**April Bunnies 2015**

The baby's movement has been good today, so I'm not as worried about whatever happened last night. I'm thinking it was probably her legs. I completely forgot that I can't contact my midwife right now anyway because they have a 4-day weekend. I could call L&D, but I think I'll just wait on it.
If it happens again, I'll call just to see if it's anything to be concerned about. It wasn't really like a vibrating feeling, though. It was just really fast movement like she was being shaken up.

Anyway, in other news, my husband and I are going to go out for Valentine's Day after all! At first, we thought it wasn't going to be possible, but a place nearby is doing a parents' night out. So, we're going to do that and get a night out together. I'm very excited now! :)

Dini- It's great that you got a crib! What a wonderful surprise :)

Rebecca I had what you're describing happen in my first pregnancy. It was around this point when it happened and I had been told there was a problem but due to the language barrier I didn't know what the problem was yet (this was the ABO). All I knew was I had a high IgG count. So of course these strange movements had me in a complete panic and I was googling side effects of high IgG, seizures and all sorts. But in the end it was nothing. It happened a couple of times. I've never discovered what they're doing but apparently it's normal and nothing to worry about.

Dini that is exciting about your crib! My bassinet arrived yesterday and I'm dying to put it up! But of course I don't have room so it just has to stay in the box.

Hope those of you who celebrate or have plans for Valentines day enjoy them. My dh surprised me by actually acknowledging it.

Ugh I'm still itching really bad.

The lower part of my scalp, behind my ears (sometimes inside them), my neck, back and upper arms, occasionally hands, fingers, feet and ankles.

I've asked dh if he sees anything crawling in my scalp. He kept saying no for weeks but today I've asked him to properly inspect, poor guy has seen everything now, but he says there isn't anything weird going on in my scalp.

It's so awful that I keep imagining scratching myself with a hard massage brush. Or a horse grooming brush.

I've eliminated stevia from my diet and things calmed down slightly. The antihistamine I was prescribed helps me sleep, but I wake up and scratch around 6 hrs after taking it. Started listening to some guided meditation when I woke up and eventually slept again. Dd woke up once but I was barely able to attend her :( I was so exhausted.

I keep trying to look at possible suspects:
-is my lower scalp maybe sweating more than usual?
-I did my root color around late December or early January and the dye made my scalp and behind my ears itchy. Could I still be having an allergic reaction even though I haven't had a color since?
-a few weeks ago I applied some solid perfume behind my ears...I did this for about a week, then realized that the perfume is several years old and threw it out. If I were having a reaction would it spread to my scalp and neck? Would still be there weeks later?

I probably need to see a dermatologist...this is so not normal.

When you wake up to use the bathroom and can't fall back to sleep for two reasons. One... The baby suddenly decided to have a party and it feels like he or she is flailing all body parts around. And two... Your dog shifts positions and keeps kicking you with her paws and each time you move the dog she comes back to the same spot, huffs and starts again!

Perplexed- That sounds really unpleasant! Sorry your itching has returned. I'd probably go back and see the doctor again because there could be another problem causing the itching.

I am SO tired. There is no amount of sleep that can fix this. I've been feeling pretty good since I've been off work but fatigue has definitely set in.

Asked a pharmacist who told me to use something topical. Turns out it has corticosteroids. I got worried and texted my ob who said it was fine. Is it really fine?!

Grr. My iPad and iPhone were giving me massive problems so I have seriously spent almost 4hrs attempting to restore both. I am currently erasing all data and settings from my iPhone and starting new but I had to import 1500 photos to my computer before I did so or I would have lost them all. It's making me angry. But hopefully this will help my phone go faster. My iPad is like new!!

The lower part of my scalp, behind my ears (sometimes inside them), my neck, back and upper arms, occasionally hands, fingers, feet and ankles.

I've asked dh if he sees anything crawling in my scalp. He kept saying no for weeks but today I've asked him to properly inspect, poor guy has seen everything now, but he says there isn't anything weird going on in my scalp.

It's so awful that I keep imagining scratching myself with a hard massage brush. Or a horse grooming brush.

I've eliminated stevia from my diet and things calmed down slightly. The antihistamine I was prescribed helps me sleep, but I wake up and scratch around 6 hrs after taking it. Started listening to some guided meditation when I woke up and eventually slept again. Dd woke up once but I was barely able to attend her :( I was so exhausted.

-I did my root color around late December or early January and the dye made my scalp and behind my ears itchy. Could I still be having an allergic reaction even though I haven't had a color since?
-a few weeks ago I applied some solid perfume behind my ears...I did this for about a week, then realized that the perfume is several years old and threw it out. If I were having a reaction would it spread to my scalp and neck? Would still be there weeks later?

Perplexed, I think you should ask to have them check your bile acids and liver numbers again. Sometimes the cholestasis itching can start long before your numbers ever get abnormal. As long as the itching continues I would insist they keep on testing. :flower:

Perplexed that sounds miserable! I agree if both the pharmacist and ob says it's fine if go for it especially if it helps.

Northern sorry about the fatigue, I'm not looking forward to it myself!

Rebecca, I'm glad you aren't worried about the movements. I'm sure they are nothing to worry about but if you do get too worried just call L&D.

Afm, baby is pretty active today which I love. And I'm waiting on my MIL and her brother so we can finish the painting in the nursery. I'm so ready to be done with painting!

:happydance:I think we're going on a mini get away! The schools are closed for spring break at the end of March/ Beg of April for a week. It will only be 1-2 nights but it is the last time that we'll be able to get away just the two of us. We will either have our dog stay at the house and have someone come let her out or drop her off at the Dog Hotel on our way. I'm thinking a trip to either Sioux Falls, SD (1 1/2 hours away) OR Des Moines (3hrs away). :happydance:

Hey guys haven't really been catching up on here a lot, school and work's got me pretty busy so not much computer time. It's easier to keep track on fb:) I'm in full on nesting mode most days complete with a huge ikea trip last Wednesday so decorating and organizing are in full swing in this house.
I'm pretty sure I have pubic symphisis/pelvic girdle pain, so that't no fun. Getting comfy is difficult at times.
Baby seems really happy and he is super active all the time. Seriously he's always on the move.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Sorry about the itching Perplexed, I hope they can find a reason soon and help you!

How is everyone doing? Home stretch now! I'm 32 today, can't believe it, gone so fast and so tediously slow at the same time. Got half term this week then 4 more weeks (half weeks as I work half the week) then I'm on maternity leave! Can't come soon enough!

Here's our baby boy at 32w+3d...he's so chubby already!
https://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a408/Eidson23/32weeks_zps52edd9bb.jpeg

Oh my goodness Eidson, he is so adorable!

Christina, that sounds lovely! I hope you have a wonderful time!

Maggz, don't worry about not being around much, I tend to go days without getting on with work and my carpal tunnel keeping me away from the computer and typing on my phone lately. I've been doing some light nesting but nothing as hardcore as you yet!

Grey, congrats on 32 weeks!! I keep hearing we are in the home stretch but some days I don't feel that way and others it seems so close.

Afm, today I'm 31 weeks! Yay! Baby seems to be pretty active the last few days, and today I can feel him from low down and high up at he same time so he must be all stretched out.

MIL and her brother and her mom just left, they got most of the painting done, all the trim is done, but the closet needs another coat at least, it seems very resistant to coverage. It was painted a bright blue and we are painting it white but we even used primer. The door frames need another coat as well because they were and even brighter blue (oh the taste of those who lived here before!) But looks like one more day and the painting will be done!

DH's grandma brought a Valentines day present for the baby! She's so sweet, she got him some adorable body suits, 2 layettes, a fleece sleep sack, and two swaddling blankets that all match with little foxes and giraffes on them. I almost bought the body suits at Kohl's a week or so ago but stopped myself because I don't want to buy something that someone else may buy us, so I'm glad I didn't. Also, I over heard them talking about how cute the changing table will look with the crib, so it seems they bought us the changing table too it just hasn't arrived yet. I acted like I wasn't listening and his mom realized I was in the room and everyone looked at each other and changed the subject lol.

Hope the rest of you are doing well!

Perplexed, I think you should ask to have them check your bile acids and liver numbers again. Sometimes the cholestasis itching can start long before your numbers ever get abnormal. As long as the itching continues I would insist they keep on testing. :flower:

Thanks...I'm going to a private clinic right now and I'll ask for the blood tests. I was going to go see a dermatologist but he's not in today. I figure their ob should at least have some insight. I didn't want to take the corticosteroids till I knew for sure there's no alternative.

Edison: the pics look amazing!

Christina: hope you enjoy your getaway

Dini: happy 30 weeks! So sweet of your Dh's gran. It's so exciting that they got you your baby's things. So sweet! My mom bought us dd's changing table last time but I picked it out. I was about to pay for it but she said no and paid for it herself. I was so surprised and touched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->