April Mummies 2011

I say take the time off you need Gertrude, tell your boss as either way you'll need support and no matter what the outcome these next few weeks until you hopefully get the all clear are going to be tough xx

I'm getting so sick of living alone. Sure I have a roommate and 99.9% of the time it's great. Sure my mom lives close and takes Josie often, but that's about it. Emotional support, not much.

Maybe it does get annoying hearing about how much someone is missing their husband. But for christ's sake can't people just pretend? It's like everyone around me just shrugs their shoulders or doesn't say anything when I need to vent or just talk. It's so infuriating. I'm sorry that I miss my husband so effing much. I'll be sure to keep my sadness to myself so as not to make you uncomfortable!

I got an email from the ombudsman (wife in charge of the other wives stuff) and she said they were doing a mail drop for the boat. Which in bittersweet. A: I get to send him recent pictures of the girls and other things (anyone have suggestions, though I doubt I'll get them in time. I'm mailing this out today). But it's sad because it means his boat is nowhere near arrival. So I have to wait longer. So i'm flustered. Extremely emotional today. On the one hand I want to be happy that I get to send him little things, but on the other it effing sucks that I don't get to see HIM!!!

So i'm on the verge of tears/have already cried multiple times today. I called my mother asking for suggestions for what could fit in the gallon bag for him. She was extremely callous and said she didn't have time for that right now. Which i'm super pissed off about. Why call back if you don't have time to talk? Screw her. Screw everyone I live close to! I tried asking my roommate but she just drew a blank and then let it go. Meanwhile I listen to her drone on and on about her boyfriend all the time. So whatever. I'm just really raw right now and absolutely no one could give me even an ounce of their time. It really tells me what people care about. Themselves.

I'm ready to leave and live with the one person who has always given me time. The only person really. My parents care about Josie. My roommate cares about her boyfriend. My other friends here are great, but you see the point? I surrounded myself with a village of people just to make up for ONE person and all the times I've wanted to share my emotions I've been shut down. It's crappy. I just want out already.

Sorry for this stupid rant. I'm just so overwhelmed today. Why did a mail drop have to be so emotionally charged!

:hugs: sarah, I promise it gets easier eventually! shout to whoever you can for help though to catch up on some Zzzz's, I didn't and kinda lost the plot after a few months xx

Thanks, Caroline. I know it will get easier, which with Rex I wasn't sure about but getting through the days is so tough after a rough night of 3-4 hours sleep. I wish I had someone to ask for help. My family aren't here & my ILs still work full time. Thankfully Rex is still going to the childminder's 3 half days a week so I have some respite. Roll on the summer hols so I have DH at home for 6 weeks.

:hugs: Gertrude. I'd definitely tell your boss. You're not going to be yourself with all this on your mind so any support you can get is needed. And I absolutely would take time off if you need it.

:hugs: Ashley. I can't even imagine how hard it is being on your own for all that time. You're doing amazingly well. Could you send some of his favourite sweets or something? I'm sorry if that's a lame idea.

so I finally remembered to get Abby on the potty right away this am. she reluctantly went pee, and then freaked out. I didn't want her to be scared of it so got her dressed and she finished peeing in her diaper. I'm not going to lie and say I'm not dissapointed in that she finished in.her diaper, but I'm still so.proud she peed on the potty to begin with. she got 2 pieces if candy since she freaked out so badly lol.

:hugs: everyone!

Ashley, oh hun, offload to us in here, not the same as a real person at all but at least we listen! I feel so bad for you, my dh might be useless at times but at least he's here morning and evening. So hope his boat is heading home and all this is a distant memory soon xx

Sarah, glad you've at least got some respite! how lovely your dh is a teacher for 6 weeks respite in the summer! what time does he go to work? I used to let dh sleep most of the night then I'd wake him and give him the baby once he'd had a few hours so I could get a few, like he'd get 10-4 or something, then I'd get 4-7. Not every night but on really rough nights so it wasn't night and night I was on 'duty'.

dana, fab abi peed on the potty even a little bit! I've also heard of people putting nappies in potties to reduce the fall as it were, little steps, she'll get there! xx

Thank you! I'm less emotional now. I've had all day to plan. I got some intimate things. The journal I've been writing in daily to him in there sprayed with my perfume. Which I forgot how it smells and even though it gave me a mild headache. It's nice. :) Pure Posion by Dior. Then an "about us" book. Recent pictures of the girls and a drawing made my Josie (and me) with a kiss from her. I put lipstick on her and told her to kiss the paper for daddy. Sweetest little kiss ever!! :) then I put a kiss in the journal. And to top it off- snacks! Entirely of sweets cause I know his sweet tooth. And finally a bunch of miss you and Father's Day cards. I may still put more (Sam mentioned a pic of my cleavage!! Thinking about it!!) but the gallon bag is full as is. :)

Thanks for letting me vent. It's hard to do anywhere else cause a military wife is suppose to hide their emotions and be strong and happy and not let their spouse or anyone know they struggle. I'm a lame military spouse. Lol

Dana: thumbs up for Abby trying out the potty!! You gave me great pointers all along Josie's trials. So Abby has a potty training pro for a mommy! :)

My friend and I decided that after our kids are fully potty trained, we're buying ourselves trophies :haha:

Sarah, glad you've at least got some respite! how lovely your dh is a teacher for 6 weeks respite in the summer! what time does he go to work? I used to let dh sleep most of the night then I'd wake him and give him the baby once he'd had a few hours so I could get a few, like he'd get 10-4 or something, then I'd get 4-7. Not every night but on really rough nights so it wasn't night and night I was on 'duty'

He leaves at 7.30am. He has a 30+ minute drive. Mornings are busy cos I try to get showered & dressed before he leaves but it completely depends on what time Leo decides to wake up for the day & therefore what time he wants to feed. I've been letting DH sleep cos he can't really do much with me BF. But we've decided to start a formula late feed so that I can go to bed early & (hopefully!) get a long block of sleep before the night feed. We did the same with Rex from 12 weeks but Leo's only 6 weeks today so I do feel a bit guilty. I keep staring at the tub of formula & thinking 'do I really want to do it?' Which I know is stupid as he'll be just fine like Rex was. I have handed Leo to DH post-5am if I've had a rough night so I can at least grab a couple of hours.

So I worked from home yesterday as pickle wasn't very well and we went on a long walk in the morning to get some fresh air. Since then I have had a constant ache all round my pubic bone at the front. It isn't painful as such, but it's constant :( I am a little worried if I'm honest as I don't remember this feeling from my previous 2 pregnancies :(

Yay for Abby going some pee in the potty! I think you deserve a trophy when she is done! Lol!
I can't believe Dylan and Eddie are 1! Holy cow! Less than two months until Ruby is 1.
Congrats Naima! Glad everything went well with your birth! And I hope everything is going well with Layla!
I'm back in the land of scattered service. We have applied for more aid until we are better on our feet and I'm looking for better jobs than I had. I am waiting for the interviewing phase for my old job back and hoping that as summer dies down I should be able to get a place in town instead of in the hills with my mom. Though the weather has been amazing and we have been going to the river almost every day. Rosie is really starting to enjoy the water again and is starting to swim! Phew!
Ashley- I hope you sent a cleavage picture! I really enjoy when my boobs look picture worthy and have taken a picture and sent it to my closest friends. Once to Ryan while he was working out of town!
And I don't mind if you need to vent. I couldn't imagine!

Feel free to vent, I can only imagine with my limited experience what you're going through. I was numb my whole pregnancy waiting for something to happen.

Just heard my cousin's brother left treatment for heroin and is MIA, sure hope he pops up.

:hugs: Gertrude, no advice I'm afraid but sure hope everything is ok xx

Typical child free night. Spent the whole night up puking guessing it's "morning sickness" rather than something I ate. Well I hope so anyways as I don't feel ill just keep feeling sick and then fine once I have been

Feel free to vent, I can only imagine with my limited experience what you're going through. I was numb my whole pregnancy waiting for something to happen.

Just heard my cousin's brother left treatment for heroin and is MIA, sure hope he pops up.

:hugs: hope he turns up safe and ok x

We have yet to hear anything...I'm going FB hunting now to see if I can find any update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->