April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Dan-o congrats on the puppies!! I hope mumma dog is doing well, and I'm sure the little bundles are gorgeous!

Hi ladies, hope everyone's well this morning :hugs:

I'm feeling a lot better today, just a bit exhausted as my dog had an emergency csection on Friday night (doing well now and 4 babies survived)
My son also needing me more as he's either teething or feeling poorly and very irritable/not eating well... can't quite work out what's wrong with him. DH has also had a very busy few days at work, so I've not seen him during daylight hours lol! :dohh:

Regarding weight gain, I've not gained anything, but my waist has gone up a dress size and my bust and bum have got smaller! I think if I wasn't pregnant I'd have lost a few pounds!

Dan-o have you heard of teething syndrome? my son had it, basically for a few days before his tooth cut he would get rashes and fevers, be sick, had a runny bum and snotty nose and very clingy/restless. The doctors say its quite common. It could be that? xx

as for weight gain I personally dont care how fat I get! I wanted this baby I expected to put on weight because that is what happens in pregnancy. I can jog/run/swim afterwards and burn it all off. I'm just going to eat what I like and enjoy my pregnancy :)

Yes sounds about right, he really suffers with teething, bless him. Mind you he is male :haha:
Probably molars on the way then, hope they don't take long!

I'm watching my intake of the bad stuff (cheese, chocolate and sweets in my case!) mainly because I worked very hard to lose weight over this last year. Mind you I didn't gain a lot in my last pregnancy, just the baby weight really, so hopefully I can do the same again and pick up the weight loss programme again in April! If not then breast feeding should shift a few lbs of lard anyway :haha:

awww frozen bananas are good for teething ;) hope he cuts them soon xxx

Didn't think of that, will have to give those a go! Thanks!

Dano congrats on the puppies and I'm sorry your little one is struggling!

Mmmm frozen bananas sound quite appealing actually!

Has anyone else struggled with groin pain? Mine really hurts when I walk.... My back is also really bad but I think that's an old injury playing up grr feeling like a right old cronk lol

I seem to have put weight on none of my clothes fit me I'm normally a uk 8 but omg they don't go anywhere near - actually feeling very self concious about it But keep reminding my self I can always loose ur after the baby!

How is everyone today? I have to admit I'm concerned about this evening we are out for drinks and a curry with a big group of friends - ugh not sure I'll even cope with the smell ..... Help!! Can't make an excuse either as it's my oh that organised it - oooops!

I lost loads of weight from breastfeeding my babies, but my period came back in month 6 and it changed the taste so my son wouldn't drink :( I'm hoping to go right up to a year at least with baby this time. My friend was saying how she weaned her baby on roast dinners at 4 months. I didn't think it was a good idea.

nimbec I hobbled round tesco the other day, I've had pelvis pain for a few days now I cant walk fast now.

I read that lemon can cut through bad smells so maybe if you drink lemonade or have lemon sweets with you it could help with the curry smell?

I'm the type of person who has to research the shit out of everything I'm experiencing, in order to cope with it. So hopefully the stuff I read can help lol.

I felt so sick yesterday and MIL expects a visit from us today, she has cats and they reak!! may need some lemon sweets of my own today!!

as for weight gain I personally dont care how fat I get! I wanted this baby I expected to put on weight because that is what happens in pregnancy. I can jog/run/swim afterwards and burn it all off. I'm just going to eat what I like and enjoy my pregnancy :)

I'm not specifically concerned about how much weight I'll gain, although I would like to stick to the recommended amount per tri. I'm more concerned with making sure I'm putting good food into my body to help me and baby stay healthy. I take a pre-natal, but it's so important to eat well too!

For example, I know part of the reason that I've been feeling so sleepy is because I've been eating so many carbs and not enough protein. Food affects how your body feels, and it can be hard to eat well when you feel like crap... but eating poorly just contributes to feeling that way. It's a viscious circle really!

That's why I've started to try and cook meals ahead of time, so that I have good balanced meals ready to go when I want them--and when I don't feel up to cooking, I already have something ready that's going to be a healthy option.

thats a good idea to pre-cook meals ready to mum. I think I will probably do that too, or cook earlier than usual.

Hi Ladies,

Kristabell, I also ordered the Bella Band from I&E and love them! I spend a little more and bought the lace one... Its amazing... All i've been wearing to work (that way the pants and skits can stay unbuttoned ;)).

I think I might need to look into this Bella Band! My waist size hasn't changed, but with the bloated tummy sticking out, it's pretty uncomfortable to do up most of my pants, and if I wear them below the bloat then it makes it stick out even more! :dohh:

Does it makes you really hot to wear it?

Nimbec I would love to go out for a curry right now! Loving anything spicy at the moment!

Ukgirl mine came back at 6 months too and LO dropped to only 4 feeds a day. At 10 months-ish he quit completely, which I regret in a way as he's a terrible eater! He could really do with the extra nutrition still!

Hi Ladies,

Kristabell, I also ordered the Bella Band from I&E and love them! I spend a little more and bought the lace one... Its amazing... All i've been wearing to work (that way the pants and skits can stay unbuttoned ;)).

I think I might need to look into this Bella Band! My waist size hasn't changed, but with the bloated tummy sticking out, it's pretty uncomfortable to do up most of my pants, and if I wear them below the bloat then it makes it stick out even more! :dohh:

I loved my belly bands last time, going to invest in some more shortly! Mine were just like t-shirt material so not hot to wear at all, but comfy and covered my belly nicely! :flower:

Hi Ladies,

Actually not hot at all. I would have thought the same, but Florida is very tropical and humid and I have had zero problems.

You girls have the right attitude about weight gain... just keep it healthy. I will try to adapt to that. My problem is, that I know that OH thinks pregnant women are unattractive :growlmad:. I knew this before we got BFP so what does it matter right lol. I'm happy and I shouldn't worry about him.

I need to go shopping to day and pick up healthy foods for the week.

I have to say, for all you ladies with LO at home... you are my hero! I don't know how you do it!! There were a solid 4 weeks, that I was useless! If I had to take care of anyone else, I would have been a mess!

I lost loads of weight from breastfeeding my babies, but my period came back in month 6 and it changed the taste so my son wouldn't drink :( I'm hoping to go right up to a year at least with baby this time. My friend was saying how she weaned her baby on roast dinners at 4 months. I didn't think it was a good idea.

What a thing to wean onto!!! My brothers friend has a 6 weeks old baby and plans to start weaning him in FIVE WEEKS. He'll only be 11 weeks old! She did a similar thing with her ds. It's insanity! The worst bit is, even when the little boy doesn't want to eat, and is refusing what she gives him (he's two) she forces it into his mouth!

Hi
I am sorry I havent been on much. I have been working in London on and off over the last 3 weeks. I have had another scan. Hopefully you can see the babies. I will have a proper read and catch up over the next few days. XXXXX

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 12
Mary those scan pics are great! You can see both sacs and babies so clearly! Congrats!

Congrats on the twins!!!

Dan-o its hard when they wont feed isnt it! My DS had to go to powder milk in the end because even when he did take a feed the horemones made him gassy and upset. The powder constipated him though poor little guy.

doggylover.. its a pet hate of mine when babies are weaned too early. I heard of babies who were force fed solids and were too young to swallow them so they inhaled the food instead and died of lung infections. plus babies tummies arent able to digest solids until they have certain teeth so even if a baby is a year old if it has no teeth it still shouldnt eat certain foods. I had a friend who weaned her DD at two months because she wouldnt sleep at night. She doesnt have her kids anymore. Plus studies show that babies who are weaned sleep no better than babies who exclusivley breastfeed. so its pointless. her baby just got
very fat very fast.

My DD ate every 2 hours so at 4 months she was allowed rice powder mixed with breast milk to fill her up more as my milk wasnt enough. and DS weaned at4 months onto mashed banana and apple to help his tummy issues.

I just think its insanity for anyone to force feed their child, no matter what age, but especially so young!! There is a reason that boobs provide milk and not a roast dinner!!

My SIL thinks that giving her 1 yr old porridge before bed will help him sleep. We see him twice a week at bed time, and he NEVER eats it. Yet she makes it every night for him, and it's clear he doesn't want it! People get some weird ideas about things...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->