April mummies 2014 :)

SazzleR- I hope your little guy starts sleeping better soon. It's rough not having that evening time to relax just a little. How did he like the pool? I have been wanting to take my little man but was told to wait until 6 months because of body temperature regulation. Would it be okay if I took him since our pool is heated?

He didn't show any emotion at the pool at all :haha: Just had an indifferent face as if to say 'what's this you're doing with me now?'! It was at the Center Parcs 'Subtropical Paradise' pool where the air & water is kept at tropical temps so it was warmer than a typical pool. I also put him in a little wrap around baby wetsuit. I'm sure Odin would be just fine in a heated pool as long as it's only for 15 mins max.

Edit: Should also have said that Leo got weighed & measured yesterday. He's a tall, skinny boy with a big head :haha: He's 12lb 9oz now so just above the 50th centile. But 91st centile for height & head circumference :) He must have my dad's lanky genes cos me & DH aren't built that way! We're both short & chubby :rofl:

How is everyone? Did you all have a great 4th of July? Odin just turned 3 months old on the 1st. I can't believe time is going so fast. My little miss Karlee will be 2 in August, so I've been starting the planning for that. School starts again for me on the 18th of August, same for my now 1st grader. I'm just trying to enjoy the rest of summer before things get crazy.

Just got back from our trip and DS was great on the plane! Then on the drive home my car dash started lighting up and my headlights and gauges died. Luckily I got home since I was close. But, anyway...our fourth was great, we saw the fireworks at the US capital building, then the next day checked out a few museums and monuments.

How is everyone? Did you all have a great 4th of July? Odin just turned 3 months old on the 1st. I can't believe time is going so fast. My little miss Karlee will be 2 in August, so I've been starting the planning for that. School starts again for me on the 18th of August, same for my now 1st grader. I'm just trying to enjoy the rest of summer before things get crazy.

Same here, party planning for my (almost) 2 year old! Where has the time gone?!

So last night Charlee screamed from 6 PM to 4 AM. She went to bed at midnight and alternated dozing and screaming. It was so strange, I was getting so worried about her. It was out of the norm for her. I think I figured out what it was. That same day, I was engorged and fed her from that side to "fix" it. I hadn't been engorged in weeks and weeks, so I think I accidentally akipped a side. Anyway, I think I had foremilk/hindmilk imbalance and it upset her tummy. Other than the bad night, she's doing great. She is starting to laugh and she's a pretty happy little girl, a bit demanding though. She is loving her jumperoo.

Odin is rolling over. 15 weeks tomorrow :) He can do front to back but not quite back to front.

The video won't upload for some reason. :nope:

Yay!! That's wonderful news momo!!

Yay!! That's wonderful news momo!!

Thank you! It was out of nowhere. We were doing tummy time like we always do and he rolled. I thought it was a fluke, but he did it each time I put him on his tummy. Then he tried to go from back to front, but he couldn't figure out how to get his shoulder out of the way :haha: They grow so fast.

Aw...DS has rolled tummy to back once, about a week ago. I cried! He tries to roll to his tummy and ends up shoving his face into the carpet...anyone seeing sleep regression yet? I think it is starting for us, DS was up so much last night. But, he made me smile last night. He giggled in his sleep, it just melted my heart!

Hi ladies! How are you all doing? We are great other than we have hit the 4 month "sleep regression." I have no clue how I made it 7 weeks with him up every two hours! My LO has spoiled me the last month and a half with 6 hour stretches so its a bit rough now. Any suggestions or tips on how to help him? We are going to start doing nightly baths (soap still just every 3 days) so he can learn bedtime signals and then to have him down 6:30-7:00. He ia fighting naps right noq on the day but I think its because we are not at home. I am out of town visiting my parents (3 hours away) by myself! So...driving back is going to be fun with this choppy bad sleep(note the large amount of sarcasm lol). Otherwise though, Charles is doing wonderful. He is such a sweet little boy and continues to bless us everyday :)

It has been forever it seems! And yes driving long distance with a baby is hard, kksy9b, big hugs!
AFM, colton rolled back to front a week ago! He rolls to his tummy and tries to crawl. Then he fails and gets angry and starts screaming. So I roll him back over and he just rolls back to his tummy and tries again, with the same result...

We've hit the sleep regression here too. Overall Odin is an amazing baby, but I am one tired momma. School starts back up on the 18th, so not quite sure how I'll be coping with work, school, and all 3 kiddos. Odin turned 4 months today! I can't believe we were pregnant 4 months ago. Time needs to slow down!

Attachments

• PicMonkey Collage.jpg
    PicMonkey Collage.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 6
Odin is just such a cutie :D I have literally no idea how you do it momo, you are superwoman!
I can't believe we've hit four months already either! I'm still dreading the arrival of a sleep regression, although we had a couple of more unsettled nights after his last set of immunisations.
Still no rolling here either, he's too busy stuffing his hands, or feet, into his mouth at any given opportunity to think about rolling. He really has his own little personality now though, his face lights up whenever he sees his big sister and he has a throaty little chuckle :cloud9:
We're not thinking about weaning any time soon but yesterday he was sat on my lap as I ate a sandwich for lunch and
he grabbed a bit and shoved it straight into his mouth!!

All new!
https://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/dc2bf4f9-1f22-40e0-b705-67e37a3f2c38_zps146b6955.jpg

Yesterday :cloud9:
https://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/5662d7d2-92dc-43fd-8a18-0dc368ff82b3_zps7f93b28a.jpg

Thanks Pinklizzy. :blush:

Tristan is gorgeous. He seems like such an alert and happy little fellow

Count me among the sleep regression zombies...DS sleeps worse than a newborn and will not take his paci and go back to sleep. I have to feed him or he cries. I just hope we can get over this wildness before too long.

Thankfully we're not at the sleep regression just yet but I'm sure it'll hit soon enough :wacko: He doesn't feed from his late feed at 11pm til morning now :thumbup: He wakes up around 5 most morning & snuggles in bed with me til 7ish when he feeds. I'm loving his sleeping cos Rex was such a bad sleeper at night. However, they're complete opposites in the day. Rex was a great napper. Leo isn't at all. I'm lucky if he sleeps for 30 mins at a time unless one of us holds him :dohh: Not sure what I'd rather have really... A good daytime or nighttime sleeper!

No rolling here either. Leo sounds like Tristan; too busy shoving anything he can into his mouth :haha: Leo's also started this last week to really watch us when we're eating. Not ready for weaning for a long time yet though.

I'm pretty sure Leo is teething :( It seems super early. Rex didn't cut his first tooth til he was 6 months old so I was expecting a similar time frame with Leo. But these past couple of days, he's been on a bit of a nursing strike, furiously chomping on things, clingy, unsettled, drooly & rosy cheeked. Tried a bit of Bonjela before his feed at bedtime last night & that helped him have a decent feed.

Talking of long car journeys, we've just got back from a week in Cornwall. A 6 hour drive for us :wacko: I sat in the back with Leo to keep him happy & with many stops, we made both journeys without too much upset. We've got another long drive at the start of September when we go to Disneyland Paris too. At least that's broken up with a Eurostar journey though.

What beautiful babies!! :) It's amazing how much they've changed in a few short months.

Luca is doing brilliantly. He sleeps pretty well, with only 3 or 4 wakings a night. Believe it or not, that's SO AMAZING compared to my other 3 babies, lol. His temperament is super sweet. No rolling here either! Luca also hates tummy time. I try to get him used to it, but he just smashes his face into the mat and screams... :dohh: Ah well. None of my kids have liked it and they all learned to crawl and walk just fine eventually!

I think Luca may be a giant. He's wearing 9 month clothing. Maybe it's just a growth spurt?

Wamommy- I just had to switch Odin's clothes to 9 months also. Big babies!

How is everyone doing and how are all the little April bubbies?

Hi Momo! How have you been doing? How do your girls like having a little brother?

We are doing well over here. I've been away for a bit but think I might finally have time to start stalking BnB again! My LO has been sick for a month and for 3 weeks regressed back to waking up every 2 hours at night and eating for large portions of the day. It's been a struggle to get used to the interrupted sleep again. Mentally have been together enough to care for Charles and brush my teeth lol. This last week though (once he finished antibiotics), we've been really working on getting a good nap routine down in the day (down to 3 naps now). We are also letting him cry for a few minutes when he goes down at night before we go in and get him (5 the first time, then 3 and haven't had to go back a 3rd time). Tonight he woke up after an hour or so, fussed for less than 2 minutes and fell back asleep. Success! And he's gotten back to a 6 hour stretch- hoping that it eventually extends but I don't really anticipate that until he starts solids. Makes me feel like there is a light at the end of this tunnel and can get back to good sleep....at least until he starts teething :)

Otherwise we are wonderful! He has started belly laughing and sitting up on his own. Now that he's mastered sitting though, he generally wants nothing to do with it and sits with his knees locked and pushes up on his heels until I stand him up... I have a suspicion I'm not going to be able to catch him once he gets mobile. He's also a really fast backwards scooter and I need to baby-proof the bottom corners of furniture now... he always seems to head straight for it! Still zero interest in rolling but I'm not worried. As the pediatrician said "how often do you really roll in your every day life?"

It never lets me upload pictures so I changed my avatar picture to him about 2 weeks ago :)

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying summer!

Lovely to see your update, kksy! Sorry to hear Charles has been poorly :( That's fab that he's getting more structure to his naps & self-settling. Nowhere near either of those over here :dohh: Can't believe he's sitting already! Clever baby!

Leo is getting chunky & trying desperately to roll. He still can't figure our what to do with his bottom arm though, bless him :haha: He's loving time in his Jumperoo these days. He is super clingy though. He doesn't like to be in a different room to me for even a couple of minutes & would be held all day if he could :( My wrap is getting plenty of use!

We've just had a family trip up Disneyland Paris. Rex had a whale of a time & Leo enjoyed all the colourful things to look at & all the people :) I'm exhausted from it though! Need a day in bed but that won't happen!

Rex starts half days at school on the 16th. Really looking forward to getting into more of a routine with Leo once Rex is out at a fixed time everyday. Looking forward to doing a few more baby groups too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->