April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

My partner and I have made it clear to our mothers that we will be primary care takers of our child. My mom is coming to stay for a while after baby is born, but mostly
To cook for us.

Boundaries need to be set from the beginning, so everyone has the same expectations and no one is disappointed.

Exactly what I need to do: reinforce the boundaries! I must print out a list of things they are allowed to do and what hours and days are allowed to visit :haha:

Thanks for the kind advice!

maybesoon - I am so sorry that you OH is being so mean and ungreatful. You have to stay strong!

Afm - I have been really moody this past weekend and have had really bad headaches. I am able to control the nausea for the most part, but it still comes and goes throughout the day. One that I did notice was that when I weighed myself this morning, I haven't gained a single pound! That kind of worries me. I know that I haven't been able to eat too much, but I think I am still eating more than before...not sure what to think...When did you ladies start to gain weight?

As for the whole parents thing, my in-laws live with my husband and me, so there is no way for me to have my alone time. On top of that, my SIL is also pregnant and my in-laws have asked her to move in my house so that they can help take care of both babies. They didn't even ask my husband and I if we were even okay with that. I might sound selfish, but I kind of want this time to be special for me, but I guess I might have to share it with my SIL. I am excited to share the pregnancy with her, but I'd like to have my space too. I know my mom will also want to come and help, so my house is going to be a mad house....I am already stressing...:dohh:

I gained 1 kilo since the beggining of the pregnancy, and it is I'm sure in my boobs :haha: Doc told me to monitor my weight and weigh every 2 weeks. Nurse weighed me today and she says it is more than perfect at this point.
I do eat a lot more than before I was pregnant, but healthy stuff like fruits and yogurt. I have huge cravings for porridge... I want to eat salty porridge everyday.:dohh:

Oh gosh, can't you just say no to them?:shrug:

9 weeks! I'm a olive. :happydance:

Running off to teach, will catch up properly later! :flower:

Thank you ladies so much! This is my first baby & I've waited so long. I just never imagined that it would be like this. I'm still staying at my parents. He didn't contact me at all during the day yesterday. He did text me last night just to be mean. I really just can't deal with him right now. He's so busy trying to make me feel like I'm in the wrong & being extremely unreasonable. I just wish there was a way to make him understand my side. I'm to the point of realizing he doesn't want me or our baby in his or his kids lives.

Before I left on Sunday I did mention couples/family counseling to him. His response "You seem to be the one with the problem. I don't see where going to talk to anyone would do any good. But if you need it then you should go, but I'm not".

I feel lost & without a home. I know that my parents truly love me & their home will always be my home. But it's just not the same. At the moment I'm just tired of holding it together. I just want to fall apart.

Awww maybesoon I feel so sad for you. I wish your partner could see what he is doing and the effect he is having on you. My ex left me at 3 Months pregnant with our second baby and alone with our 2 year old so I can feel how hurt you are. I say that you should maybe try one last time to reach out to him. Maybe in a letter you can say how you feel and that you and serious about leaving if he cant respect you. Hopefully the time apart will give you some well deserved peace and rest and give him time to sulk in his man cave. I hope he stops being a dickface soon xxxx

maybesoon - I dont think your being unreasonable atall asking for some quiet time - jeeez if you need a nap how are you supposed to sleep with the kids playing on the wii? Hmph if it was my OH I dont know what I would do - im sorry your having to go through this :(

littlespy - ive been spotting brown aswell since I had a massive red bleed a few weeks back so I understand how scary it is :( I think brown is ok though :)

trying to remember other stuff -

I am really interested in getting a doppler, I think I might hire one Ill have to have a look around!

Im sorry to hear some of you have issues with your mums aswell :( im quite lucky with mine - shes more like my best friend than anything else and she has been an absolute star when Roxy was born and shes so good now aswell, supporting me and the DH every choice we make.

Anyhow going to check on the Roast Dinner - yummmmm really wanted one today :)

Hope your all well and not feeling too sicky xxxxxxxx

I can't thank you ladies enough! Hearing that I'm not being a total unreasonable witch has helped me so much. I thought I was beginning to lose my mind over this. It helps to know that what I am feeling is normal & ok.

His ex-wife was 24 when she had their daughter so he keeps comparing me at 36 to her. I have tried to explain that although she may not have been exhausted or have violent all day sickness it doesn't mean I'm a big baby for having it. Women are all different as are all pregnancies. I'm not a 24 year old healthy woman who has never had a medical issue. I'm 36, I've had a few surgeries, a miscarriage, I get ovarian cysts all the time & have had surgery to have them removed almost losing my right ovary in the past, I've had the mirena implant for 3 years before he & I got together to help correct the ovarian cysts. So as my doctor stated she expects there to be some minor issues with my pregnancy. Nothing major, but there will be some issues. That's why at 20 weeks I'll be seeing a "high risk" doctor also. He just thinks I'm being a crybaby.

He even read the paperwork she gave me telling me to get 10 hours of sleep at night & a nap right after work or sometime during the day on the weekends. But to him it's all bs.

I think comparing you is the worst thing he can possibly do and thats one thing I would slap my OH for if he ever did it.

If medical advice has been laid out for you with the min amount of sleep etc you do it, if he doesnt want to help then, well, I dont know.

I agree with UKGIRL about the letter, if its actually written down he might read in to it more IYKWIM? xxxx

Aww maybesoon I'm so sorry he's still being a jerk!!!!!! Please take the time to think about what you truly want and what's best for you as your baby to be! Sending you MASSIVE hugs xxx

Maybesoon I just don't know what to say. He is not being a husband and father to your baby in any way at the minute. He is acting like a selfish, spoiled, teenager. I'm so cross that you have to put up with this when you should be relaxing and making sure you and baby get through the first tri safely.

Afm, got home to find that my husbands stuff is seemingly everywhere, the pup has dug up the back garden, which is wet so he is now covered in mud which he has proceeded to rub along our cream walls. I'm so cross! This is not what you want to come home to after a day of teenagers!

maybesoon- keep your head up for you and baby.. At this point, little one is all that matters.. for now at least. be strong... :)

Well, pregnancy has gone smooth so far. I do get the occasional nausea, but have yet to actually have MS.. (fx) lol I have been having trouble with taking my prenatals as they are horrid to swallow and make me gag. So I went to target yesterday and bought their generic brand gummy prenatals.. OMGOSH they are like candy! I could munch on them all day. ha so if any of you ladies want another alternative to those horse pills, try those.. Delicious. Only downside, they don't contain iron, but at least thos vit. aren't as bad to take solo.

On another note, I woke up with this horrible lower back pain. Runs down my left side mostly although i feel it on both. Makes it so difficult to walk. I hope and pray it's nothing serious and that I may have just slept wrong. Have any of you ladies experienced that and if so, how have you dealt with it?

Oh no Doggylover not what u want/need at all grrrrrrrrrr

I'd dunk puppy in bath and tell oh to sort dinner ;) ! You need to put feet up!! Keep smiling we are almost a 3rd of the way through!!

Sweetangel my back is terrible but I have a previous injury that I assume is jut playing me up :( but it does sound a little like yours... Fx it goes away for you! Have you tried heat pads? Or gentle massage? My oh isn't co operative on that front but I try and do it myself lol!!

Maybesoon im a healthy 24 year old with 2 kids already and I am shattered and feeling sick on and off... my energy is null lol so Im thinking hes just playing down how bad his ex felt to make you feel bad.. just ignore him hun xxx

yeah thats true actually - im 23 nearly 24 and I was screwed when 6 weeks and didnt want to move! he shouldnt compare xxx

Comparing women's pregnancies drives me up the wall! I am 30 with no health issues and I feel dis.gus.ting every single day. It is like being hungover every day. Go to sleep nauseous, wake up nauseous. None of us are being babies, we are growing babies! And Maybesoon your OH should definitely be cutting you some slack since it is HIS BABY you are growing. My OH would not even try some crap like that in a million years. Some days I say to him "OMG time to feel sorry for me now" and he will rhyme off various sympathetic phrases and comfort :haha: Hope your OH gets it together ASAP.

Oh no Doggylover not what u want/need at all grrrrrrrrrr

I'd dunk puppy in bath and tell oh to sort dinner ;) ! You need to put feet up!! Keep smiling we are almost a 3rd of the way through!!

Sweetangel my back is terrible but I have a previous injury that I assume is jut playing me up :( but it does sound a little like yours... Fx it goes away for you! Have you tried heat pads? Or gentle massage? My oh isn't co operative on that front but I try and do it myself lol!!

I haven't had a chance to yet as it just started kicking in on my drive to work. I will though as soon as I get home and see if i can convince my honey to give me a gentle massage. lol I've read its your ligaments stretching to help with your growing uterus and baby. Thankfully I haven't experienced cramping or bleeding so keeping my fx that it's just my body making room for baby. I did buy a thermacare heat pad. hopefully that helps :shrug:

I am officially stressing out....I have been playing phone tag with my doctor since last Friday on my lab test results. I finally was able to talk to a nurse today who had some information and she told me that I have traces of e. coli in my urine that I have to take antibiotics for and that one of other lab results came back abnormal.....:nope: Now I am still waiting for my doctor to call me to talk about what the abnormal lab result means. I don't even know what to think!!!! I am soooo worried.:cry:

oh my gosh! That is horrible! I couldn't handle my pups doing something like that right now! Try not to beat your poor pup at the moment! lol....

Thank you ladies for all your support. It truly means the world to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->