**April Bunnies 2015**

Super pumped! We told all of our immediate family (Well my side, OH mom is going to smother us to death, so we're waiting awhile before telling here. hehe) It was great!

For my mom, I got her a pandora baby carriage charm. When she opened it, I asked if my sister(who is pregnant and due in October) had gotten her one. She said no, to which I responded "Great because anyone who will have two grandchildren by April will definitely need one!" She continued to talk after I said that, paused, and then jumped up and down crying. I wasn't expecting that reaction. My sister, who is younger than me, is having an unexpected pregnancy, so I wasn't sure how my mom would react to my planned one. ;)

For my sister, I got her two onesies. The first one said "If you think I'm cute, you should see my aunt." (I got this for fun earlier in the summer) and the second had two elephants on it and it said "Soon to be Big Cousin!" because she is due before us.

For my brothers...had them unwrap "back to school gifts" (They are in university, I'm the oldest) and the shirts said "Best. Uncle. Ever."

For my sister in law, i gave her a bottle of our favorite wine and put a label from etsy on it that says "Drink this for me, I'm a mommy to be. Baby A arriving April 2014"

and finally for my dad, I got a grandparent themed children's book and a grandparents day card and signed it from myself, OH and Baby A. He cried too! hehe

I'm so excited to finally share with our family. It is still early (6wk on Friday) but I couldn't keep it a secret. My mom is a nurse practitioner and my dad is an OBGYN. I wanted to be able to ask them questions!

Sour cream is definitely fine. And ranch should be fine too...whenever I've made it from scratch, the recipes have not called for raw egg yolks. Caesar dressings usually have raw egg though.

How is everybody feeling?

I'm 8 weeks in 3 hours. Moving right along! This week went super fast! I find it really satisfying to watch my apps and tickers switch over.

I know Northern!! Sometimes I think of something to post just so I can see my ticker that day!:haha:

Sour cream is definitely fine. And ranch should be fine too...whenever I've made it from scratch, the recipes have not called for raw egg yolks. Caesar dressings usually have raw egg though.

thank you so much

Mrs that is very cute!

When we told my parents I went out and bought a newborn online and we sat in the lounge and I told her to show granny and grampa what she'd bought. My mom said it that's cute and then my dad said it's too small. We replied with no its not and then they both clicked.

You guys are so creative! I really wanna tell my sisters in person cause they're coming to visit at the end of October, but then I'll have to wait to tell everybody cause I very well can't anyone without my sisters knowing too...! So I guess for my family it'll all be via skype, I would mail something but I would want everyone to get it at the same time so no one would feel left out if one of the envelopes got lost in the mail (which always happens!).

I love how much thought you put into it MrsA!

Previous posters are right, ranch and sour cream are fine, most products that are unpasteurized have it in big writing on the front cause it's very uncommon. Except maybe soft cheeses if that's your thing (camembert, brie, etc..)
I totally agree all these pregnancy no-nos are so hyped up! However, if there's a tiny chance of listeria in deli meat I guess I'll pass, but making grilled cheese with it must be fine cause then the meat is heated up therefore killing bacteria, right?

At the bottom is a list of what you can't eat and what temps to heat it to.

https://publications.gc.ca/collections/collection_2010/sc-hc/H14-55-2-2010-eng.pdf

I totally agree with the creativity of everyone! I can relate to using Skype. I live in another city from my family and will be announcing it to them a couple weeks before thanksgiving I just don't know how im gonna announce it. maybe Ill just announce it for thanksgiving and when everyone is going around the table saying what they are thankful for, when it gets to me ill say " im thankful for my baby and cant wait to have her in my arms" :haha: my sister and brother live about 300 miles away so I guess im gonna have to tell them over the phone. :shrug: you guys have realy creative ways , much better than mine at the moment

thank you for all the replies regarding sour cream and ranch, I really appreciate it :)

Sorry all I don't have time to catch up with all 8 pages! Just popping in to say hi and hope you are doing great! I'll catch up tomorrow. I'm soooo tired and have to be up in 7 hours.

How is everybody feeling?

I'm 8 weeks in 3 hours. Moving right along! This week went super fast! I find it really satisfying to watch my apps and tickers switch over.

I am feeling pretty good tonight thanks to carrots! I had a huge wave of fatigue sweep over me this evening and my son asked me to stop yawning. lol

I know what you mean about the ticker. It does feel good to see it change. If my ultrasound on Monday shows I'm behind what I have on my ticker, I am not moving it backwards just to see the same things again. But if I am ahead, I'll move it forward.

Red spotting didn't last. Now I have nothing. I'm trying really hard to just appreciate not feeling nauseous and not worry. I seem to have a cold too now.

I forget if this topic came up earlier so sorry if it did but anyone have a feeling of boy or girl? Last pregnancy all the Chinese gender predictions said girl and I only ever had two baby dreams and both time it was a boy. And I had a girl.
This time one Chinese predictor said girl and the other said boy. And I had a baby dream a few nights ago and it was a boy. So I'm thinking maybe we'll have a girl again. I'm totally fine either way thankfully. Just curious how everyone else feels.

My wife had a dream that we had a boy. She's pretty dead set that it's a boy...however our gender predictor says girl, and she ridiculously did the baking soda predictor and it came back girl also. Haha, who knows! I just want a healthy baby.

Beanorder- I am glad the spotting cleared up. That's promising!

Well, the Chinese gender predictor said my son was going to be a girl. I dreamt I was having a girl. And I even bought that gender predictor kit and it said girl. Clearly, they were wrong. I didn't have any actual feeling. I just remember feeling "I don't know."

This time, I'm predicted a girl again. lol I have had 2 dreams I had another boy. My son, without any prompting, believes there is a baby brother in there. And I just have a feeling I am having another boy. It will be interesting to see in a few months!

I think im having a girl because the Chinese predictors keep saying boy lol

It's the dream thing that makes me wonder. I haven't come across anyone yet who has dreamt of one gender and then given birth to that gender. It always seems to be the opposite. In my last pregnancy I was also convinced of a boy after my dreams but was so happy when my mom told me girl.

I had a dream of a girl. I'm convinced it's a girl due to Shettles method. We didn't try that way but that's the way the timing worked out.

Welcome to the new ladies!

Greygirl the heart beat is apparently visible from 5w4days so there is a good chance you'll see it.

As for me I'm stressed out a little. I've been spotting on and off but it's been brown and the scan showed no reason for it. But this morning when I wiped it was red. Only when I wipe. Last night I started feeling better and was able to eat dinner with no problems. This morning I still don't have any nausea despite having been awake for an hour and not eating. So red and no symptoms has me really worried.
I just had the scan on Saturday, could something already have gone wrong?

Light bleeding is normal this early in pregnancy. As long as you don't also have bad cramps I wouldn't worry. :hugs:

Sour cream should be fine. Everything is ok as long as it's pasteurized. I feel like you really have to go out of your way to find these things, aside from literal raw egg yolk.

I agree! I think pregnancy no-no's are hyped up a bit too much. I mean, deli meat? I ate turkey sandwiches as a staple diet when I was pregnant. If you haven't gotten some crazy bacteria infested food before you were pregnant, the chances are very slim you'll get sick from it when you are. My doctor even said sushi is fine, as long as it's at a place I've eaten before :rolleyes: although, not sure I would eat sushi while pregnant just in case.

Oh my gosh, things change so often when it comes to things you can and cant eat. When I was pregnant with my 12 year old, none of these things were a concern. I could eat lunch meat, runny eggs. Really you just needed to not drink or smoke and take your vitamins.

Hello, can I join? :)

Just got our bfp today, first month trying, we only decided to ttc in late July, and we were only giving it this month this year (for commitment reasons early next year). I was expecting af and bam!, it was positive! Looks like April 27th by various calculators but as o was only 2 weeks ago today it will more than likely be May, fx this sticks around and we will find out.

I'm on a different time zone to most people on this site, so I will read back over this thread tomorrow :)

Congrats and welcome! H&H 9

Hey ladies,
Congrats to you all, I'm due on April 28th, AF would be due tomorrow & feeling like she is still on her way:shrug:
GL to you all

Congrats and here's hoping AF stays away!

I've got a scan tomorrow at (estimated) 5+6 due to previous ectopic. ANY chance at all I'll see a heartbeat transvaginally?!

Like the other ladies said you might! Fingers crosses :)

Hey I love reptiles too! I had a corn snake once, Jafar... man he was such a good snake. Then I left him with my parents while I went on vacay and they lost him. Never again will I leave pets with them! Haha.

I took a second FRER today (two days after my first BFP, 12 dpo), and the line was fainter than the first test I took. :/ cause for concern, or no?

There are so many factors that can cause a lighter test. Don't worry! It's still early and I'm sure everything will be fine.

I've been obsessing over twins since I took 100 mg of Clomid to get this BFP. I've even come up with 2 girl names but nothing for boys. So I'll probably have one boy lol

I went in for Betas today. I hope the last ones. If they are 2000 or higher I get to set up my first scan. I have my 8 week scan already set up for Sep 11th, but because of the MC last time around and the Clomid I get a earlier scan. :happydance:

Are any of you using Ovia pregnancy app? I thought this was so cool!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member