April Mummies 2011

Sam-That's so funny since in Feb when I saw her she was fearless!

I'm hoping if we take her there at least once a week, she'll get used to it.

Yea Dana maybe she's just scared cause she's not used to the different environment . Try taking her more often for short periods and she might be fine before you know it :)
Aleena is the opposite , I don't even want to take her to the park lol, as soon as it's time to leave we get a kicking ,hysterically screaming crying fit that won't stop until we are home.

Ugh so done being pregnant , it's 90+ degrees here and I just want to go outside and go for evening walks and evening beach trips etc , right now we are stuck inside because I can barely even get up anymore and my feet swell like crazy when I'm on them for longer than 10 min.
This baby better come soon !

heard from my professor, grades been adjusted and officially changed Tuesday. hooray!!

yay to grades being changed dana!

:hugs: naima, hope she arrives soon xx

:hugs: Naima. I remember that horrible overdue stage of pregnancy all too well :( It's sucks!

Glad your grade got sorted out Dana.

Awesome Dana! Congrats!

Oh Naima! I'm so sorry you're so miserable! I hope she comes soon!

Way to go Ollie! Isis is terrible with writing. I'm actually not working with her on it. Maybe it'll qualify her for preschool :)

I can't believe Rosie's afraid of the water now! Sorry! I'm really hoping Isis loves our pool.

We're having a nice low key Memorial Day. I went to Chicago on Saturday to help celebrate our nephews birthday but dh couldn't come because he was working. We've basically done nothing since Sunday afternoon.

Isis is terrible with parks! She loves them so much I have to pick her up and force her to go home! Part of it is her lack of playmates. I'm working on that but for now she's still struggling. Next Friday there's a meetup with the local babywearers group and even though Isis isn't worn that much anymore I'm hoping it might be a good way to meet people in the area.

Urgh ladies I don't know what to do about testing. My options are:

Harmony. Can be done from 10 weeks but results take up to 3 weeks. Only screening and not diagnostic, can provide false positives (though false negatives seem pretty rare). Costs £550.
CVS. Can be done from 11 weeks, results about 10 days, is diagnostic but could also come back as placental chromosome issues so would need further testing to know if the baby is affected. Results early enough to have a surgical termination if the results were positive (though not if placenta affected, that would need further testing)
Amnio. Can't be done until 15 weeks so would need to labour again if came back positive. Results about a week.
Both CVS and Amnio are free on the NHS

Fucking hell how do you decide?

do you do the blood work at 10 weeks? I would say if the blood work came back positive do the CVS, if neg wait for amnio.

do you do the blood work at 10 weeks? I would say if the blood work came back positive do the CVS, if neg wait for amnio.

Yeah bloodwork at 10 weeks but wouldn't be back until it was potentially too late for the CVS (and therefore also surgical termination).

I think I read too much last night. I think I'm going to meet with the consultant and talk to her. The false positives worry me and the cost but I guess we would just find a way to swallow that tbh.

I would do the blood test tbh. If it gives you the all clear then no other testing is needed. If not then you can still do a diagnostic test. Do you know why the results take so long? Looks like women in the US are finding out within 6-7 business days. If we have another we will be doing harmony. I know its not diagnostic but your most reliable diagnostic option leaves you with a less than desirable termination option. Talk to your consultant, see what they think. :hugs:

I'd maybe lean towards cvs, Def answers faster, although I didn't know about the placenta possibly come back with abnormalities. Xx

I think I'd go for the blood test, Gertrude. It can be done the earliest which would put your mind at ease.

I keep checking in for news of Naima's baby girl arriving!

Rex is going through an early waking phase. Again :dohh: Thought it might be the light mornings causing it so tried his old Gro Blind up at his window, under his current blackout blind & curtains but :nope: it made zero difference :dohh: I wouldn't mind but when Leo will sleep til around 8ish I can't help but want to :cry: when he's up at 6 & I could have 2 more precious hours in bed!

ouch sarah, we have similar problems here though, alex is under strict instructions he needs to wait for his sun to come up on his gro clock tomorrow! Can your dh not help with Rex? mine generally deals with alex and I do eddie! he's realised I'm a much calmer nicer person if I get more sleep :D

No baby yet!!
Was crampy all night but think it was cause of the pizza I are yesterday cause I haven't felt crampy all day.
Wonder if she will come even later than her sister (41 weeks) ?! Ugh

DH does help, Caroline. But the problem is, Rex comes bounding into our room as soon as he wakes up, chattering away ten to the dozen so I wake up anyway. And often, he'll scream if I don't get up with him :wacko:

:hugs: Naima.

Oh Naima! I hope she comes soon! Isis came at 41 weeks but I wasn't ready for her to come until then so it didn't bother me. I can't wait to see her!

Sarah, I understand! Isis bounces between waking at 9 and waking at 6 when dh gets up. Of course she ends up sleeping next to me by 6 every morning so it's a little different. Sometimes she goes back to sleep sometimes she gets up.

And I'm so much a better mom when I've had enough sleep. This morning Isis woke up at 6:30 with dh so we went down to start breakfast and she had a full meltdown ran upstairs and fell asleep half under her bed. I panicked because I couldn't find her when I went to check on her! anyway, she got much more sleep than me so I've been short tempered all day and she thought she was being funny. I hate that.

Today I laid 10 bags of mulch in the front and tore out the yuccas all in 31 C temps! I was sweating like crazy and I inflamed the tendon in the ring finger of my left hand again (trigger finger). This is all in prep for the party on Saturday. I get really worked up when I'm having people over. I really want it perfect. I know we just moved in but I can't let go. We'll see how far I can get the yard in two days :)

Im a little jealous of sll of you who dont consider 6:30am a lie in! 4am we got up today. Urghhhh. Hyper children are hyper.

And wtf. Where has the last year gone?! Eddie and Dylan are 1 today!

Poppy doesn't sleep. She was up at 2.30 this morning for about two hours dosed off and then woke for the day at 06:30 I look like a zombie.

Wow 1 already. Happy birthday Dylan and Eddie 🎂

Happy birthday Eddie and Dylan!!! How does the time Fly so fast!!!!

It never ceases to amaze me how one moment can be bonkers and the next sweet as sugar.

Ember is having serious issues sleeping. At night and in the day time. Night is her fault, she's having a pacie revolt which I'm assuming is teeth related or she just wants to nurse all day long! And Josie is being sweet as a peach except sometimes she still throws tantrums and they happen occur while Emmie is taking an elusive nap so I go absolutely crazy! Which makes everything worse but I'm just soooooo done!

And now everything is back to sweet. My days are a bipolar nightmare! Lol

Good good good news: Josie is potty trained, sure she tickled a little in her room but she ran all the way to the potty to poop and finish her tickle. I consider that a win! I'm so glad potty training is over now just for potty enforcing and any regression she has when we move is all on Michael! I'm quitting that department! Michael can potty train Emmie all by himself and see how it goes! Lol!!!

My grandmother found out she has COPD. from the lifetime of INDOOR smoking my grandfather did. He didn't stop smoking inside until I was 7. And I lived with them for some time. Probably why I get bronchitis whenever I get sick. He's been dead for almost 20 years but COPD happens later on as the lungs continue to wear down. I feel so bad for her. Her aortic anyerism and now COPD. What's next for the poor woman?? :( I hope my mom and aunt figure their shit out so I can go see her before I head to Maine. I read cold air is worse for COPD and in any case I doubt she travels much more anymore. I just really feel like she's on the last leg here. I just want more time. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->