**April Bunnies 2015**

Thanks to everyone else too. I'm not sure how I missed so many posts-- oh wait. Yeah-- stupid phone!

Northern I didn't even think of it that way. It makes a lot of sense. Hoping this new treatment will help!

I got food down okay. And a decent amount of water so far. I got a straw so it's actually a bit easier to drink right now. Before I gagged everytime I took a sip.

Back to my Netflix movie binge =]

So apparently one thing that has snuck up when I (literally) didn't see it. My thighs have turned into Pillsbury Doughboy thighs! I think every ounce of the 7lbs I've gained have gone directly to my legs! I am so in need of Pilates. Ugh. I am going to have to get a blindfold to keep on hand for OH, or totally lights out for us from now on.

Realized tomorrow is Wednesday already. My OB appt is Friday!! I can't wait. Well I could for the glucose test but we have the 3d/4d scan also. I'm so excited to see baby. He or she has been kicking up a storm today. Though I wish I knew the position. I felt movement and kicks side to side but also high up and low down. I vision the baby laying transverse flinging arms and legs out to kick and punch! Ha.

Inhaler seems to be helping a bit. Only took it once so far and it's keeping my coughing down. I still cough a lot but not as much. I think this doctor may have been right.

Off to bed I go. First day of my last semester for my BSW starts at 8am!

Seems like several of us are either sick or just very uncomfortable from being very pregnant. I am starting to feel quite fed up with being big and immobile.

I have also noticed my abdomen popping out a little at the top of my belly. I am guissing this is from my abs becoming more and more separated :( Has any one else noticed this?? I have to ask my midwife about it because its uncomfortable, sometimes I get a burning type of pain from that area. I bet she will just say its normal!!

Yeah, you can get split stomach muscles down low and near your ribs unfortunately.

Mine low down were bad after DD2 and had had to have some physio to help after she was born.

They will likely check to see how many finger widths the muscles are after the birth and refer you if needs be. Yoga and pilates also hugely help x

Thanks for the tips Amelie! I will probably ask for professional help after I have given birth.

I'm convinced that happened to me last time but never saw to it. My upper and were still stuck out really bad when I got pregnant again this time, despite exercise and trying to train them.

I just got another ultrasound appointment for Feb 3rd which seems far away, but in reality it isn't at all. I think I will get them every two weeks to check on baby's size. I feel like she has grown significantly since my last one so it should be interesting. I'm thinking she is definitely over 4lbs, if not closer to 5.

Northern- I feel the exact same way you feel about your thighs when it comes to my butt! It seems like every ounce I have gained has gone there. I'm so frustrated with it and I have been trying to hide it from my husband when I change my clothes. It's just awful. And no matter how much I workout, I guess that's just where my body feels like storing all my excess weight.

Tove- As Amelie said, there is a thing called split abs. My cousin had it this pregnancy. Hopefully, your midwife can offer you some help if that is what you do have.

I'm 29 weeks today, but I feel like I'm already 30 weeks. When I first found out I was pregnant, I wasn't really sure of my due date because of the birth control. Technically my LMP wasn't a period at all. So, I had measured my own due date based on the day I got my BFP assuming I was 4 weeks pregnant when I got it. I got April 4th. Sometimes, I just feel like going back to that due date...even if it is only a 4 day difference. But I seriously feel like I'm closer to that timeline than the one they've actually put me on. Honestly, if I had just told them I thought I was due on April 4th, I wonder if they ever would have changed my due date at that early ultrasound.

Here's my 29 week bump picture! I expected my belly to look a lot bigger in the picture because I feel like it looks a lot bigger when I look at myself. And it's also getting in the way of things a lot more than it used to. But somehow I look about the same.

Attachments

• 2015-01-21 10.39.41.jpg
    2015-01-21 10.39.41.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 11
You're carrying so high Rebecca! I feel like I'm sitting on mine. I have to make room for her to sit on the couch with me, haha!

Around here they go strictly by LMP over the dating ultrasound. But I've not had a huge difference between my ultrasounds and LMP due dates...

Has anyone heard of a reality show called Pregnant in Heels? It's so crazy but it's my guilty pleasure for right now...about to finish season 1...and got season 2, lol. I couldn't handle the American One Born Every Minute. I think if I watched it prior to having my daughter I would have become really anxious and terrified of giving birth. The UK one was so encouraging regardless of complications. Wish my itunes store had the UK one for sale so I could have it on my ipad and watch it even without internet!

Edit: Rebecca your bump looks gorgeous!! You look great!

Northern- Yes, I feel she is pretty high up. I think that's why my stomach is so squished up and I can't eat too much at a time. But I also think her head and butt are straight across the middle with feet and hands facing down. So, I think she's keeping herself further up like that.

Lovely bump Rebecca! I also expect my bump to be bigger in pictures. I feel much bigger than last time but when I compare the photos it's not a massive difference. I'm also carrying high.

Perplexed I've heard of that show but haven't actually watched it. I tried to watch the UK version of one born every minute but it didn't want to load properly so I got annoyed and switched it off.

Northern I've heard it's common for your thighs to gain because your body is storing the fat there to help with breastfeeding. Don't know how true it is but dh commented on mine a while back (not in a nasty way) and I decided I'm just going to believe it!

My dh has decided he is going to stay over on a Wednesday night. What a disaster last night was! Because he finishes work late he got here after dd had gone to bed so she didn't know he was here. When she woke up at around 11pm and came through to me she kind of gave a 'mom there's someone in the bed' kind of look. He said hello and of course she got all excited because she hasn't seen him in a while and woke herself up properly. 3:30am she was still tossing and turning and telling me to get out! Plus dh's snoring has gotten horrendous! I thought the world was coming to an end. Needless to say I've had maybe two hours of sleep. Thank goodness my final observation was postponed to next week!!

Beanonorder, how are things going with you two now? It seems a bit better from your posts

I also am choosing to believe that about your thighs during pregnancy! Off to research.

Our relationship is technically ok. But I keep quiet about a lot of things. He is very unreliable - like cancelling at the last minute, not being able to give me the money he said he would, arriving late. He always has a reason or an excuse but I keep thinking well I have no choice but to be on time and have the money, etc. He has a lot of growing up to do. We'll see... I have my faults too.

Bean: I'm sorry the night with your dh was bad...I hope he starts being more reliable.

Northern: my thighs are looking bigger too. I'll believe it's fat stores for breastfeeding hehe.

Last night at about 4am OH and I couldn't sleep. He cuddled in to me and whispered, 'Don't take this the wrong way, but you feel like a big, soft pillow'. Haha. I'm normally quite slim so I think we both enjoy the extra padding pregnancy brings (although I hate the soft, lumpy look of it). Breastfeeding always fixes it up for me.

Bean, you're being very patient. It must be really hard not knowing what the future will bring for you!

I had a growth scan yesterday which has left me really stressed and anxious. Baby is sitting at 10th percentile, which is as expected. My last two babies were iugr and this baby is slowly falling off the chart too. But the obstetrician also said the blood flow to the brain is reduced. I'm to go in again tomorrow to see if it was just an anomaly (although I'm not sure what would cause something like that to happen at the very moment it was being checked). I'm trying to be optimistic... baby is still moving, getting hiccups etc, but still feel like I can't quite breathe from the underlying fear that I'm trying to squash.

:hugs: I hope everything turns out okay ssjad. Hopefully it was an anomaly. Did you have your other babies early due to IUGR? I actually don't know much about it...

Has anyone had a GTT that includes not only blood tests every 30 mins, but urine tests too?

Thanks, Perplexed. Yes, the last two were early as will this one be. If it doesn't come earlier I'm expecting to be induced March 21st.
And I've never done the urine as part of the GTT...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->