**April Bunnies 2015**

Hi all! Just got my first :bfp: yesterday :) This is #1 for us and we've been at it for about 3 months. I'm feeling nervous too though, like it's too good to be true and my period's still gonna show up late! I don't know why we do this to ourselves...

I've noticed a few things about pregnancy symptoms lately. On the days when symptoms seem to be missing, I think I might just be adjusting to them and they are just becoming more normal. I kind of figured it out when over the past two days, I wasn't noticing the fatigue. But I laid down in my bed for a second to rest my back and I fell asleep!

Then, I thought I had almost no nausea yesterday. But I couldn't hardly eat the steak my husband cooked for dinner because it was making me feel sick. Then, I realized I wasn't noticing the nausea unless I felt on the verge of throwing up..but it was still there. I don't know if this is all for sure, but it was just an observation I had made.

I've also noticed that my nausea gets worse when my stress level goes up.

Hi all! Just got my first :bfp: yesterday :) This is #1 for us and we've been at it for about 3 months. I'm feeling nervous too though, like it's too good to be true and my period's still gonna show up late! I don't know why we do this to ourselves...

congrats!!!!!!

Congrats Livvy!

Wonderful story about the baby items! How cool to have a great great grandma!

Rebecca, good observations! We are very close in timing and I'm kind of noticing the same things. I have been perfect with the nausea for almost 12 hours now while pumping protein in me. I didn't even take my afternoon diclectin because I totally forgot/didn't need it. I did take two just a few mins ago, not because I needed it, just because I don't want to mess too much with a good thing!

Sara I had spotting after dtd. It started out red and then changed to brown. I've had it off and on since then so I've avoided dtd since then.

I've also gone off meat and am a bit worried about protein. But peanut butter is good so I'll have more of it.

Dini lovely story!

I agree this is taking forever. I just want to get to 12 weeks so everyone at work can just know!

Sarahdavies that is quite a bump! Mine isn't that big yet and I'm sure its from bloating. I keep having to find clothes to hide it!

I'm so tired of this nauseous feeling! It happens every time I'm hungry but when I sit down to eat I don't want to put anything in my mouth! I managed 6 cheerios for breakfast!

Dini, I totally know what you mean. I didn't struggle to conceive but with the high number of miscarriages in my family I am cautious. When I woke up this a.m. my boobs weren't really sore, so I immediately had to take another pregnancy test. :wacko: It sucks that you have things making you nervous! The wondfo may have been lighter bc you're well hydrated? Plus those tests aren't known for their consistency (I had a frer be lighter after I'd had a darker one; freaked me out but the internet says it's super common and nothing to worry about). When is your scan again? You probably said but I'm having a hard time keeping track of everyone! :p At least we have each other to pass the time with while we wait!

My Dr.'s appt is the 26th, but I don't know if they will scan me or not to tell you the truth. I'm going to beg them too though if they don't plan to. I know I'm just making myself crazy and it's silly but after all we've been through I just can't stop worrying! I have good days and bad.

Yes you are right, we have each other at least! I need a hobby lol!

Oh and guess what? So we decided to tell his grandparents today because we told his mom and she was dying to have someone to talk to and she wanted to talk to her mom about it. They are an amazing support so I would want them to know if something bad happened anyway. Well anyway his grandma burst into tears instantly and ran to her room after saying "I have to give you something". She came back with this hand crocheted light purple and white baby blanket, matching booties and a hat that her mom made! I wanted to cry myself. She said she'd had it for years and was supposed to give it to me when we got married but she just couldn't do it to me because we were so heartbroken over failing for years. Purple is my favorite color and her mom knows that (she lives in Florida) so that's why she made it that color. I can't believe it, it's so beautiful and sweet. My DH actually still has his great grandma, she's 89 now, so if she sticks around for a while our baby will have a great great grandma, and now it has something she made it. How adorable is that??

What a great story! :hugs:

Thanks everyone! :) So excited to join you ladies on this journey! Bean, I totally agree with the being ravenous then not wanting to eat thing... I have been getting reflux bad and that makes me lose my appetite too.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with varying symptoms. Today my morning sickness wasn't as bad as yesterday but hopefully it doesn't mean anything. So anxious to get my first ultrasound to confirm I actually have something inside of me but I have to wait another 5 weeks...

Regarding what to buy for baby. As a first time mom I am overwhelmed by everything I need to get, so for now I am sticking my head in the sand and not thinking about it until it's confirmed I have a healthy baby growing inside of me.

Hope everyone will have a great day! :) so happy to have this place to read and vent!

Hi rainbow baby and Livvy!

Dini - that's a lovely story.

Tara - Yes! It's dragging so slowly. I'm not even at 5 weeks yet but because I've had more symptoms than I did the first time it feels like I've been pregnant for months.

Kirsty - thinking of you today, I hope your scan goes well.

Tove I'll see if I can find the link when I get home but there's a lovely thread on here about essential and useless purchases for first time moms. Obviously there are a lot of contradictions like some swear by a diaper genie and others say its useless. But I got a lot of good ideas from it last pregnancy! Until then I was also doing the head in the sand thing!!

Livvy welcome :flower:

Dini that's such a lovely story how nice of her to do that. Aww xxx

I still have no ms. Queasiness has disappeared for now as well! I feel great lol I keep waking every morning expecting to feel like rubbish.

Hi ladies how are we all feeling today?still no ms for me thank goodness fingers crossed I don't get it as I didn't with ds. I just feel
knackered all the time! Ds insists on getting up no later than half 6 though most days yawn. At least with my first preg I could sleep for as long as I wanted without any interruptions 😜. Other than that a few cramps and light headedness are the only symptoms so far. We are off to Mexico on Monday so by the time we come back all being well I will be nearly 10 weeks and then a couple if weeks after that we will have the scan eek! It is all starting to sink in now and I am really starting to feel more attached to my new bean 😊

Stripey I know how much did I take for granted being pregnant last time with no toddler about!!! I could nap and take it easy but this time no chance lol! That why I am hoping ms and fatigue stays away, hehe

Oh and have a great time in Mexico lucky you! I am not at all jealous :haha: great way to pass 1st tri

Stripey are you going on a plane? I'm really stressing about altitude as we have a holiday in September where we have to go really high in a cable car, and I'm not sure if i want to now or not!

Kirsty - thinking of you today. Hope all is well.

Dini - what a lovely story! That makes me really want to tell people but we are still holding off until after the 12 week scan. Seems like forever away. I'm sure my elderly grandmother will be absolutely delighted.

Northern - how lovely to have someone so close! My best friend is pregnant and I'm having a real hard time keeping the news from her, she will be so happy that our children will be so close in age! She will be almost ready to pop, if she hasn't popped already, when we are 12 weeks and ready to share the news. I am most excited about telling her!!

Kirsty how did scan go? Hope everything is well! Let us know when you can xxxx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->