**April Bunnies 2015**

Dini- my wife has gotten carpel tunnel with her pregnancy...and it severely helped when she took her rings off. She wears her wedding bands on a necklace and took another ring she usually wears just completely off. Just a thought! She still feels it sometimes but it's not nearly as bad as before she took her rings off...

Northern: the brown discharge sounds like maybe things are starting! I dunno about the cervix as I'm too squeamish that I never check it for fertility reasons like many other ladies do. I hope you get good news on Tuesday!

Dini: happy 32 weeks! I'm sorry your carpal tunnel. It's so exciting that you have all the major things for the baby now!

These days I feel like my bump has gotten so big that I can't breathe at times. It hasn't been too bad. I think I need to drink more water as I've been cramping a bit in my pelvis and lower back. I think baby is head down, I'd be so surprised if he weren't as I'm sure those are his feet that shuffle and stretch into the top of my bump. But I'm curious which way he's facing! One a side note, I find some of the lower movements; ie when his hands go into my hips, very very ticklish! Has anyone felt like their baby's movements makes them ticklish?

perplexed I think I know what you mean about the lower ticklish feeling! It's weird, huh!

Dini hope you feel better, so glad you got such a great deal on the travel system :D

northern that all sounds very favorable, hope it continues in the right direction.

Today was our baby shower at MIL's. It was great but ended pretty badly with DH's cousin almost assaulting me. DH also drank too much and is currently passed out. So that's kind of overshadowing the great day we had. His dad took pics on our camera though so I'm gonna look at them and hope to pick my spirits up a little...

Perplexed- I only used 2 onesies in hospital with my first! Then when we got readmitted for jaundice, we used 1 pair of sleepers and the take home sweater and hat. I figured I'd pack light this time!

Dini- I use baby washcloths, I had 60ish given to me when my oldest was born!, as well as I cut up a few old flannel receiving blankets in squares, which work great. I only ever use plain water with the wipes, no wipes mixture. I find it super gentle. I just wet before diaper changes, and if we are going out, I pre-moisten a few and carry them in a small disposable wipes container, they come out of the dispenser part just as well as disposable wipes!

Also- 34 weeks today!!! Lost my mucous plug yesterday morning. Though I lost it at 35 weeks with my first son and it didn't mean anything, so not too worried.

Eek! 31 weeks today. Down to single digit weeks.

I read some posts but am on my phone so I'll respond later. I'm actually going to attempt toget some more sleep!

Maggz- That is horrible! Were they all drinking or something? I'm glad that it was a nice shower up until that point and I hope the pictures were able to help you! :hugs:

Eidson reminded me of something with the comment about taking rings off for carpal tunnel.
I found this out the hard way with my last pregnancy, so I figured I'd share. I'd suggest taking all rings off and securing them somewhere safe before you even go to the hospital. I can't remember exactly when it happened anymore, but sometime during my labor with my son at the hospital, my fingers started to swell up and my rings were cutting off my circulation. Luckily, with a lot of soap, we were able to slip them off. They were about to have to cut them off! This time, when I feel like I'm going to go into labor, I'm going to put my rings in a jewelry box until after I've come home from the hospital.

Perplexed- Yes, I have been able to feel this baby's hands for sure and it does tickle! And when I think she turned from anterior to posterior, it was very painful! That's why I'm pretty sure she turned in addition to the feeling of the movements changing. Also, I have a hard time breathing too!

Counting- Happy 34 weeks! I also lost my plug early last time...like 3 weeks before actually going into labor.

Christina- Happy 31 weeks!

Dini- Happy 32 weeks! :) I hope you can find relief for your carpal tunnel. Congratulations on the purchases from your in-laws! How sweet of them. :) Also glad you got a good discount on the travel system. $100 is excellent!

Turns out FIL is a horrible photographer :haha: I'm kinda over it now but it would've been nice to have at least one good pic of me and DH. I really wanted a pic in my outfit as well.
We decided to use the gift cards we got to get cloth diapers, any recommendations for brands/types?

Rebecca no not everyone was drunk but this particular cousin gets very aggressive when she drinks, which is almost funny cause she's so tiny and could never win a fight. It's sad really though, a grown woman who has 3 teenage children acting like that. I could've taken her down lol pregnant or not pregnant ;) But I'm not exactly the fighting type haha!

Sorry ladies that are having pains like carpal tunnel that must really suck. I feel so fortunate that there have been no major issues. I feel bad complaining about my minor (well sometimes it doesn't feel minor lol) PGP.

Happy new week to everyone progressing! Can you guys believe we might have our first "April" Bunny in a few short weeks?!

I really feel the need to start organizing this little man's clothes. Ahh!

I just woke up and need a nap already lol.

I have stuff everywhere. My parents and husband teamed up with a former co worker and a classmate and threw a surprise baby shower. Yep. I got home yesterday to tons of people in the house! lol. It looks like a mini tornado went through my living room and spit out baby stuff. Haha.

My dad and husband are painting the nursery today also!

Northern, how are you??

Eidson, thanks for the tip. I have stopped wearing them at night for sure, and I decided not to wear them today as well. I may have to stop all together soon ;(

Maggz, I'm so sorry to hear about the problems at your shower, that's just terrible. I hope you got some good stuff though and have some good memories to focus on.

I'm getting that PGP myself but not too bad, just noticing that after being on my feet a few hours when I get up I get pretty bad pain in my tailbone and lower back and I waddle for a few minutes lol.

Also my ankles and legs were so swollen yesterday they have never been that bad, I even checked my BP at work and it was perfect, I guess I'm just one of those unlucky people. I have no choice but to be on them at work so I will just have to deal. I'm going to get some compression stockings for work I think.

So has anyone ever had their urine come up positive for ketones? I got online to see my results like I always do and it showed moderate ketones. No glucose or protein but just ketones. I know it's not related to my blood sugars as I was cleared for GD and have still randomly checked them and they are great. I think maybe I was just dehydrated. The office hasn't called about it so I guess I shouldn't worry. I've been trying really hard to drink more water, most days I do well but at work it can be really hard as I'm all over the hospital all day long.

I'm good! I think I severely overdid it over the weekend.

No leaking and only scattered cramping.

Dini I tested positive for ketones a while back. The doctor asked when last I'd eaten and it had been a while. So he wasn't too concerned. Haven't had them again.

Northern glad you are doing OK.

Christina that was awesome about your shower.

Maggz sorry yours didn't end well but I hope you got some nice stuff!

I'm on the way to a birthday party. I think this is the last long trip I take with dd. Thankfully dh is with us for the longest past of the trip but it's just too much for me now.

Northern- I posted a thread a few weeks ago ranting on about pain (lol) and Beanonorder mentioned that you had gone to a chiro for pain? Did this help your pain at all in your pelvic area? I have never been to a chiropractor and going so late in pregnancy really scares me!

Yep! My SI joint was out and restricted. I was terrified but more terrified that something in my hip/pelvic area was just going to snap one day trying to turn over in bed or walk so I sucked it up and went. It was scary the first time but totally fine and really helpful. I need to go back again now as it's getting bad again.

Yep! My SI joint was out and restricted. I was terrified but more terrified that something in my hip/pelvic area was just going to snap one day trying to turn over in bed or walk so I sucked it up and went. It was scary the first time but totally fine and really helpful. I need to go back again now as it's getting bad again.

That's one of my issues too is the turning over in bed. Even things such as standing from a sitting position or just sitting in general can have me in tears though! When I do stand up, I have to stand for a while before I can start walking and when I do walk, I walk like I'm about 99 years old :haha: I'm currently trying to find a comfortable position to do my paperwork for my job, but I have yet to find one as my back and pelvic bones are both screaming at me!

Dh is learning this type of "massage" that can be self administered using some tools. He says it helps with some of his leg pains. He applied some of these methods to me for a few nights in a row a few weeks back when I had hip pains and the pains haven't come back since! The massage itself is painful imo and I dunno for sure if my pains went away bc of the massage or not but I don't mind trying again if they return!

Maggz- Sorry your FIL isn't a very good photographer. My mom isn't a very good one either. I had really worked hard on looking nice for my baby shower, and I thought I'd have some great pictures after my mom took them. I ended up looking blurry or horrible in all of her photos. And she was the only one who got up close enough to take what would have been really clear pictures.
My MIL and SIL both took a ton of photos, but they were really far away trying to not get in the way of anyone else when they were taking pictures. So, I was definitely disappointed. Anyway, it is frustrating!

Beanonorder- I hope your trip goes well! Glad to hear your husband will be able to help out with it. I hope the birthday party is fun!

Dini- Glad to hear that your BP is just fine despite the swelling! I can understand that it would be pretty hard for you to stay off your feet with the job you have. Hope the swelling can go down some.

Northern- I'm glad to hear that things slowed down for you. I know you weren't ready for her to come just yet (and I understand that). 37 weeks isn't too much further away. Hopefully, she'll stay put until then at the minimum. :)

I have to say I've been feeling pretty great this pregnancy. I kept waiting to see if my exercise and healthy eating really were making me feel better. I think I can safely say it has now as I'm getting ready to be a full 34 weeks tomorrow! All day long, I feel so much better than last pregnancy. I feel like I can do so much more.
But I do have a few things that are driving me CRAZY! Holly won't stay head down! I am doing these inversions off of the couch, and I can feel her go in that direction for a little bit, and then she'll pop back out and go transverse. I know it's still early, but it's just aggravating me. Also, I'm done with this lower back pain I'm having at night. I discovered recently that it is directly connected to how full my bladder is. If I have an empty bladder, I have no back pain. So, I guess lying down causes my bladder to put pressure on my lower back. No form of positioning myself will make it stop. I have to get up, pee, and then get back in bed and it's gone. But I'm seriously over it. And it seems that the further along I am, the more my bladder fills up repeatedly throughout the night.
I just needed to get that out! Otherwise, I'm feeling just fine. So, I should probably just be thankful about that.

Mcwhmm, i started seeing the chiropractor at 28 weeks and despite all my other issues it has helped a lot with my hip pain. My SI joint was also out and she fixed it and that has helped. I also had ribs out of place and fixing those helped my back. I'm starting to have those same pains when standing from a sitting position and walking and hoping that she can help with that when I see her on Thursday. I highly recommend seeing one! I also read that seeing a chiropractor during pregnancy can help with labor and turning the baby if it insists on being breech.

Rebecca I am so jealous of how active you've been! I stayed in aquazumba for first tri but once my SI issues kicked in it was just intolerable. I'm craving a ridiculously good cardio session.

Rebecca I'm also jealous about how active you have been! I did try but I unfortunately let everything else going on just get in the way. And then when I did get my mind right with swimming the stupid gym closed the pool! It opens again next week and I'll look at going back again.

The party was good yesterday. Dd had loads of fun. I had a serious pregnancy brain moment though.
I was helping my friend get things ready so dh parked the pram outside the apartment and brought out stuff inside. When it came time to leave I could find the nappy bag but couldn't find my bag anywhere. We spent ages looking for it (and we had been trying to leave early!) and I was getting so upset because both mine and dds passports were in it plus my work USB and my kindle and all my bank cards! Eventually my friend and dh said we must go so I can check at home and she would check the apartment when all the guests had left. I was so adamant I'd taken it with me. But I got home to find it sitting on the couch when I got home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->