April Mummies 2011

:haha: I love that!!! Thanks for making me chuckle on a horrible Monday morning, Gertrude! Actually lol-ing!

I found the one I mentioned too: https://jasongood.net/365/2012/12/46-reasons-why-my-three-year-old-might-be-freaking-out/ No pics so not quite as funny but I've had Rex freak out a quite a few of the same things!

Sarah I was laughing too as just today Amelia had a freak out over a top being back to front. Hence the pic on facebook. This is my life. Daily.

gotta love toddler freak outs (sometimes ;))

afraid alex stays in his bed all night everynight, but saying that although I know he can climb out (done it once) he doesn't, so is still confined to a cot...might be a different story once we take the side off!! although he NEVER settles in our bed, can't remember the last time he slept with us, I reckon well before he was one so hoping its doubtful he'll start now, seems to need his own space at night.

I barely slept last night though, think I've hit the final month stage of feeling really uncomfortable :dohh:, heartburn got me good and proper, hurt to turn etc...sorry pity party here :rofl: BUT we've at least had a lovely day today :thumbup: xx

Caro the last month is always the bloody worst!!

I remember Jake being very very similar to Alex. Slept in his own bed, never settled in ours. Even now, at 4, he prefers his. I should hope so too haha

Amelia stays in hers now, too. Took two years, mind!! She's a good sleeper now and doesn't nap anymore, which definitely helps.

She is obsessed with washing hands, it's because of the potty training but even when we dropped off jake at school this morning, she saw the toilets and said "mummy, I want to wash hands", think its all a bit of a gimmick at the moment. Wouldn't mind but we are on a bloody water meter. Little cow!

Toby has been a better sleeper these past few weeks. The twins are loud enough to wake him up maybe once a night but DH takes him straight back to his own bed a d he doesn't put up a fight so it's ok.

Danielle, I got an egift from you earlier today! MASSIVE thank you!! You ladies are far too lovely with your Starbucks generosity :D :hugs: I feel a bit bad as I haven't worked out how to redeem it in the uk yet but I haven't been on my laptop so I guess that's where I'll find the answer! Xx

Caro, I can't believe you only have 5 weeks left. Ohmygodness it seems to have flown by! At least from here it does but then people said that about my pregnancy and for me that totally dragged. Hope it passes quickly for you :D

Love those websites... Made me chuckle as I could definitely relate to a few. Toby had a paddy today while getting dressed. He had one sock on but wanted the other sock to go on the same foot. :dohh:

So I know this is going to sound bad but only 7 adults showed up yo my baby shower :'(

Caro, could baby arrive any time now?! Cant believe how quick these pregnancies are going!

Sam thats not bad... better than none eh an at least you had a baby shower :)

Umm on my phone an cant remember everything everones put so sorry I know ive missed people lol.

Ah jeez id better sleep im shattered. Done nothing but walk for like 3 days. I have blisters on the back of my feet:(

So poppy ended up in bed with us last night i reckon she knew we were talking about it lol

Hahaha same... after all that "Toby stays in his own bed" stuff, the twins woke up for their early morning feed at 4:30 and I find that tobys snuck his way in between me and DH and is fast asleep with a toy car in one hand :haha:

Sam - 7 is a lovely number :) where you expecting more? I found that as I've got older I have less people around me but those that are are amazing friends :)

Well ladies, yet another month where TTC isn't going to work :D OH has gone away with work and I'm Oing this week :haha: Ever get the impression something just isn't meant to be? :dohh:

Gertrude how can you orgasm without him there? :s you dont need an orgasm to get pregnant anyway do you?!

:haha: bless you Gem, DH def has to be around to get a baby ;)

Bummer Gertrude :(, how next month looking? could get 2 born in april if you get another bpf in july!

:hugs: Sam, we don't really do baby showers here so i'm not having one. Some of my friends threw me a surprise one with alex but I don't see them regularly anymore :( (that hurts...another story!), but that was literally for my group of friends so there was only about 5-6 of us there. Hope you still got some lovely stuff, and i'm sure those that did turn up mean more to you than those who didn't bother!

Gem, I'm hoping baby doesn't turn up just yet, I want another home birth and kinda gotta be 37weeks for that to happen, so another couple weeks and then baby could come! however my best friend gets married when i'm 38+5 and i'd love to make it to her wedding, so if baby waits until 39wks that'd be perfect ;)...obviously can't be that uncomfortable to wish another nearly 4wks on myself :rofl:, slept much better last night :thumbup:

There were 30 or so at Rosie's. It really was great but I also feel bad for my mom who went too big because 17 people said they would be there. Makes for an easy list of thank you cards to send though.
Going to southern California today for a few days and I'm excited!!! It has been so long since I've been and I'm ready!!

I've never had a baby shower, so I haven't a clue how many would come if I were to do one!? I'm sorry it wasn't as expected Sam, but at least 7 is a nice amount!

How does it work? Do you have one for each child? I so so clueless!!

Oh LOL blonde moment much! Yeah ovulating makes much more sense aha!

How come you have to be 37 weeks for a home birth? Hope baby stays put as long as you want it too :)

Oh yeah ive bid on a lovely little flat not far from my mums and only a few houses down from my nans :) got a garden too. Should know sometime next week if I have it! Pretty excited about it tbh. Says im first in the list so lets hope it stays that way!

aww fx'ed gem!! be brilliant to get your own place :D

need to be low risk to have a homebirth and term isn't classed until 37wks so before that baby is technically premature. I know some people would argue before that point but tbh i'd rather just have baby in hospital if it came early, plus as my mums gonna be my 2nd midwife I know she'd not want me to have s/he at home before 37wks so wouldn't support me, or i'd be putting her in a difficult position :). Doubtful baby will come before then anyways as I went to 40+8 with alex ;) xx

Here you can have one for each kid. My friends all said to go for it. Plus in terms of registering I tried to go for things I needed more than just wanted (breast pump parts and such). I also had a diaper lotto/raffle where guests can choose to bring an additional gift of a bag of diapers and put their name in drawing to win a prize. We played games (don't say the word baby, how big is mom - measure with ribbon and the closest wins) and had some food. We had nachos and cup cakes. It was a really nice party. My friend called last night because she spaced it and felt bad so she was trying yo bribe me with presents lol. She was telling me that I NEED a double BOB stroller (not for $800-900!) And that she wanted to get me one. I'm not going to hold my breath but I am also not going to say no :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->