**April Bunnies 2015**

That is too precious! Your daughter on the left is hysterical! She looks like she's trying so hard to be surprised :rofl: so cute!

xanzaba- I didn't even think to take my temperature. But I am going to assume that it is still up because I'm so hot I can't even stand a blanket when I'm sleeping. And I'm usually someone who likes to be covered up all night.

mommyof2peas- Cute!

My symptoms disappeared during week 8 and reared their ugly head again in week 9.

Well ladies, I officially said goodbye to my jeans tonight. I packed long pants for the cabin. I wore them four days ago. They are now not coming anywhere near doing up. Good thing it's just OH and DD here because I'm going around with them undone!

Cute picture!

Bye-bye, jeans! I haven't tried mine on... I'm afraid!

Grey-that so sad, I hope it gets better or there's something that you guys can figure out! When we first brought out LO home we were scared we would have to regime our pup because he got soooooooo depressed. Wouldn't eat , wouldn't come around. I had to feed him by hand on our kitchen floor, it was heartbreaking. Even now he's very hesitant around her, will lick her hands and feet and she screams with joy and laughs but if we try to sit her by him he'll just kind of slink away. Makes me sad that I know he feels displaced. I'm sure hell get more used to it as time goes on. Fxd for some behavioral changes in your lovely pet!

20dpo beta came back at 1200 (31 hour doubling time) which seems great but I still have zero symptoms. Interesting question about the BFing and breast tenderness. I keep waiting for them to be sore but maybe I've desensitized them?? I had a loss at6 weeks last year(found at 12 week scan) so I get nervous without symptoms. I had actually called my doctor the first time bc I felt weird that I didn't have any symptoms and he told me "I was just one of the lucky ones"...yea, not so much!

Hard to catch up after a whole day! Thank you to all who responded to my being scared comment. I'm glad it's not just me. I read someone's blog that said her mom told her that the "M" word was not allowed to be said out loud and that his was her baby, and they were only going to think happy thoughts because preparing for the worst doesn't make it any easier, just takes the joy out of such a wonderful time. She said everytime she worried she would tell herself "this is my baby and we will be fine" so I've tried that today and it does seem to help.

Oswin, so sorry!! Fb can be horrible! I hardly ever use it anymore except maybe once a month to check messages. I'm sure your scan will go great!

Grey I'm so sad about your doggie. I hate to watch an animal suffer! I have cats and two dogs and my cats claw everything, my couches, they've ruined the wood trim in one bedroom but the hairy windowsills and hairy table cloths drive me nuts!

As for my cup size, I haven't had to change bra sizes because before pregnancy I was about an A1/2 lol so I had a gap in all my B bras but can't wear an A as I'm too big around, hard to find a 38A lol. Well now I fill out my bras but if I get much bigger I may have to go up. Wow. Never thought I'd wear a C!

Forgot to mention the coffee thing, I cut out all caffeine when I found out I was pregnant but I'd already pretty much given up pop and I would only drink coffee a few days a week. But I could sure use it, this fatigue is kicking my butt!

My nausea wasn't terrible today, just bad this morning, almost threw up brushing my teeth. I've been crampy off and on and my uterus feels full and I'm so bloated!! But I am happy To wake up to nausea because it means I'm pregnant lol!!

Dini, I feel you on the small bras. Apparently my rib cage is out of proportion to my meager cup size, because 36A can be really hard to find! I think I could get away with a B-cup now but maybe that's just wishful thinking, ha ha.

I was having a terrible time when we hit a year of TTC... the last week of the 2ww made me so sad every month, because you want to hope you're pregnant -- being positive feels so important -- but you don't want to get your hopes up and have them dashed. I felt many months like I had conceived but the zygote (or blastocyst or whatever it is at that stage) just wasn't implanting. And one day I had this sort-of revelation that if that was what was happening, it was because those little souls were just meant to be with me for however short or long a time it happened to be. And that they were all just taking turns having a mommy, and that at one point the one who was going to stick around and see what being born is all about would find its way to me.

It's all a little oogie-boogie considering I'm not even religious, but it was very comforting to me. So that's sort of how I'm thinking about the pregnancy... I'm the mommy this little soul needs right now. There's no point worrying about the negative outcomes when they haven't happened yet!

Grey, I'm so sorry about your dog. I hope you do find a solution that works best.

when I had dd I stayed with my mom for a few weeks in my old room. my old room used to be my cat's home when she was a kitten and all of a sudden it was closed off from her and not only that but there's also a person constantly screaming in there! She stopped eating and stopped being active altogether :( it was very sad. it took a change of diet and opening up the room to her again for her to go back to being her usual self. She still gets apprehensive about dd. She'll come close and investigate but as soon as dd makes a sound my cat will slowly run away. I'm hopeful that things will get better though.

mommyof2peas- the picture is so cute!

northern- sorry about your jeans :(

dini- I was such a worrier in my previous pregnancy and it really took away from my enjoyment of it, and it was so special. I think that's why I was so broody so early. this time determined not to worry. worrying won't change the outcome, it'll just take away from these important moments that we'll never get back.

as for breast changes. my previous pregnancy symptoms included extremely sore breasts. I went from 34C to 34DD & 34E, by 2nd tri, and by 3rd tri I was strictly wearing 38E & felt massive. I also gained a lot of weight that pregnancy which probably made a difference. I bf my dd for 4 or 4 and a half months before drying up/stopping completely.

this time however no breast soreness (yet?) but I wear 34E, 32E if I could find it. which is rare lol. I did lose weight but I guess not enough for the cup size to reduce. I just don't want to have to find even bigger bras this time!

citymouse- very positive way to look at it <3 I love it.

Lol dini and citymouse- I also had a hard time finding 36As! I'm tall (5'9) and have always been a bit flat chested. Often saleswomen try to convince me that 36B was pretty much the same thing. I walked around with gapping B cups, but after gaining a little weight they started fitting. Now, with pregnancy, they are even getting a bit snug!

Grey, I'm sorry to hear about your sweet dog. I hope the meds work and he can continue being part of the family.

citymouse- I like how you think about the little souls even though I also am not religious. Last August I was so sure I was pregnant, but AF came. Now, after 2 1/2 years I finally saw a BFP for the first time, so I can't believe this is happening. I find myself talking to my stomach, calling it Victoria, and giving it little massages in the shower.

It's way too hot here to even try on jeans. My summer wardrobe consists mainly of flowing dresses and shorts and tees, but my shorts that don't have stretch are getting a little uncomfortable. I'm really looking forward to sweater weather and long pants, but I'll have to see what will fit. Did any of you ladies continue to wear your regular clothes with those bellybands? If so, how do they work?

xanzaba I only saw bellybands with a youtube vlogger about how you keep your jeans buttons open to use the belly band...that made me a bit uncomfortable so I never bothered trying them myself.

I just got maternity jeggings last time that I still wear now, lol. And picked up a few maternity jeans at c&a. i figure last time i never really tried to dress up and was just too tired and i don't want to be the same this time!

Sorry about your doggy Grey

Mo2p fab photo!

I'm feeling a bit better this morning, let's hope it lasts!

Mo2p lovely pic!

Tara as for the animals yes I think we would have thought twice about getting our cat. We had two and the other one was great but he unfortunately ran away and then got run over. Very sad. The female that we still have misses him terribly but won't tolerate a new cat either. She is very loud and meows constantly. She is also peeing all over. She got really bad when dd was born and now she's starting all her nonsense again now that we've moved. We're really worried about what the reaction will be when this one arrives.

As for cup sizes.... always a depressing topic for me! I'm only an A cup and everyone told me to just wait until I was pregnant. Well nothing changed throughout my entire first pregnancy or with breastfeeding. And so far no changes either. I'm not expecting anything to happen. I think I just have to accept the a great cleavage is not in the cards for me!!!!

Oswin sorry about your FB outing! I would die because I just don't want work to find out yet.

My belly seems to be ever growing! I work in a very male dominated school so its making me really self-conscious! Anyway.... only a few more weeks before they all know that I'm not overindulging, just growing a tiny human!

Good morning! I woke up at 6:15 this morning very sick. I was dry-heaving; I guess probably because there was nothing on my stomach. So, I took a zofran. I think the way I feel sick is just changing with the newest week. We'll see. I can't lie. It was actually a relief to me.

Xanzaba- I did take my temp, and it was still up there. So, that's good too. Also, I tried belly bands in my last pregnancy, but I never liked them. You just leave your jeans or skirt unbottoned and/or unzipped and you put the belly band over it. I didn't like it because my jeans were always popping out from under the belly band, and I didn't find that the band held up well. It started unraveling. I had a much easier time with regular maternity clothes.

Perplexed- I know what you mean. I've been on the hunt for cute maternity clothes. I am determined to be as stylish as possible this time.

Rebecca, Old Navy has maternity skinny jeans and really nice sweaters!

This week is dragging! I feel like I should be 9w5d at least!

Rebecca- i wore my maternity jeans today with a cute t shirt and dh said, "those jeans look like manly jeans," lol!! I was trying so hard!!! I think I'll try asos...I got a few things from asos last time on sale.

:waves: can I please come in and join you all now, was too nervous before but had an early dating scan today that put me at 5+5 and edd 27 April with #2!

I started to read but got a bit sidetracked I will catch up and see how everyone is doing!

Oh oh I do have one question, the harmony test? Is this a US thing? My Dr is recommending it but I don't know how much of that is because of the insurance aspect as I'm in Dubai and its pricey.....x

Welcome, Mwah! Congratulations! As far as I understand it, they can do those tests internationally but the results are always processed in the US, because there is a very small amount of labs who can do them. They are expensive without insurance. Not sure what insurance is like in Dubai, maybe if you're indicated for the test (advanced age, history of chromosomal abnormalities, something else) then it would be covered?

Rebecca, glad you're feeling... er... worse! Lol.

I have a big bin of maternity clothes in the garage, but I need DH to get them down for me. I'll definitely be a bit choosier this time, I've sort of refined my personal style since 2011 and there were a lot of mat clothes that made me feel really frumpy and dumpy. Probably going to buy some new pieces. I think the rule will be that if I wouldn't wear a non-maternity version of it, no way will I buy it.

I actually love the point where you start to show and you get to dress a whole new body shape. It's so opposite the usual process of trying to minimize every part of your body.

But I don't feel like I'm showing at all. Last time around now I was really bloated, and this time I feel normal. Maybe my steady diet of chocolate and Cheetos is paying off!

Had another big fresh red bleed this afternoon. Tuesday needs to hurry up for this scan now!!!

Oh, Kirsty, take it easy... can you put your feet up and relax? Hard with little ones, I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->