**April Bunnies 2015**

I think I could give up a limb for some Dairy Queen icecream right now.

Problem:
1) I can't eat it, and 2) the closest one is 8hrs away

Perplexed- yeah I heard that too. The nurse just never said anything other than ask about position. I'm not too concerned. I saw baby and all looks good to me =]. And ugh- if it's not one thing it's another- but I've been on antibiotics for 9 days now and I'm pretty sure I have a yeast infection. Guess I'll get something tomorrow and see if it works. Sorry If tmi but it makes me cranky lol.

Northern- that does sound good! Sorry you can't eat it. =[

Christina sorry about the yeast infection. I've had one pretty much this whole pregnancy. Every time I bring it up with my doctor he tells me to 'wash with warm water'. So annoying.

Northern: I'm sorry that you can't eat that =(

I've been having these dizziness spells in the late mornings the past few days. Kind of weird!

bean- that would be annoying! The booklet my ob gave said to use monistat. So I'll try that and then if it's not better I'll call the ob.

Eating yogurt with probiotics is supposed to be a good way to ward off/treat yeast infections during pregnancy. My OB last time wouldn't treat me for one until I ate Activia for a week. Needless to say I wasn't happy with him.

Yuck. I hate yogurt. No doctor could get me to eat something where I gag and throw up just trying it. nope nope nope. Lol.

My whole house is clean! Floors, all bathrooms and all. I'm exhausted. What's the chances I can keep it clean for another 7 weeks? Haha!

My whole house is clean! Floors, all bathrooms and all. I'm exhausted. What's the chances I can keep it clean for another 7 weeks? Haha!

Awesome! I need to do this. Need motivation. Ha. But I only have to keep it clean for 4 weeks. My parents are coming to visit then and my mom can't not clean up.

I can't belive I'm entering the 3rd trimester. I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow. 90 days left exactly on Monday as my edd is April 26th.

I only get motivation on weekends. Weekdays after getting dd ready and out the door for school leaves me drained, and I have two appointments a week which screws things up. We have to go get a new hose for the washer apparently. I went to wash the bedding and it was spraying water everywhere. OH is happy :)

Congrats on third tri!

So, D's baby who was born yesterday won't eat apparently. My MIL said she will not take a bottle or breastfeed. I'm not sure how they are feeding her. But it's concerning for sure. Could this be related to her GD?

Rebecca - no answers for that but I do hope the baby starts eating soon.

I feel emotional. All I want to do is curl up in a ball and cry. =[

I don't know about GD causing that, but I would get a consult on a lip/tongue tie or cleft palate. She might be getting tube fed or SNS.

No GD can only temporarily affect blood sugars of baby, not their ability to feed.

Though GD hormones can hinder your milk coming in (not an issue at colostrum stage) and baby - like a lot of babies - may be sleepy.

Tongue or lip tie is more likely x

I am so so itchy :(

Was up between 12.15 and 3.30 just itching...it's driving me nuts! More parts of my body are itchy now I dread to think what will happen tonight :(

....OMG

My dd has lip tie?!

I was looking up lip tie / tongue tie after reading about Rebecca's dh's cousin's baby not feeding. But I didn't look into dd's mouth. She actually fell nose first into the (carpeted) floor while attempting to walk and started crying. So i checked her mouth when her nose looked ok and it looks like lip tie...

I was so sure they checked her for tongue tie at birth.

It makes so much sense. I feel so heart broken for our breastfeeding journey. Of course I don't have an official diagnosis and I could be way off...but it makes so much sense given the experience that we had. And it looks different for sure.

Lip ties are treated based on being symptomatic. They are usually not checked for, because they do not typically cause the same type of issues with nursing as tongue ties do. One baby can have a severe lip tie, and another can have the exact same positioning of the tie, and one baby can have issues and another will have none. It also has to do with how flexible the lip still is. My son has a lip tie. It cause some issues early on, like a shallow latch which I was able to correct, and really super frequent feedings. Some babies and mamas have much more serious issues though.Everyone has some degree of tissue there, it just depends on how able it is to stretch and where it attaches onto the gums.

Typically a lip tie won't cause a newborn not to latch. It'll cause them to latch poorly, painfully and have poor milk transfer though.

More common with babies who will not latch or feed at all after birth is babies who had to be born by csection(usually emergency csecs after long tiring labour), who's mothers had a lot of medications during labour, or babies who were born really traumatically during extremely long stressful labours. These babies are too exhausted or medicated to latch sometimes for the early days. Being premature is a big one too. Physical issues can cause it as well but are less frequent. My nephew couldn't latch after birth(traumatic emergency csec and lots of drugs for mom). My SIL ended up doing combo feeding but actually nursed at least occasionally until almost 17 months. All babies eventually come around and if they are physically unable to nurse, they might get a tube for a little while until they get stronger.

We always had a shallow latch but also very frequent feedings. I was never able to correct her latch and she ended up just refusing the breast at 4 months old...I dunno if it was a mixture of several things. But she had never accepted a bottle before she started refusing the breast. The skin she has at upper lip is right at her teeth...everyone just told me to put more breast in her mouth and i just couldn't. My nipples hurt for the whole 4 months that she ebf. I knew something wasn't normal just didn't know how to address it.

I'm sad she only had 4 months and I didn't know what to do to help...but at least I could try to change things for her brother.

It can be rough. Makes me so angry there isn't better support for these kinds of situations! Ps. 4 months of breastfeeding is still 4 months of breastfeeding! I hope you have great luck this time around.

They're getting better at diagnosing these here and providing tongue/lip tie release if necessary. I'm not leaving the hospital until this one is seen by a paediatrician to make sure there is no tie inhibiting breastfeeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->