April Mummies 2011

that's so sad dana x

happy birthday to poppy!

Danielle hope you have a nice 2nd bday party!

So I didn't take the antedepressants the dr gave me, read the leaflet and freaked out a bit! have had a much much better week, then have a crap nights sleep and a lack of help from DH and sob all over the place again, so I'm thinking I don't have depression, its just sleep deprevation and probably frustration. Going to work out somehow how to get more me time and make more of an effort to ask for help when things are getting on top of me rather than just plod on. xx

More "me" time is needed Caroline. Even something as simple as having a coffee in Costa without a child talking to
You. Seriously!

We love our kids buts it a right slog day in/ day out. I find the school run incredibly mundane and boring; Amelia drives me batty in the mornings and Jake just doesn't listen. The amount of times I have shouted "I'll just walk out and leave you all to it!!". Then skulked back in the room to continue cleaning. BUT I wouldn't change it.

Are you at a certain time of your cycle? I find I'm more tearful during ovulation and just before AF. Like seriously tearful. Sobbing at a picture of a elderly couple holding hands etc lol!!

So true Rachel, wouldn't change them but 24/7 is hard work and Alex doesn't listen either. I'm on the pill so have no cycles atm, unless I sort of do underlying but no af x

Are you a permanent SAHM now, Caroline? Or still on mat leave? At least if you're going back to work, you'll get a 'break' then. Work was definitely my break and come January, I'm sure it will be again :haha:

I can't wait for Rex to go back to the childminder's tomorrow so he gets some outside stimulation & attention. He's not stopped asking about her all over the Easter hols so I know he can't wait either!

:hugs: Dana

Sarah, still on mat leave, go back july 1st, gulp. Yeah in one way looking forward to it, in another scared! getting 2 kids to nursery for 7.30 then driving 40mins, doing a full working day, back to pick them up, so bath and bedtime then cook dinner by myself doesn't exactly sound like a break :/, but going to see how it goes, have to do a minimum of 3 months for the mat leave pay I've received and if its a nightmare might become a sahm. Ideally I'd find something to do from home!

Hows being a mummy to 2 going? x

:hugs: Dana.

Caroline, is your DH not around to help on your work days? That sounds like a lot to contend with.

So far, being a mum of 2 is going much better than I expected! Rex has honestly been great with the huge change and that was my biggest worry. DH is on paternity leave this week & next then my mum is coming for a week. Ask me again when I've been on my own for the first full week!

Isis loves her presents from us and my parents! She sat all evening and was "cutting" vegetables and serving us food. Then today we took her to the zoo in Bloomington. She loves zoos so that was definitely a hit!

Caroline, anti depressants are definitely not something to be taken lightly. They helped me but coming off them was interesting. Sounds like you just need more support at home and some "me" time :hugs: it has to be exhausting with a toddler and a newborn!

Sarah, I'm sure the newness will wear off :)

:hugs: Dana.

Caroline, is your DH not around to help on your work days? That sounds like a lot to contend with.

So far, being a mum of 2 is going much better than I expected! Rex has honestly been great with the huge change and that was my biggest worry. DH is on paternity leave this week & next then my mum is coming for a week. Ask me again when I've been on my own for the first full week!

yay that is great!
I'm worried about the adjustment for Aleena as well. Hoping it goes as well as with Rex!

Any guesses ladies as to when Layla will be born and size etc? :flower:

Hehehe I hope Layla is still a girl. Lol
Hugs Dana! I know that feeling. I had a couple times before Ruby that I had to test and I was disappointed and happy at the same.
Sazzle- glad things are going well!
Caro- when I went back to work it was still nice to get out and get some of "me" back but it was definitely a struggle and the girls don't get baths every day.

Glad things are going well sarah!

Nope dh can't really help on work days, not really enough time for him to drive the boys to nursery, return the car then walk to the station to get his train, and he's not home until 7.45 usually. He's majorly our main income though so if it comes to me giving up work its not the end of the world, just a bit of a shame as I'll lose my occupational therapy registration after only 2 yrs and it's a bit of a pain to get it back. I do think not taking the antidepressants was totally the right thing from what people have said, some lifestyle changes are what's needed!

Lol naima, I'm guessing girl too ;-), um I reckon she'll be a few weeks yet. Will go for the same Eddie was and 1 day after edd, can't remember exactly when that is, sorry! Gonna guess she'll be 7lb 8 x

hah yes she is still a girl, my midwife has an ultrasound machine so we can take a look whenever we want.
;)

:hugs: Caroline. That's a long day for your DH :( It must be tough going for you at home all day with the boys for that long. I'm lucky that DH will only be out of the house 7.30/5ish. He'll be home to help with bath/bedtime!

Naima, I need more info before deciding on my bet for baby :) How bug was Aleena? Was she early or late?

Aleena was born at 41 weeks, 6lb14oz.

According to u/s Layla was 6lb4oz at 34 weeks lol.

wow I can only dream of him being home at 5 sarah! he doesn't even finish until 6 in London then has 1.5hr journey home :/...pays the bills though! one day he's going to look for a more local job.

Are our big boys and girls going through some sort of developmental leap again atm or is mine just back to being a pita? he's fighting everything atm, including bedtime which is resulting in more fighting and more tantrums, so frustrating! he really doesn't seem to be able/ want to listen to me either, even if I offer a more appealing option he seems to get himself so worked up he can't process it, like option 1, have a bath now nicely and then you can go back downstairs and play, option 2, bath and just go to bed if you keep whining. pushing boundaries is an understatement atm!

wow I can only dream of him being home at 5 sarah! he doesn't even finish until 6 in London then has 1.5hr journey home :/...pays the bills though! one day he's going to look for a more local job.

Are our big boys and girls going through some sort of developmental leap again atm or is mine just back to being a pita? he's fighting everything atm, including bedtime which is resulting in more fighting and more tantrums, so frustrating! he really doesn't seem to be able/ want to listen to me either, even if I offer a more appealing option he seems to get himself so worked up he can't process it, like option 1, have a bath now nicely and then you can go back downstairs and play, option 2, bath and just go to bed if you keep whining. pushing boundaries is an understatement atm!

Yes Aleena was like that 1 or 2 weeks ago!!
She slept like crap all of a sudden after sstn for 2 months (miracle!) , she was having tantrums all the time , it drove me and DH crazy and we were both in a bad mood cause of her moods lol. She was testing us constantly too.
But the biggest thing was that she started eating like a regular toddler!! Figured it was just a growth spurt.. but the testing and tantrums have faded and she is STILL eating great!! Hooray.
But yes, def a developmental leap, i'd say.

Abby has been eating like a horse! not testing anymore than normal thankfully. slept until 10 today!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->