April Hatchlings <3 twenty12[8 babies!!]

Hi Ladies! (I havent posted in a while, but i have been following all the lovely stories and looking at the beautiful babies!- Congrats to all!) Here I am still pregnant and super jelly that I am not yet holding my little man in my arms like you ladies are.

I had a sweep Monday and now I'm at 3cm dilated and 75% effaced. Doc says she's hoping I go naturally into labor but if not, she has scheduled an induction for this Saturday am. Sunday, we thought it was the day- I was having steady contractions every 9 minutes all day and then all of a sudden they stopped and since then I havent really felt much.

I feel like I've tried it all- bouncing on a ball, walking, eating pineapples (which only left me with major heartburn) the only other thing to try is the actual deed- and really its the last thing I wanna do, haha. Any feedback on other natural ways to induce labor is super welcomed!

Again, congrats to all the mamas! :)

ladyE- just goes to show when they are ready they will come :) Enjoy yourself before he comes! I wish I could still sleep some more hehe.

I think my little man has a blocked tear duct which makes me sad to look at. Doctor tomorrow anyways for his 2 week check up! time is just going too fast!

Marlee- guess you're right! Good luck with your lil man's appt- Im sure everything will be alrighht! :hugs:

LadyE-congrats!!

Marlee - Hope the appointment goes well.

I am a first time mom and I have a questions for all you experienced mommies :)

Aria is almost 6 weeks old and is a pretty good nighttime sleeper. She often sleeps 4-5.5 hours between feeds. She goes to bed at 8 and usually sleeps until 1-2am before waking up. The stretches of sleep after this are usually shorter. I go back to work part-time in 2 weeks and we are trying to find a better schedule so I actually get some sleep. My husband is usually awake until 12. So we are hoping if he feeds her at 12 her longest stretch of sleep will be when we are sleeping. I go to bed around 10. She is breastfeed but I pump so that my husband can give her bottles once a day. We have tried this the last few nights. The first night she went back to sleep easily. Last night she fussed for a bit and was back asleep at 130am. Last night she didn't wake up for another feed until 530 which would work well on days I work. Plus it means I get 7.5 hours of sleep! However, when we have done this she is really noisy when she goes to sleep again after the 12am feeding - lots of grunting, other noises, and pushing against the swaddle. So I am concerned she is not getting a good sleep. What are your thoughts on this? Is waking her up for a feed a good idea? My husband said she was out when he woke her up last night. Will this work?

actually found this interesting!

Your Newborn's Sleep

Caring for any newborn is a lot of work, but it's even harder when parents are sleep-deprived and exhausted.

The good news is that by 4-6 months most babies have developed a regular sleep pattern and the ability to sleep through the night. The bad news is that, until that time, it's unrealistic and unfair to expect your baby to be a great sleeper. In the first months, the average infant sleeps around 13 to 16 hours or so, but that sleep may occur unpredictably and for just a few hours at a time.

Recommended Related to Parenting - Baby (0-12 months)

Baby Personality Quiz: Tips for Dealing With Your Baby&#8217;s Unique Type

Who is this little creature, this dictator dressed in a diaper? She's your baby, of course. And if you want to understand the newest member of your family, you need to study her in her natural habitat. In short, learn her temperament. Child development experts watch several key traits when determining a baby's temperament. So maybe your baby is feisty or easygoing; or maybe she hates change. By identifying her behavior, you can work in tandem with her -- making everyone's life in her little...

Read the Baby Personality Quiz: Tips for Dealing With Your Baby&#8217;s Unique Type article > >

As the brain matures over the first months, you'll probably begin to see a sleep pattern emerge: longer periods of sleep (hopefully at night), more activity during the day, less activity at night, and more sleep during growth spurts. (Much of growth occurs during sleep.)

Tips for Parents of Newborns:

· Keep your expectations realistic. Plan for unpredictable, sporadic sleep for your baby -- and therefore for you -- in the first few months.

· Don't try to sleep train your baby yet. It's too early to let your baby "cry it out." Since it takes 3-6 months for a baby's brain to mature enough to establish a regular pattern and to sleep through the night, wait until then to try sleep training.

· Once feeding is well-established, never wake a sleeping baby during the night. Your baby&#8217;s pediatrician will give you advice for your individual baby, but typically, once your newborn has regained her birth weight, usually by 2 weeks of age, it will not be necessary to wake your child to eat at night. For premature or special-needs babies, you may need to adjust feedings.

· Check for signs of illness if baby's sleep pattern changes suddenly. It may be that baby is awakened by an ear infection. It may be simply a new turn in her development or a case of baby being overstimulated.

· Never prop a baby bottle in your infant's mouth when you put her to bed. It can lead to choking and ear infections.

Thanks!

I feel your pain about having to wake up every 2-3 hours to feed. In Aria's first week of life she had Jaundice and lost more than 10% of her birth weight so I was instructed by the pediatrician to feed her every 2 hours even through the night. At 10 days she was back up to her birth weight and I was told I can let her sleep. It's only the last week or so that she has started sleeping longer stretches. I am not going to wake her up at 12 tonight to feed her and will let her wake up on her own and see how it goes. Not sure if I will continue to wake her up to eat or not.

https://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c60/xoitsbrookeox/548892_10150797173479052_513129051_11897301_749309771_n.jpghttps://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c60/xoitsbrookeox/552723_10150797174289052_513129051_11897314_870964009_n.jpg

Deegan Ryan Williams 03.28.2012 6 pounds 15 ounces : )

hi everyone, i hope you all remember me and it's definitely been a while!!

it seems like i've missed out on hundreds of pages so im sending congratulations to you all on the birth of your children. i will catch up properly but for now congratulations to you all and your family. if you haven't had your baby yet, good luck!

Ruby is now home from hospital. she was finally discharged this morning after 33 long days and im pleased to say she is doing so well. it was very strange bringing home a 1 month old baby rather than a newborn but we're just very relieved she is home at last. i hope you're all well, can't wait to get chatting again.

Erin, yah! so glad your little one is finally home!! Mine was in NICU for 12 days, so I do feel for you. 33 days would of been agony!

LOL, there's nothing wrong wanting another :D

Erin your not the only one I'm already thinking about number 2 lol but I'm going to enjoy #1 for a while the I have to somehow convince my husband for a #2 :)

Erin - I am so happy for you that Ruby is home!

Erin...fantastic news that Ruby is home, and as for #3.....go for it! :) . I was convinced that this (#4) was my last one, and hubby is itching to get to docs to get "sorted", BUT somehow I'm scared making things so permanent, oh dear.....

I feel a cluster of births coming so I'm stalking....good luck all ladies still pregnant.
BWilliams... Deegan is adorable!

please tell me it isn't bad i'm sat here thinking about #3?!

SO glad Ruby is home and doing well:)

You are so not the only one thinking of another baby!!lolI am thinking I could have a fourth!! lol We have said our 3rd will be our last, but something inside me is saying maybe a 4th?? lol If we did have another one, I would wait a few years so at least my 2 oldest kids are in school full time:)

Hi girls,

Just wanted to add my birth story of my little one. Michael Allen was born at 6:29 am on April 9th. I was in labor for 28 hours...started in the middle of the night on Saturday night. I had horrible back labor and was in a lot of pain. My husband and I went to the hospital once my contractions were 5 min apart. I went to L&D and they checked me...only 2 cm. The nurse had me walk around for an hour and checked me again...no change. So - they set me home to continue to labor on my own. I labored until 3 PM on Sunday and went back and was now 3 cm. They admitted me. I was in soooo much pain and got an epidural which was AMAZING! After that, I continued to dilate at a good rate until I got to 6 cm. Then everything just stalled out. They broke my bag of water, but that did not make me dilate anymore. Then, they started me on a very low dose of pitocin. Within 2 min of starting me on the pitocin - baby's heart rate dropped from 140 to the 70's. It was the scariest moment of my life...alarms were going off, the nurses were flipping me from side to side and giving me oxygen. Thankfully, his heart rate went back up to normal. They tried this 2 more times and the same thing kept happening. Finally, the doctor checked my cervix again and I was so swollen from having so many hard contractions that my cervix was actually swollen and had gone from 6 cm to 4-5 cm. At that point, she told me I would need a c-section. I thought I would be devastated, but I wasn't. I just wanted him out, safe, and in my arms by that point. The surgery was not bad at all and went really quick. Baby Michael was 7 lbs 2 oz and 19" long. His birth was with out a doubt the happiest moment of my life.

Attachments

• photo-28.jpg
    photo-28.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1
Hey ladies sorry I have been MIA for a while. Dylan was sick for a while and not doing to well and then he was circumcised last Wednesday ad that has been rough as well. Dylan FINALLY made it back to birth weight last week! He is now around 7lbs 6oz so still a little guy... He eats every 30 minutes 1 hour even at night so I am exhausted. I have also been experiencing extreme headaches and a bruised spine feeling that had been spreading... I think the problems they and getting te epideral in is to blame.

I really am thinking of having a fourth just have to convince the hubby... I really want another girl. I would like Dylan and the fourth to be 2 years apart.

thank you all for the messages regarding Ruby's homecoming. it's still very surreal having her home, i don't think it'll sink it for a while. OH and i's 5 year anniversary is coming up so we've decided that having our two children with us at home is the best present ever!

again, huge congratulations to all of you april mummies on the birth or upcoming birth of your child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->