**April Bunnies 2015**

Rebecca - someone in the signatures forum will do it I'm sure.

I have asked for help on how to make a code that is somehow linked to baby and bump and the thread like the ones they have on the other threads, but I have made a gif with a url code now. So, it can be embedded.

But if I copy and paste it here, it just shows the gif image. Hopefully, someone on the signatures thread can help me with it! lol

Just put a space in it somewhere so it appears as code not the gif, then we can just take the space out.

Oh gosh yes picking toys/colors based on gender is not in anyone's interest! Do you know how much money companies make on us choosing "gender specific" products? Millions!
Do we really NEED male and female razors?? Uuuhh, no. Body lotion (apart from scented ones)? Hair products? For the most part, totally not! It's all a marketing ploy and it's working all too well! It infuriates me.

Sadly, my DH is totally consumed by boy/girl "appropriateness" I'm just hoping it will wear off once the LO comes along. Besides, I don't even like pink or baby blue. We have had very very very heated discussions about this, he would not be comfortable with his son playing with a doll. Whatever, my children are playing with whatever kinda toys they want :haha:

On another note, just had breakfast/lunch (it's 10.30am I just couldn't wait, ice cream wasn't very filling) and watched Greys Anatomy while eating. Food wasn't as good as I wanted it to be and upsetting things happened on Greys, so I cried. I just started tearing up and literally could not stop. Raging hormones, anyone? :haha:

Rebecca - thanks for making that! So cute :D

Heh heh ask him why?! Doesn't he want his little guy to grow up to be a caring father one day?! :haha: Glad you're gonna stand your ground :D

https://imgflip.com/gifgenerator

No matter if I put spaces in between, hit enter between lines, remove brackets, etc. The image keeps showing up! So I am posting it here. If you want it, click on it. It will take you to the website where I made the code. You have to click on "show embed codes" the BBCode is the one to use for here.

[**url=https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-groups/2210905-april-bunnies-2015-a.html][**img]https://i.imgflip.com/beot7.gif[/img**][/url**]

Thanks for making the cute image, Rebecca! :)

Remove the ** from the above code and it should work!

Thanks Tove! It took me a long time to make it and then when I finished it, I realized I wish I had added a carrot. Thanks for making an easier link. :)

Maggz - my DS has two dolls that he cuddles to go sleep. He used to like pulling my hair to get to sleep so I bought him a doll with long hair to wean him off me. The second one was supposed to be a spare but when I got it home he got all excited about "two babies'.

May have just booked a private scan for 9 days time... :blush:

Button - "2 babies" squeeeeeeee that's too sweet!!

Thanks Rebecca! That is so awesome! Carrots would have been appropriate for this group!! Nobody here is lacking in beta carotene!

Got my nails done! I feel so much better.

Score of the day- found a boppy on clearence at Marshalls for $20. Love the pattern. Listed at Babies R Us for $40!

:rofl: oh how strangely appropriate about the carrots!

Just ordered a book and video on baby signing. A daycare center I used to work in used a few signs with the toddlers with much success. Reading the reviews about babies being able to communicate so much earlier and with less frustration was so inspirational. Love this idea. Have any of you mommas used signing or do you plan to?

I used some signing with my son when he was a baby, just the most used ones like play, eating, potty etc. He had severe ear infections starting at a young age that left him with severe scar tissue in his ears. When the doctor FINALLY authorized tubes to be put in after becoming immune to three different antibiotics, he the ear nose and throat doctor said his speech was almost nonexistent at close to three years old because he was basically deaf! Luckily, his scar tissue is no longer there so he hears perfectly now, but he went close to 4 years nearly deaf.

We did baby signing when R was young, really recommend it! The only one that stuck was the sign for milk, but that was invaluable.

We signed till she was 18 months old and I went back to work. She didn't cry unless she was sick. She could always tell me what she wanted. Her first sign was milk and she did it right on the day she turned 6 months! Totally worthwhile and we will most certainly be signing with this one too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->