**April Bunnies 2015**

Eidson, I spent the last two weeks reluctantly looking at breast pumps. I decided to break down and get a Medela because the reviews on everything else aren't as good. I got my 45 bucks off at Sears.

Regarding breast pumps. I had the Medela Swing last time and it is fab. Cost about £100 - don't know how much it would be in the states though? It was amazing and would thoroughly recommend it 😊

What are you all doing for Valentine's Day? OH bought tickets to a concert for Sunday night, but I think we are going to have to do whatever "romantic" thing we do on Friday night. I am so not in the mood right in this moment to think about getting ready for a night by ourselves haha. We haven't had a kid free night together in months.

I think a nice steak dinner at home, film and then some awkward third tri :sex: :rofl:

We did our child free thing a few weeks ago, so it'll be at home definitely.

Anyone else with baby's head fully engaged? Baby has been popping in and out, but is more often in then out. Very uncomfortable and causing some nasty BH contractions. Otherwise feeling great for 32.5 weeks!

My wife has been feeling his head very low for the past week. It runs up against her pubic bone and hurts lol

My pubic bone feels like it is just going to crack in half. Serious burning pain all day. I don't notice her any lower though.

Eidson- I got my Medela In Style Advanced pump from the second-hand baby store here for a discount. It was unopened as well. But I've even seen some on craigslist for much less than what they go for in retail. I'd search around those places and see if you can find one that is in good condition. It really works great!

Counting- My baby is up pretty high right now. In fact, I'm pretty sure there is a foot in my ribs as I'm typing this. The other day she was very low. I really can't figure out where her head is. Sometimes, it feels like it might be in my pelvis, but then other times she feels transverse. It's really hard for me to figure it out.

Northern- We're not doing anything out of the ordinary for Valentine's Day. We will probably just have a nice night at home together.

Mcwhmm- I plan on having my hospital bag packed by week 34 or 35. I haven't even decided on what all I'm going to pack yet.

I'm going to be having this baby at a new hospital and I plan to tour the L&D ward first before packing my bag because then I can see what they provide in the mother and baby unit. Last time, I did need my own personal hygiene items, clothes, and a few outfits/hats for the baby (I don't like the hospital hats). I also do plan to have the boppy this time.

Amelie- I'm glad your foot seems to be okay. So sorry to hear that you fractured it! I hope it heals quickly.

I've been pretty tired the past few days and have been making up for lost sleep from the weekend. I just couldn't seem to get sleep on Saturday or Sunday night. I am finally starting to feel kind of human again after taking naps and going to bed earlier than usual.
I feel like I have some sort of pregnancy ADHD. I can't seem to focus on any one thing for very long. It's probably my brain thinking of all that needs to be done before Holly arrives. I had planned on getting a jump start on some things this week, but I was so exhausted (and feeling some congestion start to come back) that I decided I should probably get extra rest instead. And then I'd focus on getting more done once I feel rested. I think I'm finally there.
I also can't believe I'm technically 8 months pregnant today! It feels so close. I was kind of hoping to have everything in order by week 37 or so.

Yikes hospital bag talk! Lol I haven't thought of mine yet but will do around 35 weeks. Think I have most things just need newborn nappys.

So many aches and pains here. I feel you all as I to have been getting a really sore pain across the bottom of my bump and my legmuscles. I think from carrying my ds is taking its toll.

Amelie thank goodness your foot is ok. Xxx

We don't celebrate Valentine's here so won't be acknowledging it really.

Xx

Hi ladies sorry I've been MIA. Work just wears me out and I have no energy to get online if I work. I am still praying to go till he comes but I've decided I'm willing to stop working a week early if I must but still leaves me nearly 9 weeks till leave.

Mcwhmm, it's about time you came over. The link to this thread has been on my sig forever I should have told you to hop over!

Those of you with swelling, I'm there too but it's gotten better as long as I drink tons of water. My ankles are putting at times but it's not uncomfortable. Mostly after working 12 hours though.

Rebecca, congrats on 32 weeks!

Um, eek! On hospital bags. It's been in the back of my mind but def not packing yet. We have so much other stuff to do still and DH has lost all motivation lately and is driving me crazy. It's hard for me to do a lot with my bad carpal tunnel, and all he is doing is sleeping lately, like 12-16 hours a day. I think its his new antidepressant but it's making me mad. I won't whine about it though it could be worse.

I'm starting to get nervous that we won't get it all done now. Maybe I'll feel better after the shower and see what we still need.

Valentines day.... I've never really been a fan of it in the first place but this year I'm just ignoring it completely! So I'll be having a quiet night at home with dd. Again.

Breastpump - I was really lucky in being able to get a medela pump second hand for next to nothing. A few weeks after I got it someone was selling a double one for a good price too. But I'm not even sure pumping is going to go any better this time so I'll stick to what I have!

Hospital bag... I've bought some travel toiletries and I have some new feeding bras and vests/singlets. Otherwise that's as far as I've gotten. I don't even have an actual bag yet! I'm really hoping when I go see the high risk doctor next week I can see the hospital at the same time.

Seeing as the two kids will be sharing a room at some point in the future I haven't set anything up for the baby yet. I finally ordered his bassinett for my room. On Friday I will be sorting the cupboard and chest of drawers out in dds room. Once I do that I can put the changing table up.
Once my latest shipment of orders arrives I'll pretty much have everything I need.

I have felt completely worthless today! I am in soo much pain! It's been this way for the past month or so now. I can't roll over in bed, it hurts to stand up after sitting down, I can't sit for a long time, can't bend over.. IT'S AWFUL! :( I feel like I'm doing the splits or something!

After work today I took DD to pick out her valentines for her friends at daycare and I was leaning on the cart walking through the store and only got two items when I had so much more on my list!

DH started back on third shift on Sunday so his schedule is completely thrown off and he sleeps from the time he gets home at 5am until I get home from work at 5pm and then eats supper and gets ready for work.. so he's no help right now.

I've been stressing myself out about getting things done and driving myself crazy :( I've been slacking on my cleaning.. my school work is slacking.. I feel like a walking zombie at work. I haven't been able to sleep well at all this week. I'm so used to DH being in bed with me and I think I just know that he's not there now and I can't sleep. I wake up more to pee it seems like and then I've been soooo thirsty and have a hard time getting back to sleep.

I think that's the end of my rant! Lol SORRY!:p

Anyways, in my bag I'll probably just pack some sweatpants, yoga pants, tank, robe, and travel toiletries. I have our outfits that we ordered for newborn pictures at the hospital in the diaper bag, but otherwise everything else for baby is provided at the hospital. Everything for me is provided too. Gotta love those disposable undies ;)

I've been struggling with valentines day ideas.. Probably won't do anything. DH has to work Friday night and will likely sleep most of the day Saturday :( I don't think it's even occurred to him that Saturday is Valentines Day, but he may surprise me? Lol. I think he's so messed up with his schedule lately that he doesn't even know what day it is. On third shift they always refer to their days different. Like Friday to him is Thursday, etc.

Those talking about swelling.. I noticed the past few days when I take my socks off, I've got a nice line where my socks were. My socks have NEVER been tight! Even my moccasins were tight today!

We don't celebrate valentines day here, but we're taking a small weekend trip to a resort with dd next weekend or the weekend after. Haven't made reservations yet though.

Sounds lovely Perplexed :)

Hi everyone I've been really MIA. But I catch up with your fb posts :)

Good way to confirm baby has dropped(other than belly mapping and actually feeling baby drop)- I measured my fundal height last night. I measure 29w, with me being generous about measuring. About 2 weeks ago at my appointment- I measured 31 weeks!

Mcwhmm, I'm sorry you are in so much pain! I am getting there myself especially the standing up after sitting down. I do okay on my feet and walking even though it's tiring but I think that's because my body is used to it from work. I hope you can get some rest soon I am sure not having DH there beside you is rough!

As far as Valentine's Day we aren't doing anything as DH has to work. It bums me out because it's our 5 year dating anniversary but we need to save the money anyway.

Oh I woke up with such a bad headache this morning! I think it's a sinus headache because even my nose hurts. I'm over this cold weather already!

Dini I've been having sinus headaches too and they're so awful :( making me think my tooth aches when it probably doesn't. It's pressure from the sinuses and I know it well!

Hi all - I just thought I'd stop in here and introduce myself. I am due May 11 with a little boy. Due to cholestasis I will be induced around 37 weeks which will be around April 20th.

I have a little girl who just turned 14 months old, so I am a little nervous to have such a close age gap.. :wacko:

Hi Debbie! Welcome!

I think I'm done. I'm fed up with feeling huge and unattractive. Absolutely done.

Welcome, Debbie! Congrats on your boy. :)

Northern- Sorry to hear how you are feeling! I still think you look great, but I know the feeling. Hope you start to feel a little better before she arrives.

I'm also sorry to hear about those of you battling sinus infections. It's truly a pain when your teeth start hurting because of it!

My belly seems to be a magnet for everything! I keep having to change my shirt at least once a day because somehow something gets on my belly! It's either food or drink or just something random that seems magically attracted to my shirt at my belly.
I'm also getting tired of wearing clothes. I was pregnant with my son during most of the Spring and Summer and I spent a lot of time wearing flip flops and sundresses. I miss that now. I think I prefer dressing like that over wearing maternity pants. Some days it warms up here, but the weather is just so inconsistent, I still can't start wearing those lightweight clothes. I hope Spring starts early in March. I feel like every time I get out of the shower, I never want to get dressed anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->