**April Bunnies 2015**

I think the panic free pregnancy is worth a read, I'll try to find it! thanks for the recommendation.

That's so cute, Citymouse!! It's amazing how fast these maternal/paternal feelings develop.

Here's a link to the page on Amazon, Perplexed. I am finding it very helpful so far! Especially as a first time mom! I feel like many people become more relaxed in their later pregnancies, but I'd rather not spend this one being uptight and scared if possible! :)

https://www.amazon.com/The-Panic-Fr...09240309&sr=8-1&keywords=panic+free+pregnancy

Mmm just had a bag of maltesers and didn't feel sick...yet! That's a nausea remedy I can live with.

I switched to decaf coffee because I am already too tightly wound! I still wanted my morning coffee ritual, but it is seeming more and more yucky. Also I had a breakfast burrito with seitan in it this morning and I am SERIOUSLY regretting it!:sick:

Still two weeks until my scan, too. It's hard to be excited until then. But I am pregnant today! So trying my darnedest to enjoy it. :)

Coming towards the end of the day and my ginger in my juice last night seems to still be doing the trick, not a hint of nausea today! I'm going to do another tonight and check it wasn't a fluke!

Oswin- You might understand this because your son is also 3. But I am seriously getting tired of people telling me to watch out for the terrible threes. I'll say just one thing about him that he did that wasn't perfect and someone says, "oh it's the terrible threes!" And I want to shout, "No! He is just a kid!" I think I'm extra impatient due to hormones.

So excited just been invited to a media trip in LA I went last year so so excited to go to this one Just hope hubby can get the time off. I'm worried about my morning sickness. Sure hope it doesn't act up.

September 24th – Sunday, September 28th to attend the press junket of ALEXANDER AND THE TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY (opening in theatres on 10/10) where you will interview the cast of the film including Steve Carell, Jennifer Garner, Ed Oxenbould, Dylan Minnette, Kerris Dorsey and Bella Thorne!

Hi ladies, mind if I join?

I got my BFP last week and I'm due 25th April ��

Other than sore boobies and bloating I have no other symptoms yet. With my ds ma kicked in about 6 weeks but with my mc it never showed!

Hope your pregnancies are all going well xx

Oswin- You might understand this because your son is also 3. But I am seriously getting tired of people telling me to watch out for the terrible threes. I'll say just one thing about him that he did that wasn't perfect and someone says, "oh it's the terrible threes!" And I want to shout, "No! He is just a kid!" I think I'm extra impatient due to hormones.
I know what you mean, though I don't get people saying it much thank god. :hugs2:

So excited just been invited to a media trip in LA I went last year so so excited to go to this one Just hope hubby can get the time off. I'm worried about my morning sickness. Sure hope it doesn't act up.

September 24th – Sunday, September 28th to attend the press junket of ALEXANDER AND THE TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY (opening in theatres on 10/10) where you will interview the cast of the film including Steve Carell, Jennifer Garner, Ed Oxenbould, Dylan Minnette, Kerris Dorsey and Bella Thorne!
ummm wow!!!!! So lucky!!

Thanks! I like to think I don't have too much of it but I am from a small place so I probably can't hide it too much!

Where are you from?

Ireland :) I met a guy once with that accent in the US and I was baffled, convinced he was Irish, he sounded like a true proper Dub.

Yeah when you get around St. John's the accent is really Irish sounding. I can slip into it very easily if I'm tired or drinking. I lived there for 6 years!

Regarding the caffeine question one of the first things my midwife told me was that it is totally fine to drink 3 cups of coffee per day or more. I actually read a scientific article about it which confirmed this AND added that soda is equally "bad" with regards to increase in miscarriage risk! Don't want to add to anyone's stress but I think coffee has a bad reputation in the preggo community ;)

I enjoy one yummy cup in the morning and sometimes tea during the day.

Possible TMI: Is anyone else suffering from constipation?? I've felt so bad these last few days because of it :( Any helpful tips anyone? I already have psyllium seeds in my morning yogurt but it doesn't seem to help :(

Soda as in caffeinated soda or....? :/

And yes to constipation, but I was prepared lol, as it happened last time too. Fybogel for me.

Nicola - hi and congrats

Mo2p - that is so cool. You must be very excited.

Tove - you can take lactulose when pregnant.

Oswin: no, any soda I believe! I'll try to see if I can find it when I'm at work tomorrow!

I'll have to look up fybogel and lactulose. Thanks for the tips!

I think that with caffeine, all the warnings are based on correlations, not a direct link between consumption and miscarriage.

For instance, if you're in the type of job that is so stressful and tiring that you need to drink 9 cups of a coffee a day, your stress levels might raise your miscarriage risk rather than your caffeine consumption. If you are sedentary and drink a six-pack of Coke per day, your poor health could be a major contributing factor rather than the caffeine. But when they ask specifically about your caffeine consumption, that may seem to be a prominent connection.

Then again, for me personally, my heart rate went down about 15 beats per minute when I cut back on the caffeine, so I do think that for me not having caffeine helped my body to sustain a pregnancy.

I wouldn't think that non-caffeinated sodas would have any link to increased risk of miscarriage unless it was a health-based correlation, but then again what do I know, lol. And I really want my twice-monthly caffeine-free Diet Coke today. ;-)

Mo2p, fun! I live in LA. The weather can be crazy that time of year (well, any time really). It can always get cool enough for a sweater, even if it's 100 degrees during the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->