April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Especially with a higher risk of leakage. :dohh:

In my experience, I have had more leaks with disposables than cloth! It likely depends on the diaper (if it's not one that fits your little one well, it's obviously not going to work as well), but most, like fitteds, or flats, will hold pretty much everything in were sposies are prone to saturating more quickly or leaking out the tops.

Morning girls. I'm super bummed today. Last night I got my test results and I'm diagnosed with ureaplasma (ureaplasma is present harmlessly in 75-80% of the adult population, but in some people it can grow to pathogenic proportions and cause problems - pelvic inflammatory disease in women and urethreitis in men. It is not considered an STI, although it can be passed sexually)... I read a lot in the internet about the connection of this infection with mc, and of course I'm afraid of the antibiotics that I will eventually take. Talked to my doc briefly last night about it and said it is very early to take any antibiotics and I better wait after the 12 week to start them. He said it is harmless and not to worry about.

I can't stop worrying of course and I couldn't sleep last night. Anyone has any experience with this?

I found that the best nappies were pampers.. they hardly leaked at al... huggies were the worst.

lily that sounds stressful. ive never heard of that. i hope they can get it sorted asap xxx

ive just done the school run. i was so dizzy and felt sick :( not fun

Most people don't know about it because it is harmless, it just exists without symptoms. I talked with my sis and she has it too, one obgyn told her to take antibiotics, and another told her not to worry about it as it is harmless & very easy to develop it again... All I read here in the B&B forum after a search are tragic stories of still borns and 20 week mc... I don't know what to think.
My head says that it is normal to find it in most of the mc as 80% of the people have it, it is a coincidence, but on the other hand my heart is aching from fear.

Aww Lilly I'm sorry you are having to worry about this! I don't have any experience but I'm hoping all is ok with you!!

I've not been around as I'm feeling rough but I will catch up with everyone once I'm feeling slightly human again!

Sorry (((hugs))) to everyone x

Woohoo! :happydance: Doctors appointment went great yesterday! The scan was amazing. We got to hear & see our little bean's heartbeat! We are measuring 8w today heart rate was 159!

I have to be honest. Not only did it take my breath away, I'm pretty sure my heart stopped beating at the sound of my baby's! Yes, tears flowed down my face like water works. That was the best sound I have ever heard in my life.

Now today I'm fasting.... oh joy.... I can't get my fasting bloodwork done until after I get off work so I'm having to make it until around 2pm. I'm pretty sure I'm going to starve to death..... :haha:

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Attachments

• 9-13-12 scan3.jpg
    9-13-12 scan3.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 2
Especially with a higher risk of leakage. :dohh:

In my experience, I have had more leaks with disposables than cloth! It likely depends on the diaper (if it's not one that fits your little one well, it's obviously not going to work as well), but most, like fitteds, or flats, will hold pretty much everything in were sposies are prone to saturating more quickly or leaking out the tops.

We've had more pee leaks with cloth (mainly the cheaper pocket diapers) but WAY more poopsplosions (yes, poopsplosions) with disposables. That's one reason I love prefolds and Flip covers so much. Those covers fit dd perfectly and I almost never have even a pee leak with them.

My only problem with cloth is I can't seem to find a suitable solution for overnight. I can't stand the thought of just stuffing her diaper cover full of stuff. Two prefolds or a prefold and a couple of soakers. It's just too bulky. I'm worried about it messing with her spine alignment or something. I've got one really awesome hemp soaker that I can fold between a prefold and it doesn't add too much bulk and works overnight. But the darn things cost way too much and I can't seem to bring myself to buy more.

I found that the best nappies were pampers.. they hardly leaked at al... huggies were the worst.

lily that sounds stressful. ive never heard of that. i hope they can get it sorted asap xxx

I also prefer Pampers as disposables. But I've had good luck with Huggies as well. Huggies really sucked the first month or so before dd's thighs got chunky, though. Constant leaks through the legs. But now I think they work about as well for us as Pampers. I think Huggies are better for chunkier babies.

Luvs are the ones that have been the worst for us. Ugh. Every single diaper leaks. Pee and poop everywhere. Poop always went shooting straight up her back in them. :dohh: But I know they work well for lots of people. So, I think it's just trial by error to figure out what works best for your baby.

Most people don't know about it because it is harmless, it just exists without symptoms. I talked with my sis and she has it too, one obgyn told her to take antibiotics, and another told her not to worry about it as it is harmless & very easy to develop it again... All I read here in the B&B forum after a search are tragic stories of still borns and 20 week mc... I don't know what to think.
My head says that it is normal to find it in most of the mc as 80% of the people have it, it is a coincidence, but on the other hand my heart is aching from fear.

I know it's impossible not to worry but when you think about it, your doctor really has no reason to lie to you. :hugs: When I started spotting, every post I found on B&B about spotting ended in miscarriage. But since seeing my baby is growing on target and has a strong heartbeat, and seeing a potential cause for the spotting that both the u/s tech and my doctor said wasn't a threat to the baby, I have to stop freaking out so much about it. No more B&B searches for me. :haha:

I also prefer Pampers as disposables. But I've had good luck with Huggies as well. Huggies really sucked the first month or so before dd's thighs got chunky, though. Constant leaks through the legs. But now I think they work about as well for us as Pampers. I think Huggies are better for chunkier babies.

Luvs are the ones that have been the worst for us. Ugh. Every single diaper leaks. Pee and poop everywhere. Poop always went shooting straight up her back in them. :dohh: But I know they work well for lots of people. So, I think it's just trial by error to figure out what works best for your baby.

both my babies were quite skinny, they are like sticks even though they eat like pigs! So you are probaby right. I just remember buying huggies once and thinking never again, Luke's cot blanket would be covered in marks where the leak had come through the legs even during only a half night nappy. I think no nappy is safe when it comes to those horrible poo explosions! the ones that end up right to the babies neck! lol but yeh I'm a pampers cheerleader when it comes to disposables.

I'm looking at the all in 2s when it comes to cloth and will probably be using an extra soaker at night. I guess for the first few months when baby is waking every 2-3 hours for a feed there wont be many leaks as I change nappies before feeds. Its great to have people here who know about cloth nappies who can share information. xx

lily I guess its kind of like when you have a cold and you google your symptoms and get brain cancer come up in the results haha.. (yes I'm guilty of this) I usually find that googling the crap out of stuff just makes it worse! It is good that you know what is happening with you but I bet also there are tonnes of women out there who have had what you have and not known about it and still gone on to have happy healthy pregnancies and still dont know they have it... xx

Littlespy have you stopped spotting now? xx

I got my first midwife appointment in 2 weeks!! omg I'm so excited!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Thank you so much to everyone for your cloth information, no matter how big or small. I'm a total beginner, and had never even thought about it until last week, so hearing all this is really great stuff!

Ngodshands I am so so sorry about your dog :hugs: I know the absolute devastation that comes with the loss of a dog, and just how long it takes to feel normal again. Lots of love coming your way at this awful time.

Lily, so sorry to hear about your medical troubles, but fingers crossed that everything with you and baby is, and will remain, just fine.

Ukgirl 2 weeks is no time at all! How exciting! And thanks for the names of the cloth nappies you use, am researching them now!

Maybesoon yay for your scan! Wonderful news!

Afm...bed at 8pm last night, after driving home from my parents sobbing. Yesterday was a thought day - for no real reason. Just so tired and hormonal. And my SIL greeted me at my parents with "look Jacob! Auntie Sarah is getting fat!" which really didn't help. She is obsessed with asking about my weight since she found out I'm pregnant, and commenting on how my clothes look tight. It's crazy, I know it's what her sister did to her during her pregnancy, so she should know to be a bit more sensitive. I pointed out "I'm not fat, I'm pregnant, and I haven't put on any weight".

So anyway, got a mammoth sleep last night and felt loads better today. Exhausted now after a hectic day at work so TGIF!!!! Will be spending my weekend on the sofa researching cloth!

Doggylover hopefully she will be more considerate next time you see her. My friend was across the road today and was shouting I can see your belly at me during he school run lol she thinks im having twins because im huuuuge already. Its ok to look fat now though we have an excuse!!!

Oh no, that's awful for her to do!!

I wouldn't mind if my SIL was joking, but she really isn't. It is hard for her because she is the skinny one in her family who are all quite big, and they have always made remarks to her if she puts on any weight. When she was pregnant her sister was losing weight and used to be really nasty, and I guess if that's all you are used to, then you feed t hat back to people. I dislike being called fat though! In fairness I am as bloated as anything at the minute!!!

She probably thinks its normal because its how she was treated. she would probably be upset if she knew she had hurt your feelings. Im mega bloated too. its hard to find trousers which fit at the moment so Im living in leggings and dresses xx

Wow doggylover, I can't imagine my SIL saying something like that to me. I have just the opposite going on with my friends & family. Most of my family are very overweight & I have always been extremely skinny. At all family get togethers everyone spends entirely too much time commenting on how "I need to gain weight". To the point of last year at Christmas I finally got upset & made the remark that maybe some of them just needed to stop shoveling so much junk food down their throats! I know it was wrong & I felt really bad later, but they haven't been doing it as much since.

And it's not that I'm unhealthy skinny. I eat well & exercise & have always just had a fast metabolism.

Maybesoon her family are obsessed with weight. It is literally all they talk about, it's insanity. And good for you to say that to your family! Why should you be criticised for being healthy?!

Ukgirl I live I'm unbuttoned trousers at the minute haha! I need to get more dresses definitely!!

Hello ladies!!! I am sorry for being out of the picture for a while. I have just been SUPER busy at work and at home. I am glad to see that everyone is still progressing well and discussing what diapers to use!

I get nervous talking about those types of things as I start to think "what if something goes wrong". I would be crushed. After a couple of losses, I can't help but to be over paranoid. I am so afraid to think about the future. I am just taking it day by day...sorry for being so negative.

Lily - I am so sorry that you got this worrisome results. I have my fingers crossed for you that everything is just fine!

ngodshand - so sorry about losing your dog. they do become a part of the family.

ukgirl - I am counting down to my next appointment too! I still have 3 weeks...

maybesoon - Isn't the best feeling to see the scan of your bean and listen to the heartbeat! I teared up too!

doggylover - you are not fat!

Littlespy have you stopped spotting now? xx

:nope:

It's tapering off a bit. Not there every time I wipe anymore. I thought it had stopped yesterday as I hadn't seen any since early that afternoon but I woke up to more. Haven't seen it since this morning but I pretty much expect to see it again. Not much bright red the last couple of days though so it's less concerning.

Thanks chig :)

Littlespy :hugs: sending lots of positive thoughts to you, and hoping of course that this is just a little blip in your road

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->