April Mummies 2011

Sounds fun though?
Now I'm on the way to being able to walk a bit longer than the time it takes to do food shopping, I want to take Toby to the zoo. Or a farm. He loooves feeding the animals last year. Might try and arrange it for next month before school holidays- leave the twins with MIL and have some Toby time.

Aww that's exciting news gem.
Cottles that sounds a lovely idea sure Toby will love it x

hope isis is feeling better soon Danielle.

Alex has come down with a bit of a cold, both yesterday and today he woke really upset, yesterday so bad he made himself sick. :(, then this morning was similar but I wasn't silly and didn't give him milk until he'd calmed down (DH learnt his lesson the hard way ;)). It's like he's choking on his own snot and then panicking. Seems ok ish after the initial get ups done, although def still under the weather.

Hope everyone celebrating father's day today is having a nice day xx

Hope Alex & Isis get well quickly. Poor little things :(

AF showed up this morning. Phew! 3 days late but was starting to worry a bit if I'm honest. Assume it was just stress delaying things. Haven't slept very well the past week cos been a bit stressed out. But all the stress is sorted now so just have to hope that Rex sleeps well & I might be able to catch up on some sleep.

I've been away for 2 nights this weekend for my sister's hen do & I misses Rex soooo much :( I saw so many families out & about today & had such a pang to get back to him. Think I felt worse knowing that we'll be apart next weekend too :( Rex is going to my parents for the weekend as I'm off to see Robbie Williams & didn't think it was fair to leave DH to cope on his own for 2 consecutive weekends!

glad AF came for you Sarah! :hugs: for missing Rex, I've never done 2 nights away from alex, can't imagine how much i'd miss him!!

we actually had a successful meal out for fathers day :D, alex behaved reasonably well! though the kids portions they served were ridiculous! 3 sausages!! And the pudding had 3 profiteroles and a massive amount of ice cream. Honestly his portion would have easily done DH :haha:

where is everyone!?!? :haha:

just had my 36wk midwife apt (with my mum :haha:, whos covering the clinic today as my normal midwife is on holiday), the little monkey has turned totally back to back :dohh:, guess i'm maybe just meant to meet my babies face to face as they come out :haha:. Otherwise all looked ok though :) xx

I'm sleeping! :haha:

Got the hump with MIL. Toby went down to stay on Sunday night and is due back tomorrow. DH got a text from her saying she now wants to bring him home on FRIDAY because it's more convenient. I'm fkn FUMING.
I'm far too hormonal and sleep deprived for this bullshit.
I want my son back!

ETA: Ok I got my way, he's back tomorrow. But I'm still questioning whether I should let her have any kids overnight if she's going to change plans like that. It's not fair.

I'm here. 34 week appointment tomorrow but counsiling today.
I totally jinxed myself. Rosie did the whole trip with minimal accidents and now she won't potty in the potty! She keeps peeing everywhere! I don't know what to do. Hellllllp!!!
My MIL kept her overnight. Still didn't get much sleep because Dh didn't have a good night. He is really struggling with some things from his past and his brother isn't much helping. He talked to his older brother a little this morning and he is going to talk to him about it more today which is good because he missed work yesterday and he is currently working for his older brother

Oh no, Caroline! At least you know you can manage a back to back labour this around.

I'd be fuming at that too, Katherine. That would've been far too long without him!

No advice to offer I'm afraid, Sam. We've not done potty training here yet. Is it a different potty than she had while away?

She has just been using the toilet everywhere. No more little potty unless she wants it.

:wacko: sam, ssorry no advice here either, we've not done one wee/poo other than in a nappy yet :dohh:

i'd def be peed off with mil too Katherine! mine keeps suggesting she'd take alex for me...errr...nope!! don't like her OH particularly (he's very dull and keeps suggesting he'll get alex into motorbikes....over my dead body will he. Plus the guy lost his leg in a motor bike accident, no way is my 2yr old son riding one!)...oops sorry mini rant :haha:

I'm looking at the positives of another back to back birth....tends to be slower, therefore more time for my midwife and mum to rearrange things so they can both be here, the tens machine worked amazingly as much of my pain was in my back, a longer birth gives DH more time to get home and get the pool filled :D...see it'll be just fine ;), just hope s/he doesn't rip me as badly as alex managed on it's exit!! xx

Aleena was back to back too, hard horrible back labor for 32 hours LOL.
I bet if I would have been in the hospital they'd have tried to force a c section on me
But I managed with my DH's and midwives support, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I think it might be cause of posture, my posture isn't that great so baby might be more comfortable that way.
or maybe just the way your pelvis is shaped, not too sure.
Maybe try to go to spinningbabies.com and see how you can change baby's position.

yeah I ought to go on spinning babies...will check that out tomorrow! got a feeling some of it is just me though for it to have happened twice now!

currently got hard lumps either side of my bump though and all squishy in the middle so god knows what its up to now!!

Funny you should say cs naima, my mums also confirmed to me if i'd been in hospital she 100% guarantee's at a minimum i'd have had an instrumental delivery, quite possibly a cs too!

yeah I ought to go on spinning babies...will check that out tomorrow! got a feeling some of it is just me though for it to have happened twice now!

currently got hard lumps either side of my bump though and all squishy in the middle so god knows what its up to now!!

Funny you should say cs naima, my mums also confirmed to me if i'd been in hospital she 100% guarantee's at a minimum i'd have had an instrumental delivery, quite possibly a cs too!

yeah thats why i loooove homebirths / birthing centers :thumbup:

hope your baby will turn though, not having back labor will be nice :winkwink:

Ooh congrats Casey!!! Lovely news!! Bet big sis is excited!

I wouldn't bet on your labour being long, Caro! Amelia was back to back and extremely quick. Something about second labours that progress quicker, although not always the case. I've heard things about third babies being the most stubborn/difficult.

Off to the doctor tomorrow as I have a small lump in my back, sort of under my ribcage, parallel to my belly button. That's the height of it. It's palpable, and does move slightlY. I'm terrified of it being something else!! My dad did suffer from fatty lumps/tumours knows and lipomas, so praying its something as minor. Can't deal with any more bad luck at the moment!!
Ill be honest, I didn't want to book the appointment as its the not knowing, but the more I thought of it, even if it is nothing, at least it gives me peace of mind that a trained professional has assessed it and I'm not worrying over nothing.

Amelia had her induction on Saturday, get to meet her key-worker at Pre-School. Jake had his at infant school, he loved it. I almost cried at the thought of him going! Gawwwd!!

Yay Casey!!!!
Jakes- hope it isn't anything serious!
We are back on the potty! Must've just been an off couple of days but she is doing good again. I even left and didn't bring a pull up and only 2 pant changes so hopefully we have a successful day.
Sitting in the waiting room for my 34 week checkup. I'll update later

Aaawww! Congrats, Casey :D

:hugs: Rachel. Fingers crossed your lump is nothing but it's best to know. Bless you for getting emotional at Jake going to school. It must be so hard though :(

Congrats Casey! :) Josie will LOVE having a little sister! I know my daughter wanted a brother, but when she got used to the idea of having a sister she was honored! She now has a list of things she wants to do with her and show her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->