**April Bunnies 2015**

The ob told me to continue taking the antihistamine and calamine lotion...

There is a lab near the clinic. I went in and requested the liver function test and fractionated bile acid test. Their dr kept asking who ordered these tests and I kept saying no one. They said if I'm suffering itching to do an allergy test too. The bile acid test will take a few days cos it gets sent somewhere else. But will have the other results today or tmr.

Christina awesome about your mini getaway! Even a night or two away can do amazing things!

Eidson those pictures are so clear. Amazing.

Perplexed I'm glad you got the tests done. Although frustrating to deal with I hope nothing serious comes back.

Dini that is awesome that you are starting to get baby things.
I've just sent a list to my mom and MIL about what is still needed for baby. So many people sent stuff over with my mom last time! I figured I may as well at least give some guidelines of what is actually needed.

So I smacked another child today... Not my proudest moment but I was absolutely livid! I took dd to play at a soft play area and this boy of about six kept picking on her. First he took away the books she was looking at and pushed her out of the way. His grandmother saw this and let rip at him so I left it alone. But later he came over while dd was playing in the ball pit and he grabbed her by the hood of her jacket and yanked her across him then grabbed her arm and bent it. That was when I lost it. I smacked him to let her go and then screamed at him. I couldn't stop shaking I was so mad. The grandmother was so apologetic when someone alerted her as to what was going on.
I seriously need a time out. I am absolutely exhausted and all dd wants is my attention. I keep asking her to please just give me some time to myself. I feel like such a bad mom. But the constant getting up and down is killing me. And this week I only have my nanny for two days because I have to give her time off for Chinese New Year. I need to find some good ideas to keep dd entertained so she feels like she's getting some quality time with me.

I wish the getaway was sooner rather than later. I sure need it. However I am off from my internship starting the 19th at 4pm so that's good. My parents are coming on the 21st.

Perplexed I hope you find some answers soon!

Edison those pictures are awesome. So clear!

Aww Bean I feel for you! It must be so tough - could your DH have her for you to have a few hours peace and quiet? I have felt frustrated with DS a couple of times but I have my mum round the corner and DH is never very far away so am lucky. Have you tried some sort of structured class like dance or swimming - something that will def knacker her out a bit? I know that DS always sleeps better and is less clingy if he has been to Rainbow Tots (nursery rhymes and toast!) or Waterbabies.

Edison - those pictures are awesome! I can't wait to see what this bubba looks like but can't bring myself to go for one of those scans as I am afraid I would want to find out the sex but am determined to stay team yellow!

Christina that is fab that you are getting away. We are going to Sherwood Forest on Friday for a few nights at Center Parcs. It has a lovely heated pool and lots of things to do and I am sooo looking forward to it. Hope you have a fab time x

I am catching up with The Tudors - I have downloaded the whole series and love to catch an episode or two when DS is sleeping 😉.

We have the midwife on Thursday so will know for definite whether I can have the baby in my local mlu. Fingers crossed she is ok with it. Then it's just getting round DH who is worried about me going anywhere other than the DGH where I had DS. I have tried to explain to him that I would feel more comfortable being closer to home and also to DS who will be with his Nana. He is stil quite resistant to the idea though unfortunately. Hopefully I can get round him though.

I think we finally found our travel system!

https://www.amazon.com/Graco-FastAc...8&refRID=1MT14GWFK23H78S9ES77#customerReviews

Now we just need to find the crib. We found one that we both really really really really like but it's sold through Ikea. The closest Ikea to us is in Colorado. It's a 6hr drive or a $300 delivery. That's out :haha: Especially since the crib is only $119! :haha:

Oh bean that sucks. I say the same as stripey, any way your DH can pick her up and give you some time? Classes seem like a good idea too!

stripey I have the 1st season of Tudors ready to go, but I'm currently finishing up Gilmore Girls on Netflix haha. I remember watching Tudors when it first came out but I've totally forgotten how it went so I'm gonna start over. Maybe DH will watch it with me when we get some baby time off :)

Me too Northern and Maggz! It doesn't hurt that Jonathan Rhys Myers is drop dead gorgeous 😉 although I think the historical acuracy is a little off in some of the episodes!

Christina I though our IKEA was miles away being in Birmingham and an hour and a bit away...you lovely American and Canadian ladies seem to have to go miles though for some things! I am grateful for living on such a small island lol 😜

Aww Bean I'm so sorry, what a mean kid! I hope you get your DH to take her for a few hours so you can have some alone time. How is it going with him anyway? I think we should have a different set of abbreviations for him, I have a hard time calling him your DH lol.

Me too Northern and Maggz! It doesn't hurt that Jonathan Rhys Myers is drop dead gorgeous 😉 although I think the historical acuracy is a little off in some of the episodes!

Christina I though our IKEA was miles away being in Birmingham and an hour and a bit away...you lovely American and Canadian ladies seem to have to go miles though for some things! I am grateful for living on such a small island lol 😜

A girl from here made it to the Tudors, but just as some random girl one of them hooks up with. It led to her having an awesome role in Republic of Doyle though. If you haven't watched that, you should consider it. It was all filmed here!

That's funny northern, there's an Icelandic actress on Tudors as well! Her name is Anita Briem, I forget what role she played. She was on several episodes though.

Not all stores are so far away. We just live in an area that has less shopping than "bigger" areas. We have to go 3hrs to Des Moines or go to Omaha or Sioux Falls for the bigger stores. Ikea is just... well we need one here (or even by the other stores in Omaha or Sioux Falls :haha: We are getting a bed bath and beyond in 2015! AND we are supposed to get our first dunkin doughnuts! :haha:

I was hoping to take dd to some classes over my holiday but unfortunately because of Chinese New Year everything has stopped until March (which is when I go back to work). So that's why I try take her to the soft play area. Dh is coming to spend the day with us today and he will come a few more times later in the week. I think on one of those days I will get him to take her out for a few hours.

Christina sorry that Ikea is so far from you! We have three here in Shanghai! I'll be making a trip there later this week to pick up a few things. I love going to Ikea... I skyped with dh last night and he suggested I look online for what I need and make a list and he'll go for me. Then he looked at my face and laughed and said you want to go there don't you. Nice of him to offer though.

I watched the Tudors when it first came out but then missed a lot. I've thought about watching it again but I've decided I watch enough things as it is! Maybe when I'm on maternity leave I'll have some spare time!!!

I wanted to hop on to say hello. I'm really tired tonight! I don't know why, though, because I took a nap today.

Anyway..

Eidson- Love those pictures! Your boy looks adorable. I love that dimple :)

Beanonorder- Sorry to hear about what happened to your daughter. That sounds like a terrible kid. I would have lost it too.

Dini- Happy 31 weeks! and GreyGirl Happy 32 weeks! :)

Speaking of weeks, I've been doing something different this pregnancy than the last one.
So, I'll turn a week, but the day after, I start thinking in terms of the next week because I feel like turning the new week is really the completion of that week.
So, even though I'm 32+4 today, I feel more like I'm 4 days in to week 33. So, I end up saying I'm 33 weeks pregnant instead of 32. And I'll say that all the way up until I'm the full 33 weeks. Then the following Thursday, I'll start saying I'm 34 weeks. It's just how I keep thinking of it this time.
Anyone else do that?

I'm beat. I'm going to bed. I hope everyone is doing well!

Rebecca, I do the same thing! I start thinking ahead when I'm about 2 days into the week. It helps things go faster I think :p Speaking of that though... I feel like ever since I hit the third trimester, things have been just been DRAGGING on! Then I think about things in weekends though and freak out. Lol This weekend is my step sister's baby shower, weekend after that we are helping a friend move, weekend after that we are getting pictures done, weekend after that is DDs birthday, weekend after that is DD's pictures, then one free weekend, then easter, then free weekend (possibly) before baby, depending on when she comes! That means we really only have possibly two free weekends until baby girl comes. Most of these things that I mentioned are on Saturday's, but Saturday's are our days that we get stuff done such as cleaning, shopping, setting up for baby, etc, because our Sundays are COMPLETELY lazy and DH goes to work Sunday night (3rd shift). Also, with me being so exhausted all the time and DH being thrown off schedule with being put on 3rd shift, when we have one event on Saturday, we are pooped when we get home! Lol, it's kind of ridiculous.

How was everyones valentine's day? I was surprised that DH even remembered :p He came home from work Saturday morning and took the dresser apart that we are getting rid of and took it to the curb, took out the garbage, and made the bed all while I was making breakfast and then I went back into the room and he had set a present on the bed for me with a card, oreos, massage gift card, and olive garden gift card :)

Rebecca I kinda do the same thing. Once I reach the 4th day of the week I already feel I'm in the next week.

I think I'm the opposite and think I'm barely into the week until +5! I am really scared though of how fast the time is going, I have another US at 32 weeks and then I'll definitely have another at 36 weeks, those milestones are coming around reallllly fast.

When do people start to finish work?

I have 5 weeks of annual leave before starting mat leave on the 14 April. So including this week I have 3 weeks left at work. Next week I am out for a full day for hospital appointments so that isn't a full week :rofl: I can't wait to finish to spend time with my big girls.

It is half term this week. I work part time so I have the girls all today and each morning but my Mum (who luckily works in a school with the same timetable of holidays) will have the girls in the afternoon.

My foot still isn't great for driving so I think my Mum will drive me to the hospital for my GD midwife appt this afternoon.

I should be done with my internship by April 9th. If I do more work from home than usual I'll be done even earlier. Then I will just concentrate on my assignments for classes until I am done/ baby comes. After I have the baby I still have classes but I am not sure if I am going to go or stay home yet. We will have family in town and my classes are only two days a week 2hrs on Wednesday and 3hrs on Friday. It might be a nice break for me to just go! lol.

Rebecca, I do that too with the weeks! Which is kind of scary since I'm considering myself 35 weeks and I'm having the baby at 38!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->