**April Bunnies 2015**

Welcome sigh and congrats!

Good luck Oswin :)

Thanks for all your lovely comments. Funnily enough I have a lot of experience with tiny newborn babies and bigger kids, I've been on hand to help with them since I was young so that doesn't worry me at all, I know I can mind a small baby. It's just the sheer magnitude of all of it, in practical terms I am well able to mind a baby, feed it, wind it, change nappies, etc, but I've never been the one having to pay for it forever and raising it to be a good person and being the one it expects to be there, I usually just do the fun bits with other people's kids!

I'm doing much better today, definitely in part because of you all telling me what I do know to be true, I just needed to hear it. My husband was an angel last night, I came in from work absolutely wrecked and he told me to put on my pj's, he was making dinner, doing lots of jobs around the house, and that he could see I was upset and tired and his job for now is to mind me :)

I am not a frequent pee-er, I never get up during the night to go to the bathroom, 6am today I had to get up. I think I really accepted all of this then, like, yup, this is real, it's out of my control for now. Bought a prenatal vitamin today, went for a nice long walk, am feeling good now.

Time to go to work! Pretty short stress free day though so not too bad.

Hope everyone is going great today x

Yay sigh, I'm glad you made your way over here!

Northern so glad you found the hb! That's so exciting.

So I had an incident today. Dh went out for a while and I was watching TV while dd was playing in her room. Next thing I hear a crash and she's howling. I rush in to find the chest of drawers has fallen on top of her! Thankfully all she ended up with was a cut on her lip and a big shock. All I can say is so much for no heavy lifting for me! Thankfully the bleeding hasn't started again and I've had no cramps. Just a big shock too.

7 week scan today- nervous, excited, nauseated! I've had a cold lingering for 5 days, not enough that I feel sick, sick but just enough to make me want to stay in bed and read cheesy non-fiction. Ms started up a week ago at almost exactly 6 weeks and having more cm since yesterday.

Also, whomever mentioned carrots for ms, I cannot thank you enough! I carry them around like a security blanket :winkwink:

Beanonorder that must have been so terrifying! That makes my heart skip a beat just thinking about it! I'm so glad she's okay, and you are too.

Oswin, any midwife that is rude or hurtful to you for being overweight is not a good midwife or a good person. Should she encourage you toward healthy habits? Of course! Should she shame you? Never, and if she does that is about her shortcomings and not yours! (Sorry, touchy subject for me!)

Maggz, I am sooo with you. I found out I'm pregnant on Wednesday, Aug. 6, and my first appt. + ultrasound isn't until Sept. 10. LONGEST. MONTH+. EVER. I don't even know how far along I am! My ticker is based on an educated guess, but technically there's a 5-DAY window where I could have conceived, so who knows. It's driving me up a wall! :wacko:

Welcome, sigh!

Good luck today, xanzaba! Let us know how it goes!

Lithodora, I'm glad you're feeling better! That's what we're all here for, right? :)

TaraCathryn my first appt and scan probably won't be until 12 weeks, so mid-late October! Work and life in general is quite busy until mid September but then I'll probably just sit and wait and get annoyed for a whole month lol.

Ohhh Beanonorder I've been there, luckily I was in the room so i grabbed it just before it hit him. Kids!! I've now secured everything to the wall, after reading a horrible blog by a woman who lost her little girl in a similar way.

Xanzaba good luck!!!!! :hugs2:

Thanks all, it went well :D My mw is lovely, and it felt nice to be actively talking about the baby and organising everything! I'm gonna be under Consultant care too, which means a few extra appointments, and more monitoring during labour, due to my previous c-sec. I've got a veritable ton of info and goodies (loving the free gifts and vouchers! Some prenatal vits, decaf tea, shop vouchers!) My NT scan is booked for just after our holiday (and my birthday!) in September :wohoo:

Beanonorder - that must have been so scary. I got a kit on amazon to strap furniture to the wall.

Xanzaba - good luck with your scan!

Lithodora - I'm the same, won't get a scan until mid October, I don't even get my booking in appointment until 13 weeks. This is going to be a long wait.

Hey guys so my in the back of my head twins is still lingering about lol, so after reading people using there dopplers I revered where mine was well found heart beat on one side, and the also found it on the opposite just as strong sound can some please tell me this is normal xxxx

GL Oswin, can wait to hear how you did!!

Welcome to all the new BFP's!!!

Beanonorder, I'm so glad your DD isn't hurt!! OMG what a scare she had! Glad you are okay too!!

Button if this all goes to plan for me this will work out super well, but I'm hoping I can get 12 scan (fx) in mid October, as I'm going away with a group of my closest friends and then visiting my parents at the end of the month, so would love to be able to tell them. If the scan was after the night away with the girls I wouldn't be comfortable telling them in case the scan showed something wrong/not there, as they would all be heartbroken! It would just be so perfect to have it the few days before, so that I could tell them either way and get great support from them, and then tell my parents.

Saradavies I'm not really too sure what your post says there but is it that you found two heartbeats with a doppler? Could one be your own? It'd be early (but not impossible) to pick up heartbeats on a doppler wouldn't it, have you had a scan?

That'd certainly be exciting sarah! Do be wary though, it's still highly unlikely that you'll find a hb this incredibly early, especially as trained medical professionals struggle to find it before twelve weeks usually. I've known of people who thought they were listening to baby from some crazy early time, but sadly it turned out baby had passed away before that. I don't wanna be really negative, but just realistic, as it is very unlikely to be baby. Make sure it doesn't ever give false reassurance when you're concerned about something, especially in the second tri - I'd always advise contacting a doctor or mw :thumbup:

Maggz- Yes, time is just slowly taking forever to pass! I thought it would go by much faster this time with an active 3-year-old to keep up with. But it still feels like my first appointment is taking forever to get here. It is in 3 days away and I am counting down the days! I'm excited for a Monday lol. Part of the reason I am so anxious for it is that I don't know for sure how far along I am and part of me doesn't want to believe (despite strong symptoms) that I am really pregnant until I see it or hear a heartbeat.

Northern- So nice to hear a nice, strong heartbeat! :) I am so tempted to buy a doppler sometimes.

Sigh- Welcome and congratulations!

Beanorder- I am so glad your daughter was okay. What a scary situation!

Xanzaba- I hope your scan goes well! :)

Oswin- I am glad you had a good visit. Did you get to hear baby's hb or anything?

Last night I drank carbonated flavored water--never again! I was awake until 2 am with horrible gas pains that wouldn't go away! No more carbonated beverages for me.

Yay, Oswin, I'm glad you had a good visit!

Lithodora & Button, I can't believe you have to wait soooo long for a scan. It's hitting me now how truly spoiled I was with my first pregnancy! Although I'll gladly let go of the constant check ups this time if it means the bleeding, ultrasound complications, and severe preg-induced hypertension doesn't come back! :thumbup:

When my mum was pregnant she only got one scan, when many got none! So to me 2-3 is plenty :D

Does anyone know where they get those cute little signature things from for the groups?

Rebecca - no to hb. They don't do that till about 16 weeks in the UK.

And re the signature things, I think someone has to make them?

I would make one, but I can't figure it out. I tried to cheat and see how the other threads did them. But they all just have a link that shows the thread and bnb. So I thought maybe bnb made them.

I tried my Doppler again first thing this morning after not being able to find the heartbeat last night. I've been getting 135-142 for about 4 days now. I found it! 168-172! I guess someone is wide awake!

Yay oh my that must be the sweetest sound :happydance:

Hi ladies, may I join you? I just found out we are expecting baby #2 around April 25th! We have a 20 month old daughter who is our world and we are so excited about our growing family!

Your profile pic is so cute! You look very happy :happydance: Congrats on your BFP!

7 week scan today- nervous, excited, nauseated! I've had a cold lingering for 5 days, not enough that I feel sick, sick but just enough to make me want to stay in bed and read cheesy non-fiction. Ms started up a week ago at almost exactly 6 weeks and having more cm since yesterday.

Also, whomever mentioned carrots for ms, I cannot thank you enough! I carry them around like a security blanket :winkwink:

Keep us posted how it goes, fx for you! :)

Maggz, I am sooo with you. I found out I'm pregnant on Wednesday, Aug. 6, and my first appt. + ultrasound isn't until Sept. 10. LONGEST. MONTH+. EVER. I don't even know how far along I am! My ticker is based on an educated guess, but technically there's a 5-DAY window where I could have conceived, so who knows. It's driving me up a wall! :wacko:

Right?? Ahhh so many questions, so many ifs and maybes :haha:

Thanks all, it went well :D My mw is lovely, and it felt nice to be actively talking about the baby and organising everything! I'm gonna be under Consultant care too, which means a few extra appointments, and more monitoring during labour, due to my previous c-sec. I've got a veritable ton of info and goodies (loving the free gifts and vouchers! Some prenatal vits, decaf tea, shop vouchers!) My NT scan is booked for just after our holiday (and my birthday!) in September :wohoo:

Awesome! Good that they seem to be taking really good care of you since you had the c-section. Did she do an us or was it just a consulting appointment?

Hey guys so my in the back of my head twins is still lingering about lol, so after reading people using there dopplers I revered where mine was well found heart beat on one side, and the also found it on the opposite just as strong sound can some please tell me this is normal xxxx

I have no idea...! Twins would be exciting and scary:thumbup:

Sorry about the longest post ever I just wanted to keep up with everyone ;)

On another note... Ice cream is breakfast food, right? :winkwink:

I would make one, but I can't figure it out. I tried to cheat and see how the other threads did them. But they all just have a link that shows the thread and bnb. So I thought maybe bnb made them.

Yeah someone has to make them in photoshop or something of the sort... I know a user named confuzion made the march-mallows maybe she could help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->