**April Bunnies 2015**

I'm not used to seeing things in c. I shivered seeing -26c then converted it. It came up -14f. I suddenly went I could handle that, we've had worse this winter. But seriously as my husband says... Anything where we owe degrees is just too cold!!

It's been colder than that here too, parts of the province have been shut down due to extreme cold warnings. That's why I said *only* -26! I luckily didn't have to walk anywhere in that, though. Last winter was a lot colder but we didn't go anywhere, haha! It was like -35 to -40 with the windchill all last January and then we kept losing power for extended periods of time. Brutal, brutal, brutal.

Perplexed- That sounds very frustrating, but I kind of know how you feel. I feel exactly the same way you do about the flu vaccine. I have watched so many people get it and they always end up very sick during flu season. Meanwhile, I've never gotten the flu. My son has gotten it once, and he recovered quickly. I have not seen his pediatrician since his check-up this summer, so I don't know what she would say. But it's my midwives who keep trying to push me to get the vaccine. My first one just kept talking about it every time. And I tried to dodge it because I didn't feel like explaining to her that I did not intend to get it. But up until my last visit, I've been told how important it is to get the vaccine and I was given a referral to go get it. I'm still not going to do it. Everyone has a right to accept or reject these things, and I feel it should just be left that way. I know plenty of people who get the shot and swear by it. But I don't want to be judged or critiqued for not getting it--it's my choice and my right.

Counting- Good luck on going back to work! I hope it ends up going smoothly for you.

Kirsty- Wow! That sounds awful. I am so glad that your baby is doing great! What wonderful news. :) I wish you a speedy recovery!

Sorry to those of you dealing with extreme cold temperatures. The temperature just fluctuates here all of the time. When we were up visiting my family, it was pretty cold there. I found myself not wanting to leave the house very often. I told my neighbor about it down here and she (only being in the south) said that it's been cold here too. And I tried to explain to her that it is not cold here like it is up north and she said, "It's been 32 here." And I said, "Yeah, it's in the teens and below there!" I'll take 32. It's actually tolerable. But the problem with the weather down here is that it is not consistent. One day it is 60 degrees and the next it is 30 all day. We just always have all of our clothes out and ready. haha One day bundled up and the next in just long sleeves...my husband has even worn shorts on some of the warmer days!

I can't exactly tell how Holly is positioned based on her movements. I am trying to feel for certain things, but I'm thinking she is getting so tucked up in there that it is hard to distinguish. But I am constantly feeling side to side movements from the left to the right when she moves. Occasionally I feel a tiny poke up top and one down low. So, I'm thinking maybe she is transverse now? I can't imagine her still being breech and being able to move my belly side to side. My belly has also flattened out some and looks wider.
She seems to be very aware of the outside world as well! When I sing to her, she starts moving. When she hears my husband's voice she shifts in his direction. My son also gets close to my belly and sings to her and she will shift her position. The sweetest thing has happened lately where I put my hand on my belly and I feel her sort of "snuggling" into it. It's almost as if I'm holding her from the outside! I'd love it if it stayed like this for awhile. :)

I feel like I popped a little overnight! For some reason today I feel huge. I'm also sore. Like not completely painful sore but more of a everything feels like it's stretching a lot sore. I feel it all around my bump.

Im also trying to figure out what position the baby is in. I usually feel a lot of movement now right to left. But then I still get strong movement really low and now I'm getting it up really high-- like wayyy above my belly button.

I can see the movement but bc of extra padding and the ap I only see my stomach moving up and down. My bump isn't completly hard yet either and still flattens out a bit when I lay down. Maybe I'll notice a foot or elbow when I get bigger than I am now. As weird as it may be I think it would be kind of cool to see. Lol.

Kirsty get well soon :hugs:

Wow northern that is what you call freezing!!!! Wow ! How hot in summer does it get there?

Regarding the flu vaccine, it is impossible for it to give you the flu and the reason you will hear story's of people getting the flu after having it is because the flu vaccine gets made with only certain strains of the flu In it and they predict what strains will be present that year so its possible they have the flu as they caught a strain of flu not in vaccine. That's why they not 100% but better to be protected than not!

Sorry I've been MIA ladies but I do read all the posts just haven't been very verbal! Everything is going great. Baby boy is an active little guy! Symptoms include disprupted sleep, swelling at the end of the day, pretty bad carpel tunnel which she never had before, and peeing every 5 minutes lol.

I'm gonna need to see more bump pics! My wife is almost 29 weeks and looks amazing. Also to touch on the flu vaccine, they are made every year using only the 4 most common strains from the previous year, so out of tons is strains it only contains 4 so if you're getting the flu after getting a vaccine you have awful luck and picked up a less common strain :) hope everyone is doing okay! Our little ones will start popping in just a couple months and I'm way too excited to start seeing those little angels. We still have a ton of preparing to do, have only bought a few things and it's a little overwhelming but there's still time lol.

Scottish, we get about four weeks of 30-ishC from mid July-mid August, before that it's usually about 18c-22C and after that hovers around 22-26 until September.

Wow so quite warm in summer :) one extreme to another lol rarely does it get to 30c here In Scotland, usually it's roughly 16-25c in summer months and winter can go freezing. Coldest I remember is -20 which was 4 years ago just now it's -1 to 2c here. Wish we got decent heat in summer.

Have any of you used evening primrose oil or intend to use it? I'm researching the foley induction more for a VBAC and I need to make sure that my cervix is favourable by 38 weeks. I wasn't going to go ahead with that but the more I research the more I would rather that than the repeat c-section.

Evening primrose isn't a thing that is recommended here, or even talked about. I live in a OB world, with midwives unable to practice here, so things like this are normally shot down. When would you advise taking it and by which method?

Northern I took the epo capsules orally last time and drank raspberry leaf tea. I think the epo is more effective vaginally though but I didn't want to do that lol.
Here's a very useful link on them and when to start using them

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...eaf-tea-rlt-evening-primrose-oil-epo-faq.html

Yes I used EPO before both my inductions - orally and vaginally.

Sadly it didn't make any difference for me at all - my cervix was really unfavourable with DD1 (not surprising, 1st baby at 38ish weeks) and DD2 I was still posterior, firm and only 1cm dilated at 39+5.

I'll no doubt try it again though.

Will they give you stretch and sweeps before any type of induction? I had 2 before DD2 and I will request the same again if I have a scheduled induction date pre 40 weeks.

Hi Eidson! It's good to see you! It is very hard to believe that these babies will be showing up in just a few short months.
Most of the time I feel like I am in complete denial! lol
How does your wife feel? I'm sure that carpel tunnel is frustrating in addition to the other 3rd trimester symptoms.
I am so tired of peeing at this point! lol

Although I am on the brink of 3rd tri I really don't think I feel 'proper' 3rd tri or 'heavily' pregnant until 35+ weeks.

I guess when I'm not working it'll feel more real.

Yes I used EPO before both my inductions - orally and vaginally.

Sadly it didn't make any difference for me at all - my cervix was really unfavourable with DD1 (not surprising, 1st baby at 38ish weeks) and DD2 I was still posterior, firm and only 1cm dilated at 39+5.

I'll no doubt try it again though.

Will they give you stretch and sweeps before any type of induction? I had 2 before DD2 and I will request the same again if I have a scheduled induction date pre 40 weeks.

I think I'm going to approach her on Tuesday with this plan: evening primrose oil to try to soften, with tons of walking beforehand to get things as good as I can. I think she would agree to a sweep if it's favourable, and then the foley balloon, waters breaking and then I've read that you can have low-dose pitocin for a VBAC but not sure if she will agree to that.

With DD2 just my waters being broken at 1cm sent me into labour, so fingers crossed - it does sometimes work!

In the UK they are quite strict on sweeps but as I was due to be induced at 39+5 the hospital were happy to sign it off and let my community try it.

My first sweep was quite rough and I bled a little after and lost a lot of plug. The 2nd one was a different midwife and it definitely wasn't uncomfortable enough to do any good!

I never had a sweep last time so don't know how effective they actually are.

They're pretty liberal with the sweeps around here though. Everyone seems to get them no problem and from 37+ weeks.

Had a sweep in hospital on day 4(?) of my cervadil induction. It was super painful, and caused me to have strong back to back contractions all night. Unfortunately they were totally unproductive, and the night nurse told me that they usually just cause an irritable uterus. Not sure how true that is.

Just to note, I'd have the sweep again though, if I thought it would help me avoid oxytocin and a full induction.

Would you try the foley? I don't think its a last resort, just not as commonly used as they seem to jump on to more intense methods faster.

Hi ladies. Just stopping in to say hello. I did catch up but am way too tired to respond much. I haven't been sleeping thanks to pelvic pain and carpal tunnel and work is wearing me down. I'm praying for more than 3 hours tonight.

In regards to the flu vaccine, those that commented about the strains are right. This year it has been terrible because the h2n3 strain isn't included in most vaccines and it's hitting so hard. I don't have a choice about getting it though. If I don't get it, I get fired! Only way out of it is for religious views. I don't mind it and I've not gotten the flu that I know if for sure but in regards to sneaking it in on your child, that's just wrong!

Good to see you eidson!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->