**April Bunnies 2015**

Hey guys, just saying hi! Hope everyone's had a good weekend. Good to see you again eidson! :)
re: flu vaccine I'm not getting one but I will get the whooping cough on in the last few weeks before baby is born. I would be furious if my doctor tried to sneak in a vaccine on my child! My doc has mentioned it a couple of times, but I just don't see the point. I've never had the flu vaccine and I usually only get sick maybe 1-2 a year, which most people that get the vaccine seem to get too.

Anyways, just got home from work, DH is a little depressed cause his team lost today and won't go to the Super Bowl. :(

Until tomorrow, ladies ;)

Nice to hear from you again Eidson! Glad all is going well.

Northern I won't be doing anything to encourage labour this time because I don't want (can't afford!) for him to come early! That said I didn't do anything last time except bounce on my ball! Once it gets to the 29th March I may start bouncing again...

Perplexed sorry about what your doctor did. That is really annoying and I think I'd confront him about it.

I am so insulted! I heard today that the big boss of my school has openly been saying that they won't employ any more foreign female staff because they don't want to keep running into this problem of maternity leave! My contract ends at the end of June and now I'm worried they won't renew it! So I guess I'll be spending my free time job hunting so I hopefully have a back up of needed! The things they get away with here are atrocious!

I'm not keen on the Foley route as from my research 85% of inductions that way need syntocin/pictocin.

I had syntocin with DD1 and I don't want to do that again.

I think all the hormonal methods need to be weighed up in my care as I had severe hyperstimulation with DD2 and to some extent with DD1 too.

I think a sweep will only work if you are truly ready and going into labour yourself. If it is going to work it happens within 48hrs.

In the UK now they won't do a sweep unless baby is low in pelvis and they like your cervix to be moving forward and not be totally posterior.

Generally in the UK though they aren't keen on internals and checking dilation before you are 40 weeks.

I have absolutely no idea what anyone is talking about with the sweeps, etc so I'm going to not even touch that conversation.

As for the flu vaccine. I never got one up until two years ago. It was required where I worked. I got one this year too. My OB asked me and I just said sure.

Right now I feel worse than I did when I first got sick! My chest feels like it's on fire and I can't stop coughing. I'm going to buy some more cough drops but bronchitis really sucks! I hope its not getting worse =[ I really don't want to deal with pneumonia.

Would you try the foley? I don't think its a last resort, just not as commonly used as they seem to jump on to more intense methods faster.

Personally, I don't know too much about it, but from my brief research, i'd try it if offered before cervadil. For me that did cause some hyper stimulation, and took a LONG time to be effective. seems like Foley is less likely to cause that.

From what I know about the foley bulb, it is mostly ineffective. I have known a few people who had it, and it did not make any difference for them. I never had it, so I can't speak from personal experience.
I know quite a few people who had sweeps that sent them into labor a few days later. One friend just had it done a few months ago, and her daughter was born 2 days later. I guess it depends on how it's done. I haven't had one and I don't plan on it.

My big thing this time is speaking to them about letting me go to 42 weeks before even considering induction. Last time, they were only going to let me go to 41 weeks before inducing. This was not based on baby's size or other, but it was just their policy. My son was born at 39+1 according to my LMP due date and 38+1 according to my ultrasound due date. So, it didn't matter in the end. But I'm noticing from friends (and my cousin recently) that they don't all come at the same time. I'd feel so much more comfortable knowing they will give me until week 42...even if it doesn't matter in the end.

Several times this weekend I've felt baby pressing down on my cervix. Actually, it's more like she's pushing with all of her might going "grrrr let me out!" It's not painful so much as a TON of pressure. If I'm sitting I have to stand up because I feel like she's pushing towards whatever I'm sitting on. I'm only 30 weeks, is this normal this early? Should I be concerned?

Ouch northern, that sounds unpleasant! My baby hasnt done that but he has punched/kicked me downwards towards the cervix which is quite unpleasant too! Im always trying to figure out if he's head down or up but I cant tell. Sometimes he's transverse which feels so odd :)

I got kicked in the cervix several times today and it was quite unpleasant!!

Beanonorder it is amazing what different cultures do. That wouldn't fly in the US at all. I hope they renew your contract!

I am so exhausted! I'm supposed to go to this wound care meeting tomorrow at 8am and I just don't think I can bring myself to do it. I guess if I get some sleep maybe I'll go but I'm so tired of going to work even just for a few hours and I have so much to do, laundry and housework to catch up on and just want to relax for a day!

We bought a car today!! Woop all ready for the car seat now ;) DH kept looking in the back saying how excited he is about having a little one there :cloud9:

Rebecca I will definitely be pushing for that too, I just KNOW I'm gonna go AT LEAST one week over, and I'm not gonna let them induce me at 41 weeks cause it's convenient for them.

We're waking up several times at night due to dd being sick but at least she doesn't have a fever anymore. I laid with her on the floor when she wouldn't sleep and she fell asleep fast. But still woke up a few times and came over to hug my head. She's so cute!

Maggz awesome news about the car! What did you get?

Sorry your dd is still sick Perplexed but glad the fever is at least gone.

Dini I'm with you all the way on being exhausted. I'm so stressed out and sleeping so badly I just don't have time to catch up. All I want to do is sit down when I get in from work but I need to cook dinner and dd wants attention. I feel like such a bad mother because I'm so short tempered with her. I keep telling myself to be calm and put her first and then she just whines at me and it drives me mad! I feel awful :'(

Heading back to the doctor soon. I started throwing up early this morning. Usually it's after I cough a lot. But they want me to come in because of being pregnant and the fact that I can't seem to get fluids into my system. They said they are more worried about me being dehydrated at the moment.=( The water I drank this morning, to take my medicine, I threw up. I left my internship again today and called out from the home health visit tonight so I can rest some more. My classes for the spring semester start tomorrow and I have to go. So heres to hoping they can figure out what is going on.

On another note with this doctors office... my normal doctor is out so another doctor has taken over the patients today. When I called earlier they were going to have a nurse call me back. She called me back and said "I spoke with another doctor, yours is out, and I called in a prescription for a strong cough syrup for you" I paused for a second and was just like "umm I can't take that." She then asked why and I went ... "I'm 26 weeks pregnant." The nurse goes "oh, I didn't look at your chart, just went off of the note to call on symptoms getting worse, had no idea you were pregnant, you should come in." Some people I will just never understand. How do you not look at a patients chart before calling in medication for them when you know the doctor has NEVER seen the person before. Forget just the pregnancy...what if I was also allergic to it?? :wacko::dohh::growlmad::nope:

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

/rant over!

that sounds so crazy Christina!! can't believe they actually can give prescriptions based on just symptoms and not even seeing the dr. some people might actually like and abuse that but it's so crazy to me. I really hope you feel better soon.

I know the specific doctor can. Like If my doctor was there he could have called something else in based on me saying my cough got worse. However, the fact that I'm pregnant and I've never seen the doctor that asked for something to be called in was quite off putting.

Hope you feel better Christina. Sounds like you have what I had two weeks ago and it was miserable. I do hope the doctor can help.

Beanonorder I'm sure your dd will never remember you being short tempered with her. It's easy to understand why you are exhausted! Fatigue will do horrible things to you.

I decided to skip the meeting at work today and stay home. I barely slept again last night, had to get up and come to the couch. My reflux was bad and my arms kept falling asleep. My carpal tunnel is getting bad. I hope the chiro can help with that. My hands and legs are swollen too but my bp is totally normal.

On a good note I finally saw my belly moving today when he was rolling around in there. It was all over the place!

Thanks bean! It's a Mazda, I love driving it :D Compared to the mustang it's so smooth and quiet lol I just wanna find places to drive to now ;)

Sorry you're feeling shitty Christina, that's a very weird way to prescribe medicine! What if you didn't know you couldn't take strong cough syrup when you're pregnant? I sure as hell didn't until now!

bean sorry it's been so so stressful :( :hugs:

Rest up Dini!

Started school this morning, I'm a little stressed I won't get into one of the classes I need to graduate, really don't know what to do if I don't get in as it's the only section taught this semester :/ Professors didn't seem too concerned with me being preggers haha so I hope we will be able to work out stuff for around the due date.
This semester seems like it's gonna be more demanding than last semester, so I really need to stay on top of things.

I've been meaning to ask you guys, does your bump feel especially stretched and kinda "sore" in the mornings? Like when I take a deep breath in the morning it kinda hurts somewhere in there I can't pinpoint where or how it feels exactly. Weird question I know it's just so uncomfortable when I initially stand up and walk it off.

Perplexed- Sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she can start getting better soon. Poor little thing!

Beanonorder- That is horrible of your work! I would certainly be frustrated under those circumstances. I hope it does work out for you. There has to be someone who understands these things and doesn't behave like that.

Christina- I hope you get to feeling better! I hope our doctor visit goes well. That was crazy of that nurse to just call in an prescription without looking at your information. Good thing you were able to get that straightened out.

Maggz- Congrats on the new car! I'm also wondering what kind it is. :)

Dini- How fun that you saw your belly move today! :)

AFM- I am starting to have problems when it comes to eating. I have to eat VERY small portions or I feel sick because my stomach is so squished up. However, if my stomach is empty, I also feel sick. It's like a lose-lose situation.
I could only manage to eat half of one packet of oatmeal for breakfast this morning before I started feeling too full.
I've also been craving unsweet tea packed with lemons. I'm not sure where this craving is from, but it is a strong one! I'm about to go out to the store and buy a gallon of unsweet tea along with some lemons to cut it up and pre-prepare it for myself.

Dini- thanks.

He thinks it's an asthmatic bronchitis so I have to use my abuterol inhaler along with the medication now. My asthma is usually seasonal and more during summer months. But I guess anything is possible. Hopefully it helps. He also said the throwing up seems to be triggered by coughing (I wanted to be like well duh) and then when I throw up when not coughing he thinks it's just because of the drip from the sinus infection. He doesn't think I have the flu which is good. I don't have a fever or anything, my weight and blood pressure are good (and baby is kicking away lol). If it doesn't improve by Friday I have to call back again.

On another note... my sister is getting me an Ergo baby carrier. =)

And I just watched the mailman smash up against the curb.. :dohh:

Christina, if you aren't used to indoor heat and you have had it on due to the freezing temperatures, that is a HUGE trigger for asthma problems. My daughter tends to get breathing issues as soon as the heat comes on in the Fall. We have to make her sleep in a cooler room with more blankets and a humidifier on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->