**April Bunnies 2015**

Ssjad I hope it's just an anomaly. Pregnancy is hard enough without adding in all these extra stresses!

Perplexed I've never heard of urine tests too.

Thanks ladies for all you encouragement and commiseration regarding hormones and just being grouchy with no real reason...or with a small reason but being cranky out of proportion...haha! I have been feeling much better the last week or so, but it really does help to know that some of you are experiencing the same challenges. I think it's harder because I'm normally a very low key, logical person...not many mood swings or emotional roller coasters in my world. So when I start feeling like that out of the blue and can't shake it, it's hard to deal with.

Rebecca, you look gorgeous! Love that bump pic! :) We have highly variable weather here too...there's an old saying "If you don't like the weather in Oklahoma, just wait 5 minutes!" It's been so pretty the last week or so, I've been able to go for my 3 mile walks almost every day. I feel so much better when I can get a bit of sunshine and fresh air. So sorry you ladies who are dealing with arctic temps! It's a bit depressing, huh!

Bean, glad things are somewhat improved with DH. I know what you mean about the snoring...it's the worst! My DH put on about 15 lbs in my second trimester from a combination of quitting using chewing tobacco (gross I know! I'm so proud of him though...he has used since his teens and decided to quit before baby came because he doesn't want to set that example), and I think he had some cravings also due to my hormones. Anyway, before gaining the weight he would not snore unless he was on his back. But when he started making noise on his side too, he got sent off to the guest bedroom! Haha! Luckily he's lost a bit so has been back sleeping with me for the last week or so...hoping he can stay. But my sleep's just the most important thing right now!

Oh, Bean, also was wondering if there is the possibility of going home or if you are set on staying in China? I don't know your full situation...it just sounds like they are not making it very easy for you to be there. Was wondering if you might move closer to family if you ended up having to search for a new job. Sorry they are being such jerks!

Hope everyone going through illnesses feels better very soon! How awful...I was sick for a week a while back and it definitely does not mix well with pregnancy!

So I had my last scheduled U/S yesterday. It was so fun to see my little guy! It's funny because whenever I saw 4d u/s pics, I always felt like they just looked weird and lumpy. I never even thought I wanted them myself! But at the perinatal clinic where I go for checkups, they do them with the normal medical u/s so I wasn't going to tell them not to. And I'm so glad they did...he is just adorable. I don't feel like they look nearly as weird as some do...must be my "mommy goggles" (you know, that special vision that makes your newborn look gorgeous to you even though everyone else might see him as blue and wrinkled and looking a bit like an old man lol). He was positioned breech facing outward, and his hands and feet were up by his head. DH thinks he looks quite a bit like him, and I tend to agree, although I haven't seen any baby pics of him. He's quite handsome, so I'm fine with that! I did share my pics in the FB group, but I will put them here as well as I know not everyone is there. She captured a yawn, face rub and his sweet little face. Also thought she spied a bit of hair in one! :)

Attachments

• 1.2.276.0.26.1.1.1.2.2015.52.52025.4846548.46031872.3a40c652a1b.0000000000.jpg
    1.2.276.0.26.1.1.1.2.2015.52.52025.4846548.46031872.3a40c652a1b.0000000000.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 1.2.276.0.26.1.1.1.2.2015.52.51994.2184950.46031872.3a40c652a1b.0000000000.jpg
    1.2.276.0.26.1.1.1.2.2015.52.51994.2184950.46031872.3a40c652a1b.0000000000.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 1.2.276.0.26.1.1.1.2.2015.52.51970.3749887.46031872.3a40c652a1b.0000000000.jpg
    1.2.276.0.26.1.1.1.2.2015.52.51970.3749887.46031872.3a40c652a1b.0000000000.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 2
My cousin had her baby last night! :) I've only seen one picture so far (one that her husband posted on Facebook) and she looked very tired in it, but the baby looked very good and healthy! I can't wait to see more pictures of her. I'm sure they are getting much-needed rest now.

How exciting Rebecca! Bet it makes it seem all more real for you now.

I am SO FRUSTRATED with OH's sister. She's a nurse in Florida and I've never met her, but she's a huge c-section advocate. She has no idea whatsoever why I would ever want a VBAC and I think she's in his ear telling him I'm crazy for wanting to have one. She keeps writing stuff on FB about "thank god you're getting a c-section" and all these stupid, discouraging c-section comments. I think he's starting to switch his total support he had for it to questioning if it is safe. He keeps telling me to do whatever I want but I'm pretty sure he has no faith that it is going to work. I'm so upset. When she comes to visit after the baby is born, I don't know how I'm going to handle her. Arrrggg

Rebecca I feel like you look better with each bump pic you post! Gorgeous! :flower:

bean I agree with whoever said you are very patient. I can just envision your DD all excited to realize it was her daddy in bed with you haha :)

ssjad I laughed at your DH's comment! Haha that's so cute. I hope all goes well with your baby's growth, I'm not too familiar with IUGR sorry!

Rebecca congrats on the new family member :)

northern I don't understand how someone is a c-section advocate?! Like whaaaaat?? That's annoying that his sister is kinda undermining his belief in what you're doing. I would be pissed, too.

Sarah those pics are so adorable, I don't know what it is cause I always thought 3/4d us were creepy before but I think they're awesome now!! Haha, not your mommy goggles I promise.

I went to the doc yesterday the baby had hiccups while she checked the heartbeat, it was pretty funny. I'm doing the rounds to meet all 4 docs at the practice and so far, I like this one the best! She actually took some time to talk and listen to me and introduced herself as my potential babycatcher which I thought kinda showed that she's not gonna rip the baby out of me hahaha. So I hope she'll be on duty, oh and also cause she's had a hypnobirthing mom before so she's seen it in action and knows it works!
School started this week and we are trying to establish somewhat of a routine, which will be kinda hard with me working too but we are determined to manage our money better! Especially cause we got this food service that delivered 6 months worth of food to our freezer, so we only have to purchase milk, veggies, eggs etc. So we always have meat ready and just need to get into the swing of actually using it and DH taking leftovers to work instead of buying lunch every day.
Oh yeah and I'm trying to get out of taking one class cause it's similar to what I've taken before in Hawaii and the time clashes with another one that I need to graduate this spring - but honestly it's not looking good. Keeping my fingers crossed. It's kinda stressful not knowing!

Northern- It does all seem very real! She was 10 weeks ahead of me, so it seems like I'll be right where she is in no time. Sorry to hear about your OH's sister. That sounds very frustrating. People need to mind their own business. If you want a VBAC, that is your right.

Sarah- I agree with Maggz; your baby looks adorable! That's not just mommy goggles.

Maggz- I'm glad to hear you like this recent OB so much. Hope she will be on call when you go into labor. That would be so nice! :) She sounds great.

Ssjad- I hope you get good news about your baby's growth! Fingers crossed for you!

She had an elective csection and doesn't understand that there are any risks.

This is what scares me about the American health care system... and this woman is a nurse?! :/

Okay so this is random but I went from being starving all the time to just ... Eh yeah I guess I can eat... I think my bump is getting higher. Movements went from being really low to pretty high and to the sides a lot more. I wonder if baby is pressing up against my stomach? It just that it switched so quickly. I mean I'll save on food if I'm not eating everything in sight so I guess that's good lol.

Sarah I wish my dh's snoring was due to putting on weight! He's naturally very slim (cue my jealousy) and has actually lost weight since moving out. I think it's cos he's eating so unhealthily and smoking too much. So nice of your dh to quit the chewing tobacco!
With regards to going home I'd love to go back. Unfortunately there are very few opportunities there, especially for white people, salaries are low and the cost of living has exploded! Plus the crime is scary and the education is terrible (currently 143 out of 145 countries!). South Africa is such a beautiful country with so much potential but right now it's just getting run down. Makes me very sad.

Maggz and Christina good luck with your new semester! I hope you manage to get all the classes you need and arrange your schedules so you can graduate when you want to.

Northern your oh's sister sounds like a pain in the ass. You need to remind him that a) you are his number one priority and he should be listening to you and b) you would never do anything to put your child at risk and if the VBAC was doing that you wouldn't be pushing for it.

I actually got some sleep last night! I switched the light at 9 and then woke up to dd at 11:20 and them another two times at 2 & 4:30am. But each time I just went to pee and straight back to sleep. So in total I think I may just have managed 8 hours of sleep!
Two weeks til my holidays!

Sarah I wish my dh's snoring was due to putting on weight! He's naturally very slim (cue my jealousy) and has actually lost weight since moving out. I think it's cos he's eating so unhealthily and smoking too much. So nice of your dh to quit the chewing tobacco!
With regards to going home I'd love to go back. Unfortunately there are very few opportunities there, especially for white people, salaries are low and the cost of living has exploded! Plus the crime is scary and the education is terrible (currently 143 out of 145 countries!). South Africa is such a beautiful country with so much potential but right now it's just getting run down. Makes me very sad.

Maggz and Christina good luck with your new semester! I hope you manage to get all the classes you need and arrange your schedules so you can graduate when you want to.

Northern your oh's sister sounds like a pain in the ass. You need to remind him that a) you are his number one priority and he should be listening to you and b) you would never do anything to put your child at risk and if the VBAC was doing that you wouldn't be pushing for it.

I actually got some sleep last night! I switched the light at 9 and then woke up to dd at 11:20 and them another two times at 2 & 4:30am. But each time I just went to pee and straight back to sleep. So in total I think I may just have managed 8 hours of sleep!
Two weeks til my holidays!

Thanks! I have everything set up. Only two classes and then my internship. I have 145 out of 450 hours done so far. Had to start early. The only issue I see running into is that my senior presentation is supposed to be April 24th! Uhhhh ... My due date is April 26th!!

Did you get your GTT Christina?

My what? Sorry just don't know what gtt is...

Your test for gestational diabetes

Ah. Okay. It is tomorrow. My appt is at 1pm. Have class from 9-11:50 tomorrow too. Just have to time it right. And hope that my professor doesn't go over the time like usual. Bc I may flip out.

Oh I found out that I made the deans list last semester! 3.50gpa. I took 8 classes and had a rough start bc of all the morning sickness. Pretty excited that I got that outcome!!

This is completely unrelated to pregnancy, but I have just sort of started panicking that my son starts kindergarten next year! He will be doing a Pre-K program this upcoming school year. It all goes by so fast!

Christina: I'm also finding that I have a smaller appetite. Have a lot of acid reflux too. I think baby is just getting high and squashing my stomach. Good luck on your gtt.

Sara: your lo looks so adorable aww :hugs:

Rebecca: aww congrats on the new baby, exciting.

Northern: that's so frustrating!! Honestly some people need to keep their opinions to themselves. You should get to have a vbac if that's what you want.

Maggz: I hope the nice dr delivers, or rather, catches your baby! Seems awesome.

These days I'm starting to feel like baby is squashing my ribs. Happened with my dd as well.

Rebecca, it does go fast! That's why I keep having more. ;-)

Ultrasound this morning was fine. They're not sure if this will be an ongoing issue, but 'watch out for reduced movements'. I have to admit, I don't feel as reassured as I thought I would. Who knows how often the blood flow is restricted when not having an ultrasound? Anyway, that's the scary part of pregnancy, isn't it? The lack of control. For some reason every time I have an ultrasound (weekly atm), bubby is in a different position, flipping from head down to up. I guess there's enough room in there to do so, but all my other babies were firmly head down by this stage. And I can't feel it when he does it.

Hope everyone else is well... it's another weekend :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->