April Mummies 2011

We hate hair wash here to. Although will happy shower at swimming but won't shower here and will also happy out a bucket of water over her own head when playing with water out of the bathroom! Lol

I passed my theory first time! :D just need to pass the practical now then ill be on the road... ahhhh could have a little road trip to see some of you maybe?! Omg would be awesome. But that's me getting ahead of myself lol.

Casey not long till you do have your little new born :3

Cheese I'm sure isis will be fine :) think of the cuddle youre bound to get when you return!

Ollies a nightmare in the bath. I have a cup I use to rinse his hair with an when ive done it he tries to do it to me and everytime I end up with a couple of cups of water thrown all over me :/ may as well get in with him!

well done gem!

we're pretty lucky with both bath and swimming, he loves water! only kid that goes 'more' after he's been put under water at swimming lessons :haha:

Well done gem!

I passed my theory a week and a half ago too :)
Going to do my road test next week, yay.

Not doing good today. Can't tell what's hormones anymore and what's maybe becoming depression. I thought Ga was going to be so different but all I really hang out with is my mother, but we don't really hang out because Josie, obviously, takes up all the attention, which is the way it should be. When she falls asleep and I actually have adult time to myself no one is around. Ever. So, unless Michael's here I'm alone. All the time, or I have to split adult time with mom time and that just doesn't work.

I'm on the verge of crying, which I think is definitely hormones. My roommate said we were going to have dinner but than her boyfriend calls and says he wants to come over and so she makes dinner and eats without me and just leaves it there for me to eat whenever. So I fed Josie but haven't eaten. I don't even want to eat. The only time I have adult time other than after Josie goes to bed is when she's busy eating....

I don't know what I expected. Boyfriends always come before anything else with the people I made friends with long ago. Even though while Michael was here I definitely made time to hang out with my friends when they needed me, though Michael was only going to be here for a week.

No one asks anything about me. I'm just so over living here. The only time I even know I have a roommate living with me is when I smell the lingering scent of her cigarette or MJ smoke! Which drives me crazy and I've asked her to try doing it somewhere else so that me or my kids don't smell it. It's only happened like four times, but every time it does I just hate my surroundings more and more and more.

Michael says I need a counselor, but what good would that do. No one can watch Josie so therefore it would be me paying for someone to listen to me half talk, half parent for an hour. yey!

This isn't like me to be so mopey and woe is me, but I literally have no where else to talk about this and I feel like I'm slowly losing my mind.

is there any mommy and me groups that you can find a fellow mommy? maybe a park nearby that you can meet other mommy's at? obviously the people in your world right now aren't in the same place in life as you, i think finding some ppl more aligned with your life, you'll feel better.

:hugs: Casey. I know how hard it is being somewhere new. I moved to where I live now 8 years ago for work & literally knew no one. It was tough going for the first 6 months but I made friends etc. & felt much much more settled a few months in. Do you guys have a US Net Mums over there? When I first had Rex, I joined their Meet A Mum board & had a few coffee & play dates with other mums in my area. Everyone I knew from first moving here, didn't have children so, like Dana says, I needed to find people who had children to spend time with. I met my two really good mummy friends at baby groups too. I went alone, knowing no one & just started chatting to people.

Well done, Gem :thumbup: Have booked your practical test?

Good luck with your driving test, Naima!

We have a total water baby here too. Rex has always loved bath time, right from being a newborn, and still loves it today. He also loves his swimming lessons. Now he wears armbands, he doesn't want me to ever hold him :haha: When our instructor says 'encourage them to be independent for a few seconds' during an activity, I feel like saying 'are you kidding? He won't let me hold him at all!' :haha:

Eurgh, feeling ill today :( My throat is like sandpaper & so closed up. On top of the worst hayfever I've had in years :( I know it's my own fault for burning the candle at both ends lately but Rex being a little pest on a night isn't helping!

Casey, I wish we lived closer! We would have you over and visit you all the time! I don't know what to say more than what the girls have already said.

Thanks everyone with so many wonderful things to say about hubby being alone with Isis. She was a gem for him! We have decided that she is so bad for me in the mornings that we are going to switch roles. I'm going to et us ready for the day and he's going to get Isis ready. That means she won't get her morning milkies. I'm ok with her weaning but just ok.
She enjoyed swim lessons today but wasn't great. She really doesn't like getting her head wet but she wants to keep up with her buddies Jonah and Carter! She loved kicking with the kick board! But she is terrified by the pool noodle! :D

I'll try to catch up with everyone else tomorrow night!

As some of you may have seen on FB, I never thought the day would come...grrr. I've been selected for Jury Service at a crown court! Dreading it! Imagine being part of a deciding jury in a murder case or something?! Omg! I'm trying to defer it for a few years as my children are still very dependent on me and I wouldn't want to cause them the emotional distress of being with a stranger for a few weeks. They cover childcare but it wouldn't cover enough. It could also clAsh with the start of the school term. And longer!

I have family at 80 odd that have never been asked, so I stupidly thought there was no chance!

Yeah so DH being helpful and awesome only lasted four weeks. Now I'm say at home on my own crying because he's picked apart my every flaw knowing that I'm functioning on 4 hours sleep over the past 48hrs (never more than 30ish minutes at a time).
I actually feel like the most useless human being on the planet.

Yeah so DH being helpful and awesome only lasted four weeks. Now I'm say at home on my own crying because he's picked apart my every flaw knowing that I'm functioning on 4 hours sleep over the past 48hrs (never more than 30ish minutes at a time).

He is an absolute tosser. You have only one flaw, and you married him.

He is an absolute tosser. You have only one flaw, and you married him.
Agreed

:hugs:

:hugs: Katherine, you need to completely lose it at him hun, I dunno, I'd be soooo mad if he dared to criticise me after no sleep and zero help!

Casey, :hugs: too, hope you've feeling a little brighter now? def try and join some groups, most of my friends are from when I met them in the antenatal group before I had alex, those with no kids just don't get it.

Well done Gem!

Good luck Naima on the practical test!

Sarah, can't believe Rex is still being a pickle at night!! we've totally failed at taking the side off alex's cot :haha:, can't face having sleep problems atm, therefore watch him start climbing out again just as I've a newborn to deal with too :haha:

No baby here yet, fx'ed for soon though, i'm def over being pregnant now! xxx

Katherine is be changing those locks tonight and telling him to fuck right off. Be a man or go.

And you are not useless in the slightest, you're sleep deprived. How dare anyone pick you apart when you have a 2 year old and newborn twins?! You're a bloody amazing woman who does nt deserve this mental crap.

Katherine u am deserve a medal. Screw your husband what does he know!! Tell him your going out and leave him with the 3 of them on his own and a list of household jobs to do and see how he copes!

Cottles: That sounds awful. I heard something about how men can also go through some sort of postpartum period. Do you think maybe he's acting out because he's depressed? I'm not sure what type of relationship you have. I hope you know you aren't the most useless human. You are the most important thing to your boys and that's all that matters anyway!

I am feel better. I cried for a while that day and then after that I felt better. I went on meetup.com to see if I could find meetups in the area I could join. I hope to start filling up my schedule with more things to do.

casey- that's why i like having school in class, if nothing else it gets me out of the house and just around grown ppl.

I am aware that men can suffer a form of PND and it can't be easy being back at work and missing the twins so I try not to take it personally but it's difficult. I'm hoping it was just a blip though as he was hungry, I was tired and I think we both needed to lash out just to clear the air from what has been a difficult couple of days.

Casey, I hope you find some meetups or something to get you out of the house. Not knowing anyone must be really hard and cabin fever on top of that sounds horrible.
I'm glad you're feeling a bit more positive. Sometimes a good cry is exactly what is needed to make you think and act towards making changes :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->