• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April mummies 2014 :)

Hi!
Hope Charles is feeling and sleeping better now kksy. We went through a week or so of very unsettled nights and a sad baby when he got a cold which was really hard. He kept waking up in a panic as he was so congested :-(
Sazzle-Disneyland sounds amazing, I'm so jealous :haha:
Erin has just started school so I'm hoping we'll be able to go to some baby groups too, even if it's just to distract me from how quiet the house is without her!
Tristan mastered rolling from back to front on Tuesday but now gets pretty fed up when he can't go back again. He can sit up for a couple of wobbly seconds but he's not very keen on it. We've had to have quite a few appts to check his head circumference as it suddenly jumped a few centiles but I think he just has a big head!
https://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/08df8766-7cfc-40bb-8a59-e2432b8371f8_zpsf0a8cf3a.jpg

Sigh...I replied and then hit the wrong button....will retype after baby down :)

Okay..I'm back :)

Charles is feeling much better now and is back to his normal self :) I enjoyed all of the snuggles with my little guy but just felt so terrible for him not being able to breathe or sleep

Sazzle- aww! I love chunky babies :) So jealous of your Disneyland trip! I bet Rex had a great time and what a fun thing to do right before school starts! Enjoy the time with just Leo :) I have so much respect for you gals with multiples - I'm a bit terrified of it when the time gets there lol. How do you like your wrap? I have a Moby but just haven't been using it as much as I'd like (way too hot here to use outside). I'm looking to get a soft-structured carrier like a Tula or the like.

pinklizzy- Tristan is SO cute! that's great that he's got rolling down and before you know it he'll be going both directions. i always liked this line i read that "some babies primary mode of transportation is rolling." I just envision the baby rolling all around the house to get from point A to B lol. Have fun with the baby groups! I'm part of one but haven't been able to go to any events because of my DH's surgery, traveling, baby being sick etc. Now that we are getting back to normal around here, I'm looking forward to getting to out to meet some other moms! I hope his head is okay (though I'm sure that it is). I'm sure it is reassuring to know that it is being watched so closely!

Finally able to upload some pictures! He's really changed a lot in 4 1/2 months!

Attachments

• c1a.jpg
    c1a.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 7
  • c1b.jpg
    c1b.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 6
  • ca3.jpg
    ca3.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 7
Aww he's just so gorgeous. what a heart breaking smile!!

Thanks! The bigger he gets the deeper his dimples are and i'm only a little obsessed with them lol :)

Ladies what wonderful updates on all of your little ones.
Odin had his 5 month check up on Tuesday. He is 18.7 lbs and 27.5 inches!He is one big boy. The pediatrician gave us the go ahead with baby food because of his size and because he is drinking more than 36 oz a day. He is such a happy baby but definitely a hungry one.

I am so glad everyone is doing well. We are getting over a nasty cold that hit all of us, but we are all feeling better today. :thumbup:

Attachments

• 10623600_943720402320238_1946222915416575126_o.jpg
    10623600_943720402320238_1946222915416575126_o.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 5
Yay babies! So cute! DS and I have a cold...he is snotty and fights any nose suctioning attempts...I have a runny nose and sore throat. 3 days...and oh so tired...
We just got a Boba 3g, DS isn't a huge lover of being carried, but definitely prefers that over a wrap.
DS is finally sleeping better at night, that regression was rough.
We saw my two month old niece, and woah is she tiny! It's crazy to think just how quickly our babies grow!

Aaawww! Tristan, Charles & Odin are ADORABLE! :)

kksy, I love my Moby. I had it with Rex but didn't really get much use out of it. But it's been a god send with Leo. I stick him in it to get things done on clingy days & it's great for trips to the park with Rex as I can still help him up things & don't have to leave Leo sat there in the pram.

pink - I'm sure there's absolutely nothing to worry about with Tristan's head. It looks perfectly in proportion to me!

Leo has figured out his rolling now & it's proving a nightmare on a night. He scoots round & rolls over & then gets all upset when he can't get back again :dohh:

I have a poorly baby today :( Leo spent 8 hours from 4.30am throwing up :cry: It was so horrible not being able to help him. No sick for 5 hours now so I'm hoping we're over the worst of it. And I thought BF prevented tummy bugs :(

We're starting baby massage on Friday. And are starting a baby sensory class once Rex starts his half days at school. Lots to keep us busy til Christmas :)

Hope all your babies start feeling better soon!!

Charles has been backwards scooting for quite awhile but today started scooting forward....I think we are moving towards crawling...someone tell this boy to slow down! He started with his feet at the bottom of the mat and scooted to where is is in 3 minutes :)

Attachments

• cs1.jpg
    cs1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 3
Hello lovely April mommies. How is everyone?

Colton is great, I on the other hand, am sad. My RA is too active for the safe meds. We are weaning DS, he often fights his bottles, I feel bad. :(

That said, how many ounces are your babies taking in a sitting? Mine usually only eats four, which is low for a formula baby.

:hugs: Azure :-( I get sad about not breastfeeding so I can imagine how hard it must be for you. You have done really well to get to this point though.
Tristan takes 5-7oz from each bottle and usually has 5 bottles during the day although sometimes will only have 4 feeds.
We're doing well, Tristan is getting better at sitting on his own and rolls everywhere! We are starting to think about weaning now which is quite exciting in it's own way but it also makes me sad that he's growing up so quickly!

My baby girl is doing awesome. Rolling over constantly, starting to do a high pitched scream a lot, has her 2 bottom teeth (since 4 months old) and working on sitting up. Can sometimes sit for up to 20 seconds or so and sometimes can't sit for even 1 second.

We tried cereal and bananas but she doesn't seem to like either very much. Maybe not ready or need to try new foods? The reason I tried it is because her nights aren't as good as they used to be. She gets up every 5 hours now at night. She is the happiest baby ever. Not sure how much milk she gets, she is bf. gonna post a pic. :)

Azure- I am so sorry that you are having to wean baby Colton. big :hugs:
In regards to your question, Odin drinks 6 ounces at a time. don't be concerned with Colton eating 4. As long as he is gaining weight all is perfectly fine. Each baby is so different.

Pinklizzy- They grow so fast! It's sad yet so exciting and those first foods are so cute!

Bookworm- Odin loves bananas. I remember Karlee hated them though. She would throw a fit each and every time so I finally gave up. At 2, she finally eats them.

AFM- Odin is growing quite well! I can't believe he will be 6 months on the 1st!!! We have started weaning him and he LOVES food. He isn't picky in the least, which is a plus for us. He is rolling everywhere now and even gets his belly up of the ground in an attempt to crawl. He is still working on sitting up all by himself, but he is really close... I would say probably another week.

We are doing well over here! Charles is cutting his first teeth so that's been ...interesting. One has poked through and 3 others are in the works :( He has *finally* decided to start rolling from his tummy to back and is close to getting back to tummy...one arm keeps getting stuck :) He is also working on crawling. He can scoot forward and gets his arms straight once he's on his belly(he throws himself forward from sitting up and hasn't figured out to catch himself yet so he face plants a lot lol). Just needs to get up on his knees and I think he will be off!Waiting a couple more weeks to 6 months and will be starting some solids...someone please tell these babies of ours to slow down!!

Thanks pink and momo, looks like he is getting used to it, less fighting and drinking 5.5 oz :)

No teeth on my son, we still get gummy smiles! And DS will do little push ups and keeps trying to get his knees under him, he scoots backward instead of forward. :haha: He does this a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_8032708975678.jpg
    IMG_8032708975678.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 8
My daughter does 4oz every 2 hr. Sometimes she will do 6oz and go longer hours.

DS had constipation yesterday...he had a formed poo...I had to ask the ped for advice. Turns out he doesn't like pear juice mixed with water, but will drink it with his milk. I wondered why his appetite went down, but since we got that sorted, he is happy! Last night was our last BFing session, I cried, and made sure I got a picture of it, because I want to remember and be proud of the time I was able to feed him. :) Colton will be 6 months on Thursday! That means solids! I was going to do rice cereal, but I think given his issue yesterday, I will just skip to peas! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->