April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Thank you maybesoon and ukgirl! I feel better knowing that information. I was thinking to myself that I am 2 months pregnant and it doesn't even look like I am pregnant at all. I can't wait to show off my bump!:blush:

Littlespy - I too just had a dream two nights ago about whether I was having a boy or a girl. In my dream, my husband surprised me by decorating the nursery with a boy theme to tell me we were having a boy! My response was "how do you even know it's a boy?" and then I don't remember what happened after that...:haha:

I didnt get a bump with my first baby until I was about 5 months gone... i only put on a tiny amount of weight. dont worry chig as long as you eat and stay healthy all will be fine xxx

ukgirl that is aweful it made me want to cry just reading your post. Some people in this world really have no buisness with children. yha with my first daughter I breast feed and had her in the bed with me, I actually kicked my oh out of the bed then because he, too, rolls all over the place. The best part was that he did not mind and with this one I doubt he will mind again because now we have our guest bedroom finished downstairs, its like a whole nother section of the house so he wont be sleeping on the couch. lol

so I just got back from my 8weeks 2 day doc appointment and my little on is doing fantastic the doc said. got to see and hear such a wonderful heart beat measuring at 173 bpm. the doc said everything was going great right now. He also supprised my and oh because he said that there is still only one the other one never grew. ummm I was thinking to myself I did not even know there was going to be a possiblilty of there being two. Anyway he said that there was one. wow wouldnt that have been a suprise, my dad was actually a twin and they run on oh's side of the family to. But only one for little one for now. the doc actually prescribed me some anti nausea medicine because I have been so sick, not vomiting just sick to my stomach to the point I cant eat. Taking a bit of something of taking a sip of something feels like pulling teeth. It is horrible, he told me it is suppose to start tappering down around week 9 so hopefully it will. I'm not sure about taking precription meds of anykind safe or not while my little bean is still developing. What do you guys think of anti-naseau medicine.

What scared me was that my mom told me that back in the day, in my maw maws time the nausea medicine they were giving women made the babies born without limbs. I am sure they have done studies and more research on all of that stuff but still freaked out now.

I attatched my us pics 8weeks 2 days..

Attachments

• AMBA0002.jpg
    AMBA0002.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 5
  • AMBA0006.jpg
    AMBA0006.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 7
Oh my ukgirl that's awful news!!!! So horrendous, and sad.

I feel really bad, I am eating such a bad diet at the minute. Well, technically I am eating as normal - healthy breakfast lunch and dinner, at least 5 portions of fruit a day (not so good with the veg mind you) but at the minute I am supplementing with loads of crisps and sweets (or chips and candy!) I feel so guilty every time I eat something bad because I know I shouldn't, but I've always had a really sweet tooth and at the minute they are some of the only things I want, and crisps really help settle my stomach.

Am I being an awful pregnant lady??

chig don't worry about the weight at all. It is normal not to gain, or even lose a little in the first tri especially if you have nausea. My best friend was losing weight all the way into her 2nd tri and then she stopped and gained a little bit in the 3rd, she has a beautiful healthy baby daughter.

I thought I had gained 1 kilo, but after I went to the bathroom today (severe constipation didn't go for days) I lost it. It was all poop it seems. Now my tummy is flat again.

About the guy that shook the baby hard and the baby was injured: I 've seen a neighbor doing this to his baby girl a few years back. He was a very stupid guy, he had a son toddler at the time and a new born girl. When he was coming back from work he was taking the baby girl from the little moses basket (I could see their back yard) while sleeping and he would shake her hard until she cried. His wife and his MIL wouldn't say anything. His wife also worked all day, and she wouldn't give the time of the day to the kids. It was grandmother who was taking care of them. I was ready to call child services when he lost his job and they had to move out. IDK what happened to the little girl, I hope she is alright. This man was a horrible father and if I was a little braver I would call the police and he would be in prison now... He was a weird guy, he was doing very peculiar creepy stuff, never liked him...

Oh my gosh lily that is awful!

I have a very bad temper, I will admit. But I don't think I would ever get so angry/upset with a little, helpless baby that I did that. Hopefully.

Ngodshands, great news about your scan, and great pics! Bit of a shock about a potential second I'm sure! But just one nice healthy bean is plenty!

Ngodshands LOVE the scan pics! Great New!!! Isn't it wonderful getting to hear the little heart beating so fast. I can't wait til I get to go back & can hear it again!

Congrats!

Ngodshands LOVE the scan pics! Great New!!! Isn't it wonderful getting to hear the little heart beating so fast. I can't wait til I get to go back & can hear it again!

Congrats!

yes it is, my oh went with me and I think he was more amazed then I was. He said it make it so much more reality getting to see and hear the heart beat. It was so beautiful. With our little girl we did not get to do an ultrasound until 13. I had a little spotting at the begining with her so I went to the er and got to see the heart beat with our little girl and he had to wait until 13 weeks. He was in amazement.

That's awesome! Glad he got to be there with you & enjoy the moment! It's truly a very special moment.

From the sounds of it though, birthing at a hospital in the US is much different from the UK or other parts of the world. At least the majority of US hospitals. It's all about liability here. I feel like I'd have to fight for everything that is important to me (and the other way around). I don't want monitoring during labor, don't want to be restricted, don't want people bothering me, don't want baby bathed immediately, don't want the cord cut until it's limp, don't want most testing done on my baby, don't want baby taken away from my room EVER, don't want to stay for a full 24+ hours (unless absolutely necessary, obviously), etc. And for goodness sake, denying all that here even puts me at the risk of a nurse calling CPS "out of concern." It's happened! (not to me, but to enough others that it scares me!) It's so ridiculous.

Apparently it varies widely from doctor to doctor and hospital to hosptial in the US, too. I live in a VERY conservative state and I simply chose our doctors/hospital/pediatrician based on location (we interviewed the ped first but it went so well we went with her). Everyone has complied with all of our requests for me, the birth, and the baby. And yes, we had/have requests that are outside of the norm, especially around here. We never even had anyone question us (other than "Why do you want to do that?" and then responded positively once we told them why; generally scientific reaons; I think they just wanted to see if we had actually researched it ourselves or something. I don't know for sure but it never bothered me for them to ask). Like you said, you can probably find a hospital/doctor/mw to suit you but if you're more comfortable going a different route, it's entirely your (and OH's) decision. :thumbup:

Oh my ukgirl that's awful news!!!! So horrendous, and sad.

I feel really bad, I am eating such a bad diet at the minute. Well, technically I am eating as normal - healthy breakfast lunch and dinner, at least 5 portions of fruit a day (not so good with the veg mind you) but at the minute I am supplementing with loads of crisps and sweets (or chips and candy!) I feel so guilty every time I eat something bad because I know I shouldn't, but I've always had a really sweet tooth and at the minute they are some of the only things I want, and crisps really help settle my stomach.

Am I being an awful pregnant lady??

Absolutely not!

I try my best to eat pretty healthy but sometimes cravings just take hold and get the best of me. I'm really surprised I've only gained a pound! I, too, have eaten way more than my fair share of chips/crisps. Not so much on the candy/sweets (which is unusual for me), but ice cream was a really big hit until 7 weeks or so. :haha: Just do the best you can. :thumbup:

doggylover... I think you are just fine! As my doctor told me..... At this point with nausea & all, eat what you can eat. Don't stress about making sure you are hitting all the goals set forth. If you are craving something you are doing it for a reason & go ahead & indulge, just don't go crazy with it.

It is horrible, he told me it is suppose to start tappering down around week 9 so hopefully it will.

Uh... if someone could send this memo into my belly I would appreciate it since I am 12 weeks tomorrow and still feeling sick! Cute ultrasounds pics! We are going for our nuchal translucency test on Friday. Cannot wait to see the kid again!

Thanks ladies. I had a major panic today because I had some lucozade, crisps, sweets and half a bar of chocolate as well as my regular stuff! :blush: that's a bad day even for me!

I haven't gained any weight though which is weird. If I ate like this normally I would have gained pounds by now. No idea what's going on there - it's lulling me into a false sense of security though!

Welcome sparklegirl! Gosh so much to read this evening!!

I'm also not eating healthily at all but as others have said docs say just eat what you fancy and don't worry! Hmmm I seem to be loving baked beans & poached eggs then anything sweet!!! Oopps think I may have gained a few pounds already - but worried but Im still not overweight so trying not to think about it and when I can exercise in 2nd tri I'm sure I'll feel much better!

Hope everyone has had a good day!!

Ooooh ingots hands congrats on scan!!!!
So sorry if I've missed anything important!

Make the most of it Doggylover! Guilt free eating ;) at least for another week or so!

Hi Ladies, hope you're all well!! Finally had my midwife appointment. Still waiting for a scan date. I still havent been able to see peewee! :(

I am going to call tomorrow and see if they have a date for me xx

Yey teamo definately call them if you make your self known they may do it quicker hehe!

Ladies I've just realised we are the oldest in first tri now - there are June babies on the cards and the march lot are all in 2nd tri :) :) :)

Hope you are all enjoying your evenings!

Yey teamo definately call them if you make your self known they may do it quicker hehe!

Ladies I've just realised we are the oldest in first tri now - there are June babies on the cards and the march lot are all in 2nd tri :) :) :)

Hope you are all enjoying your evenings!

Yay for end of 1st trimester :happydance:

I'm so ready to hit 13 weeks and wave goodbye to the 1st tri. I was so over this trimester before it even started. LOL I've seen way to many 1st tri's for my liking....

I'm kinda thinking this baby is a girl, just based on the HR and measurements that are nearly identical to my other 2 girls (as opposed to my boy). But other than that I have ZERO gender intuition.

We never find out the sex though (even as a serious perfectionist planner, this is one surprise that nothing else in life compares to, so to me it's not worth finding out!). I'll know for sure towards the end of April!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->