April Mummies 2011

My uncle has COPD, but he's been smoking and drinking like a chimney since he came back from Vietnam.

sorry your nan has copd Ashley :(, poor lady when it wasn't her that actually smoked.
Totally know the bi-polar feeling days! we seemed to have turned a corner again lately fx'ed yours will come soon too!

wow happy birthday eddie and Dylan!! cannot believe its been a year already! hope you've all had a lovely day!

6.30 is so not a lay in, I just refuse to get up before 6, point blank it is not morning before then and preferably 7 in our house. Eddie barely napped today so really hoping he sleeps longer tomorrow at it was 5.45 this morning, but did keep him quiet by feeding him until 6.40 then handed him to dh and I got another hours sleep while the boys played downstairs. :)

Abby slept until 10 again today... *runs for cover* #sorry #notsorry :blush:

yeah, in this house, I don't get up before 7:30. If Isis wakes before then I do whatever it takes to get her distracted so I can doze off again. This morning she woke at 8:30 for the day. Typically I can get her distracted until 8 or 8:30.

I can't believe that Eddie and Dylan are a year old!! Happy birthday boys!

Casey, our days are very bipolar too. As soon as I think its going to be a good day with Isis she turns into a disaster. So glad Josie is doing well with pting!

So I often tell dh that his problem is being ocd but in reality its a problem for both of us. I'm having anxiety issues because of this party on saturday. I really need my yard in order and it won't be in time. I can't get it all done. I have to relax and realize that we've only lived here 2.5 months so it can't be perfect. ugh! I just need to let go.

I've been regularly singing "let it go" in my head when i find xyz isn't perfect as i'd like. It's been working. A little annoying, but eh. lol

Mmm I'm still in bed and can hear all he'll breaking out downstairs, shall I go rescue dh? Na!!

I think I have the laziest kid here. 10am is getting up early for him!
Im always up before him lol.
All hell breaks loose if I wake him early. He still naps too. Then is back in bed for the night about 8pm most nights.
Its 10 to 11 right now though an hes still awake (had 2 naps today). But he'll sleep as soon as I put him to bed :)

Jeeeaaloouusss!
Im up all night aagain.Eddie had a funny turn but settled with water and calpol... then dylan spiked a fever. Ive stripped him, given him calpol and a drink but he wont stop fidgeting. So im in tobys bed with the twins and tobys in my nice new kingsize with dh. Dohhh.

Need to keep an eye out for rashes as apparently there's a bout of scarlett fever going around. Always on a bloomin weekend they get ill. Always.

Urghh love nights like tonight. One with a fever one unswttled and one demanding a wee and a drink at the same time. 2 crying, one having a tantrum. Dhs contribution is "shut the door the lights in my eyes" grr

I would shake that man until he woke! Why is it only your problem?! Wake that man up! He helped make those children, plus it's Friday!

I met some local women today at the babywearing get together. It's not really close to me but it's the closest one and I met a woman with an almost 3 year old who lives closer to us. We got along really well too. I feel like a young girl trying to make friends. It's so intimidating! Luckily, here we live close to large towns so the people are less clique-ish. Where we used to live it was all about who grew up there etc.

Tomorrow dh's coworkers are coming over for a post-planting party. I still have a few bags of mulch to lay and we need to tidy the house. I wish the landscape was better than it is but I'll be ok.

We took the top off the pool tonight and wow. I'm not sure we'll be able to reuse the water. I'll try but damn it's rough looking tonight...

Ugh im getting too old to be going out lol.
Went the races yesterday.... so tired / achey today!
I stayed out all day and night. Longest ive ever been apart from little man. Missed him like crazy!

Layla Rose born today at home in the pool!
9lb , 20 inch :)
No tearing !

CONGRATULATIONS naima! I take it her birth was somewhat easier than Aleena's? lucky you on no tears! what a good weight she is :) xx

Thanks!
Her birth was intense lol but yes no back labor!
Contractions were very strong and effective.
Labor started at 1am , 10 min apart and at 6am were 2-5 min apart. Midwife arrived at 8am and was 4cm. She was born at 11.15 ish. Pushing was super intense but now I know why . She was 9lbs haha

:happydance: Congratulations again!!!! :happydance:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 0
WOOOO!!! Congrats!!!!! Also :thumbup: for a water birth!! Emmie was also a water birth! Unreal.

I'm so excited for you.

Yay!! :happydance: Huge congratulations, Naima! Hope she's settled in well & feeding's going well. So glad to hear you got the birth experience you wanted.

Things are still manic here. Leo still has zero routine & doesn't like to go to bed before midnight :wacko: I'm exhausted! With post-midnight bedtime, night feeds & Rex waking at 6ish most days, there's little time for sleep. Wish I could sleep with Leo like I did with Rex!

:hugs: sarah, I promise it gets easier eventually! shout to whoever you can for help though to catch up on some Zzzz's, I didn't and kinda lost the plot after a few months xx

so so glad you got the birth you wanted naima! sounds fab! hope you're enjoying your newborn snuggles xx

Congratulations Naima! She's gorgeous! And a home water birth, awesome job!

Sarah, I hope things settle a bit for you!

Isis has been great! She's started doing preschool workbooks and is more interested in the mazes than the letter pages. She still switches from left to right handed and I would have thought she'd have chosen by now.
We had dh's work party here and it went great and was really fun! I just got most of it cleaned up today. We had so much leftover meat I had to freeze a bunch! They'll work great for meals though.
On Friday we met up with the local baby wearers and had a great time! Isis met a little guy there who's just a few months younger than her and I got along great with his mom so potential new friend! They live not too far away and like to visit the big state park that's 10 miles from my house so we plan on meeting up there someday.

OK ladies can I ask your collective opinions?

I feel like absolute shit. So nauseous, queasy, lightheaded. I can't concentrate and feel wiped out. I'm only 6 weeks but I am tired too so I assume it's a combination of hormones and tiredness. I feel like I need some time off but isn't that a bit lame?

I spoke to the bereavement midwife yesterday and she said the consultant will write to me with an appt and we can go from there. My anxiety has shot up since then (I think I've been ignoring the whole thing really) and that makes the light headedness even worse too :(

So my question is - should I tell my boss now, so that all the appt etc don't cause any issue (they wouldn't anyway I don't think). Or do I wait until we know more? Which is going to be another 7 weeks? I keep changing my mind.

Do I stop feeling guilty and take the time off if I need it?

I feel like I don't know what to do. I guess if I didn't feel so ropey I wouldn't be having this worry.

Gah :(

Congrats on the waterbirth too :) Enjoy the newborn snuggles :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"