**April Bunnies 2015**

Cravings appear to have hit me, and are all that I can face eating. Carbs, cheese/dairy, that's it. Cheese on toast, pizza, cheeseburger, that's basically all I've had for the last few days. It's like being hungover, can't decide what I want to eat, totally turned off things I usually love, then I devour the carby cheesy goodness...and am hungry again an hour and a half later!

Rebecca- it's so exciting! you're close to the end of 1st tri soon and hopefully you won't need to take anything for nausea and vomiting anymore! :) hehe spicy foods sound fun I love them but unfortunately can't handle them in pregnancy.

xanzaba- I know exactly where you are as I was the same in my previous pregnancy. had so many reassurance scans and to check on the sch. thankfully by 14-16 weeks I stopped bleeding completely and the sch had resolved itself. I hope yours resolved even sooner as it's so scary to see blood even when you think it's just the sch bleeding itself out. good luck on your scan!

northern- have you had no scans so far? no 12 wk scan coming up? around here even places that aren't scan happy will offer one at 12 wks. I hope your dr will offer you one soon.

citymouse- I know that feeling well. sometimes I want to brush my teeth after eating anything......even not in pregnancy lol! I don't know why!

kristy- good luck tomorrow!

I felt something weird where I think baby is! it's too soon for movement! probably gas!!

is it just me or others annoyed by their DH/so during pregnancy? I was annoyed by him last time but didn't show it till after we had dd and that's when it all came loose. now I'm getting annoyed again.

lithodora- I like carbs more than normal right now so I understand but dairy isn't a favorite at all right now. I can have it but I need sparkling lemon water immediately after or I'll be sick lol! but I understand the constant hunger...I had it with dd and can see myself having it again.

Rebecca I have been craving spicy things too, I want mexican for dinner but DH hates it so I'm hoping to talk him into Olive Garden..I know it's all so bad for me, but man it sounds good! I'm also craving the cheesy stuff, last night I had mac n'cheese and a grilled cheese sandwich!!

Perplexed, I'm sorry you are annoyed with DH, that must make it so much harder. Is there anything particular he's doing to annoy you??

Afm, so far so good with DH, most of the time he's been very good and helping out more than usual, could still be better but I'll take what I can get!

I'm basically sustaining myself on grilled cheese right now. I can't handle anything else. I had a few good days and now I throw everything up again.

Perplexed - no scan until 18 weeks here.

I'm basically sustaining myself on grilled cheese right now. I can't handle anything else. I had a few good days and now I throw everything up again.

Perplexed - no scan until 18 weeks here.

Well look at it this way, grilled cheese had protein and calcium and if you eat it on whole grain bread it's good for you!

I'd go nuts without a scan yet but at least you are getting your little one's hb on doppler, that must make you feel better. I will do an NT scan at about 12 weeks and then nothing until 20 weeks unless we can talk them into an anatomy scan at about 16, but I don't have a clue what my insurance will pay for.

My dh has been amazing this past week, which I'm surprised by, I thought he'd be freaked out.

I'm feeling very lonely and panicky about all this today, sitting at home alone all day so too much time to think. I wish I could talk face to face with my mum or a friend and tell them. Everything seems so far away, reassurance, scan, heartbeat! For now I have cramping and food aversions and that's it, I'm grateful but nervous :(

I had to tell a few close family members and friends, I needed someone to talk to. We only told those who we consider our support system. Still haven't told my brother or my niece yet and I want to tell her so bad because we are close but she has a big mouth!

Hello emotional roller coaster. I'm sending DD to grade 1 on Wednesday and I'm distraught over it. You'd swear she hadn't already spent the last two years in full day JK and senior K . OH is useless on this topic because he thinks she is fine(which I'm sure she is). Just had a total meltdown thinking that I'm eventually going to have to go through the whole thing again in 5 years! Ugh!

I would love to tell someone but those I want to tell are far away and I would like to talk to someone in person rather than on the phone. We could tell mil and sil but, they're not my people, yknow?

Sigh, so worked up, confused and miserable today.

Lithodora, don't forget that some of what you're feeling is probably hormonal. So your feelings are being magnified. I don't know why, but post-partum it always made me feel so much better to think, "This is hormonal, it's not necessarily how I really feel."

Is there something you can do to distract yourself? Poor Mama!

Northern, I sympathize. I'm sure you would be emotional even if you weren't pregnant, so now it's twice as bad I'm sure.

Lithodora, I'm sorry you are frustrated. I have only told my dad and his wife on my end, I don't really have a many people. Sending hugs your way!

Telling my dad went well last night. He and his wife were really happy for us. He grows a bunch of basil every summer, and we all make tons of pesto together assembly line style. It freezes well to use throughout the year. It is a fun tradition, and it really struck me when his wife said, "Next year, I can hold the baby while you do that." Like I know when it's coming, but it was just so amazing to think that baby will be a few months old by the time we're doing this next year.

I was just starting to think I was getting away with relatively few side effects this first trimester. I still do not have nausea or MS as long as I eat frequently, which I'm so grateful for. But today I woke up feeling just absolutely exhausted. I almost fell asleep at the restaurant where we were eating lunch. LOL. I was super exhausted in weeks 4-5, but I've had a nice little break in which I've been feeling pretty good. I guess your body just catches up sometimes. I think I'm going to go take a nap or at least watch some TV snuggled on the couch.

Hugs to all you ladies, especially those feeling anxious and moody. This too shall pass!! :)

Sara I'm so glad it went well for you!! I love pesto!! OMG now I want some lol.

It's funny how you think of the things you do on a yearly basis and how next year you will have a little one with you. Makes everything better in my mind!

Sara, what a sweet story! It made me smile from the inside out :)

Having a bit of a dilemma- my first smell aversion is the puppy. DH is great, and he washed her for me, but even after the bath I can't stand to be near her...

I had the same issue with my dog a few weeks ago. I was urging every time she came near me and if she was hiding under a bed I could tell she was in a room just by smell. Thankfully it stopped!

Maybe spray her with a leave-in conditioner or rub some lotion into her hair? They probably make "body spray" for dogs!

I hear you, Sarah... I'm so tired today. It doesn't help that I'm in the crunch-time on a huge work project that's due tomorrow... I worked all weekend and I'm sure I'll be up late tonight and work all day and late again tomorrow. And my daughter has decided that 6:15 am is a great time to wake up. So that's lovely.

I don't do that thinking of things we do yearly and thinking of them next year with a baby, I have too good of a memory for some things better forgotten and should anything go wrong with this pregnancy I would then think of all the things I had said/thought about next year and feel stupid and disappointed.

God I need it to be late October already!

Kirsty good luck tomorrow with scan! Will be thinking of you and I bet you see a wee jumping jelly bean hehe

Lithodora sorry you feeling down but like others have said it is the hormones and unfortunately you will get down days throughout the whole pregnancy :( even the first few days after birth when the blues hit! Just remember it's only hormones and once they settle you will feel great!

Northern I can't imagine how awful you must be feeling. :hugs: hg is so tough and you are v brave to go through it!

I haven't had a full night sleep in about 1.5 years due to previous pregnancy and my 1 year old never sleeping through the night and after a busy day at work I am well and truly knackered!!! Phew not felt this tired since last pregnancy I feel like I could sleep 20 hours :Haha: but will be up through night with ds :(

Night girlies xxx

Northern- that's good to know the dog smell aversion might go away.

Citymouse- I might try that. I wonder if they make dry shampoo for dogs... I think part of the problem might be her bully stick. We gave her a dental stick and it seems to be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->