**April Bunnies 2015**

Aww I hoped they do work. People say they have contractions from doing them, but I haven't had a single one!

Dd generally sleeps okay and starts waking up if she's cutting a new tooth or sick. She was cutting a new tooth a while back but I wonder if there's a new one coming. Not easy to peek into her mouth anymore these days she's so opinionated :)

Maggz that must be so frustrating. :hugs: I wish there was some sure fire method to get labor to start. If pumping doesn't work for you, you could always stimulate your nipples manually. It's a bit tedious, but might work better since you can manage the pressure etc. and if it's pleasant it should help produce more oxytocin.

:haha: I'm glad we're past TMI here, can you imagine another venue where you could suggest another woman play with her nipples? :haha:

Lots of contractions today. Please get stronger & more regular. Please please please! ](*,)

DH is so good, he suggested we take DD to the museum tomorrow to distract us. It's nice having something simple to look forward to. :)

Tara lol! Only on a pregnancy forum is nipple simulation okay to talk about! That's actually something I'm not planning to try. After my past breastfeeding experience I'm very squeamish about my nipples.

While we're on that topic, when dd was still breastfeeding I used to leak when she cried sometimes. Now these days I don't leak much or often at all but I've realized that some of the instances where I did leak coincided with her crying. Is that odd?

I hope your contractions do get stronger and regular Tara!

Hope they get stronger Tara! fx

Hahahhaha you guys wouldn't believe this but a coworker of mine actually started talking to me about "playing with my nipples" and having my DH do it too as soon as she found out I was pregnant!!! She would mention it every time we worked together!! :rofl:

Perplexed I think that's normal - I've heard about that before at least.
Hope your dd is getting a tooth and it will be over soon.

Me too. Every night we wake up like this I get really scared how I'd do this with an infant that already will be needing attention round the clock. But normally when morning comes I brush these thoughts out of my head and say well I can't make s game plan when I don't know how it will be.

I'm pretty sure tmi doesn't exist here at all. Lol

I was on my exercise ball a little while ago and my husband came in. He looked at me funny. I said I'm hoping this will help bc nothing else does. I went unless you want to ya know.... And he walked away going "nope too weird" lol. I tried.

This is totally random but I was getting cranky at my sister these last few days. My nephew is almost 17 months and doesn't like napping during the day. However he gets cranky around 6ish and starts to whine. His bedtime is supposed to be 8. I told my sister to let him wear himself out and fall asleep for the night. Does she do it... No! She takes a nap with him!! From 7-9:45pm. Seriously? Don't complain he doesn't sleep at night then. He doesn't sleep because he is energized after a nap that goes until almost 10pm. That kid needs a schedule. Sorry. Rant over. Lol

Perplexed your DD is also at an age where separation anxiety can be an issue and she may sense that something big is happening. Once baby is here and she adjusts she will probably be a lot better. :hugs:

Maggz I can't believe a coworker would talk to you about that! Especially so early in your pregnancy, that is just weird! :rofl:

Christina my DH was weirded out by dtd later in my first pregnancy too. Fatherhood has made him much less squeamish. ;)

Contractions were quite regular for a few hours but tapered off again. Maybe I'm doing labor on an installment plan. :haha:

Beautiful bump Amelie :flower: I miss mine soon much!

Wonder who will go next! It seems to be baby's born in waves on here lots altogether

This thread is getting so quiet now but I guess everyone busy with their babies xxxx

My friend with the same EDD her waters have broken today, the other had her baby yesterday.

Statistically 50% of babies arrive before their EDD, so I assume now I'm the one with the baby arriving way after it!

I have been trying to harvest colostrum - which I did very seriously in my last pregnancy. What I know about nipple stimulation is until about 30 years ago it wasn't considered it would send you into labour and it was advised for all women to help with the 'flow of colostrum' - so women would be told to do it from 30 odd weeks.

Then someone got freaked out about prem labour - it is the sort of thing where if your body was going to 'go' anyway it may give it a push.

Everything I read though said sex was far more likely to cause that.

I think in early labour nipple stimulation might help things gain momentum but right now for me it just causes a hell of a lot of BHs that make me tired and I don't think do anything.

Tara I think you're right about separation anxiety. The other day she heard the door and couldn't see me (I was on the couch with its back to her while she was playing near my mom) and she got so upset that it was me who was leaving that she cried and ran fast and tripped!! Then when she realized that I wasn't the one who touched the door she went back to business as usual...

Scottish: I missed my bump a lot after having dd. i couldn't watch one born every minute anymore from how much I missed my bump/pregnancy :haha:

Amelie: the dr I sometimes go to at a walk in clinic worries a lot. I asked about the colostrum leaks and she said its normal but don't try to stimulate your nipples. I wonder why?

Another dr told me from her experience women of my ethnic background rarely reach their edd and that I seem to be from the very few that go over :haha:

Hi ladies you have been busy overnight lol! (Although prob isn't overnight for you doh!). Still nothing this end other than a bit of pressure and crampy like pains but nothing more than that. Grrrr half of me wants to just go into labour but OH is on nights now so that would be quite inconvenient. If bubba could wait until tomorrow eve we will be ok - tbh I don't think anything is going to happen anytime soon. Am going to go for a walk with DS and my Mum this am mainly to try and tire him out! Much as lounging on the sofa all day eating pineapple would be preferable a nearly two year old does not appreciate that kind of laziness 😜

Perplexed - my DS started waking in the night at about 18 months and I think it was his molars and separation anxiety. He had all his canines at the same time as well and they bloody hurt bless him so if it teeth it is the biggies coming through now. DS still takes a bit of settling at bedtime due to the separation anxiety and I am worried that as soon as I settle him when the baby is here the baby will start up! Preparing myself for some sleepless times yawn.

Maggz - the nipple thing I have tried but haven't gone as at to use the pump yet. Maybe that's next on my list! I can manually stimulate them to produce colostrum but it has been a while and my booby milking skills are not what they used to be! I really hope your bubba comes before your OH has to go back. At least if you do get induced you will beat me - I've got to wait until Sunday boooo.

Scottish - I really missed my bump last time. Every time I watched someone preggers on the telly or saw someone at work I would be jealous! Silly I know 😜

Tara - I hope your contractions stay put for you and that you get to progress in your labour. I haven't had any yet just cramps x

Christina - I agree on the whole routine thing. If he is Whitney at 6ish shouldn't she be putting him to bed earlier?8pm is quite late for a little one. Routine is def the key - we have had one in place since DS was born and it has made the world of difference. You get your evenings back too!

Ok I saw the dr in the walk in clinic for a sweep, and I'm 2 cm dilated. My bp was high and she says my swelling looks bp related...did a u/s and says fluids are 2.6 or something like that and the placenta looks like grade 3. I asked if she would recommend an induction (as the dr who'll do my delivery recommended) and she said yes the sooner the better...like no more than 2 days and if I have another episode of reduced movement then I should get induced on the spot.

Stripeycat i missed your post. It seems the big teeth do come out together and I noticed a new one in the back. I think you could still go into labor today and I hope your oh can still be there.

My dizziness and headache are getting worse. I don't know what I'm supposed to do in this case?

Stripey hope little one waits for your OH to be off work haha :) Although mine seems to be waiting for him to go back!

Perplexed wow that's intense, does your doctor say the same as the clinic one? Dizziness and a headache seem like a bp issue too, don't wait too long to get checked out hon...!

Tara anything picking up??

Nothing over here... I feel like it's become a routine that I feel crappy in the evening with lots of shooting pains, baby moving and causing discomfort, and then occasional contractions. Nothing that's leading to anything more. Now it's early in the morning and I'm pissed at DH cause he got drunk and played video games all night and I feel like that's incredibly selfish and irresponsible since we're, ya know, waiting for the arrival of our child!! Urgh :growl:

Scottish it has been pretty quiet since half the group had their LO's. I miss everyone but I will likely be the same if he ever comes! :p How are you doing?

Maggz wow, your DH must be having a little vacation before LO comes. I would be pissed too! But... He will change as a dad, maybe forgive him for being a boy one last time before life forces him to really be a man. Good thing your labor didn't start with him drunk though!

Perplexed keep us posted, it sounds like your BP & all is no longer good and it's time for that LO to come on out. Good luck whatever happens, will be thinking of you!

Stripey my contractions come and go and tapered off again last night. *sigh* Hoping walking around the museum this a.m. will help. I'm lucky to have a 6-year-old rather than a 2-year-old at this point, she handles my laziness okay. ;) You must be exhausted!

I missed being pregnant after DD was born, but more in having to share her with everyone! I was very jealous of everyone holding her. People kept taking her and I felt like they were taking a part of my body. I was like, That is mine, give it back!! :haha:

Stripey- who knows. Lol. I think 8 is a little late but I also think she'd be less stressed and he would be less destructive if he had a routine. Her status message last night at 11pm- my time so 12am her time was that they had taken a long nap and he was still up!!!!!

Since having lo I've still been very active on the fb group but less on here... If you haven't joined the fb group yet, you guys should!

I have been following the Facebook group as well but it's feels weird posting all the tmi on there even though I know it is a closed group lol! Have been v.busy this am went for a long walk with DS and my mum. Have bought some clary sage oil and jasmin oil after talking to a lady at our local alternative remedy shop. Also need to massage certain bits on my feet? So will get DH in on the act later lol 😜. I will try anything within reason apart from caster oil etc yuck.

Maggz: my dr said my fluids are low but didn't explain beyond that and said based on fluid levels we should set an induction date. Lol my dh is also getting on my nerves the past few days...except in my case he's not behaving any different than usual lol.

Tara: it really feels like baby would be better out than in at this point. Thank you :hugs: I know what you mean about sharing you dd, I felt that way for a long time too.

I also don't have Facebook unfortunately.

Cramping a bit more but nothing to be excited about. Dr thinks baby is properly engaged and won't pop out of my pelvis anymore, but his head isn't fully in yet. I have a weird feeling that he's probably dropped. Very weird sensation in my pelvis!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->