April Mummies 2011

Okay, we talked. She told me she peed on the potty because I didn't put the princess dress on it. (I forgot).

So I guess she acted out for that reason. But we talked about it. I'm still leaving her in pull ups. Mostly because it's almost the end of the day.

Also Josie lost weight, not a lot .4 lbs. But she's grown an inch.... so she's gone down in weight percentiles from 74 to 64. Is this normal? I thought going down in percentiles was bad? Especially since she's always been consistent. It worries me because she is starting to not eat meat. Not just every now and then but almost every day. If she's especially hungry she will eat a few bites.

I hate that I don't have a partner to talk to about these issues.

Re the potty. Poppy often regressed due to laziness. I did find with her the more of a fuss I made the more she did it so I just ignored and changed her and reintroduced the sticker chart.

Re meat. I would just keep offering it but try and get protein into her in other ways eggs etc and prehaps reward if she ate so much of the meat?? Poppy hasn't gained weight in ages. She still 2 and a half stone and eats like a horse! I wouldn't worry about the weight loss to much as I say she's gained an inch in height just keep an eye on it and of continues offer high calorie foods x

errrr, I did a test. Now I'm fucking SHITTING myself. Haven't told OH yet as he's at home with pickle. Will tell him tonight. Then go see my Dr tomorrow and get a referral to the consultant who dealt with Lily as she said I can be under her personal care from the start.

Fuck. I'm over the fucking moon. Firstly because originally I wanted to try after pickle was 3, so that I was off work when she started school. Also because my PhD deadline is Jan 1st, so I'm working my arse off on that atm (which is why I'm not posting, I'm on self enforced internet ban most of the time). We weren't trying in the slightest, so much so that I think we shagged once last month (too tired and stressed).

Fuck.

So whilst I'm over the moon I'm absolutely shitting bricks. What if baby is poorly again :( Am I strong enough to go through it again. It's an increase of 1% of it happening because it's happened before. But thats the increase at term - not the increase early on (and as such doesn't factor in the terminations and miscarriages etc).

Shitting hell. What do I do now :(

Ah Gertrude congratulations! Chances of it happening again are so slim hun, one step at a time, tell your dh and talk to the dr xx

thanks for the advice ladies, Ashley we still totally have days like your describing with the toilet and it's lazyness as doesn't happen anywhere but at home! He'so taken to not wearing any pants or trousers since the weather's got hotter and I've noticed he's using the loo more again! Maybe try that just at home? Far less effort for them rather than faff with clothes.

Behaviour wise I don't think it's diet, tiredness definitely contributes but not sure how to make him stay in bed later. I also wonder if he was having a bit too much attention/activity, today I've basically ignored him and stuck the tv on and left him to it and him and Eddie have played nicely while I've cleaned the kitchen

Congrats Gertrude!! I pray that this LO is strong and healthy. Like caro said the chances of it happening are slim but I completely understand your worry. You and LO are in my thoughts that all is healthy.

Josie eats eggs every now and then, about the same as meat. Yesterday she had a good bit of it and she didn't snack a lot yesterday and ate all her dinner, meat included!! So the snack definitely needs to go down. I need to put something on the pantry door so she can't get into it. That's how she snacks so much.

Emmie did not take the zucchini I gave her well. :( poor girl. I seasoned it too much. Bum issues and vomiting last night. Poor girl. Shouldn't I know better since she's my second? Lol.

Congrats riri and Gertrude!

I had my check up at the abortion clinic on the weekend. The pee test showed I was still pregnant... I absolutely shit one. But then had a blood test and the hcg levels were only 181 which apparently is ok. They said theres just left over tissue making my body think theres a baby in there. So yeah all ok :)

Ollies sick with an ear infection and gooey eyes. Poor kid.

Hope everyone is well :)

I"m so happy for all of you!! Gert- I'm absolutely sure this one will be just fine, but I would have the amnio just to be sure. I'm so happy for all of you, but especially you. You and your family have been through so much and deserve some happiness. I'm over the moon!!!! :yipee:

This weekend with DH graduation was great! Now, back to the stress of getting bills paid this month and next month. *sigh*

Thanks Dana, the plan is to get referred to the fetal medicine consultant, then have a early scan, then I will have the NIPT testing (the blood test one) at 10 weeks. Then decide from there really. I'm too frightened to be excited. But it would be all shades of amazing if it was OK.

Will be going to see my Dr this week and get the ball rolling. Am going to get another test tomorrow night and retest on Wednesday first. The lines seem a little faint since I should have come on this weekend.

My OH nearly fainted with surprise :haha:

Congratulations Gertrude. Fingers crossed all is well xx

Wow, Gertrude! Huge congrats :D I'm sure everything will be fine this time. Try not to worry :hugs:

Congrats Gertrude!
Everything WILL be fine this time!! :hugs: so excited for you

I did another test as the Tesco one seemed faint yesterday, no denying this is there! The first line appeared before the ink had got to the other line!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 7
:yipee: there's definitely no squinting required to see that! x

Congrats again Gertrude!!!! :D

I've been irked at the girls' pediatrician all day. Emmie went for a tummy bug she's got causing her to vomit a lot. They acted like I brought this upon her. *sigh* And then went on to say that "breastmilk acts as a clear liquid for them."

I'm pretty sure it acts as much more than that!

Just all around irate at them. *sigh* Whatever. She's already looking up. Hasn't thrown up in almost 10 hours. Is playing on and off, though still napping heavier and longer. Definitely not the 10-12 day ROTAVIRUS the pediatrician assumed:)growlmad:) she had. I'll get over it. Can't wait to NOT be in Georgia, where I'm treated like a idiot hippie because I choose to breastfeed past 6 months.

Casey, I can't even imagine the healthcare in the south. Here's to moving to the north! :)

Gertrude, just think positive! Worrying about something you can't control isn't worth the time! I understand the concern but please please take it well! I hope you can find a way to be positive about it. :) <3

Ri, congratulations! I'm so glad to hear about the new "positives"! :)

On that note, I got dh to agree to have another, but, even though my TSH is 2 my period started last Monday and is still going strong...I'm still worried that even though my TSH is "normal" I'm still not having a normal cycle, so is it my thyroid or is it something else? I had completely normal cycles before about 18 months ago, WTF?! So it might not even matter that we think it's a good time to have a second.
Sorry, feeling a little down.

I just want to tell everyone, I want to be SO excited about it (because I am) but I am so scared to be :( I've only told you girls and my OH. Will tell my Dr next week when I see her and then get the wheels in motion. I think we get an early scan to check dates for the blood test, though right now I don't know how we can pay for that. But I'll sell OH if I need to (though I'd only get 1p for him, the shitty mood he's in :haha: )

This is just torture. I'll only be 5 weeks on Saturday. There is another 5 to get through before I can even have the blood test, that's providing it's a sticky one. And in that time we have OH's birthday, our celebration day for what would be Lily's due date, a party on Saturday with mates and god knows what else where I'm not fucking drinking. This is just so hard!

So no doubt I'm going to be posting lots again trying to get my head straight. because ultimately you're right, my worrying can't and won't change something that has already happened (if it has). Hard to stop though.

I hate the waiting time period! How are you going to get through those events without drinking?! We visited friends the weekend after I got my bfp with Isis and we ended up telling our families and those friends even though it was so early because there's no way I could fake it with them and we wouldn't mind telling them if something happened. Anyway, I'm thinking about you a lot Gertrude! Try not to let it make you go crazy ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->