April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

I am officially stressing out....I have been playing phone tag with my doctor since last Friday on my lab test results. I finally was able to talk to a nurse today who had some information and she told me that I have traces of e. coli in my urine that I have to take antibiotics for and that one of other lab results came back abnormal.....:nope: Now I am still waiting for my doctor to call me to talk about what the abnormal lab result means. I don't even know what to think!!!! I am soooo worried.:cry:

try not to worry, if its still cat and mouse with getting hold of the doc, make an appointment to go see them :)

Hi Chig. I hope your doc gets back to you soon about your test result. This must be really frightening, but it could very easily be something very minor and fixable. The things that are minor are more common than the things that are major, so try not to worry until you speak to your doc. Hope all is well!! I am thinking of you!

Maybesoon im a healthy 24 year old with 2 kids already and I am shattered and feeling sick on and off... my energy is null lol so Im thinking hes just playing down how bad his ex felt to make you feel bad.. just ignore him hun xxx
Thank you! He honestly is making me feel like an invalid compared to her!

So he text me a bit ago asking how long I was staying with my parents & that he doesn't know what's going on. I responded telling him I don't know how long I'm staying with them. That he has made it more than clear that I'm not wanted there. I pointed out how for the last 2 weeks I come home & sit ALONE in the living room while he sits in another room playing on his computer & drinking beer. I go home ALONE while he stays up til all hours of the morning playing on his computer & drinking beer. That when he does finally come to bed (anywhere between 2-4am) he's more interested in cuddling with his damn dog than having anything to do with me.

His response was that on Sunday he got busy with the kids & totally forgot that I was in the bedroom trying to sleep! (ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??? YOU FORGOT YOU HAVE A PREGNANT WIFE IN THE HOUSE??? AND YOU EXPECT ME TO EVER LEAVE OUR BABY ALONE WITH YOU SO THAT YOU WILL GET BUSY WITH YOUR KIDS & FORGET YOU HAVE ONE ASLEEP IN ANOTHER ROOM & DRIVE OFF SOMEWHERE & LEAVE MY BABY????

He then proceeds to say that everything else can be fixed. He didn't realize that him playing a facebook game was causing problems. (ARE YOU KIDDING ME. IT HAS ONLY BEEN ABOUT 3 WEEKS SINCE YOU PUT PASSWORDS ON YOU PHONE & COMPUTER BECAUSE I FOUND A TEXT TO ONE GIRL & FACEBOOK MESSAGES TO ANOTHER WHERE YOU WERE CONFESSING THAT YOU LOVE & MISS HER. BUT YOU DON'T THINK IT WOULD BOTHER YOUR PREGNANT WIFE THAT YOU ARE ON THE COMPUTER ALL FREAKING NIGHT).

I'm so ANGRY right now I can't even begin to see straight!

Chig hope your doc gets back to you! I couldn't imagine if mine didn't get back with me quickly! As hard as it must be try not to over stress about it.

Wow maybesoon he sounds selfish and immature and I can not believehe said that to a girl on facebook!!!! I hope he stops this. You deserve so much more than that. Xxx

Oh my gosh Maybesoon I would have probably had him out when he told another girl he loved her, you need to stick up for yourself in this one!! Remember you and baby are all that matters! He is just a 'bonus' (if he wises up!)

Chig sorry you a having to wait, that's horrible :hugs:

Maybesoon im a healthy 24 year old with 2 kids already and I am shattered and feeling sick on and off... my energy is null lol so Im thinking hes just playing down how bad his ex felt to make you feel bad.. just ignore him hun xxx

So he text me a bit ago asking how long I was staying with my parents & that he doesn't know what's going on. I responded telling him I don't know how long I'm staying with them. That he has made it more than clear that I'm not wanted there. I pointed out how for the last 2 weeks I come home & sit ALONE in the living room while he sits in another room playing on his computer & drinking beer. I go home ALONE while he stays up til all hours of the morning playing on his computer & drinking beer. That when he does finally come to bed (anywhere between 2-4am) he's more interested in cuddling with his damn dog than having anything to do with me.

His response was that on Sunday he got busy with the kids & totally forgot that I was in the bedroom trying to sleep! (ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??? YOU FORGOT YOU HAVE A PREGNANT WIFE IN THE HOUSE??? AND YOU EXPECT ME TO EVER LEAVE OUR BABY ALONE WITH YOU SO THAT YOU WILL GET BUSY WITH YOUR KIDS & FORGET YOU HAVE ONE ASLEEP IN ANOTHER ROOM & DRIVE OFF SOMEWHERE & LEAVE MY BABY????

He then proceeds to say that everything else can be fixed. He didn't realize that him playing a facebook game was causing problems. (ARE YOU KIDDING ME. IT HAS ONLY BEEN ABOUT 3 WEEKS SINCE YOU PUT PASSWORDS ON YOU PHONE & COMPUTER BECAUSE I FOUND A TEXT TO ONE GIRL & FACEBOOK MESSAGES TO ANOTHER WHERE YOU WERE CONFESSING THAT YOU LOVE & MISS HER. BUT YOU DON'T THINK IT WOULD BOTHER YOUR PREGNANT WIFE THAT YOU ARE ON THE COMPUTER ALL FREAKING NIGHT).

Very frustrating... But you have to admit, at least he is reaching out! I do believe that he IS that clueless! Mine is the same way! Things that should go without saying, I have to write out to him (usually multiple times). Hang in there. I would write a list of all the things that need to change and let him work with that. This way you always have a solid piece of evidence, that you can refere to. Plus, I find that men working better then they have items to follow lol.

As for talking to some girl of FB and then setting up a password when being caught...ugh... totally unacceptable, if your Pregnant or not!

I am officially stressing out....I have been playing phone tag with my doctor since last Friday on my lab test results. I finally was able to talk to a nurse today who had some information and she told me that I have traces of e. coli in my urine that I have to take antibiotics for and that one of other lab results came back abnormal.....:nope: Now I am still waiting for my doctor to call me to talk about what the abnormal lab result means. I don't even know what to think!!!! I am soooo worried.:cry:

try not to worry, if its still cat and mouse with getting hold of the doc, make an appointment to go see them :)

We have e.Coli as norma flora in our intestinal track it is probably from that which is how alto of women get UTIs. And sometimes machines make errors too and the may just need to rerun the labs. Try and not worry to much hun. I hope you get a hold of doctor soon so it can ease your mind.

Maybesoon omg!!!! What an arse!!! I would ask him what te hell he has to hide and demand to see his fb account - if nothing to hide he will show you... I did this with my ex he refused and the same night I found him on an Internet dating site - wed been together 8yrs!!! So you need to know if you can trust him to make your judgement. I really hope he is just being a stupid man and wizes up quick smart!!! ((hugs))

Chig hope all is ok!

Sorry I keep "doppler talking", but once again, I am always just so amazed at how one can go for weeks without hearing the heartbeat, and then BAM, the very next day you pick it up immediately and can find it every time from there on out. So incredible how each day is so much progress during pregnancy.

Do we have any other homebirthing mamas here? How about- although I highly doubt it but would be thrilled to be proven wrong- any other unassisted birthers??

You all already know I cannot wait to go through labor and birth again. It is the most exciting part of this whole journey for me. Such an awesome pain. :) It's looking like we may be able to go unassisted again and that thrills me!!!!

Each pregnancy is different, it is blow below the belt making comments about his ex having a smooth pregnancy and you having a rough one. He is an idiot.

Worse than idiot in fact, what's up with the texts and the face book??? :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad: He needs a good telling off. Very irresponsible of him.

Stay strong hun, it is your obligation to yourself and the baby.:hugs:

What a way to start the morning...dry heaving out the back door. I actually thought as I came downstairs "huh I don't feel too bad today, and the smell of the kitchen hasn't been bothering me at all!"

Oh how foolish.

Oh dear doggylover thats not good at all! Hang in there only a few weeks left until the lovely second tri where we start to feel normal again lol xxx

doggylover , so sorry you suffer like that...

Just got back from the diagnostics center after extensive (second round of) test and I'm UTI free!!! Yay! I was soooo scared I have a UTI, I 've been through lots of suffering with a pyelonephritis that kept me in the hospital for a long time and almost lost a kidney, my then doc told me "never get a UTI again or else you are in danger of losing that kidney"... Thank you cranberry juice for protecting me! I need to celebrate!!!

Good news about my mom too...
The down fall before the good news:
She came over yesterday and started busting balls about arranging how we should move the furniture and what kind of cot I'm buying etc. I told her I 'm not getting a cot for the baby as we will co sleep as long as I'm breastfeeding, and that would be from minimum 6 months to maximum 1 year, in which time we might even move to a bigger place so the kid will have its own room. Until then no fancy furniture buying. A co sleeper bassinet will be sufficient.
She (of course) freaked out and told me that co sleeping is disgusting and unhygienic. All the while I'm thinking that millions of parents co sleep and they are not having hygienic problems of any kind... Anyways I tell her what are you gonna do, be the 24h cop who regulates our sleeping behavior here? It is up to me and no one else, sorry for being so freaked out, but there is nothing you can do about it. I would love a fancy house with a big nursery, but this is not a the case in this apartment, we have very little space for now and we have to make the best of it. She started saying we should set up a nursery in the living room which is roomy but too far away from my bedroom, absolutely inconvenient for mothers and babies. She finally shut up about it and sked what can she buy me then? and I gave her a catalog from Chicco and jotted the BF items I need, pillow, pump etc. She made a sour face and said she doesn't want to buy those ugly disgusting things. Well I told her they are necessary and this is what I need the most, it is up to her to buy them if she is refusing I have nothing more to ask. So she complied and said the pillow is very cute.
https://www3.bebitus.com/12246-1838-thickbox/cojin-de-lactancia-boppy-chicco-funda-algodon-ringto.jpg
I think she liked the cute pictures of the baby sitting on the pillow...

Honestly my mom is outrageous. But at least she agreed to help out, my way, not her imaginary way....

And check out my ticker guys! Tomorrow I'm officially 10 weeks!!! sooo excited! I can't believe I've made it to the 10th week! Only 30 more to go (give or take).

I've just heard the most sickening thing on the school run... there is a lady who lives near my mum in the same flats as her friend and apparently this woman who lives there came home last night steaming off her head and murdered her 6 month old baby boy. I wanted to cry when she told me, they walk past the house in the morning on the school run and saw the ambulance and police cars, apparently the woman hadn't called the emergency services until this morning. My mums friend and all the other people who live in the block have to be investigated to find out if anyone knows what happened. I remember my own son at 6 months old, he was a happy gorgeous little boy and I could not imagine ever being able to hurt him. Some people in this world are actually evil monsters. I wish I knew who she was I would go there right now and kill her myself.

Lily - I co-slept with both of my babies, it was much safer in my oppinion because when it was too hot I could lower the blankets and when it was too cold I could put more on us, babies are terrible at regulating heat so this was a good way for me to know if baby was too hot or too cold, also my babies slept much better next to me and who doesn't love a midnight cuddle with the one you love most in the world? I breast fed in my bed and as long as you put a plastic lined sheet under the sheet and some muslin clothes to catch any leaks then the bed stays clean. Just be careful not to fall asleep when you breast feed as it can make you extremely sleepy and if baby chokes they make no sound. My daughter was sat right in front of me drinking water one day and turned red in her face that was the only way I knew she was choking, she didnt wheeze or cough or move it was frighting. And always make sure you put a pillow next to the edge so the baby cant roll off. Babies roll sooner on soft surfaces like beds because they know it wont hurt when they roll over. I totally recommend co-sleeping I loved it!

I probably wont be able to co-sleep with this baby, because OH is built like a brick shit house and although he sleeps still he rolls very fast and suddenly in the night and I don't think it would be safe for baby to be crushed by him! fat git! lol..

Your mum probably feels that it;s her baby having a baby so she wants to make sure you get everything you need and get it right but she doesn't understand that she's interfering rather than helping, She is meaning well but coming off the wrong way. Hopefully she will calm down before baby comes :) x

Lily so glad you are UTI free!

And that's good that your mom is starting to make some moves in the right direction. She wasprobably shocked that you stood up to her, but absolutely you should have done! This is your baby, your way, and if she doesn't like that well...that's just tough. Now you have 30 more weeks to get her to come round to your way entirely...baby steps!!!

And that pillow with those cuties does look very appealing!!! Made me want one (even though my SIL has a cow print one I'll be using!)

Yey Lilly for getting rid of UTI Whoo hoo :)

Ukgirl that is truly horrifying I'm so sorry it's awfull poor innocent little boy what a callas cold woman hope she gets what she deserves!

Elocin I love my Doppler too it's amazing to hear little bean!!! Due to my pacemaker ad my first im consultant led so I have to be in hospital for birth - plus I have no idea what to expect really but I totally admire you for having a home birth!!! Does unassisted mean no midwife?

Doggylover so sorry you feel rough I know the feeling all too well. Fx it passes soon and it doesn't interrupt your day too much!

I'm ok today odd wave of nausea but generally ok which makes me very happy as Wednesday's are my bonkers day!!

Hope everyone is ok and has a good day!

I've just heard the most sickening thing on the school run... there is a lady who lives near my mum in the same flats as her friend and apparently this woman who lives there came home last night steaming off her head and murdered her 6 month old baby boy.

Lily - I co-slept with both of my babies

I breast fed in my bed and as long as you put a plastic lined sheet under the sheet and some muslin clothes to catch any leaks then the bed stays clean.

Hopefully she will calm down before baby comes :) x

Oh gosh what news to hear this morning, unbelievable... I guess you have no clue right now, but was she suffering from mental disease? I will sound harsh now, but not everyone should have children, children are not mood enhancers, don't fix our relationships or make us more special. Society has given the wrong message about kids I think, that you will instantly feel a motherly love beyond any expectation and feel happy and content (yeah right say that to the thousands of women with pp depression). Or that it will bring a family together and make your OH love you more. Or that everyone will immediately love you if you hold a baby. So NOT true. Parenting is difficult and big challenge. People with severe problems should think about it very well before starting having kids.

Thanks for all the co sleeping advice, really appreciate it, everything I learn is invaluable!:hugs:

She actually meant that we are dirty and old, and it is not healthy for a baby to sleep with dirty old parents who fart while they sleep.:dohh:

She is menopausal and has a lot of irrational behavior right now, IDK if she will come to her senses but I can only hope.

Lily so glad you are UTI free!

And that's good that your mom is starting to make some moves in the right direction. She wasprobably shocked that you stood up to her, but absolutely you should have done! This is your baby, your way, and if she doesn't like that well...that's just tough. Now you have 30 more weeks to get her to come round to your way entirely...baby steps!!!

And that pillow with those cuties does look very appealing!!! Made me want one (even though my SIL has a cow print one I'll be using!)

Heheee! I'm super happy about the uti free results!:happydance: Thanks!

The pillow is freakin awesome, the cutest I've seen. IDK the price in your area, but I think here is around 40 euro, this is why I asked for it beforehand.:winkwink: I think in ebay there are cheaper ones, but I want something brand new!:blush:
Yey Lilly for getting rid of UTI Whoo hoo :)

I'm ok today odd wave of nausea but generally ok which makes me very happy as Wednesday's are my bonkers day!!

Hope everyone is ok and has a good day!

Whoohoo! Thanks!

Hope the nausea stays low, and hope you have a great day too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->