April Mummies 2011

Oh no what's he done?
Apparently I am the "biggest asshole in the world" for leaving a load of clean washing (in the basket) on the bed.
He called me that then sent me on 3 trips downstairs for various drinks for him and the nonsleeping twins (while taking the noisiest twin with me so as not to disturb him further) before sending me into their room to stay up with them.

So now Im sat here with wide awake twins, trying to keep them quiet so he can sleep. I really am the worlds biggest asshole.

Eta did I mention "their" room is also tobys room. So he'd rather let the babies wake toby up than have his sleep disturbed.

Im annoyed. Venting sorry

Oh for crying out loud.
So I told him to go into tobys room, ad I'll have the twins in our room. Seems reasonable right? Toby wont be woken up and dh wont be disturbed. His response? "No my alarms not in that room"..... his alarm is his MOBILE phone. But takong his phone and going to tobys room is apparently "not the only solution" to our problem. Ie im downstairs on the sofa with the twins.

And im the biggest asshole in the world.

Sorry ladies I knoq this is totally trivial but im tired and pissed off with nobody to talk to.

Sorry, I don't let my husband tell me where to go or what to do. That's my bed and my bedroom too, I'll do what I need. If he needs rest or doesn't like it, he can take his ass elsewhere.

I agree with Dana. He's the biggest ass, not you. You're far too accommodating!

I'm excited for you girls that are pregnant! Still living vicariously through you girls! :) although I'm happy to not be knocked up as I enjoy my IPA :)

Nothing much going on here. Just traveling all the time between last weekend and next weekend, then if have a week at home and we're on vacation for another week. Then a couple days at home and I'm off to Oregon for my cousins wedding. Dh has to stay home for that last trip because it's his busiest season at work and no one gets vacation that time of year.

Yea I agree with Dana as well.
I'd stay in the room and tell DH to shove it.
Stand up for yourself !

Cottles it's not trivial. Can't believe he acts like that! Andi wouldn't even dare.

Aww gertrude I'm thinking of u. I'm totally more nervous this time around and paranoid. But can only imagine what your feeling. Hopefully you won't have long to wait and all will be fine xx

cottles I don't think you'll be surprised to think that I think he's a tosser for behaving like that. He is an equal partner and an equal parent. He isn't any more important or special than you are. Kick him onto the fucking sofa. Having the children awake is more stressful and you need the space.

Jesus he can be a horrid person sometimes. I wouldn't be spoken to like that at all.

omg Katherine, I agree with the other ladies. Just because men have to work does not give them a reason to need sleep all night, can function perfectly well on some broken sleep. My DH wouldn't dare speak to me like that either. xx

:hugs: Katherine. Your solution sounded just fine to me. I'd be giving DH hell today if he'd acted like that in the night!

But doesn't matter because he can see the real deal today!! :)

We've had a great time in Milwaukee this week, including a trip up to visit Dana and Abby! We're going to hit the hotel pool again tomorrow morning and then pack the SUV and drive home. Then Friday we're off to visit sil and BIL for Father's Day weekend. The boys are going fishing on Lake Michigan on Saturday. It's been a crazy busy 10 days!

Cottles, I know you love him and he's the father of your children, but if you wouldn't have a friend speak to you like that then he shouldn't either. He's setting a role model to your boys about how they will treat their future partners and how they allow themselves to be treated.

I'm guessing even mr cottles wouldn't like his boys to be treated with such disrespect and lack of team/unity.

Maybe when things are calmer again you need to have that conversation with him, because in a way what you are prepared to put up with will be different to what you'd be prepared for your boys to put up with.

You can always off load here, and know we care about you and are here for you. Everyone's other half acts like a twat sometimes, don't get us wrong. But there is a difference between acting like a twat out of character and being unreasonable on what seems a fairly consistent basis.

To give you an idea of my idiot OH the other weekend (to make you laugh :D), we went into Brum to meet a couple of mates we've not seen in years as they were in town for a festival. Im not drinking obviously so I offered to collect pickle from MIL early evening.

My delightful idiot bloke, well. We met around 1.30pm, by 4pm I saw the unmistakable red drinking mist descend. It's been years since either of us drank like we used to but you could say it was our hobby. The amount we used to drink is terrifying. Anyway, I recognise the drinking mist as it happens to me, or did before hangovers got too painful.

We left at 6. In those 4.5hrs he drank 7 pints and about 4 double whiskeys, he leant out of the car window on the way home (until I bollocked him), he couldn't walk up our garden path, he blanked his dad (who he'd rung to ask to drop of pickle so we didn't need to leave so early), he tried to pass out on the bathroom floor (until pickle needed a wee and I booted him out), he left puke in the loo and then at the ripe time of 6.40pm (it was still light :haha: ) he passed out in our bed.

I haven't let him forget it yet :haha:

I am about 30 seconds away from locking myswlf in a room away from the kids until their lunchtime. I have NO idea whats happened to toby but his behaviour is not normal and I have no idea what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->