**April Bunnies 2015**

Perplexed let us know if you get it checked out what they say. I thought I might be leaking but doc said it was physiological discharge (??) and if it were my waters it would be a constant leak.

Stripey the race is on!! Haha!

Christina hope you can get a nap in :)

Amelie I agree - you've done so good with your GD you deserve some kind of medal :thumbup:

So I have an appointment today, also going for a follow up to the chiropractor. I'm gonna ask for a sweep for sure, and I'm considering if I should ask to book an induction. I'm so torn on this as I really want a natural birth with no interventions, and I really want this little man to have all the time he needs in there, but I also don't want DH to have to leave again and risk missing the birth. I figured since I'm 40 weeks now the baby won't be harmed or anything, but I'm still not convinced. Induction kinda scares me. Are there any other "soft methods" of inducing besides a sweep, something that wouldn't risk intervention like pitocin does?

I think baby may have dropped a little more. I have this horrible pressure low down but I can really only feel it when I stand/ and walk. If I'm sitting I'm okay. i have those crampy/ stretching feeling as well and it hurts!

As for a nap I fell back to sleep this morning. But I may curl up in the couch soon lol.

There was no fluid to be tested I guess and things look fine. Just discharge apparently. all of a sudden I feel so nauseous and out of it. I bet it's the milk box.

Maggz I really get your reasoning, and lots of women have really positive inductions.

Just weigh up the risks other than gestation.

My main reasons for wanting to avoid induction are that is really believe it is more painful, the risk of hemmorhage and the much higher risk of needing an emergency csection.

The situation with your DH potentially being away is beyond my experience though :hugs:

Maybe consider accupuncture - I know when you are overdue it can work really well.

What was your EDD based only on your cycle and ov. Date? I know I will be comforted when I go overdue by the fact baby isn't due in my mind until nearly a week after my official EDD based on scans.

I just realized there is 10 days left till my edd. I'll be in single digits tomorrow. Oh my! lol

Due date is tomorrow. Had an appointment today. Still 1cm(have been for two weeks). Shes head down, curved like a c with her butt under my right boob. Shes face up. Ob was gonna do a sweep but shes up too high still, hasnt really dropped. I had an nst and ultrasound. They said she looked great. Going back Monday for another nst.

Amelie my BH are the same, if I think about it I have one! Strong, too.

Maggz I'm so glad your DH got more time at home! Sending you tons of labor thoughts to get that LO moving! :)

Scottish I think that's part of why my first labor was so awful, dd was not engaged at all and they just put me on pitocin straight away, forcing my uterus to contract hard to force engagement and dilation. They didn't break my waters the rest of the way first or anything. :growlmad: Bouncing on my ball as we speak but I'm not sure it's helping! :p

Perplexed I have been having a very similar experience with random little floods of wetness. They checked the fluid and it wasn't my water either. Super weird. When my water broke with DD it was a very slow trickle that was just a bit pinkish and never stopped, so that's what I'm looking for now.

Kept dd home from school today because she had terrible allergies. Normally I may have sent her anyway but I wanted her doc's opinion on what to give her & tbh it's nice having a day just the two of us. :) Went to lunch with DH and he said, "I feel good today. I'm ready (for the baby)." So we have that going for us. :flower:

dinner smells so good and I wish it would cook faster lol. I'm making smothered meatballs. Made meatballs from scratch and then they will cook and I will then mix in sauce and put a bunch of mozzarella cheese over the entire thing. Gonna make some broccoli with it. Yummy.

Aw that's sweet Tara :)

Perplexed that's good it wasn't waters at least. I've started using panty liners every day it's so annoying lol but beats changing my underwear 3 times a day :rofl:

MrsA glad everything's okay!

Amelie honestly I don't remember when I ovulated but I think the due date is fairly accurate based on my LMP and I usually had normal 29 day cycles.
That was my main concern too, the interventions that may be necessary if I'm induced and my body doesn't agree with it. That's the part that makes me scared. My appointment is in a little over an hour so I guess I'll find out soon enough what the doc thinks! Crossing fingers that maybe they could do the cervadil or whatever and that will be enough (if a sweep isn't).

Did I mention it's snowing here? 70 degrees all week and then boom, several inches of snow. No walk for me today! :p Spring here is hilarious. :)

Yuck. Snow. They are saying we could get a rain snow mix here on the 24th. Considering Iowa has some insanely bipolar weather it wouldn't surprise me but I sure hope it doesn't.

I figured out the itchiness on my face. It's more on the sides of my mouth and it is just really dry skin. It's weird because I havent had that before. It just randomly showed up... I wonder what is causing it because I'm not doing anything different.

I got out tonight for a little while which was nice. It was an event at the art center in collaboration with the university magazine that publishes stories and poems and art. It was a nice time. Only thing that drove me nuts is all the people that came up to me going "oh my your still pregnant!!" Well yeah ... As much as I want the kid out I am still only 38w4d. Then I get the "oh it won't be long now". Lol

Tara that's hilarious :haha: Kinda sounds like Iceland.

My appt went okay, his head isn't low enough to do a sweep but I'm 2cm and about 80% effaced so at least something is happening... They are gonna call me in the morning to let me know when they can fit me in for an induction. I'm a little nervous I'm not gonna lie. I'm so hoping that something happens tonight, but it's not looking promising. Been having occasional contractions, baby's moving a lot, and a lot of random shooting pains, but nothing regular or anything indicating labor.
The chiropractor was surprised I hadn't gone into labor after the first adjustment and told me to come back in the morning if nothing had happened still, he said he was almost positive something would happen tonight. I'll take it with a grain of salt lol but I do hope he's right.

Stripey what's going on with you??

Tara: Wow! Snow! I live in a warm climate...I would love a little bit of cool air now. So hot already!

Christina: It's funny when people say it won't be long now when it feels like each day is a year long.

Maggz: I hope things get started for you! If not then I hope your induction date is close!

I had a weird case of the trembles earlier...so I ate some cereal. Low blood sugar I guess?

Oh you are all so close now eekk! We are over half way through April already yikes! Time goes so quickly

I have my appointment this morning. I guess it's technically my 38w appt despite being almost 39w lol. I hope with how I've been feeling that something is going on but who knows.

Nothing Maggz 😞 by this point with DS I was in L and D with monitors etc and was about 5cm dilated. Today nothing! I am not even feeling that much pressure today so I don't know if the head has moved up a bit. I cleaned like a demon this morning and am going to take it easy for the rest of the day taking advantage of DS being in nursery. I should stop being so impatient but I want to meet the baby now!!

Christina - it is so irritating when people are like "oh you haven't had the baby yet then" uh no! Obviously! I had sooo many people messaging me yesterday on my due date - I'm sure they mean well but even my brother asked me if I had popped yet seriously????

Perplexed - how are you feeling? I suppose it is a race between me, you, Tara
and Maggz now! Although they won't induce me til the 26th so I suppose the way I'm feeling at the moment I will probably be the last one 😉

Tara - how are you feeling? Will they do anything at your due date appointment?

Stripey I understand how you feel! I'm okay. Something about going past when dd was born even though this time I've had so many signs that I'll go into labor soon, when with her I had nothing, is really getting me down! But baby & I are both healthy (despite me being in pain :p) so I'm trying not to be so impatient. If his head has dropped any lower I could try to go in today for another attempt at a sweep, but I am starting to think he's not going to go low enough until I'm actually in labor. :shrug: My appt was for Monday but they cancelled me and moved me to Tuesday. All I can do until then is wait, I guess.

Maggz I'm so glad at least something is happening for you. I really hope your chiro was right! Either way keep us posted. I figure you'll be the next of us to go!

Perplexed I get the trembles randomly too. It's like my system just can't handle stuff right now. :haha: I would love to send you some of the fabulous spring weather we've been having, I don't even mind the snow really since I know being hot when this pregnant is the worst!

Christina I'm with you on the "Haven't had that baby yet?" So frustrating. Every day when I take my dd to school & pick her up I hear it. "Still haven't had that baby yet, huh?" I just want to be like No, I did. He's just at home in the crate.
:rofl:

Ugh I'm due tomorrow, but at this point it means nothing. I feel like this baby is a traitor, sent here by my enemies to make me suffer. :haha: Okay I just feel huge and over it! Thinking of going to the doc today just in case there's any chance for a sweep, but I probably shouldn't bother... :coffee:

Stripey I think it'll seriously be a domino effect for the four of us. If one of us has her baby the rest will soon follow!

Tara I'm also thinking of going to see if I can get a sweep tomorrow morning too...I dunno why my aunt things sweeps are "bad" and that we "shouldn't force baby to come too soon". But I suppose it's just her experience with an induction gone bad. Not sure if she knows I was induced with dd and had 2 sweeps after my due date :haha:

I am also incredibly sleepy. Sure I was up with dd for about an hour or two but we both totally slept in anyway so it feels like I shouldn't be this sleepy. I've been increasingly sleepy the past few days which is weird. I am not a person who could randomly just take a nap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->