me.

Scottish- I am glad you are feeling much better this time around. I am as well. It's nice. Whenever I start to sort of whine to myself about anything, I remind myself that at least I'm feeling a lot better than last time. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->