**April Bunnies 2015**

If it's been three years, chances are the product won't be the same thing. Things are constantly upgrading. The one I posted looks basically like the same thing just a little smaller. It had about 6 different "sway" settings, and then each setting had settings for the amount of power.

Yeah, it does seem like a larger version of the one you showed. They do still sell it. It's $126.00. It's called the Fisher Price i Glide Cradle Baby Swing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMFV4esyWpI

But now that I have found it, I see it has bad reviews. It looked really cool at the time. Most people say it stops working well after a few weeks.

That looks so handy! What are your must-have baby items?

This is what I'm aiming for:

A white crib
A Moses Basket
This bath tub: https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/baby...637-item.html?ikwid=bath&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=1
A swing
A rocker for myself
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/272116002459749620/ THESE if it is a boy! :) :)

Ours are:
A pack-and-play system (to replace a bassinet)
Boppy
A swing-the round bowl shaped ones! I had a stationary chair like them when my son was born and I love they they made it as a swing now!

That's it so far...still looking of course. I'd like to try those Woombies...has anyone used them?! They look so comfy and they didn't exist 8 years ago with my son...

So ladies!! I'm curious when your doctor's office will do your first ultrasound? Do you have yours scheduled already?

GAH! I'm dying over here! I wanna see my baby/babies! Not knowing how many are in there is such a crazy feeling! (we did ivf).

Hoping I get one early!

So ladies!! I'm curious when your doctor's office will do your first ultrasound? Do you have yours scheduled already?

GAH! I'm dying over here! I wanna see my baby/babies! Not knowing how many are in there is such a crazy feeling! (we did ivf).

Hoping I get one early!

Ours is in less than two weeks, our doctor (military hospital) does them at 8 weeks.

If they did IVF and implanted two blasts...I'm SURE you'll get an early u/s! It'd be crazy not to.

My gosh this thread is busy!! I know I will miss someone so I'm sorry ;(

mmdrago - Welcome and how cool would that be if you had your baby on your birthday! A family tradition!!

Northern I'm so glad your ms is better today.

aknqtpie - Thanks for asking about me!! I feel pretty good today. No more signs of the spotting my cramps are a little less today, just dull "full" feeling and occasional twinges. I am going to call my OB just to see what they think and maybe plant in their heads that they should scan me at my first appt on Aug. 26th! If they don't I'll pay out of pocket at the RE probably sometime that week.

I had a little queasiness this morning but nothing major. I can't remember who asked about the loss of appetite but I am with you!! I thought I was weird! I get hungry in the morning but sometimes I'm queasy so I eat light, and I eat a good lunch because I know I have too and I kinda make myself, and dinner..I can take it or leave it!! I eat because I know baby needs it.

I think I may be a little constipated, I feel pressure when I go to the bathroom that feels like it does when I do get constipated but I have been able to go most days but I feel like there is more lol..but then I'm bloated and gassy, especially after eating salad or raw veggies, today I discovered that broccoli and I are not friends anymore lol.

As far as must have baby items...for me, just a healthy baby! I can't even think of what I want yet except for this to be a healthy full term baby. Maybe after the scan I'll think more about it, but I really just think it'll be after the first trimester is over that I start thinking about it.

Raye - My first appointment isn't until September 11.. Way too far away.. I will be a little past 8wks going from my LMP.. but I think I am a little further along and I O'd early..

Dini - Glad you are feeling better.

I haven't even started thinking about the stuff I need to buy. I am waiting until at least after the ultrasound to start plotting that out. I am in the process of selling my house right now (it closes next month) and then OH and I are looking to buy, hopefully getting into something by January (that's when the lease is up in the place we are renting). So I don't want to buy anything big until we move into a new house, just less things to try and store and move. I imagine though I will start keeping an eye out on craigslist and the Facebook buy/sale/trade groups for some stuff I can get for cheap.. like a pack and play and swing and stuff. Maybe some furniture for the baby room.. like a dresser.

Must have stuff this time around:
-An assortment of wraps and carriers because I want my hands free to give plenty of attention to both children.
-A boppy infant pillow because when I worked in a daycare I noticed babies LOVED just chilling on them. Not the nursing pillow..this is the one that is like a seat.
-I do want a nice swing. I didn't invest in that last time and I wish I had. I want one that lays back and is nice and soft.
Those are the main things I've been wanting.

My first ultrasound is August 25th. I canNOT wait! I have got to know how far along I am and get my due date right for sure.

We luckily still have our crib--it's convertible so we just moved DD out of it before Christmas. It's in pieces around our house right now! And I took back a few baby things from my sis when she moved last weekend. :)

I could list about 90, but top things we'll need:
Co-sleeeper
Swing/glider thing
Comfy gliding chair w/ gliding ottoman--gave mine to my cousin a few years ago!
A nicer diaper bag--purse-style!

I am lucky, I have a few friends who had babies last year, and they are all hoping that my baby is the same gender as theirs, so they can give me stuff :haha: One of my girlfriends is going to give me some of her bigger stuff, since her second baby was her last she is going to have.

I already have most things as DS is only 21 months & we've never really got rid of anything. The main thing I want to get is a poddle pod for cosleeping, and we might get a smaller cot to sidecar onto ours (DS is still in our existing cot, which turns into a junior bed). We have a cosleeper crib but it was cheap & not as sturdy as I'd like.
Most of DS's baby clothes were loaned to friends, but we'll get them back. If we have a girl then we'll buy a few outfits I guess, but a lot of DS's stuff is quite neutral as we didn't know what gender he would be.

And RayeAnne, our first scan is a week on Monday when I'll be 7-8 weeks. We have an early one as I have a history of early losses/chemical pregnancies. I'm hoping we'll still get the standard 12 week one too. May have to opt to ask for the NT measurement to get it though, which we didn't do with DS.
Kirsty, I feel reassured knowing you're having these twinges too! Solidarity sister :haha:

Tara - I'm sorry but the crying at laundry made me lol!

I don't get an U/S until 12 weeks unless I get any bleeding. Bleeding is likely though as I have cervical erosion.

This time I'll need to buy a new bouncy chair and playmat as I chucked my LOs.
I'll also need a new cot and I might 'need' a new sling or two.
Had a dodgy tummy all weekend so I called NHS direct this morning and got some advice from the nurse.

Northern - glad your sea bands work. I might have to have another go with mine when I get properly nauseus.

I'm with you all on the constipation! Not fun at all.

We have a lot of stuff from dd. We need a new bouncer or swing chair, playmat and bassinet. And we need to get newborn and some 0-3 months clothes as I sold them. Oh and a mobile. I was sad not to get one sooner for dd.
We'll also be getting a new pram because I hate the one we have now.
For those reusing cots/cribs are you buying a new mattress?

We have baby clothes left over from my little boy, so the only things that are on my Definitely Need list right now are:
A moby wrap
Thousands of muslins!
Play mat
Cloth nappies
Cheeky wipes
Bed barrier

I'm buying a new mattress for the Moses basket and I would buy a new mattress if I was reusing his cot.

I also dont need to buy much as my son is only 1 so haven't got rid of anything!

I would recommend a swing ! Great for getting a few mins to catch up on chores etc....

I am trying to decide whether to get a double pram as my son Will only be 20 months when this one born but what one?!?!?

Also I am planning to get a wrap and try baby wearing but don't know how it will go as I bought a stretchy wrap for my son and used it twice lol but will probably need to be hands free more this time :haha:

You all are giving me too many ideas! Beanonorder, we will definitely be getting a new crib mattress--a nice one this time! Adding muslin receiving blankets (never heard of them w/ dd, just had the useless little flannel ones) and a good wrap sling. And a car seat and stroller, and clothes--we gave so much away thinking we weren't likely to have another! Is it bad that I'm really hoping for a girl so I can pick out some clothes? If it's a boy, all my friends w/ recent babies will likely have plenty for me! :p

My first scan isn't until Sept. 10. Rebecca, I'm not sure of my dates either and it's driving me mad! :p

Can't wait for my scan in the morning! More brown blood today and crampy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->