**April Bunnies 2015**

I got good sleep and feel happy today :flower:

This is my most pregnant I have ever been day!!! I am so proud to get this far. I just want this little girl to come on her own - but it'll still be worth it to have let her cook as long as possible.

MW today. I'm not going to push for a sweep. I'll wait if needed as long as she can book me in for 2 before any induction date.

I should get my induction date today. I must put it to the back of my mind though. There is every chance she will arrive in the next few weeks.

Thanks ladies :) it all feels so surreal. I will get around to writing about it so I don't forget the details.

Tara: hope to hear that you had a positive sweep!

sharnw: hope you go before 41 weeks! At what gestation did you have your dd?

Maggz: inductions don't always go wrong, especially if your body is already geared for labor. They can start with the less invasive ways and see how you progress. Good luck & I hope there's a spot for you :flower:

Bean: my dd used to throw up a lot too. Not a lot of baby sick but quite constantly in the early days.

Amelie: I really love how relaxed you are :hugs: wish I could have been half as relaxed through both pregnancies.

It is a good job I am feeling jolly really - baby completely free and pretty much oblique. The mw would have done a sweep today if she could have but obviously couldn't with the head being free. She wants to see me on Friday to try again. It is very difficult, I barely sit on the sofa and I am very active. I can't do a huge amount to help I don't think! She bobs in sometimes because I can feel the pressure but I can't control that really.

No induction date today - which I'm pleased about. We'll sort that out on the 28th if I'm still pregnant.

I'm having a case of baby blues :(

Dd was happy to see the baby at first but later on she cried while i was breastfeeding him and wanted me.

Dh came to spend the night with me at the hospital but fell asleep as soon as I got out of the shower and we didn't talk at all today. Feels so lonely.

There's a lot of tension between my closest group of friends and it's making us all keep our distance.

Breastfeeding is worse than what I remember it. I really don't want to do it. The latch is painful and I keep being told that it's a good latch and I don't know how to fix it.

While my induction went well- I had my bloody show before it and was 3-4cm by the time I was first examined, I'm a bit traumatized by the labor. I had back labor and went hysterical in panic. This wasn't the experience I wanted and hoped for.

:hugs:

Your DD is very young - she will be a little confused and maybe seem upset, but you have given her a sibling and before you know it they will be best friends :hugs:

Is your DH very tired too? Hopefully for some sleep you can start to really bond as a family of 4 x

My sisters FB status: "Real life: my son likes to put pizza and goldfish in his diaper- _-"

I seriously just burst out laughing so hard I startled the dog up from her nap. :haha:

I was dancing to music in the kitchen while pounding out chicken for chicken parm tonight and I'm now extra crampy and have gotten 3 ctx in the last half hour. All my husband says is "I want my chicken parm tonight. Can I eat it in L&D?" Ha. Def. not to that point yet but I probably shouldn't be dancing. hehe

Perplexed- I cant give any input on the breastfeeding as I am not there yet. I hope it does start getting better. I think just give your daughter some time. She will love her sibling. =)

Amelie- I'm glad things are working out how you want them to!

Sorry perplexed :( the first few days of bf are hard as baby just cluster feeds constantly to bring in milk. I feel like giving up when going through a difficult feed but i remind myself it's early days and it is getting easier one week in. As for feeling lonely, can u speak to family to come see you and keep company as I find you need company for first week when baby blues hit. I got the blues on day 3 pp but they are gone now. I hope u feel better soon it is also tough with a toddler so I totally empathise with you. Sending u hugsxxxx

Perplexed she came out at 40+2. This baby just doesn't want to come out haha x

:hugs: so to read you have baby blues :hugs:

Perplexed I'm sorry you're having a hard time with so many things feeling wrong.
I know it's frustrating but don't listen when they tell you the latch is good. If it's not feeling good then unlatch him straight away and latch again. Even if you have to do it ten times. I'm in agony at the moment because I got lazy about unlatching. Most of all, don't feel forced to do something that is making you desperately unhappy. Even if you give a little formula it's doesn't make you a bad mom!

Your dd will start to settle! It will take a while - we're still working on it! But take one feed at a time and you'll start seeing some improvement. I try to spend some quality one on one time with dd, even if it's just 15 minutes.

Lastly, it's doesn't feel like it now but the memory of a traumatic birth does fade. My first was awful and I honestly believed we'd never have a second because I would never get over the bad feelings. But I did! Give yourself some time and allow yourself to grieve not getting the birth you wanted.
*Big hugs*

Perplexed I'm so sorry to hear you're having a hard time. It's so normal to feel that way but I know that doesn't make it any easier. Baby blues is short lived and soon you should start feeling better and better. Until then ask for all the support you need and just try to take care of yourself. <3 Bean is right on with everything she said. Don't put undue pressure on yourself. And if it helps to post about it, post all day & we will send :hugs: right back.

My appointment went well this morning. She was able to do the sweep, so we shall see if that does anything. I certainly hope so, anything that unpleasant should come with a guarantee! :p TMI, I've also definitely been losing my mucous plug today, starting just before my appointment. So that's an unexpected development. If neither of those things lead to anything then I'm going in for induction first thing Saturday morning.

I feel kind of guilty scheduling an elective induction at only a week overdue. But to be honest I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders knowing I'm not going to still be in this holding pattern at this time next week. I still hope to go into labor naturally before then, because I would really like to know what that's like. But I only really feel guilty because I know how many women would scold me to be patient and not force my baby to conform to my schedule. But this is the right decision for me. :thumbup:

I'd better check Facebook too. This two sites thing gets me all confused. :p

Eeekk!! Tara it sounds like you are on your way :dance:

Maggz you are quiet??

I updated on Fb yesterday that I thought I was on early labour... My contractions stopped overall :(
But they have started again today, been going for 3 hours, light and ranging 10-15 minutes apart.. I hope I'm in early labour now lol. My plug has been coming out bit by bit and I am leaking light brown/pink liquid sorry tmi :flower:

I was looking for Maggz too. Hope she went into labor before her induction which was scheduled for today and all is well.

Sharn I hope this is it for you! Sounds like your water has broken, have you been checked?

Yay I forgot she was getting induced :)

I might get checked in a few hours to see if it was my waters :)

Hope you have good progress Tara :yipee:

Thank you ladies for your support :hugs: it really means a lot.

I'm glad you were able to get your sweep Tara. It sounds like things are getting started for you. Good luck on your induction if you make it to then.

Amelie: I feel the psychological effects of the labor hit dh pretty hard, they did both times. The experience was probably more traumatic this time due to my panic. He tends to feel sick after stressful situations and sleeps a lot.

Bean: I hope the feelings do fade. Maybe it's a good thing as I wouldn't be so broody so early after having him like I was with dd lol!

Sharnw: I hope your contractions get started again.

Hopeful that Maggz's labor already started before her induction!

Hey girls, sorry to keep you in suspense :haha: But no such luck as going into labor, just been busy doing homework and last minute things before going in tomorrow morning for the induction. It's as usual, some irregular contractions during the evening but nothing more. Would love to go into labor before getting induced! Got a call from the hospital telling me they wouldn't have room for me at 6am like planned so I'm supposed to call at 10am to see if they can fit me in at 11/12. Oh well, guess it just means more time in the morning for a nice breakfast or something while trying not to freak out hahaha

Tara I feel just like you about scheduling the elective induction, but DH's work really isn't giving us a choice by now. It's the right choice for us and we shouldn't have to feel bad :hugs: But I do hope your sweep worked :thumbup:

Perplexed I'm sorry so many things seem sucky right now. I hope your friends are still coming round and being happy for you?? Are you and DH okay?
Like the others said, your DD will adjust soon to the new baby :hugs:

Christina lol dancing yourself into labor wouldn't be the worst thing, right ;)

sharnw hope it starts up for you again, these bodies of ours are just teasing us too much!

what about Stripey??

Happy due date to me!

Now to get it over with and settle into being overdue...

Good luck Maggz today!

Thanks Maggz :) goodluck for tomorrow. A lovely breakfast before your induction is perfect :)

Happy Due date Amelie :D

Nothing me for me either ladies I am afraid &#128542;. I am trying to forget that I am overdue tbh and just what will be will be! OH has had to go back to work today but he can start his paternity leave whenever I have the baby so not too bad. He is only on day shifts for the next three days now and is only a few miles away if anything does happen. Mw is coming tomorrow and will hopefully give me a sweep. I feel soooo much pressure down below but nothing else it is v.frustrating.

Maggz - good luck for your induction fingers crossed it all goes well for you and you get to meet your little man soon so exciting!

Amelie - happy due date - you are awesome to be so relaxed - it must be lovely for you to have got this far without complications. You are probably the only one who doesn't mind goig overdue too much!

Sharnw - hope things get started properly for you soon x

Christina - having a boogie around the kitchen obviously does the job I will give it a go later!

Plan to spend most of this morning in my pjs and I am not going anywhere! Luckily DS likes mornings in his pjs as much as I do! He is refusing to eat his cereal deciding to drink all the milk instead but hey

Good luck maggz I hope the induction goes well!!!

Happy due date Amelie xxxxx

Good luck and labour vibes to all still waiting :hugs:

Hi ladies, congratulations on all of you who have had your babies and good luck to those who are waiting.

I lost track of this thread ages ago as it seems most of you ladies live in a different time zone to me and I found I couldn't keep up. I just wanted to update you all that I had my little girl last night, she was born 2 minutes past her due date and I had her at home. She's a little chunk at 8lb 4oz compared to DS who was only 6lb 14oz. I managed on gas and air and had a 5 hour labour from my waters breaking. No tears and she's just perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->