**April Bunnies 2015**

Debbie: welcome <3 our girls are about the same age and our boys will be too with around s similar age gap! :hugs:

Northern: does getting your hair or nails done make you feel better?

Rebecca: I understand...I can't stand wearing anything thick either it drives me crazy. I hate putting on pants too. I live in a warm climate though and feel hotter than everyone else!

DD keeps waking up at 3am and I feel shattered! She refuses to nap during the day, too. It feels like she runs on so little sleep but it's always been like this. I have no idea how I'll do this with 2.

Welcome Debbie! Glad to have you!

Perplexed, my teeth hurt terribly in the morning as well. I think this morning was because DH turned the heat up and it dried things out more than usual. I haven't had my humidifier on lately because it's been too humid and I had mildew growing on my windows lol.

Northern I'm sorry you feel so done. I also think you look great but I understand not being able to feel that way.

Rebecca, I wish we could dress that way right now!

Well LO seems to be back to liking my cervix. I'll just be minding my business when i get doubled over with pain from him doing something toy cervix. At least he's moving lol. Also got a little work done in the nursery. I got all the built in cabinets and drawers cleared out and DH got some more trim up. He's supposed to finish it tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. I have to work hard to get him off the couch lately.

My MIL and her brother may be coming over Sunday to help with more painting so he needs to finish it tomorrow while I'm at work.

I hope your DH gets the trim done soon :hugs:

Sorry about your LO attacking your cervix. It sounds painful!

I have an appt booked for DD and I to get mani/pedis done on March 7th as a girls day the weekend before baby. I want to get my hair done but if I'm anything like last time, my hair all fell out afterwards so I will want to deal with it then.

I think I'm just tired of the same clothes all of the time and even the new things I bought around Christmas are too short now. That on top of not having the energy to do anything to myself is brutal.

Northern, I was debating on when I should get my hair done but since it is likely I will go 9 more weeks I think I'll get it done next week or the week after and then again after baby.

I think the girls day sounds fabulous and I'm sure your DD will totally enjoy some mommy time with you!

I know how that is Northern. I wore sweats a lot during last pregnancy and lived in some of the same shirts postpartum too. I didn't feel like I looked good. I suddenly colored my hair on a whim at 30 something weeks and the color came out awful and I felt even worse!

Is getting a new outfit or two an option at all right now? Where I live I can get away with dresses that I could still wear postpartum too...that's why I got quite a few dresses lately as my bump won't fit in my prepregnancy ones anymore.

Welcome Debbie! I hope your induction goes well!

Northern sorry about how you are feeling! I'm also so over my clothes. I keep staring into my cupboard hoping for something new to pop up! I was pregnant over winter last time too and its hard finding the right clothes to wear. Summer is so much easier. And Rebecca I agree I always seem to find something on my bump that shouldn't be there!

Dini I'm glad you got some stuff done. I hope your dh helps out and does what you need him to do.

Dd and I went to visit a friend yesterday who has a little boy around the same age. We both live in Shanghai but it took an hour and a half to get from my place to hers! We had a lot of fun but I'm not sure I'll make that trip too many more times. She is having his 2nd birthday party on the 24th and I think that will be the last time I go there. Its just too tiring for me now and I just can't imagine making that trip with two kids! She'll just have to come and see me or we'll have to meet in the middle. Its a lot easier for her to travel because she's not pregnant and she's a SAHM so she goes out a lot anyway.
Today I'm going to start sorting dd's room and the baby clothes. I'm almost finished in the office, I basically just need to get the chest of drawers from dd's room in there.

Beanonorder, I am sure you friend will totally understand how tough it will be for you to make that trip much at all once baby is here. I am glad you had a good time though, you need some fun in your life!

Okay now I have a predicament. So the item we want most from our registry at Babies R Us is the Chicco travel system, it's regular price is $329 USD. The shower is Feb. 28th, it has not been purchased as of yet and I really doubt anyone has that kind of money but my Dad and step-mom and I'm guessing they will give us money. Okay so here is where I'm stuck. Babies R Us is having a "trade in event" where you bring in a baby gear item such as a car seat, stroller, bouncer, walker etc and they give you a 25% off coupon good one certain brands of baby gear, and Chicco is one of them. Well a girl at work said lots of people go to goodwill or somewhere and buy a cheap $10 item to trade in and use the coupon on something big, so I could do that and get the travel system for $248 USD. The sale ends on Feb. 21st though so I'd have to do it before the shower. So...would you all go ahead and do that, I'd save about $80 and that is even if I buy something to trade (my MIL is likely to have something I can trade). Or would you just wait and hope to get it??

I thought about asking my Dad if he was planning on buying from the registry, and if he says no just buying it, but I don't really want to seem selfish and ask.

I got my hair done a last month for my birthday to "feel good about myself" and DD got me a gift card to get a mani/pedi, but I haven't used it yet. I felt great for the first few days that my hair looked good because they styled it at the salon Lol, after that.. I'm back into my ole put mouse in it and go to bed so its curly in the morning and I don't have to even do anything to it or put it in up in a bun.. either way, I look like I just rolled out of bed :p Then make up has been a no go for a long time because it takes up sleep time Lol. I have maternity pictures booked for March 7th when I'll be 34 weeks and more huge, miserable, and unattractive... But, I'm planning on getting my hair and make up done before just to try and do something with myself! Lol

I have tried the whole "buy a new outfit" thing and I get exhausted trying on clothes! Lol it's pathetic.. and then I just get frustrated and leave with nothing. I feel like I'm also getting to the end stages where I don't want to buy anything because in two months or less, I will want to buy more items to fit post pregnancy. With DD I HATED wearing anything I wore during my pregnancy afterwards because it was so stretched out or clingy and just after having a baby, you do not want clingy! I went out and bought items to get me through until I fit into my pre pregnancy clothes.

I'm so happy that I'm not the only one that already feels done though! I thought I was having a decent day the other day and thought that I looked awake and alright for once and then one of my coworkers said "You look REALLLLY tired. Are you okay?" ... thanks for that slap in the face :cry:

Oh, and Dini, I would totally buy the item with the coupon :) If you don't get it for your baby shower then I think you will be kicking yourself in the butt for not getting it at that discount! Also, I'm not sure on their return policies at all, but if you do get it for your shower, then you could always return it as well. Most places that I have ever dealt with are good about returning gift items.

Definitely get it Dini! Even if it's on your registry and you don't get it for the babyshower, you'll only get 10 or 15% off it (as the "finish your registry" discount) so you're still saving a lot of money! And like mcwhmm said, on the off chance that you do get it, you could return one. :)

Beanonorder- Glad you have a friend to connect with! Hopefully, she can come out your way. That would be great! :)

Dini- I would go for the discount on the travel system. It's easy enough to return an item if you end up getting it for your shower. At least if you do it this way, you know you will get it for a good price (especially if you don't end up getting it for your shower).

I have a question and I'm not even sure how to describe it. I was in bed on my right side last night just about to fall asleep. Now, I already know this baby isn't a fan of me lying on my side (sorry, baby, I don't have any other options) because she almost always pushes out against the bed when I lie down on my side. But last night was the weirdest thing, she did these really rapid 8 movements almost like she was shaking in there and it sort of scared me a little bit. I moved my position some, and I felt her a little bit to reassure me she was still moving. She has also been moving this morning. But those 8 movements were SO FAST and it was like she was being shaken up as they were all in the same direction at my side. So basically my question is, is it possible for the baby to move really fast in there on her own? (never experienced anything like this last time) Or should I bring it up to my midwife? It's so hard to describe it but I halfway worried if she had a seizure in there or something. It was so fast, the 8 movements happened in about 3 seconds.

It was probably hands and feet and knees scrabbling in one place - sometimes it feels like this baby is vibrating she is moving that much.

I've heard some of the moms at my work talk about this, and although I haven't felt it so far in this one, it happened with DD. She shook so much I thought she was having a seizure. Everything was fine. I think it's just scurrying as such.

I had that feeling the other night. Not 8, but I'd say maybe 5. It almost felt as if she had gotten the chills or something. It was really weird.

Rebecca: If you're worried definitely ask about it. But, I think it's normal. I remember looking it up at my previous pregnancy, I don't remember what exactly happened but I did find people saying baby can have movements that seem like they're vibrating or something. I have felt the same type of movements this time too but I guess since everything turned out to be okay last time I just didn't think of it.

I feel movement like that a lot (well usually every night). Really quick vibrating type movements. It is usually when I am on my right side. It's like the baby is telling me to get off that side and flip over. :haha: I guess I never thought to even be concerned, I am usually just happy to feel the baby move!

Rebecca I could imagine being freaked out but don't worry it happens to me almost daily and I think it's either arms or leg scrambling away. As long as she is still moving regularly after then no need to worry xxx

Hi mcwhmm nice to see a new name here :D

I am away to catch up here now hehe xxx

Thanks girls, I've decided to buy it. I put two on my registry just incase, I'll buy this one off my registry so it goes towards the gift card afterward and if I get a second I'll return it.

Rebecca, I've felt something similar as well but heard others talk about baby feeling like it was vibrating.

So we got our crib in the mail today from DH's mom, grandparents and aunt. Total surprise! I called my MIL and asked why she didn't take it to the shower in two weeks and she said they decided to send the big stuff and we have more coming. I really wasn't expecting that but we are so excited about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->