**April Bunnies 2015**

Congrats Oswin!

Are there any other ladies who won't be getting a scan until 12 weeks? Can we band together and wait together while the rest have scans at 6-9 weeks???

Beautiful scan Oswin!! :)

Northern-my due date is April 30th, thanks for the add!!

Caz- I am sorry to hear about what you went through. But I am glad you ended up with good news!

TaraCathryn- I know what you mean about living vicariously. I know I've already had a scan, but it feels like a really long time for me until I get my next one (where I should see a baby and not just a blob). It won't be until the very last day of September. So, I am living through everyone having scans right now. :)

I also think I feel my baby moving. I know that sounds ridiculous. But I don't know what else it could be. I started feeling it about 2 days ago. It happens at night. I feel it right in my uterus, and it is a like a localized mild tickling. It could be gas, but I would think I would actually have gas at the time I am feeling it, and I am not.

Hello! I just found this thread. My EDD is 4/11/15! May I join?

Lauren26- Welcome to the fold! It took me a while to find this place too!

Wishing everyone luck on their upcoming scans!

I wanted to say thanks to the teachers who gave me heads up on being in the classroom while in first tri. Everybody was dead on with their advice. MS hasn't been a problem, but the fatigue is kicking my butt!:sleep:

Welcome, Lauren! Welcome back, Caz; I'm so glad you've had good news! We have quite the group going here! :)

I wish I wanted to do something! I feel okay for the most part, but it's really difficult to force myself to do anything. I really want to snuggle on the couch with DD and watch a movie! Like, for the next ten days! :p

I won't be having a scan until 12 weeks, so some time in October. Forever away!

I have my referral appointment tomorrow so I should get appointment letters for my booking in appointment and my scan in a weeks time. Both will be in October.

Hurray, Oswin and Caz for good scans!

Welcome to Lauren and Amelie!

Well, I think my first symptoms are starting to make themselves known... fatigue and light-headedness. Last night, trying to get my super-energized 2-y.o. to let me put her eye drops in, I was so exhausted that I snapped at her, "I AM SO FRUSTRATED! YOU ARE MAKING ME SO SO SO SO FRUSTRATED!" And she thought my staccato delivery was hilaaaaarious, like I was doing it to be funny instead of out of pure exasperation. Luckily I even kind of made myself laugh so the tension eased up.

And I've found myself getting light-headed in the evening, especially if I've been sitting for a while and then get up. Not a symptom I had with my first!

I have my GP referral appt tomorrow too. No idea when I will see the midwife.

My gp appt is on Wednesday, scan will probably be mid October too. At least it's September tomorrow so it's only 6-7 weeks away... :coffee:

I have a GP appointment on Friday. I'm hoping he will get the heart beat and we can do our announcement on the weekend!

So the Starbucks I went to doesn't have Pumpkin Spice yet. Big disappointment.

For those dealing with fatigue, I'm finding that if I keep going and push myself to continue on with my day and all of the things DD needs/wants, I'm not as tired. If I spend the day laying down doing nothing, I am useless.

Congrats on your good scan Oswin. Sorry ladies who have to wait. I know that is so tough. (((Hugs)))

I'm so excited because we are going to tell my dad and his wife tonight. I have already told a couple of my close friends and my grandmother and sister. But my mom is passed away, as is DH's mother (and I would never dream of leaving a baby with his father, lol). So my dad and his wife will be the only real grandparents. I am so excited. I am my dad's only child, and this is my first, so it really is a special day. He has had some grandpa practice with his wife's grandkids, but I know it will be so special to him to have a real flesh and blood grandchild!

He knows we have been trying a long time and were doing our first fertility treatment, but I have not updated him. And he is wise enough not to ask...just wait and know I will tell him what I want to when I want to. I got him a shirt, which I attached a picture of. I'm wondering if he'll look at it without really reading it and just wonder why I got him a "Godfather" shirt. Haha! Can't wait! I'll let you guys know how it goes. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-08-31 13.47.16 copy.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-08-31 13.47.16 copy.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 0
Sarah what a great story and a great shirt! I'm sure your dad will be so excited.

Sarah that's so cute :)

We don't really do big announcements here, people just tend to tell family and close friends as they see them and then it filters down through people, so it's really interesting for me to read about the different ways people are announcing it abroad :)

Northern, that sucks about your pumpkin spice latte! What a bummer.

Usually once I get moving I do much better, but then there are days like yesterday & today where I keep forcing myself to do stuff, but everything feels like a huge effort and I never feel any better. :p Hopefully leaving the house for errands will perk me up! :)

Sarah, that's awesome and so exciting! I can't wait to hear how it goes. :)

Sarah that is fantastic!!! If my dad was still alive I would be stealing that idea!!! Your dad sounds really lovely, lucky grandchild.

Thank you for all the congrats and love xx

Sarah, how cute! I love the shirt.

We don't do big announcements, but last time we found a platter of brownies that were labeled "Family Brownies" and DH bought one to take to his work with a little sign that said, "From DH, Citymouse, and Mouselet." Except the container they gave us didn't have a logo that said "Family Brownies" or anything, it was just a normal platter of brownies, so everyone just thought he decided for some reason to buy everyone brownies and randomly mention that we were having a baby.

Lol! That's funny city mouse!

Sara, that's an awesome shirt!! I'm sure the moment will be priceless, enjoy it!!

Northern-you are so right about if you can just get up and moving it doesn't seem that bad!! I wanted to get out for a walk with DD today but it's 90 degrees and soooo muggy. We did do a little trip to the mall but I digress, Thai on the couch beats out the walk...LOL useless, but yummy!! ;)

I've never been a big fan of fall-ish drinks-pumpkin and what not but that sounded strangely good to me!!

Anyone used hylands tablets for teething? I think my 5 month old is starting to teeth-constant whining, rejecting her bottle...she hates teething toys and I tried ice cubes in a wash cloth...help me, please! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->