April Mummies 2011

omg omg omg i think she's asleep pacifier free!!!!! :dance:

next step is nap and bed time tomorrow....

You can do it momma!!!!! Yaaaaayyyyy!

My ILs just got their almost 2 yr old off the bottle by having her throw then away... might be worth a shot. When she asked for it after they told her "remember? You threw it in the trash" and my niece would be like "oooohh"

:hugs: Gertrude.. Sorry you didn't get your bfp confirmed. Any chance for next cycle?

Woop good
luck dana, let us know how you get on!
I caved and gave the twins dummies. We lasted 3.5 weeks without daytime dummies but a few days ago Dylan was really crying and all he wanted was some comfort sucking! He seems to need a dummy more during the day whereas Eddie refuses it in the day, but at night in the cot they switch- Eddie relies on it more for sleep but Dylan self-soothes better.

Soooo.... 3am, hot humid night so I'm naked and feeding Eddie... And he pukes all over me and himself and it ends up in a pool on the bed under my bare bum. Grossss.

a 1 month old needs comfort that way, a 2 year old does not.

i'm really hoping this holds tomorrow, guess that'll be the real test.

Dana, when pickle stopped having hers it was because I had lost it. At first I genuinely had, I dropped it under the car and couldn't find it and when I said "oh no pickle, mummy has lost noo noo" she just accepted it so I ran with it. She never had one since and she was the dummy queen!! We had a couple of sad faces but I just reminded her I had lost it and she just said yeah.

I then spent a frantic night trying to find every last one so she didn't find one!! She is fine now.

Ion my period stated today. Definitely a chemical as I did have a positive result twice. Ah well, not the right time will carry on trying. Might be the push I need to clear some crap of my to do list :haha:

Good luck Dana! I def can't face getting rid of the dummy just yet, though generally he only has it bed/nap times, although its in his mouth now :-/, haven't the energy atm to face the battle!!

Sorry af turned up gertrude, def sounds like a chemical :hugs:

So this morning got the heavy 'feel like af is coming'feeling already, really hope all this uncomfortable ness is leading somewhere!

Ooh fingers crossed Caro! That's a nice sign things a&e changing in your body!

Dana good luck with the no dummy journey! I remember Jake having a cold around 17 months and he couldn't breathe through his nose whilst using the dummy, so I just threw it out lol!! That was it. We had a few tearful nights but he was fine after a week or so.hopefully Abby settles well without!

I don't mind the heat but I think it's because I've resided in 37c+ for a while before I had kids, so this is nothing compared! Mind, look at Las Vegas, Phoenix and all surrounding areas. Sounds like HELL that heat!!

Not much going on here, just awaiting the six week summer holidays, to arrive!

More :hugs: Gertrude. Fingers crossed for this month for you.

We still have the dummies here :blush: I'm planning to send them to Father Christmas this year. I can't face it just yet cos he won't sleep without them at all & his sleeping is still so bad :( He's really obsessed with his dummies! He has to have 3 at bedtime - one in his mouth & one in each hand then he swaps them round every so often until he falls asleep :haha: Strange child! If I try to give him just one dummy at bedtime, all I hear is 'more dummies, mummy, more dummies'!!!

Hugs Gertrude xx
Our next mission is settling in to bed by self and then beig dummy free. She only has her dummy at night now which is a massive improvement x

Ollies never really had a dummy. Hes never liked them so didnt bother with them.
And I took bottles off him at 1 year old.
He sucks his sleeve for comfort instead lol :s cant put him to bed without long sleeves on!

I think I was lucky that Toby weaned himself off the dummy by his first birthday. He's just got favourite toys that he sometimes takes to bed. He likes to be fiddling when he falls asleep. Last night he went to bed and fell asleep rubbing two 2p coins together. Normally its a toy car or something though.

I weighed myself this week and hoooooly crap, I've never been this huge (while not pregnant) before in my LIFE. It's kinda gross.
I've set myself a 100 day challenge to lose at least 21lbs (1.5 stone) nd today is my first day. Sticking to a calorie limit is HARD. I dont know how I did it before. Urgh.

:hugs: Katherine, you can do it hun! i'm gonna have serious weight to lose after this baby is out too. trouble is I have a super sweet tooth!!

i'm with you sarah, alex still has dummies, no way am I taking them away atm. He's currently a great sleeper and not gonna rock that particular boat just now!

sooo baby still only 3/4 5ths engaged, guess at least its now engaged but it doesn't mean that much with 2nd babies :). Been offered a sweep next week if I want one...gonna see how i'm feeling then, if I even make it that far as i'd really like to go by myself this time! xx

Been back to the respiratory consultant today. Not good news. Theyre treating me for bronchiectasis now as they think I have the start of it. Theyre also going to test me for cystic fibrosis. So either way im pretty much fucked?!

Good luck with the weight loss, Katherine :thumbup: But it is still early days post-partum so go easy on yourself. You need your calories for energy to get through the long days & nights.

I'm still 10lb heavier than I was pre-pregnancy. Clearly that's never gonna shift unless I sew my mouth shut :haha: I have deffo learnt my lesson for next pregnancy. I'm gonna try sooooo hard not to eat like a horse again. I sympathise with your sweet tooth, Caroline. That was me with Rex! All I wanted was buttercream & cake! Pre-preg I was more of a crisp & dip type person but not any more! Weird how pregnancy changes you!

Hope you go into labour soon, Caroline. Have the sweep to get things going! Although, having said that, my first one did nothing last time! Sorry to mention that ;)

Gem, just typed that b-word into NHS website. Sounds awful. You poor thing :hugs: Surely if it was CF, they'd have spotted it by now? :shrug:

we're doing our first nap with no paci and it's a fight just like last night was. she was such a good sleeper before and it sucks so hard having to go thru this, but i know the longer we wait, the harder it'll be. she has a few toys with her already in her crib, even gave her the new toy we bought yesterday. i haven't said the word paci in hopes she forgets? probably wishful thinking but i'm certainly not giving it back now, tho.

Hope you've got her down Dana! did she sleep through for you last night?

I had 3 sweeps last time before anything happened Sarah :haha:, however i'm def feeling much more 'off' this time than what I did with Alex, so who knows!! Now the question is to go to my friends wedding or not on Fri, assuming baby hasn't arrived by then!?

We're back onto food battles again :(, he keeps telling me dinner is 'yuck' and pushing it away, last night cos he tried it I accepted he didn't like it and gave him a Weetabix instead, tonight i'm not 100% convinced he's not trying it on, therefore haven't offered an alternative...someones going to bed hungry!! (well with a banana and milk in him), just don't get why he won't eat....eating is soooo good :haha:

Our kiddies are getting sneaky! Toby pretends to want to try using the toilet for a wee just to get naked :haha:

Day 1 of healthy eating... Wasn't entirely healthy :dohh: Biscuits are just too yummy! The rest of my food was good though! I think I'm going to have to go to the shop tomorrow and get some healthy snacks and keep them somewhere easier to reach than the biscuits.... But what are low calorie healthy snacks?!

well, nap time is a no go for right now. hoping if she eats she'll get tired enough to go down. we did also have a talk about how good she did last night without paci, how mommy lost her paci and how mommy and daddy don't sleep with paci's and so can she. she gave me lots of hugs, kisses and cheers for all that.
she did sleep from 945-about 9 or 930 this morning with only a couple wake ups from dreams. dh has also been gone since sat morning (hasn't seen him since friday) so i'm sure that had something to do with the dreams, lord knows i had messed up dreams too. dh and i haven't been away from each other this long since his annual training back in june of 06. not saying it's a bad thing, as i'm actually having the chance to miss him, but still sad.

If pickle hadn't have accepted I'd lost her dummy I wasn't going to do it myself before Xmas. She slept well with it and I wasn't going to rock the boat! But she did accept it and althgh she asked for it a couple of times she was fine and didn't have an tears.

Gem, that sounds rubbish :( I hope they find an answer for you soon

ION I feel bloody awful. Really sad, much more sad than I thought I would, same as my OH too. And the cramps/stomach ache is horrible. Much worse than a normal period. Didn't think it would be this early :( feeling very sorry for myself. Bah

that's not bad at all Katherine! hmm healthy snacks...I'm not the best person to advise as personally really struggle to actually stick to eating healthily. But I guess veg sticks, fruit, things like breadsticks? errr, struggling now! nuts and and dried fruit etc are good but only in tiny quantities.

Our kids are deffo getting sneaky!! another one is saying 'no' to bathtime, then demanding a bath about 30mins later...just to delay bedtime! however this now means DH is doing bathtime rather than me :haha:

That's good your missing DH Dana, bet it is leaving Abby a bit unsettled though! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->