• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April mummies 2014 :)

Momofone: was your obgyn able to provide info/relief for your PCOS?
Pink: Tristan is the cutest! Love the truck/sling combo!
Bookworm: it must have been sooooo scary to take your little one in with such a high fever! And undergoing surgery with a newborn is just crazy, you had a rough couple of months, I hope everything is settled now.
Sorry if I forget anyone.

I'm also very jealous of everyone's sleep! Lou is 7 weeks old and rarely goes more than 2.5 hours between feeds day or night. It takes an hour to feed,burp,settle her at night so not much sleep here. My husband is helping a lot, I could never do this on my own. In fact even with his help I'm starting to feel very weepy, irritable and just plain sad. I had PPD with my first daughter and I'm afraid I'm heading in that direction again.

Question: how do you get your LOs to fall asleep? Nurse to sleep? Rock? Fall asleep on their own? It is such a battle to get Lou to sleep and even if she falls asleep she will wake up after 10 minutes. Don't know what to do anymore. The one trick that works is to bounce on a yoga ball while she's in the baby carrier but my back is hurting so bad!

Sorry I feel like I'm always complaining when I'm on here... Thanks for letting me vent!

Momofone: was your obgyn able to provide info/relief for your PCOS?
Pink: Tristan is the cutest! Love the truck/sling combo!
Bookworm: it must have been sooooo scary to take your little one in with such a high fever! And undergoing surgery with a newborn is just crazy, you had a rough couple of months, I hope everything is settled now.
Sorry if I forget anyone.

I'm also very jealous of everyone's sleep! Lou is 7 weeks old and rarely goes more than 2.5 hours between feeds day or night. It takes an hour to feed,burp,settle her at night so not much sleep here. My husband is helping a lot, I could never do this on my own. In fact even with his help I'm starting to feel very weepy, irritable and just plain sad. I had PPD with my first daughter and I'm afraid I'm heading in that direction again.

Question: how do you get your LOs to fall asleep? Nurse to sleep? Rock? Fall asleep on their own? It is such a battle to get Lou to sleep and even if she falls asleep she will wake up after 10 minutes. Don't know what to do anymore. The one trick that works is to bounce on a yoga ball while she's in the baby carrier but my back is hurting so bad!

Sorry I feel like I'm always complaining when I'm on here... Thanks for letting me vent!

My doctor recommended I try to get him to sleep on his own, but rocking or holding work. He sort of put himself into a schedule, usually he goes to bed at 9 or 9:30.

Leo fights sleep something rotten too. Rex always went straight to sleep on the boob & once he was done, I just held him for 5 mins or so then put him down. The problem with him was getting him stay asleep! Leo is a pain to get to sleep but once he's down, he'll stay for as round 4 hours at night. He doesn't fall asleep when BF which is new to me! I usually have to walk up & down, rock him or pat him. I'm not worried about sleep associations & all that. He's still so little! Once he's over 3 months I'll try to lay him down while drowsy & get him to fall asleep in his cot. Rex always fed to sleep at night, first when BF then also when FF & he sleeps just fine now :)

I feed Luca to sleep, too. He's a pretty drowsy little guy, so he drifts off all the time, but it's staying to sleep that's tough! He sleeps about an hour at a time, followed by a 15 minute snack and rock, then off to another hour. This goes on most of the day and night, with a really alert hour or two here and there. I don't worry about sleep association this early, either. I'm in survival mode! DH is out of town and with 4 kids (2 under 16 months!) I'm just trying to keep them all safe and fed. :haha:

We are still a million miles away from self settling too. I generally feed to sleep but on occasion he gets to the point where he doesn't want to be on the breast anymore so I will rock him to sleep. Then there's my secret weapon that I go to when all else fails - put him on the boob while standing up, gently rocking him and shushing in his ear. He doesn't stand a chance, out like a light :haha:

Josephine, sorry you're having a rough time :hugs: Have you tried swaddling?

Sarah: she gets really upset when I swaddle her. She likes being held close and firmly but not swaddled. Go figure. She will fall asleep at the breast in the morning but I feel like she gets overstimulated as the day go by and takes forever to settle at night. Last night we gently bounced her for an hour+ before she finally fell asleep. We take turn bouncing while watching Netflix: takes your mind of it. Also I think I'll have the strongest core muscles in history from all that bouncing! I'm happy about that ;)

My first daughter also needed to be bounced to sleep. No amount of rocking shushing you name it would do. She needed 30 min of bouncing every. single. time. At 2 in the morning. That was rough. By the time she was 4 months old I was so tired and sore that we decided to sleep train her with the 5-10-15 method (a variation on CIO). Within 3 days she was self-settling to sleep and has ever since. I'm pretty sure we will do the same with Lou. I realize this is a controversial topic, not everyone agrees with letting your child cry. In my case it was that or my health and sanity.

We spent the weekend at the cottage and it was lovely. I love going out of the city, it is so beautiful and peaceful in the country. I hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

JosephineLou- OH that hair!! So adorable!

My son always fought the swaddle too but it was what he needed. After a few minutes of realizing there was no escape, he would fall asleep. We tried so hard to go without but his startle reflex kept him up all night.

I did the CC method with my son at 9 months old. It was wonderful at first. Now he's about to turn 2 and still sleeps like crap. We're looking into toddler sleep training methods now. :wacko:

Josephine- she is gorgeous! Look at that hair, I'm jealous!

Bookworm and Josephine- I did the 5-10-15 method with my middle daughter and she just started sleeping through the night a month before Odin came. She was 19 months. She still waked occasionally but she just wants a hug and goes back to sleep. My oldest is almost 6 and I never had this problem. By 8 weeks she STTN and has ever since.

AFM- Odin is getting big. He's been rather fussy the last two weeks with horrible gas. We have to pat him upwards of an hour sometimes just to get some of them out. He's taking gas drops now and we were instructed by the pediatrician to give him an ounce of prune juice a day in order to help with the constipation. We just switched formula this morning, so hopefully all those combined will bring back my happy little monkey.

Attachments

• 10441926_897961803562765_3089196575150601095_n.jpg
    10441926_897961803562765_3089196575150601095_n.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
Hi Ladies! Sorry I've been gone so long...I ve been keeping up with everyone just not posting. Adorable pictures ladies!

AFM, things are going well! Charles is 10 weeks old and 11 1/2 pounds at his check last week. We have transitioned him into his own room, but he's still in his bassinet. Hoping to be in his crib in the next month. Sleeping is about 50/50- half the nights he will do a 4-5 hour stretch and then 2 2-hour stretches before getting up around 6 am. He is still a little colicky and wakes up around 4-4:30 in the morning with gas pains so he comes and sleeps on me until he gets up. The other half of the nights is every 2-3 hours all night. Otherwise though we are doing great!!

Lovely piccies as always :) These April babies are adorable!

Leo is 8 weeks old tomorrow. Where has that time gone?! Still BF & he goes 3 hours in the day on the whole but has started to go 3.5 hours from his first morning feed til the mid morning one which is nice. Sleep wise, I'd say he's better than Rex was at this age. The only issue is I can't get him to go down in the evenings at all. He'll still only sleep on one of us. But after his last feed around 11pm, he'll sleep for 5ish hours, feed then comes in bed with me until Rex barges in or my alarm goes off. I really need to work on the evenings though! Need a couple of child free hours in the evenings :( He weighs 11lb 9oz now. Rex weighed that at 6 weeks so Leo still seems so small to me!

We switched the formula like we had discussed and Odin slept from 945- 415!!!! That is the longest stretch yet. I feel so rested lol

Hey, a little late to the party :) Solomon Toby was born 10th april, 6lb 12oz, gas and air and 3 hour labour, as quick as my first!!! We are getting on brilliantly, following the 25th centile line and exclusively breastfed (except for the toast crumbs his brother sprinkled in his mouth today argh). Looking forward to catching up :)

Welcome moomin!

Momofone, was it a one off or did you get more successful nights? We're contemplating switching formula but I'm not sure if it's worth it or of it will just make her tummy upset.

Hi there Moomin!
Love seeing all the pics of our gorgeous babies :D I can't believe my little man will be 12 weeks old tomorrow!
We're just back from a weeks holiday by the seaside which was lovely, bit tricky fitting in feeds while being at the beach or following DD around the play area but we managed. Tristan slept really well in his little pop-up bassinet which was the thing I was most worried about. He actually sleeps for pretty long stretches (8pm-5am most nights) which I'm not complaining about at all but I do worry about him becoming dehydrated in this warm weather. We use disposables at night rather than cloth and his nappy is quite often dry when he wakes. I don't really want to wake him for a feed but not sure what to do for the best? My daughter was a winter baby so I never had this problem!

It's very quiet here lately!
Pink: amazing sleep from Tristan! It must feel so good to sleep that many consecutive hours. We are still up every 3 hours at best. Can't wait until Lou start skipping a feed at night!

So my little peanut got her needles today. It broke my heart to see the needles in her chubby legs and the look on her face. I know it's for the greater good but it felt terrible to inflict that to her. Good news is that she is growing really well. She is on the 93rd percentile for height and 86 for weight. She's a big girl!

We are off for a 2 week trip to my home town on Monday. I remember being soooo anxious about flying with my first daughter but not this time. I'm really looking forward to a change of scenery.

I hope everyone is doing well and taking in the good weather!

Josephinelou, DS and I are flying to DC on Wednesday, I am nervous but excited! Isn't it hard to watch them stick needles in your baby? I cried right along with him.
AFM, colton isn't hungry when we wake, so I am working on dropping a feed by cutting back how long he nurses at around 5 am. We just did an unofficial weight and he is about 14 lbs! Holy moly, my little boy is growing quickly!

Lots of big babies, mine is 97th percentile for height and 90th for weight! She's as big as some 4 month olds and moving rapidly into 3-6 mo clothes. She weighed 12 lbs at 6 weeks,
Haven't gotten a weight since!

Leo seems like a titch compared to the other April babies! He's only just above the 50th!

We had a lovely week at Center Parcs last week. Leo had his first little dip in the water for all of 10 minutes on one day!

He's starting to sleep 11-5 on a regular basis but he still refuses to go down before his last feed :( I want my evenings back now!! He just snoozes in his chair or on us until it's time for the late feed but the minute you try to put him in the Moses basket he wakes up & cries. Yet he can sleep fine in there on a night :shrug:

Odin is in the 95th percentile. He was 13.5 lbs at his 2 month check up and already well into 3-6 month clothes. He's not chunky , he is super long. 3-6 is swimming on him around his chest and belly, but I can't button the bottom in a smaller size as it's too short for his long torso. Pj's he has to wear 6-9 otherwise he can't stretch his legs. I bet he's going to get to 6 ft easily. I don't know where he got the tall gene, I'm 5ft 2 and his dad is 5ft 11.

SazzleR- I hope your little guy starts sleeping better soon. It's rough not having that evening time to relax just a little. How did he like the pool? I have been wanting to take my little man but was told to wait until 6 months because of body temperature regulation. Would it be okay if I took him since our pool is heated?

Bookworm- aww she's a little chunk. I bet she's adorable! My second was also in the 97th percentile. She will be 2 in August and already wearing 3T clothes. She's tall though just like Odin. My first is itty bitty though, she is only in the 10th percentile. Crazy how different siblings can be. Was your first in the 97th percentile?

Josephinelou- it's awful when they get their shots. Poor bubs. I cried like a baby with mine.

Azuregirl- have a safe flight and enjoy your vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->