April Mummies 2011

Ooh I would love a home birth!! I may as well have had one with Amelia as I was only there an hour then she arrived, seemed pointless!

The only concern I have is ambulance access although I'm fairness, my husband could drive me there. Hospital is a 2 minute drive and my labours have all been smooth and problem free. The only other con is we are in a maisonette; therefore I wouldn't eat upstairs or next door hearing my moaning at god knows what time!!

I'm seriously considering a home birth next time. There was just a few things I didn't like about the hospital & I absolutely hated that first night on my own. If I could guarantee to be out in 6 hours with no. 2 & not have to stay over night, I'd do hospital again but they can't guarantee that so I'd rather be at home. DH isn't fully onside with this yet though. That's my only problem!

well, you don't really NEED DH....turkey baster has worked for many women i know :rofl:

Omg yeah! Gertrude invest in a turkey baster! Then you still have a chance while hes away! :p

Wouldnt a home birth be messy?

I can vouch for HB's being amazing ;)...but might be a little bias :haha:. Not messy at all, had Alex in my living room and had cream carpets throughout the house :thumbup:

Was going to say, it'd be less messy than a hospital birth!!

Sazzle, with your second, if you have a smooth delivery and its morning, early afternoon, I wouldn't be surprised if they allow you home after 6 hours. They like to just evict you from your bed ASAP haha

Bit like when I was waiting for my d&c 2 weeks ago, I had to wait in RECOVERY for my operation. How backwards! Then I was evicted an hour after the op. I know it's completely different to a delivery but our NHS don't like to keep us in for too long. I say it with a bit of jest before I'm pounced on!

I'd much rather a home birth and I'd be fully supported but there's still that fear of birthing a HUGE baby and it getting stuck. Eek!

Id be terrified of a home birth in case anything went wrong, despite being less than 2 miles from the hospital. I'm too much of a worrier!

God girls I'm sooo hormonal just now. Super emotional. I cried like crazy earlier while feeding the twins because I realised that I'll never experience pregnancy again or have a newborn again after these two. I loooove the newborn phase, it doesn't last long enough.
DH is back to work tomorrow (can't believe it's been two weeks already) and I'm terrified of how I'm going to cope with the twins and Toby on my own. I'm still so super tired, I've been falling asleep with Toby at nap time while DH watches the babies. I can't imagine all 3 boys sleeping simultaneously so I can nap with them though so I'm scared of what the tiredness will do to me. Errrrrrk.

Aww Katherine I can see you are so anxious about tomorrow. I was like that with ONE, but you know what. You will be ok. You will just do what you gotta do and us mums can be tough, y'know. The only thing I can think of, is feed those babies before Toby's nap, get them settled them sleep with Toby in your bed..if he will? I remember literally giving jake his brekky, then two hours later falling asleep with them both in my bed.

Wish I was that bit bloody closer so I could help with toby.

After I lost my recent pregnancy, I couldn't imagine going through that heartbreak and again and almost convinced myself that I'd never be pregnant again. I got so emotional, I started hyper ventilating?! Wtf? I just ADORED being pregnant and feeling the baby, the surprise of them arrive etc. and the newborn cuddly phase. Now I have two moany kids that moaned all day!! I want another baby but not yet.

Sorry, went off on a tangent then!! Huge hugs Katherine. If it gets too much, have a full on rant on here xx

I have finally stopped bleeding and feel great! It feels awful saying that, but I do feel more positive. Still awaiting the phone call for the genetic results. See if its something that we could be carrying etc.
I'm so lazy. I could EASILY pop to my closest supermarket (2 min drive) or walk into town (15 mins) and the kids really aren't that bad at all in the supermarket, but I did some online food shopping tonight with Ocado. Spent £50 and found a code online for a tenner off. Free delivery as its midday tomorrow. Got a ton on Laverstoke Park Meat I.e Buffalo meatballs, buffalo milk etc. can't believe I have never used it yet! I guess I've never felt the need too, but if I was really busy with work etc then I would do more often.

Anyone else use online grocery shopping?

Home births are AWEOME! :)
Aleena was born at home, and I wouldn't do it any other way next time

Just wanna write about life in Ga. Haven't updated on anyone's life, will do that in a moment. It comes and goes my feelings for Ga. Sometimes I'm alright and other times I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. :(

It's hard to ask for help when you've been on your own for 5 years. Michael always knew what to do, I didn't really have to ask. And if I did it was always done.

Now I feel like when I do ask, what I really wanted is never done or there is friction behind like. It's tooth and nail to get someone to ACTUALLY watch Josie as in, leave me alone and take Josie elsewhere. It's happened like maybe twice since I've been here. So in that time I had do homework, so I've had literally ZERO time to myself except when Josie goes to sleep.

I mean I should count my lucky stars I know.... but I just feel like it's going to get worse when the baby comes. Of course I'm hormonal too from being pregnant but sometimes I feel like I just can't deal.

And other times it feels nice, like maybe there is going to be some sort of routine I can count on. Routine is key with moms with babies. If my friend/roommate can be awake and upstairs around 5ish so that Josie will pay attention to her and stop needing on me, I can be okay. 4-5 is usually my breaking point. I've been Number 1 and only all day and feeling like I get no reprieve sends me reeling.

I have to believe it'll get better, but at the same times I feel like "damn I've only been here three weeks and i'm already losing it?" It makes me feel useless and of course like a bad parent.

Just read some updates:
Sam: Sorry only a few people came. Josie's baby shower was nothing special and I don't even think I'll be getting one this time around.

Cottles: Did I miss something, when you said the twins are the last newborns you'll have? Are you guys done after that? Not that I disagree or anything. just wondering, was three your goal?

Gertrude: Catch that egg! Turkey basters all the way!

Home births- I think they sound lovely but I could never do it because of my anxiety. The fact that I had pre-e last time around... even though Josie was fine, it made me realize how quickly things can get really bad. So I can't bring myself to do it.

:hugs: casey, its tough when you feel like you've got no time at all to yourself, my breaking point in the day by myself is often about 4-5 too!

Katherine, :hugs: I'm sure you'll manage today just fine hun, somehow you'll get through it. What time is DH home?

We've just had someone out to look in the chimney, turns out there's baby jackdaws in there :dohh: so gotta wait to remove the nest until they've gone, prob around July time. Therefore looks like we've company for this baby's birth :dohh:. Really annoyingly though he charged me £20 just for looking!! grrr. IF we use them to remove the nest in a few mths and fit a wood burner they'd better knock that £20 off again!

Those scared of homebirth due to complications, I've been assured any concerns they'll suggest you transfer in before they become an emergency. And in a real emergency situation (which true ones are really really rare) it'll take the same amount of time to transfer to hospital as it would to get a surgical team ready to go in hospital, therefore whilst you're on your way the surgical team is getting ready for your arrival for you to go straight into theatre :).

Imo homebirths for low risk pregnancy are safer than hospital, you have one midwife with you and you only from when you're in established labour (with alex, way earlier than i'd have felt a need to go in!) and then 2 with you for the final stages, this was about the last 3hrs with alex, plus they clear everything up and take anything bloody/body fluids away with them :D. Non of this sharing midwives amongst those labouring :). BUT you also have to feel 100% confident wherever you choose to give birth xx

I only had one midwife with me anyway even when delivering... think ot was because it happened so quick lol. She checked me an told me I'd be there a few more hours then a few mins later I was telling her i needed to poo lol! An then he was out in like 3 pushes.

Id choose a different hospital next time though. My local hospital worried me sick throughout telling me all different things were wrong but it all turned out fine.

in hospital I think it's normal to only have one midwife cos there's a buzzer if they need backup :D, obviously at home if baby and mum were both to need assistance they'd need another person there :).

Gosh wish Alex would have come out in so little pushes! I pushed for over 2 hours :/ :haha:

2 hours!!! That's exhausting Caro!! Even though Amelia was the wrong way, she was out in two pushes! But jake took 45 mins, so your next could fly out !

I find the hardest part of the day is...erm...NOW ! Between 2-4 the kids just lose it and start going mad fighting, screaming, can't play. Even if I take them out the just play up. But I can't let them nap anymore as they won't settle at night if I do.

May go find a park and let them run riot but guaranteed someone will end up hurt!

eugh good luck Rachel!

fx'ed the next comes out a bit easier ;), you had the advantage with a face up baby that you'd already had Jake ;). Hoping this ones not back to back :D, ...she says slouching on the sofa :rofl:

I pushed for 1hr 40mins so I feel your pain, Caroline! I was absolutely exhausted at the end. I look like shit on our first ever photo! :haha: Suppose when your first baby is just over 9lb, it's going to take some pushing! Hopefully the next baby will be smaller & fly out!

On days at home, my breaking point usually around 4.30 whilst trying to cook dinner with a whinging toddler round my legs! Argh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->