**April Bunnies 2015**

It's the dream thing that makes me wonder. I haven't come across anyone yet who has dreamt of one gender and then given birth to that gender. It always seems to be the opposite. In my last pregnancy I was also convinced of a boy after my dreams but was so happy when my mom told me girl.

That's an interesting thought! Last time I did dream of a girl but had a boy.

Northern-What is the shettles method? I suppose I will have to google that!

The Shettles Method is where female sperm live longer but swim slower, so they're more likely to wait around for an egg whereas the males swim really fast but die really fast so you're more likely to end up with a boy if you have sex the day of ovulation.

For us, this was the month we actually didn't try and were in a situation where he pulled out. We dtd 5 whole days beforehand AND we had withdrawal and it still happened. All that after 1.5 years of trying our hearts out! Who would have thought?

Thanks for telling me! I just googled it too. I had never heard of that before. Well, by every factor for a boy (since I know when I basically conceived my son), this method actually lines up!

This time, I was on the pill and so I have no idea when I had breakthrough ovulation. But it says that x-chromosomes can handle a harsher environment. So maybe that would make a girl more likely. Thanks for sharing this method.

Our hamster is NOWHERE to be found. Escape artist. Just what I need 12:45am.

So how many of you will be doing that at home gender tests? Like the baking soda test?

Hi new people! Welcome!

I don't know what to say for gender. On the one hand, I keep feeling like it's a boy and I'm looking at more boy stuff. But I was *convinced* DD was a boy--even after multiple very clear ultrasounds showing otherwise! :p

DD says she wants a little brother (we have openly discussed that we might have a baby but haven't told her I'm pregnant, so this is hypothetical to her atm) "because they're just cuter!" :D But every time she has talked about the hypothetical sibling since I actually got pregnant, she has called it she and her. So I'm wondering if she knows something I don't! :p

I keep missing pages of posts, sheesh. Sorry.
Northern, hope you find your hamster! What a headache! Now that you reminded me about the girl sperm living longer, I'm hoping I ovulated on the later end of my window! XD
No at-home gender prediction for me! It will just make me crazier which I do not need ANY help with! :wacko:

I fell asleep at my desk today! :sleep: Oy... this may be a loong 8 months! :haha:

Regarding the Shettles method. If you dtd every day for three days before ovulation and the day of ovulation, is the likelihood of any gender increased or is it 50-50? :) I'm happy either way but sooo curious!

I want to try the baking soda test. How early can you do it and does it have to be fmu - does anyone know?

Happy 8 weeks Northern me! That tiny hand is so cute. Can't wait to be there on saturday :)

Morning girl! You lot have been chatting a lot while iv been sleeping haha! Hope everyone is good! And welcome to all the newbies!

I feel kinda awkward just now like I dunno if I should be chatting in here much till I know my pregnancy is progressing like it should be but yesterday afternoon I sat down and looked at all my symptoms notes from before bfp and looked at my test pics. Trying to work out when I ovulated coz I always knew I was late. Anyway it turns out my scan was pretty much spot on only I make myself a day later! So fingers crossed 5w2d just really was too early to see a baby and everything will be fine in two weeks xxxx

Sounds promising Kirsty. Of course you should be posting here, today you're pregnant.

I have a feeling I'll have another boy. There's mostly boys in my OHs family.

Wow so much to catch up on overnight!

Kirsty that's great news ! My ticker is going by my lmp date but I ovulated on cd18 so quite late so really if I went by ovulation I would be 5 weeks 5 days today

When I get my 12 week scan I will update it then. My son was the same I ovulated on cd18 but according to scan my lmp date was correct and made his due date!

Kirsty that's awesome you figured your scan was right. I am sure there will be a fluttering little baby in there in 2 weeks! And you have to post in here, you're part of the group!

It took so long to catch up sorry I just can't seem to comment on everything lol.

As for me, I am sure when I do get a scan if it is next week with my first appt that I will measure small because I ovulated on cd22. My ticker goes halfway between my LMP and my O date, that's what my RE figured so I'm sticking to it but I think I'm about 4 days behind my ticker. If you go by my LMP I'm nearly 7 weeks but by my O date I'm not even 6 lol. My scan will be at 7w2d judging by my RE's calculations but honestly I don't know if they will scan me. I'm going to beg!!

I'm going to have to try the carrots thing. My MS isn't horrible, but it's def worse in the morning. I'm always really dizzy and the room spins when I wake up and the nausea gets worse. But once I'm up and about it seems to diminish. The dizziness could be from the progesterone supplements. My symptoms are all pretty much unchanged, slight nausea, sore boobs but not horrible, mild cramping on and off, and in the last few days bad fatigue!! Also no more spotting since last week so that's a good sign.

I have labs tomorrow so keeping my fingers crossed they turn out great!

I got cancelled at work today!! Woohoo!! I was only working until 1 anyway and they didn't need me so now I have 8 days off!!

No Kristy, stick around!! I'm sure things are fine!

So this is the second time now I've had terrible dreams about OH. Two nights ago I had a dream that he was cheating on me with the mom of one of the kids in DDs class. Last night I had a dream his ex gf showed up in this forum and then ended up going on a kayaking tour with me and my best friend and I was trying to avoid her best I could. Poor OH. We have never even had an issue of jealously raised in our whole relationship! I think it's the lack of sex making me nervous.

My dad(an obgyn) a convinced I'll probably have a boy. We had sex the day I ovulated and after. However, we has sex 3 or 4 days before I ovulated so there's a possibility a few could have been waiting around. However based on my charting, I'm going with boy. ;) lol. My dad belives in the Shettle method for sure

That's cool MrsA!

Northern those dreams are funny! I haven't had anything like that but DH has been a real butt the last two days, barking at me and having an attitude. I'm sure he's just stressed out like I am about whether this is a healthy viable pregnancy but gosh, he yelled at me this morning before he left for work and got an attitude when I tried to wake him up because his stupid alarm had been going off for 10 min. He's not a morning person at all! But this morning he almost made me cry, I'm surprised I didn't actually. I want to tell him I'm the one who is pregnant and don't need the stress but I try to remember that even though I'm the one carrying it, WE are pregnant.

MrsA I love how you told everyone!! You should totally write it all down in a pregnancy book for baby to read in the future :)

I agree about the food lists during pregnancy. I think it's like with everything else: you should look into it yourself, and make your own mind up! I lived on runny eggs with my last pregnancy, they were a HUGE craving. I'm convinced that's part of the reason I had such a huge baby; all that protein!

It's the dream thing that makes me wonder. I haven't come across anyone yet who has dreamt of one gender and then given birth to that gender. It always seems to be the opposite. In my last pregnancy I was also convinced of a boy after my dreams but was so happy when my mom told me girl.
meet me :haha: I dreamt about having a beautiful baby boy, and that's what I had :cloud9:

So how many of you will be doing that at home gender tests? Like the baking soda test?
ME! Last time i did ALL i could find lol, even peed in boiled cabbage water :rofl: Literally everything said Girl, so they were all wrong :dohh:

:hugs2: Dini, my hubby is most definitely NOT a morning person either, I feel your pain!

Northern did you tell OH about his antics in your dream? :haha:

Well Oswin you should do them all again and assume the opposite!

Well Oswin you should do them all again and assume the opposite!
Well so far the Chinese gender chart says Girl, and this -
Old Wives Tale #16: Mayan Tale

The Mayan tale adds the mothers age at conception and the year of conception. If the result is a even number then mom is having a girl. If the result is an odd number then a boy is on the way!
According to this, we are having a boy, and it says girl for Rob (like EVERY old wives tale said girl for Robin, it was freaky!)

Red spotting didn't last. Now I have nothing. I'm trying really hard to just appreciate not feeling nauseous and not worry. I seem to have a cold too now.
Could be pregnancy rhinitis :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->